CStatic #3

I've assigned an variable of rype CString to the CStatic control (text
label). When I do this:

m_strText = "aaaaa";
UpdateData();

CStatic text doesn't change. Why?

0
blah1280 (59)
5/19/2004 11:14:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'ts UpdateData(FALSE);

"Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote in message

> I've assigned an variable of rype CString to the CStatic control (text
> label). When I do this:
>
> m_strText = "aaaaa";
> UpdateData();
>
> CStatic text doesn't change. Why?

Don't use UpdateData().  Remembering if TRUE or FALSE should be used is
pointless.  Make the member variable a CStatic type and use SetWindowText()
instead.

"Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote in message

> I've assigned an variable of rype CString to the CStatic control (text
> label). When I do this:
>
> m_strText = "aaaaa";
> UpdateData();
>
> CStatic text doesn't change. Why?

Give the CStatic item its own ID (such as IDC_STATIC_WHATEVER), then use:

SetDlgItemTxt(IDC_STATIC_WHATEVER, "Your Text");
Update is immediate (no UpdateData() required).

This will also let you manipulate it's colors, etc, in OnCtlColor(...);

Balboos

Miki Peric wrote:
> I've assigned an variable of rype CString to the CStatic control (text
> label). When I do this:
>
> m_strText = "aaaaa";
> UpdateData();
>
> CStatic text doesn't change. Why?

0
balboos (139)

Warning Message #3
I just recently upgraded my Outlook XP to SP3. Now no matter what I do I get this warning window which tells me " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'NO'" If I choose no I can continue with what I was doing, If I choose yes, them I am prompted to tell Outlook for how long I want to allow access for. Once I select a time I am able to continue with what I was doing See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for informatio...

Custom Format #3
Is there a way to format numbers in size/speed such as mb/sec. In IT when they are charting different server speeds and want to show a table for the chart, the only place that I was able t display mb/sec was on the x-axis. Not sure if this is possible or not ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com "finlain" <finlain.xiicy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:finlain.xiicy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Is there a way to format numbe...

XML schema validation #3

CRM 3.0 installation failed on reporting services installation last step
CRM 3.0 installation failed again at last step of installing reporting services. it only says unexpected error occured and error code is 25616. is there a recommended way of CRm 3.0 install? i meant to say that is it preffered to install reporting service seperatly ??? now what i should do with the installation? should i need to prepare the machine again for re-installation? this installation is not helpful as it did not tell any detail error and it says every thing ok on Pre req verification. One further thing i encountered after 25616 error that it displayed me a Message to Retry Abort or ...

Outlook Automation #3
I want to create a rule or VBA code that permanently deletes all emails in all folders from a certain sender/recipient when I click a button. Rules appear to take action when a message is received and not after I read the email. Is this possible? For example if sender equals XYZ@123.com or recipient equals XYZ@123.com then permanently delete. I am running IMAP through MS Outlook 2007. Outlook doesn't support this using rules. You'd need to use VBA or use Run Rules Now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlo...

CRM 3.0 Currency symbol
No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. Please help I have full admin rights on the network/crm/world etc Hi I am facing same problem. Do let me know if the case gets resolved. -- Thanks in advance. Ankit "Brian McFarland" wrote: > No matter what i do i cant get the currency symbol to stay changed from $ to £ > > As soon as i exit the organisation settings form it changes back. > > Please help > > I have full admin rights on the netwo...

Ranking/Sorting more than 3 row's
I have a spreadsheet with 742 rows (of company names). I have 5 columns of criteria for the companies. Each column is a different criteria about each company, and has a numerical rank for each company. 1-~75 (some columns/criteria have no rank for a company) I want to create an overall rank of the companies based on how they perform across the 5 rows. I want the companies with the most 1's at the top and then those with 1 & 2's and then those with 2 & 2's etc. Is there a way to sort or rank this spreadsheet of companies? I would do a sum of the inverses of each of...

Downgrade RMA 2.0 database to 1.3?
Is there anyway to do this? NO. Can go up but not back unless you have backup from before the upgrade ...

Bug report � CRM 3.0 IE client crashes when you do the following:
Start up CRM from IE, click on accounts, click on more actions, then with the drop menu displayed, click anywhere outside of the drop down menu. This causes an IE crash consistently on both IE6 and IE7. This happens other places in CRM with drop down menus. Basically, if you open a drop down menu, you better click something in it or IE will crash. Anyone have any ideas what can be done to fix this. This happens on both our development CRM box and the live server. (Completely isolated installs). You probably have patch 918899 installed. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923762 for how to ...

Resolution to CRM 1.2 database export failed error during 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
After struggling with this error working with MS Support and receiving no resolution, we were able to solve the problem through KB article 916924 (see below). Why MS Support did not point us to this in the first place is quite frustrating, so hopefully this will help others! CAUSE Cause 1 This problem occurs because there are saved queries in the Microsoft CRM 1.2 databases that are malformed. This problem usually occurs because a third-party product is not completely removed from the Microsoft CRM databases before you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. Cause 2 This problem occurs if th...

Can't track message from outside to inside after enable message tracking on exchange 5.5 #3
Dear, I am using a Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 SP4 We would want to track all message for debug use. So, I have enable the message Tracking. After enable it, I find that it can track the information for send mail between internal and send mail from internal to external But can't tray the information from outside to internal mailbox. I have do below setting on my exchange server, Is there any missing on the setting. Hope anyone can give me some help 1) Information Store Site Configuration Properties --> General --> tick Enable message tracking box 2) MTA Site Configuration Prop...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

Importing CSV files #3
Normally when you click on a csv file excel opens it witout problem. However I have one user who when they click on the csv file finds that it open in an unformatted state. In order to open the file properly she has to go through the import process and place a tick in the comma section. When this is done all the data is formatted correctly. I am able to open this file without problem on my machine. In order to try and fix this I uninstalled and reinstalled office. I also tried doing it under another profile on the same machine to see if it was a profile problem. It also failed. ...

IF and VLOOKUP #3
i have a vlookup function in N4, if the value in M4 = 1 i want N4 to return a o, but if M4 is blank i want to use the vlookup formula any takers??? Many thanks to everyone who has helped w this nightmarish spreadsheet of mine. Try something along the lines of: =IF(M4=1,0,IF(M4="",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(...)),"M4 is neither 1 nor 0")) You can replace the phrase: "M4 is neither 1 nor 0" with something else (you didn't specify this) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- &...

Online Services #3
Can someone tell me whether, or how often I must renew Money, in order to use online services such as updating mutual fund prices? I am thinking of switching from Quicken, because they are starting to require me to upgrade in order to keep the online services. Does Money have the same requirement? Thank you. Robert wrote: > *Can someone tell me whether, or how often I must renew > Money, in order to use online services such as updating > mutual fund prices? I am thinking of switching from > Quicken, because they are starting to require me to > upgrade in order to keep t...

Email Routing #3
The past few weeks, there have been a number of emails that were sent to the wrong people - people who were not selected to received the emails. During the summer, I upgraded our Exchange Server 2003 to 6.5.7638.1 and windows server 2003 to sp1. I installed the new version of Intelligent Message Filter. We had not had this problem before the above upgrades. I have no idea of where to start to find out why the mail is being misrouted. No event viewer problems. No error messages whatsoever. Any ideas? Is this internal or external mail? Is message tracking enabled? What does it...

MS CRM 3.0 and SBS Server
what is the supports SBS Server edition for MS CRM 3.0? is it Premium or Standard? CRM Small Business Edition -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Benjie Fallar III" <bfallar@wizardsgroup.com> wrote in message news:eYlvm9CPGHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > what is the supports SBS Server edition for MS CRM 3.0? is it Premium or > Standard? > Premium. You need SQL Server, which only comes with Premium. "Benjie Fallar III" <bfallar@wizardsgroup.com> wrote in message ...

If Statements #3
Hi all I am new to this, can someone, please help me with this. I wont to now how to evaluate two or more logical conditions if they are true or false using if functions for example. If total purchases in A2 are greater than $7000.00 deduct 15% from those purchases and if purchases are greater than $5000.00 deduct 10% of purchases otherwise purchases stay the same. How would I do this if funtion, Please, maybe use a or somehow? Cheers Mark -- burkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ burkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

VBA help #3
Hi, I'm an excel VBA total novice. I dabble in access vba, but am unsure where to start in excel. What I need is some code I can tie to a macro (& keyboard shortcut) which will find all values under 1000 in the selected range and change them to 1001. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help greatly appreciated.....thanks, Jason Look in the vba help index for FINDNEXT. There is a good example. c.value=1001 -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jay" <dummy@dummy.dummy> wrote in message news:eYGxqeELIHA.3...

RECENTLY USED FILE LIST #3
The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. HTH, Gary Brown "bvanepps" wrote: > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? The box is not available, that is the problem. Thanks "Gary Brown" wrote: > Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... > If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. > HTH, > Gary Brown > > "bvanepps" wrote: > > > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activ...

pdf files #3
Hi, I am using ms publisher 2003 and would like to know how to insert pdf files into my webpages so people can click on them to open them as a separate document and then print them if they wish to. Thanks Mabeline If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader) you can download the free PrimoPDF. http://www.primopdf.com "Mabeline" <Mabeline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2AB9365-95CB-46F6-92F2-99AA18DF29A8@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am using ms publisher 2003 and would like to know how to insert pdf > files > into my webpages so...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Excel Report Data Refresh
We recently rolled out a new PC for a user and now when they try to refresh various CRM based Excel reports the data connection cannot be established. Is there an additional installation from CRM for this automatic update to work on the new PC? ...

Fetch XML to Query Expression

OL2000 disabling inplace editing for contact lists and task lists, etc #3
hi Can someone please help me with this one: I manage a small SBS2000 instalation (20 users) running outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. Outlook 2000 has the annoying feature that whenever you click on an item in a task list or contact list and start typing, you modify the contens of the item (without noticing). This happens often in the company and has recently resulted in inadvertedly destructing critical information contained in public contacts and tasks folders. I would like to know if there is a way to disable this in place editing feature, making changes to items only possible if you doub...

How do I make a graph with 2-cycle X 3-cycle log-log graph paper?
I need to create a graph that uses 2-cycle by 3-cycle log-log graph paper. I was told that Excel can be used to do this. However, after fiddling around with it for an hour, I have been unable to figure out how to do it. Any suggestions? Charles A. Wilson - The only Excel chart type that supports log-log is the XY (Scatter) chart type. If more "fiddling around" with an XY (Scatter) chart doesn't yield results for you, post again with your problem and your version of Excel. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Charles A. Wilson" <Cha...