CScrollView within an ActiveX Control

I am trying to create a CScrollView and make it a child in an ActiveX
Control.

1) I used the VC++ "Add Class" to derive from CScrollView,  getting
MyScrollView
2) #include'd the header file and delcared a member of that derived class
"MyScrollView  m_View"
3) When I attempt to create it, the compiler tells me that I can not call
the "protected" construtor.

I then tryed to create the derived class via a "new" , dynamically. Got the
same error.

and Ideas?

0
PinHead1 (35)
7/30/2004 5:21:33 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PinHead wrote:

> I am trying to create a CScrollView and make it a child in an ActiveX
> Control.
>
> 1) I used the VC++ "Add Class" to derive from CScrollView,  getting
> MyScrollView
> 2) #include'd the header file and delcared a member of that derived class
> "MyScrollView  m_View"
> 3) When I attempt to create it, the compiler tells me that I can not call
> the "protected" construtor.
>
> I then tryed to create the derived class via a "new" , dynamically. Got the
> same error.
>
> and Ideas?

You need CreateObject.  Actually, you need all the code that is used by
CSplitterWnd::CreateView.  The reason is that when a view is created it
must also be registered with the document, and its parent frame window
must assign an ID to it so it can be resized within the available client
area, and MFC must send WM_INITIALUPDATE to it.  So MFC made the
constructor protected because you are supposed to let MFC code do all
these things for you.  You presumably don't have any of these
accessories in your Activex control, so you've got a ways to go after
you get it constructed.  But it can be done :)

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott

Resize ActiveX control
Dear Sirs, I've created a class inherited from CDialog containing one Internet Explorer ActiveX control. Even if the dialog is resizable I've fixed its size on opening event to a defined percentage of screen resolution, in order not to let 'get out' of a screen using minor resolution. There's a problem when a link that creates a fixed dimension popup window is activated: I can't resize ActiveX control. Only when dragging window's lower right corner, in the refresh everything starts to work fine again, because in OnSize() I resize the control based on dialog CRect. I...

Creating graph from values in multiple tabs within workbook
I am trying to produce a simple line graph from values in worksheets within a workbook. Worksheet 01/01/07 Share price A �5 Worksheet 01/01/07 Share price B �2 Worksheet 01/02/07 share price A �4 Worksheet 01/02/07 share price B �2.50 I thought that you could hold the ctrl key down and select the data from each cell in the worksheet but I have obviously got that wrong. As you can see from above I am looking to initially create 2 lines over a say a year to monitor the values of a number of different share prices. Can someone point me in the direction of an idiot guide of how to do this....

how ,we can remove flickering of form control
hi I have some progress bar control on my form.I have set different color for different progress bar. BUT ,PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN PROGRESS BAR SHOWS PROGRESS ,SOME FLICKERING ALSO APPEARS. HOW ,WE CAN SOVE IT. Arbind Arbind, You seem to have big problems with flickering forms :-))) As you have both - if I remember correctly - a flickering grid and now a flickering progress bar, I would suspect that the problem is that you are triggering unnecessary updates yourself - you might want to check your code for invalidations of the form, where invalidations of a control is mo...

2 different loan payments within 1 transaction
Hi, I'm using MS Money 2006 and I love the functionality so far, but I have recently run into this new problem. It's kind of a rare occurence, so I hope someone can help me out. I have 2 student loan accounts, one subsidized and one unsubsidized so they can't be consolidated further. Both of these loan accounts are set up separately within MS Money. The problem seems to be that only ONE combined payment (transaction) goes towards both loans at once. This one lump sum gets automatically divided at roughly 85%/15% between the loans. Now, I've split income transaction...

how to get position of cursor in EDIT control??
How does one get the position of the cursor in an edit control? I am not talking about the mouse cursor and that is what GetCaretPos() and GetCursorPos() do. I am talking about the blinking vertical line. There doesn't seem to be any way to get it?? I want to be able to get it in client or screen coordinates. Thanks! "Nobody" <nobody@cox.net> wrote in message news:dpbwb.10587$Bk1.14@fed1read05... > How does one get the position of the cursor in an edit control? I am not > talking about the mouse cursor and that is what GetCaretPos() and > GetCursorPos() do. I am...

MS POS should let the owner have control of assigned rights/role.
MS POS should let the owner have control of assigned rights/role because the roles versuss privileges already assigned aren't representative of every business design. At my music store, I would like to have the ability to make these changes myself. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

Calculated control #Name? error
I have simple form with a control source of a data table. On the form I have a number of text boxes with calcuated controls for example: Name: txtTotalFTE Format: Fixed Control Source=[DirExLaborNbr]+[DirTempLaborNbr]+[IndSanNbr]+ [IndFLTNbr]+[IndLeadNbr]+[IndQANbr] This works fine, correctly showing the total. In another text box I have the following but the result is #Name?: Name: txtTotalHrs Format: Fixed Control Source=[txtTotalFTE]*8 I have several other text boxes where I need to reference other calculated controls (with much more complex calculations than this one) but I always ge...

Hyperlink target frames within Outlook
I have a problem where I have several hyperlinks within an Outlook message and after a user clicks the first hyperlink, I'd like the consequent hyperlinks within that e-mail to appear in that same window, but instead Outlook keeps popping up new windows. ...

Removing focus rectangle of an hyperlink control
Hi all, I have a static control which i converted into a hyperlink control. Whenever i needs to set focus to this control, i done it using "DrawFocusRect()". Now what should be done in order to remove that focus rectangle. Please suggest. By default, the color of the hyperlink is appearing black. I need to change it to blue(default) and violet (when visited). Please suggest. Static controls cannot get focus, so you have no way to tell if you should set the focus because the concept does not exist. If you want to draw the focus rectangle when the mouse hovers over it, that's...

Should Exchange server installed in the same domain controller server
Currently exchange server was installed the same File/printer server. But user access e-mail through Web Outlook Access is very slow when open/send e-mail message. Will this help improving the connection speed of openning/send message through out OWA if we installed the exchanger server in new server? Please help.... Thanks. It may. It depends on where the "slowness" is coming from. Generally, it's a good idea to put Exchange on a separate server if you can afford the hardware and licenses. It helps greatly if you separate Domain Controller function from Exchange function. R...

Inserted Controls do not work once Saved
I am creating a form with textbox controls and date control. They work fine until I save the document then the controls seem to disappear. Has anyone had this problem before and what is the solution? I have copied the form and re-created the controls, but once again upon saving the form the controls go away. HELP Which version of Word are you using? Note that if you are using Word 2007, inserting content controls, and then saving in Word 97-2003 format, content controls will be converted to static text. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LRay67" <...

Control panel>mail>general>The following profiles..........
Hi there, MS Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 : service pack 3) copyright 2007 Control panel>mail>general>The following profiles are set up on this computer: (as per attachment) What details should I enter, I used to be able to send web pages by email (file>send>page by email, etc.) but it stopped out of the blue for some reason. Many thanks Steve Those options do not relate to each other or are you saying that you no longer have Outlook configured with a mail account at all on your system? The d...

Prevent Full String Selection after Change Event on Control
I have created a form for filtering a query (txtCustomerName field) by typing in value. The form has a single text box (unbound or bound to a field hasn't helped). There is a subform based on a query which returns all records sorted by customer name. When characters are typed in the text box, the query is filtered using the following (like "*"& [Forms]![frmCustomerLookup]![txtLookupName] & "*"). I trap the Change Event on the control txtCustomerName, refreshing the subform with Me.Refresh after each change event (It filters exaxtly the way I wa...

How do I customize the history view within contacts?
How do I customize the history view within contacts? I want to move the Actual End field to be further to the left than it is in the vanilla view -- colin mann, hawes signs Thanks to our IT Solutions partner epartners for the answer. In customisation, go to activities and then select close activity associated view and open activity associated view and customise each view -- colin mann, hawes signs "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" wrote: > How do I customize the history view within contacts? > > I want to move the Actual End field to be further to the left than it is in ...

MS Chart Control for VC++9 03-14-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks "Azed" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:OTMhW14wKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS > chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS > chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. > Is...

Turn control to read only when editing but write when adding
I have a control that is a look up to find a value. I want to make the control read only if the record is being edited and allow it to be changed when a new record is added? How do you do that? Use the Current event of the form to lock the control if you are not at the new record: Private Sub Form_Current() Me.[NameOfYourControlHere].Locked = Not Me.NewRecord End Sub -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Sarah at DaVita" <sarah.pette...

lock controls
Hello All, In VBA, is there a way to lock/unlock all bound controls at once, or do I have to name them individually? alex You can set the form so that it doesn't allow edits, deletions or inserts. Would that be sufficient? If not, you can loop through all of the controls, check whether they're bound, and lock that way: Dim ctlCurr As Control For Each ctlCurr In Me.Controls If Len(ctlCurr.ControlSource) > 0 Then ctlCurr.Lock = True End If Next ctlCurr -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "alex" <...

How can I call direct methodes and pobertys from an control?
Hallo, I'm new on VC++ and mfc. I wondered that I can't acess the positioned component, like a picture box, in my dialogbased application, direct in the cpp file by name. In Borland C++ Builder all component are objects and can by handled as such a component. In VC I have to create an member variable. This member variable has unfortunatly the typ CStatic so I loos the possibility to acess the methodes and proberties of the specific control. I know there is a way to do that but I couldn't find it. Could you pleas help me. Thanks a lot. Kind regards jorge (I hope you see what I mea...

resize paint control during Execution
Hi, How can I resize an picture control during execution? I would like increase only the width. Thank you for your help. Kind regards jorge J�rg Weber wrote: > Hi, > > How can I resize an picture control during execution? I would like increase > only the width. > > Thank you for your help. > > Kind regards jorge > > Call the control's SetWindowPos function with the desired size. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Finding number of weeks within a period
My data consists of StartDate, EndDate, StartTime, EndTime, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun (days of week are check box format y/n) I need to calculate the NumOfHours for an event. For example: StartDate: 2/1/2010 EndDate: 2/15/2010 StartTime: 6:00:PM EndTime: 7:00:PM Mon is checked The NumOfHours should = 2 I can calculate the NumHrsPerDay and the NumOfDaysPerWk BUT..... can't seem to get the last part which is how many Mondays are in the date period. Thanks, Margaret On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:05:01 -0800, MaggieL <MaggieL@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

ActiveX custom Method, with custom parameter type
Hi, I am building my own ActiveX and I want to implement a custom Method. The Wizard proposed a choice of type for the parameters type, so I can't use my own type. Avoiding using the wizard causes problems as it do not recognize the method after...Say I want a Method "Add(MyClass& m_my)" . Once creating the Method with the wizard, those lines are added to the .h : //{{AFX_DISPATCH(CMonGrapheCtrl) .... afx_msg void Add(short m_my); //here I am forced to use a proposed type, so I select "short" for the example, this should be MyClass& //}}AFX_DISPATCH and the l...

Map one more column map within a single XSD element.
Map one more column map within a single XSD element. I have export the xml file from the excel file format, the data has in one more column a xml element data. How can I map one more column? In my XSD (problem is "sub-item" element) <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="body"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item-group" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item...

CHM Control
Hi *.*! Does someone know a control with which i can control a CHM File? I want to recognize when someone click�s a button inside of a CHM File and then i want a IHTMLDocument2 to that HTML File, in which it happened. Is there a own *View Class for that purpose, like the CHtmlView? I�ve seen the Microsoft Help 2.0 Contents Control, but i haven�t found any Documentation about it yet :( Thanks for every help! Greetings -- Thomas ...

About a format control toolbar
As we know, when we are using Outlook Express, we can edit the letter using HTML format, and Outlook Express will give us a toolbar to do that. I wanna use this toolbar in my VC6 application, but how can i load this toolbar? Is it an ActiveX control or a DLL library or a class? Can anyone tell me how can i do that, or how can i implement that function in an easy way? Thanks. ...

Reusable listview control class.
Does anyone has code to an MFC ListView class that i may use in my code? I do not want to reinvent what other havde done better then i probably can. Bredal Jensen wrote: > Does anyone has code to an MFC ListView class that i may use in my code? > > I do not want to reinvent what other havde done better then i probably can. > > Look at CodeProject.com you should find something you need. Simon ...