CScrollView Loses Display

Using VC6 on W98SE, I have an SDI app which uses CScrollView.  My scroll
sizes are rather large (2550 by 500).  When I scroll to the right and then
back to the left, the display looks different: in particular, most of the
pixels are lost.  If I scroll by clicking in the blank area next to the
scroll bar, it seems to work better than when I drag the scroll bar.  It
seems to me that the problem may be related to the fact that the display is
updating during the drag operation, and some buffer may be getting
overwritten during the operation.  Any suggestions?

0
ghbennett (21)
7/23/2005 10:20:50 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hey George,
   To fix this problem each time the scrolling takes place, you may want to
tell the window to force a refresh, this will redraw everything on the
screen.  Be wise not to call this too excesively, as it may make your program
unrepsonive.  So give the force redraw a shot and see how it works for you.
By the way the syntax in MFC for a dialog to for a redraw is ...
SetRedraw(TRUE);
I hope this works.

Sincerely,
James Simpson
Straightway Technologies

James,

Thanks for your reply, but I think my problem was caused by operations in
OnDraw() being too complex.  While OnDraw() was executing, the system would
respond to scroll requests and may have resulted in OnDraw() overwriting
other areas in memory.  In any event, I changed my complex bitmap operations
to operate on a memory device context, and this made the problem go away.

George

0
ghbennett (21)

number display
Hello everyone, This may seem like a basic question, but I am self taught in excel and just can't figure this one out. I have a figure 4,500,000.00 and I want to display it in a report as 4.5 (4.5 million instead of showing all the zeroes) I have looked through all the formats and can't seem to find anything that will do this for me, does anyone know a way?? Thanks! Hi try the following custom format: #,,.0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cord wrote: > Hello everyone, > > This may seem like a basic question, but I am self taught in excel and > just can't ...

"#Deleted" is displayed in my cells
I have linked to a mainframe DB2 table and when I try to open the table or run a query against it, the only thing that display is "#Deleted" in every cell. I know there is data in the table as I can query using Excel and get the correct results. Using the same simple query in Access, I retrieve the correct number of rows but they all contain the same "#Deleted" message in each cell. I can also import the table from DB2 into Access and the data displays correctly, but I need to have it linked. I have links to other DB2 tables on this mainframe and the results are ...

pictures and graphics not displaying in emails
I used to always see pictures, logos, graphics, etc. in incoming emails from various companies whose newsletters or ads I subscribe to. Now there is just a box with an x in it. I have tried to change every option I thought might return things to the way they were, but with no luck. I believe this happened after I installed some updates to the Vista OS. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. Toole | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images...........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Automatic Formatting not Displaying on Shared Calendar
I'm using Outlook 2003 and have used Automatic Formatting to color code appointments. I have given permission to other users to view & edit my calendar. However, they do not see the color codes, although it does appear on mine. How can I make my automatic formatting visible to those who can see my calendar. Thanks, Tanya wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003 and have used Automatic Formatting to color code > appointments. I have given permission to other users to view & edit my > calendar. However, they do not see the color codes, although it does > appear on mine. I f...

Trying to display popup menu on rt. click
Hi. I'm trying to display a popup menu from a menu resource upon a right click in a list control. I have my handler which gets called on right click when my mouse is in the boundaries of my list ctrl with no problem. The problem is that the menu resource does not display correctly. It paints as a thin line in which I can see the seperate items and even a seperator, but it doesn't show the width of the menu. Basically I call CMenu:LoadMenu() with my menu resource that I created as a popup in the resource editor, and CMenu:TrackPopupMenu(). My code is below. Anyone know why this...

Multiplying a cell and displaying the result in the same cell #2
Thanks Frank, that does the trick. Ro -- robspo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robspot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1532 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26952 ...

Formula cells needs to display "zero"
How do i get a cell with a formula in it to display a zero until a figure is typed into a corresponding cell? All productive help is greatly appreciated. -- thank you Assuming your formula is SUM(B1:B20), try: =IF(A1="",0,SUM(B1:B20)) Regards, KL "hello" <hello@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6716AFD9-2CE5-4E56-9863-45760F652082@microsoft.com... > How do i get a cell with a formula in it to display a zero until a figure > is > typed into a corresponding cell? > All productive help is greatly appreciated. > -- > thank you ...

how to display current time in status bar?
hi all, how to display current time in the status bar. thanks&regards james Hello james, > how to display current time in the status bar. > You can use SetIndicators to create panes on status bar. You can display any text in it. These are updated with ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI mechanism by default. So if your app is idle and you want to update the time, you will need to have a timer. As usual, check out codeguru and codeproject for sample code. I am certain you will find something there. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Text Display Erros After Power Outage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange We had a power failure in the office and ever since then all my fonts in Entourage are garbled. New emails are readable until opened and then they default to the garbled fonts. Do I need to reinstall the software? ...

Display Contact Columns
My email view lets me customize the columns I display and includes fields for the Contact (such as name, company, etc). But when I add those columns, they are just blank and don't display anything even though the email has come from one of my contacts. Is there something I need to do so that incoming email is mapped to a contact and displays contact info? Thanks, Mike While you can add any field to any view, you can only see something in the field if the item type supports it. Email does not contain company and most other contact information. -- Diane Poremsky...

Spreadsheet won't display
I have an existing excel worksheet (w/numerous pages) that when opened acts as if it's open but I am unable to view the contents (grey window, not a blank/new sheet). I can go to print preview and view the active page but no other pages. I can view it as a webpage and have no trouble viewing any of my other excel files. My file isn't protected/locked/etc. I even did a save-as in a different location on the network, was able to view the file but after minimizing it, it disappeared. Also, the file (worksheet) can be viewed correctly on other computers w/o problem. Any ideas?...

Month display to show in the Inbox
Do you know of a way to diplay the month at the top right of the screen while in the Inbox? Thanks Outlook version? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. "DC" <dcspins4u@att.net> wrote in message news:084601c3c324$f1ba4020$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Do you know of a way to diplay the month at the top right | of the screen while in the Inbox? Thanks 2002 >-----Original Message----- >Outlook version? > >-- >Milly St...

Display hint in CListCtrl
I have a list control that displays several items, I want to display a detailed description when i'm hoverring above an item, currently i'm using th mouse button click for displaying that hint, Does anyone how this can be done automatically? Thanks. "Jeto" <yuval.gatenio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142512301.568848.307100@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I have a list control that displays several items, > I want to display a detailed description when i'm hoverring above an > item, > currently i'm using th mouse button click for displaying ...

How to display hours as days
using 2003. I reveived a schedule that shows duration as hours. I want to show the duration as days but I can't get the setting/options to make it happen. What do I need to do? meg99 Hello Glen, To convert duration to a measurement of your choice, choose Tools > Macros, Macro select the Format_Duration macro and click the Run button. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project "meg99" wrote in message news:f0f071b1-74ea-45...

Display Missing Data Labels as N/A on a Chart
I am displaying values as the data labels in a chart but missing values are displayed as 0's. Is there a way to display them as N/A instead? ...

Combo Box not displaying first value
I am using Access 2003 SP3 I created a Combo Box with two columns. The first column is bound to the field ID. It is a Yes/No field with a default "Yes". The second column is displayed on the form. Here are my property settings that I think may relate to my problem Name ApprovedCombo Control Source ID Row source 1;" APPROVED";0;"NOT APPROVED" Column Count 2 Column width 0";1.55" Bound Column 1 Limit to List Yes Auto Expand Yes Default Value 1 When I first open up the form, the default value shown in the ApprovedCombo box is correctly d...

Displaying forms in Outlook 2003 error
Hi, When I try to display a message containing a form (it's a fax) under Outlook, on a computer running Windows 2000 Terminal Server, it fails and tells me that outlvbs.dll isn't present. I copied it from another machine, still does it. I reinstalled... still does it. Any idea how I can get faxes to display??? Thanks, Sean PS: Email me responses, I doubt I'll check this board again ...

category axis doesn't display values
I have a very simple chart from a very simple 2 column spreadsheet. Y axis is number of checks, X axis is SUPPOSED to be dollar amount. Instead of dollar amount, I get sequential numbers (1,2,3, etc.). I did this type of chart a hundred times in Excel prior to our upgrade to Office XP; can't do it now. Help! 1. Did you make an XY chart? Line charts will not necessarily do what you expect with the X axis. 2. Are the values in the X axis range numerical? Any non-numeric values will mess up a line or an XY chart. 3. Is the chart even looking at the range with X values? Chart men...

Account Overview report does not display subaccounts
Hi all, I don't know if I am missing something here but it seems the Account Overview report does not display subaccounts, even after I modify the include/exclude drop down and refresh the report (or click on View Report). I would like to display a hierarchy of subaccounts for the selected parent account. I thought that the Account Overview report was intended to do that! Thanks, Mohamed ...

Bubble chart that displays profit/loss clusters in a full day
I´ve tried to make a bubble chart that displays profit/losses for a day trader in the forex market. But I cant get it rigt. The chart gets all wrong. What I try to is as follows: The Y axis should be the time of day when the trade was placed and the x axis should be the profit or loss (positive or negative number) Preferably a loss should display as a red bubble and a profit should display as a blue bubble, increasing in size with the size of the profit/loss. Therby I will be able to identify the time when profit or loss clusters. Here is a example of the dataset: $ ...

"unable to display the folder
for the file xxxxxxxx pst is not valid" I changed where the users save their files on the NT Server and now a users personal made folders aren't pointing to the correct place. Can someone tell me where to type the path name into so I can point these to the correct place. It's totally grayed out on the right side of the window with that error message when I have a folder chosen. Archive was simple, but there is no place for the others to be corrected on the drop down menus that I can find. One other thing is that these folders I am speaking of are imported folders and...

Cell text not displaying (Excel 2003)
I'm having a problem with Excel. Some cell text is not being displayed. However, the text does display in the formula box if you select one of the "bad" cells. The files that do this are on a network share and work fine on my other computer. I've uninstalled and re-installed Office and the problem won't go away. I also tried copying the files over to the computer in question and that didn't help, either. If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks! Chad Try this: Copy a cell that is displaying. Select the cells that are not displayin...

excel 07 not displaying all Pivot Table x-axis labels
Recently got a new PC with excel 07. Pivot table charts seem to arbitrarily blank out some x-axis values. Reducing font size does not help. Pivot table charts generated in excel03 and opened in excel07 retain their original display- where all x-axis information is displayed. What do I need to do in 07 to fix this? ...

Display bitmap on CListCtrl
I've a CListCtrl configured in "Report view" and would like to display a small bitmap one of the subitems. Is it possible? If not, what are my options? E.g. Item Country Small Picture Computer U.S. <a small bitmap from file system> Mouse C.A. <a small bitmap from file system> Would it work for you to have icons in the subitems. If so you could use the LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES flag. This artcle might help you get started (and source from the class) http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/advanced/article.php/c4179/ Tom &...

Make all dates display 01 as the day
I have a list of dates with various numbers listed as the day (03/25/2009, 04/05/2010, etc.) I need a formula to change all of the dates to display 01 as the day (03/01/2009, 04/01/2010, etc). Thanks! -- LL28 First date in A1 (03/25/2009) In B1 =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1) will display 01/05/2009 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "LovingLife28" <LovingLife28@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDFA5015-6DF0-4374-842F-C8DA14E9952F@microsoft.com... > I have a list of dates with various number...