Crecordset::addnew functionality fails #2

This problem is about recordset functionality.
Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and
can't be entered.
So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to
long can solve this problem.
Look at the link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us

But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of
RFX_Long.
And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the
fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error.
So wouid anyone please let me know:
1)How to resolve the issue?
2) How value can be entered in database without using recordset?

Thanks in advance
Harbans

0
hlgoyal (3)
5/22/2006 12:34:51 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Advance Security #2
I'm using GP 7.0 on a Citrix Server When I try to user Advance Security it's telling me that some one else is using it and no one is using Advance Security. How can I fix this problem? Also at times while using Advance Security I will get log out of GP. Do anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Try this: Great Plains/Great Plains Standard on Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE 1. Make a backup of the DYNAMICS database. 2. Execute the following script in Query Analyzer or the Support Administrator Console: Delete DYNAMICS..SY00801 "KBrown" wrote: > I'm using GP ...

Outlook Lead Import Fails
When I attempt to import leads using outlook I get a blank window. This is after I click import from the CRM menu. Fyi, import works in the Web CRM interface. Any suggestions. ...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

Deploymt Mnger SnapIn Fails to Initialize
Howdy, I am receiving the following error when trying to launch the Deployment Manager: Snap-in failed to initialize I have admin privileges on the server. The snap-in works when using the admin account, but fails when using my other account (with admin privileges). Any ideas? Thanks, Justin Are both of your accounts assigned CRM user licenses? Mike "Justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d6001c3e03b$ef6a4fc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Howdy, > > I am receiving the following error when trying to launch > the Deployment Manager: &...

Badmail folder #2
Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with outlook and they mail messages are just empty, I have even tried renaming to .eml. There are three different extension, which one should I be looking at for email incomming to a bad address, thank you You should be able to open these files in Notepad and check the email header Regards. Philip wrote: > Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email > in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with > outlook and they mail messages are just e...

2 questions regarding count formula
If I have the following data A B C 1 Personnel group type p't number 2 Melinda 1 4 3 Sean 1 5 4 Melinda 1 6 5 Sean 2 30 6 Fay 3 8 7 Melinda 1 32 1. How shall I contruct my formula to count the number of data that satisfy the following criteria: 1. personnel is Melinda 2. group type is 1 3. ...

how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record
hi I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record thanks hadi_khodaparast@yahoo.com Hello Hadi - I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a 'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very well be t...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

add functionality to RMS calendar
the calendar is a good function to have. Expanded functionality would be great. Design it as a watered down version of Outlook - set individual appointments that can be assigned to individual customers. That way you can search the calendar to see what appointments individual customers have scheduled. Being able to set up recurring schedules would be helpful, too. If it doesn't make sense to expand the calendar functionality, then create functionality to synchronize customer list in RMS with Outlook. FRB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

comparing componants of tables #2
I cannot easily compare data elements of comparative data. Here's what I mean, john smith bill jones mary Dee observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 observation 1 observation 2 weight 160 155 128 119 120 129 belt size 40 38 29 28 25 26 shoe size 12 11 8 9 8 9 But, I ha...

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...

Operation Failed! #2
Hello, Using Outlook 2002 and when attempting to Send/Receive mail I get an immediate error message saying "Operation Failed!" There's no attempt by the program, no timing out - the error msg. pops up immediately. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail account to no avail. I'm stumped! Please help... Thanks in advance! -Lee Create a completely new profile to see if that solves the issue and also suggest running a Detect and Repair on the program. If neither issues work create a new .ost file by doing a search and renaming it to .ost1 or something to ...

Windows 7 fails configuring updates
Windows 7 fails configuring updates OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal RaZ123121 wrote: > Windows 7 fails configuring updates > OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit > Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal All updates or a specific one ? When did this issue start to occur ? Click the Start orb > type the following in the Search field windowsupdate.log Under Programs, click on windowsupdate.log Scroll all the way to the bottom of the log for the most recent entries. Copy and paste at least the last 50 or so lines of the log into your repl...

Outlook 2003 very slow #2
Several people in my office including myself have upgraded to Office 2003 over the last several weeks. Many of us have begun experiencing performance problems. For example, I will click on another message in order to view it in the task pane, and then Outlook will sit there for ages before it gets displayed. The larger the message (including attachments), the worse the problem. However, even a message that is small with only a 100KB attachment seems to take 20-30 seconds to respond... this was never the case before. Also deleting a message takes ages. I checked the Exchange 2000 SP3 server th...

CRM4 CU8 Delete Failed Bulk Email notice in System Job list
Standard CRM 4 install. I have been cleaning the Systems Jobs list and discovered that there are a lot of entries for Failed Bulk Email send. I cannot remove the entries it throws an error and suggests I ask Microsoft. I can remove the successful Bulk sends. Any hints on how to clear out the failed Email bulk send reports? Robert ...

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Business Portal 2.5 #3
Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is not compatible with this version of the Business Portal. You must select a different database before continuing Hi What version of Great Plains are you using? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com "thebigo9" <thebigo9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:491CA957-2C6C-4440-BFD6-CACE94C06584@microsoft.com... > Receive error: The Business Portal data in the database you selected is > not > compatible with this version of the Business Portal. Yo...

Creating users with ADC / Exchange 5.5 #2
I installed the ADC on my DC and created all connection agreements. Now I can go into ADUC and create new users, but I don't see a mailbox being created for a user. Should that happen? If so, how long should it take? I tried sending an email to the user I created and the mailbox isn't found. Also, there are no Exchange tabs for the users name. ...

Aggregate Functions
Hi I'm looking for the best way to implement a Last and First function on group queries: This is an example table mytable p_id dattime xval --------------------------------------------------- 22 2010-04-12 00:00:00 20 22 2010-04-12 01:00:00 30 22 2010-04-12 03:00:00 15 22 2010-04-12 07:00:00 25 22 2010-04-12 23:00:00 22 With this query I get sum, maximum and minimum values in the period: select p_id, max(xval) as max_value, min(xval) as min_value, sum(xval) as tot_value from mytable where p_id = 22 and date...

'Average' Function on 1500 lines
I'm creating a price list and need to have an average price list out of 6 prices on the end end of each line for about 1500 lines. Individually doing this would take a long time, any tips? -- Logan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Logan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23729 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374027 Assuming Columns A through F contain your prices, try... G1, copied down: =AVERAGE(A1:F1) Hope this helps! -- Domenic ----------------------------...

Archive file size #2
Yesterday, I decided to split my archive file that is around 1.2gb size. So I created a new archive file (old archive.pst), and archived archive.pst to that. It all seemed to work, but the size of the original file is to all intents and purposes the same! How can that be? I thought archiving MOVED the files rather than copying them. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to reduce the size of my original archive file? Many thanks rdc You need to compact the PST file after removing items out of it. This is done by right clicking on the top folder ("personal folders&q...

Purchase Order Approvals #2
If you access an Approved Purchase Order and change ANYTHING in the window, such as the Comments, the status of the Purchase Order switches back to Unapproved. Only changes affecting the document Total should switch the status back to Unapproved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

Excel spread sheet #2
Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual cell as a page.......how do I change this setting? Moving each page break takes too long abd does not alway work. Hi try this macro to remove them all at once: Sub remove_them() ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dlam25mmm" <dlam25mmm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:94BDFE5F-6CB2-4717-BE90-14A4245E0023@microsoft.com... > Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual > cell as a page.......how d...

Adding Lines Onto Charts #2
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph laid out. It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis. Does anyone have any other idea's please? Thanks in advance Darrell... -- q582gmzh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26950 Hi, You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers. Using you example workbook put t...

1 drive with 2 device IDs causing corruption
I have a drive which has been Z: for eons and has recently had G: assigned as well. I reformatted the drive, added as Z: again and still G: is defined. I'm getting corruption on indices (even though indexing is turned off for the drive as Z:). Ping ponging between chkdsk /f for the two IDs settles down to no errors but then a reboot and it's back... XP Pro, SP3, what else would help the experts? Did you remove G and Z and then reset as Z again.? Neil "Le" <Le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF3628FC-88EF-4C13-9629-72CF7A0E2E42@micro...