Creating PDF files in MFC

Hi,
I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do
it?
Thanks in advance.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check out the following

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

"Shahoo" wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do
> it?
> Thanks in advance.

0
John1063 (943)
3/30/2007 4:46:02 PM
Here's another to try out:

"Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do
> it?
> Thanks in advance.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/30/2007 6:13:22 PM
Oops... link didn't work:

http://www.componentsource.com/products/pdfxpress-professional/index.html

Tom

"Shahoo" <shahookamangar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do
> it?
> Thanks in advance.

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/30/2007 6:13:39 PM
On Mar 30, 11:33 am, "Shahoo" <shahookaman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to create PDF files in MFC. Does anyone know how should I do
> it?
> Thanks in advance.

MFC has no functionality which will do this. You will need to look at
3rd parties to do this. I think there is a open source project for
this but I am not aware of how it exposes its object model. Do a
google on it.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Converting XLS file to QIF or to OFX
How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? "dreamchaser" wrote: > How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? In Excel, save the file to CSV and ustilise iCreateOFX Basic from: http://icreateofx.co.uk/Convert-CSV-to-OFX to convert the saved CSV file to OFX. ...

Printing as PDF
I have a portion of a sheet that I want to print/save as a pdf to a folder on my hard drive. The folders location is C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\Invoices. I also want the file name to be the value found in cell j19 on the "PO Form" worksheet. Any help? Hi Download and install Cute PDF-Writer (http://www.cutepdf.com/) It installs as a printer. Now, you can write any documents (Excel, Word, various pictures, web pages, etc. to PDF format. Simply open the document, select Print from menu, select CutePDF Printer, and when you click on Print button, a file save dia...

Cannot set menu in MFC ActiveX control
I am dynamically creating a CMenu object and trying to assign it to my ActiveX control. Windows balks and gives me a 1436 error, something to effect that a child window cannot have a menu. It is not a child window, it is the instance of COleControl, the top level window. (I verified this by inspecting m_parentHwnd.) I am trying to assign the menu within the OnCreate event at which time the control has a valid handle, and have tried it before and after the call to the parent OnCreate. Does anyone know the magic words to make this work? Thanks On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:22:02 -0500, Duane A. C...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected
I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any suggestions? ...

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Outlook 2002 multiple file opening
In Outlook 2000, CTRL A would select all attached picture files, then Open would, in my case, open the files in Paintshop Pro. With the 2002 version I cannot find a way to do this. Any suggestions? ...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

Create incident on website : localhost ok
Hello everybody, I'am using /service/serviceportal.aspx when i open a new case in http://localhost:1917/service/serviceportal.aspx it creates the "incident" normally but when i open a new case in http://danubecrm:1917/service/serviceportal.aspx -> Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation. Platform System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.W...

Creating a Check Box
I would like to learn how to create a check box. Is there a way to do that? The simplest checkbox (I think) is from the Forms toolbar. So View|tool bars and show that Forms toolbar. Click on the checkbox and then click on the topleft corner where it should be placed. Then draw to the opposite lowerright corner. When you've placed it correctly, right click on it and select "Format Control" On the Control Tab, you can assign a cell link that you can use to determine if the checkbox is checked or not. =if(A1=True,"It's checked","It's not checked") ...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

Create Login with T-SQL
Hello, I am creating, using T-SQL, a database with its file groups, tables, constraints, etc. Can I also create, using T-SQL, a Login with Username and Password to access that database? Usually, I go to Security > Logins of SSMS to manually create the login. However, if I could do the same using T-SQL I would have it all made automatically. Thanks, Miguel EVERYTHING that the GUI does winds up as tsql executions on the server. :-) Most of them you can generate a script for using the Script menu in the upper left of the current dialog window. This is a great way to ...

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint
I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoin presentation. I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Exce and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn' quite that easy. Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to she some light on and give me some direction. 1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart? - When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a goo looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy th chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but...

Problem with 07 Office Pdf/Xps Add-in
Hello Despite having installed the 2007 Office SaveAs Pdf/Xps add-in, I have seen Mary Sauer's posting on this somewhere asking if it in the Add-in of the Office programmes. I do not see it any of the programmes even though I have reinstalled twice with genuine validation. Anything else I can do? Thks. Menk It's like a printer...you print to it. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Menikos" <menikos88@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u2EEuVswIHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello > > Despite having installed the 200...

Create Calendar mtg invite template to avoid retyp'g conf no's?
I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new invite. How do I do this? In what version of OUtlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "GM" wrote: > I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my > conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new > invite. How do I do this?...

Excel Template Wizard, Very Large File Size
Background: Excel 2000. I created a spreadsheet and used the template wizard that links to an Access 2000 database. The template was later used to create one record and saved as a spreadsheet. The database also contains this one record. Spreadsheet and database work fine. Later I reduced the Access field size properties (none are larger than 150, most are less than 50). There are 35 fields. Unexpected result: The Excel spreadsheet (template) and the linked Access database are huge. The spreadsheet is 35MB and the associated Access 2000 database is 24MB. Each contains one record (a si...

How do I create a chart in Excel using data from two worksheets
I am trying to create a chart using data from two separate worksheets but it will only allow me to use the information from one. Here is one way: I made a chart from data in A10:B20 on sheet1 (A was the x-category data) I copied some cells from Sheet2, right clicked in chart area of chart and used Paste After the copy, I could have left clicked the chart and used Edit | Paste Special to specify more about the data I want to paste. Try it and come back with more questions. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "cdptuesdays" <...

Date & Time file was last saved
Is there away to display in a cell the date & time the file was last saved? I know you can do this in word but is it possible in Excel 2002? Here is an UDF Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function Now you can use the following formula in one of your cells: =DocProps("Last save time") Obviously, the file has to have been saved. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to ...

Ho to dynamically create links to other worksheets?
Hi! I want to access data from another Excel-File. The name of according file is the concatenation of "data" and the (text-) value in Column A. This works... A B -- ----------------------------------------------------------- 01 =index('[file01]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file01]data'!$B$B)) 02 =index('[file02]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file02]data'!$B$B)) 03 =index('[file03]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file03]data'!$B$B)) 04 =index('[file04]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file04]data'!$B$B)) .... but I would like to replace the t...

not really a MFC question
Hi, maybe not the best thread to post but here is my question : I am trying to compile a light version of STL called ustl on win32 but I get the following errors : 1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\ustl\cmemlink.h(61) : error C2535: 'void ustl::cmemlink::link(const void *,ustl::cmemlink::size_type)' : member function already defined or declared 1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\ustl\cmemlink.h(60) : see declaration of 'ustl::cmemlink::link' When i look at source code I find : void link (const void* p, siz...

Tool to Create High-Color Icons
Can anyone recommend a good tool for creating high-color icons for my projects. I have Corel Photo-Paint. It's pretty powerful but I can't do very good shading by hand. Aren't there some tools out there that will render 3D shading? Thanks for any suggestions. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com I would recommend XaraX (www.xara.com). You can produce nice shaded stuff like on the page: http://www.terra-informatica.org/htmlayout/ You should save (export) you images as PNGs (with or without alpha channel) and use 2DIB.exe (http://www.terra-in...

hyperlink to a pdf document
I am trying to create a hyperlink from a graphic on my website to a pdf file on my desktop. I know how to create a link to a URL, but I don't know what to type to create a link to a pdf file that is saved on my desktop. My website was created using Publisher 2003. To see exactly what I'm talking about, go to the HELPFUL INFO page of my website, then click on the ONLINE BROCHURE icon website: http://home.comcast.net/sxmlady -- Thank you First your url should read, http://home.comcast.net/~sxmlady (note tilde added) No where could I find where it said "On...

OL2000
When opening an attachment in OL2000, the program creates a file in a temporary directory on my hard drive under C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6A2\. This directory is filling up and I would like to clear it. Unfortunately in XP SP2, this directly is not visible in when exploring files in my computer. I believe that I have all "show hidden files and folders" settings checked. Also, the file explorer shows (sometimes) that there is a sub directory under "temporary internet files," but it does not show up when I look further....

publisher pdf
How do I save or convert a publisher file to pdf With third party software. You can use Acrobat (not the Reader) or various other low cost or free programs. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "s.brown" <s_Brown@comcast.net> wrote in message news:NxF3e.500$Q26.383@trnddc05... > How do I save or convert a publisher file to pdf > JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter: > With third party software. You can use Acrobat (not the Reader) or > various other low cost or free programs. ....such as PrimoPD...