creating a visual studio project template

I have a barebones dialog application that has all the workings to connect
and communicate to my backend app I have created.  I want to use this as a
basis to start all frontend/client app, however it is a pain to copy the
whole solution and manually replace the old template project name to the new
project name.

I tried looking online on creating templates, however nothing has been
working.  the file->export to template... menu item is greyed out and I did
come across one poster who said you are SOL trying to create a C++ template,
is this true?

0
nick.schultz (104)
8/7/2008 8:24:47 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nick Schultz wrote:
> I have a barebones dialog application that has all the workings to connect
> and communicate to my backend app I have created.  I want to use this as a
> basis to start all frontend/client app, however it is a pain to copy the
> whole solution and manually replace the old template project name to the new
> project name.
>
> I tried looking online on creating templates, however nothing has been
> working.  the file->export to template... menu item is greyed out and I did
> come across one poster who said you are SOL trying to create a C++ template,
> is this true?

I've created several C++ project wizards, if that's what you're
referring to.

Works fine.
0
nothanks5518 (121)
8/7/2008 8:35:56 PM
I'm not sure... right now I just copy the entire project folder and then
replace all old project name references to the new projectname... very
tedious... I just want to speed up that process

Nick
"BobF" <nothanks@spamfree.world> wrote in message
> Nick Schultz wrote:
>> I have a barebones dialog application that has all the workings to
>> connect and communicate to my backend app I have created.  I want to use
>> this as a basis to start all frontend/client app, however it is a pain to
>> copy the whole solution and manually replace the old template project
>> name to the new project name.
>>
>> I tried looking online on creating templates, however nothing has been
>> working.  the file->export to template... menu item is greyed out and I
>> did come across one poster who said you are SOL trying to create a C++
>> template, is this true?
>>

> I've created several C++ project wizards, if that's what you're referring
> to.
>
> Works fine.

0
nick.schultz (104)
8/7/2008 8:43:00 PM
Nick -

This is really OT for the MFC ng.  If you want to discuss off list, PM
me at rfreeze centurytel net ((don't forget the @ and .))

Nick Schultz wrote:
> I'm not sure... right now I just copy the entire project folder and then
> replace all old project name references to the new projectname... very
> tedious... I just want to speed up that process
>
> Nick
> "BobF" <nothanks@spamfree.world> wrote in message
>> Nick Schultz wrote:
>>> I have a barebones dialog application that has all the workings to
>>> connect and communicate to my backend app I have created.  I want to use
>>> this as a basis to start all frontend/client app, however it is a pain to
>>> copy the whole solution and manually replace the old template project
>>> name to the new project name.
>>>
>>> I tried looking online on creating templates, however nothing has been
>>> working.  the file->export to template... menu item is greyed out and I
>>> did come across one poster who said you are SOL trying to create a C++
>>> template, is this true?
>>>

>> I've created several C++ project wizards, if that's what you're referring
>> to.
>>
>> Works fine.

0
nothanks5518 (121)

How do I create a bell curve? I have my z, p, std. dev., mean,etc
I am trying to take my std dev, mean, z, p, Confidence level, etc...plot and shade areas using excel. Brian - See the ShadedNormalDensityCurve workbook at http://www.mikemiddleton.com/ShadedNormalDensity.xls - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B310F6CD-8380-49CB-AE58-4C7147FFB279@microsoft.com... >I am trying to take my std dev, mean, z, p, Confidence level, etc...plot >and > shade areas using excel. ...

Sales Commission templates
Greetings All, My company has recently developed a series of sales commission templates available for free download. Find them at http://www.oneclickcommissions.com/ao.html Let me know if you have any specific needs that I can help address. Good day. Jacob On Mar 24, 12:57=A0pm, Jacob L <jac...@nirvaha.com> wrote: > Greetings All, > > My company has recently developed a series of sales commission > templates available for free download. =A0Find them athttp://www.oneclick= commissions.com/ao.html > > Let me know if you have any specific needs that I can help addres...

Using OLE DB in MFC Project
Hi, I have developed an MFC application. I now want to add database functionality to it. I have had a look at the various database technologies and have decided to try using direct OLE DB rather than ADO as it is faster. However I have noticed that in tutorials it is recommended to use the wizards in an ATL project. As i have said before my application has been written in MFC. I was wondering how easy it is to add direct OLE DB to my MFC application. I would appreciate suggesstions on how i can manage this, Thanks In Advance Macca ...

Help creating a script in SQL or Calculated field in Crystal
How do I take this script and manipulate it to give me one long string with static text as well as SQL data in specific positions within the string. Example result: Positions / Data: 1-3 / 173 (Static text) 4-6 / spaces 7-10 / "X_UPR30300"."YEAR1", (has to show up as 2007. Showing up as 2,007) 11 / 4 (Static text) 12-22 / "UPR00100"."SOCSCNUM" 23-57 / "UPR00100"."LASTNAME" 58-92 / "UPR00100"."FRSTNAME" 93 / "UPR00100"."MIDLNAME" 94-120 / "UPR00102"."ADDRESS1" 121-148 / &q...

Help Creating A Formula #2
I need to make a formula for alook up. The first spreadsheet i inventory, the second one is pg 103 strapping. I want to enter the fee and inches for pg 103 on the inventory and have it look up the feet an inches on strapping chart and enter the appropriate gallons in column Attachment filename: p & g 101 strapping.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=50210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Password Protect Project Files
Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I know this functionality is possible in other MS Office applications, but I cannot find that option in Project Pro '07. Does anyone know if it is included in Project 2010? Check File > Save As > Tools > General Options This won't work if you save to the server, but only for local .mpp files. I presume it's the same in 2010. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I > know this ...

Looking for Easiest Way to Create Report
We need to create a report from our accounting program which contains about 200 .db files. I have determined that the required information is contained in only 3 of those files. Out of those 3 files I need about 30 fields of data. The end result is that those 30 fields of data have to be placed into an existing excel spreadsheet in specific columns which has 97 total columns. For example one db file contains data which has to be placed into column c of the excel spreadsheet. another db file has data which has to be placed into column z of that same spreadsheet and so on Th...

Creating a Browse for Folder
I have seen programs where there is an edit field for defining the location of a file and then to the right of the field is a button with 3 periods on it which when clicked brings up a browse for folder file box where the user can choose a directory and file and then it is populated in the edit field. Is there a custom control to use for this or do I have to develop this myself? Take a look at SHBrowseForFolder and CFileDialog. You probably want CFileDialog. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Olf0wrmk...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like: Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that&...

Allow html and images in e-mail templates
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7833001c-d399-42a3-a109-583a5ef9167d&dg=microsoft.public.crm Richer e-mail template tools (and ones that are easier for...

Does anyone receive the the Studio 2005 via MSDN subscription?
I know the Studio.NET 2005 has been released for some time. I have MSDN subscription. But I do not receive the new update yet. Does anyone receive the the Studio 2005 via MSDN subscription? I am also waiting and I havent received it either. Did you try downloading it? I am guessing its available there. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132673000.292159.325120@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I know the Studio.NET 2005 has been released for some time. I have MSDN > subscription. But I do not receive the new...

Creating Formula with Embedded Variable ID
I need to create a single formula for my workbook that references cells from various tabs (over 20) in another workbook. I want to copy this formula into multiple tabs within my workbook. My workbook and the external workbook have the same number of and identically named tabs. I want to embed a variable into the formula that will take on the name of the tab that the formula is copied to. I imagine the formula would look something like this: ='K:\Sales Reports\[Ohio Team, Mar-21-2004.xls]variable_identifying_the_tab_goes_here'!D1 I know I can use the following formula to derive th...

Creating Purchase order worksheets in HQ through rules
I would like put some code in a web service in order to create a purchase order work sheet. Could I access to work sheets logic using qsrules to construct a worksheet? I looking for a method like QSRULES.CreatePOWorkSheet Thank you Oscar ...

Creating a e-mail contact list which has "undisclosed recipients"
Can anyone help me with a contact list for my e-mail which does not disclose all recipients names. I would like to send an e-mail regarding company information to several people which answers questions, but I don't want everyone to know who I am addressing it to. You need enter the names under the Bcc option when you address the email. That way, each recipient will only see their own name, but the email will go to everyone. Actually, the recipients won't see their own name in the To field. They will only see what the sender puts there, if anything (some ISPs require that you...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Creating navigation buttons on a worksheet
Hi I'm trying to link togethor different pages on excel so i can navigate to them from each page. Also does anyone know how to create a drop down menu in excel? Many Thanks in advance Ryan Maybe by using a hyperlink: Insert|hyperlink or using the =hyperlink() worksheet function: David McRitchie posted this and it might help you: =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) ryan_...

Creating opportunity using CRM api
Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an opportunity using C#. I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains. What I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just the necessary information so I can build on it from there. I appreciate any help! Hi Jeffa When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples let me know if you get s...

E-Mail Templates in Outlook 2003
Hi All, Is there a way that we can personalise email templates in Outlook 2003? For example, in the e-mail template we want to have "Dear person'sname" rather than addressing everyone in the same way "Dear pariticpant". If there isnt a way, could anyone recommend how they are working around this issue? this is a really important feature that we require. Will outlook 2007 support personalised email templates? thankyou, Maria K. you need to use mail merge. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

Template driver code for a new USB Touchscreen XP driver
We want to develop a new Touchscreen driver having a USB interface for Windows XP. Which driver template will be the most suitable to start the development ? make your device a HID and then you not have to write a driver at all. d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "sanju_emb" <sanju_emb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8AAAA05-B6EA-44A7-B9E8-20E5F0A5860C@microsoft.com... > We want to develop a new Touchscreen driver having a USB interface for > Windows XP. Which driver te...

How do I create an A3 size document using Windows 7
A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7 (unlike previous versions of Windows). How do I create such a document using Windows 7? Does your printer support A3? Word/Windows will display the paper sizes supported by the default (or currently active) printer. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "A3 documents in Windows 7" <A3 documents in Windows 7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2647F06-5560-41A6-9C2F-462E6198C989@microsoft.com... > A3 is ...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

creating a multilevel numbering sysem
I'm trying to create a multileve numbering system ex: 100, 100.1, 100.1.1, 100.2, 200, 200.1, 2001.1, 200.2, and so on. I would like to have at least 3-4 tiers under each number that would automatically number. And you want this in Publisher? I don't think so... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "v" <v@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1F59342-9F2F-4E91-BE27-0BA992EB17BE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create a multileve numbering system > ex: 100, 100.1, 100.1.1, ...

User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad
After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who tried on working on my customized Dynamics VBA project. Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'. Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Thanks for help. Kevin Kevin, You might need to re look at your connection in VBA -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who > tried on working on my customized Dynamic...