Creating a cursor on the fly

Hi,

I would like to create a cursor on the fly, it is only going to be a white
square but because it will be different sizes it would be better to create
it on the fly.

Anybody have any idea on how i can create a cursor on the fly like that?

Thanks.

Sims

0
siminfrance (103)
10/28/2003 7:58:27 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Cursors are actually a BMP sprite, I have tried once saving a BMP file
as .cur and it worked!
Create a BMP on the fly and set it as a cursor, try it!

- Vicky Vigia

"Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#J5AQlSnDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to create a cursor on the fly, it is only going to be a white
> square but because it will be different sizes it would be better to create
> it on the fly.
>
> Anybody have any idea on how i can create a cursor on the fly like that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sims

Mail boxes not being created when setting up someone on active dir
Hello, Don't have to much of a great knowledge of ad only starting a few months ago on a network. When setting up a new user on active directory it goes fine. I select create mail box for the new users and fill in the alias etc.. When logging on as them and trying to get in their inbox it says it does not match a name in the address list. So then i went on exchange and looked at the mail box's and it is also not in their. We have just let ad creat the users mailbox in the past but all of a sudden it isnt. Can someone help me please who has had this problem before or know...

how can I create a dummy variable in Excel?
I am running regressions in MS Excel, how can I create a dummy variable for any non-quantitive variables? Your question is far to vague. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Statistically Lost" wrote: > I am running regressions in MS Excel, how can I create a dummy variable for > any non-quantitive variables? ...

SOP POP link
I am writting an interface between an in house CRM package and GP. I need to link existing SOP and POP documents. I know I need to create a row in SOP60100, but what other tables are affected when a SOP - POP link is created? I think you got the table right but there is all kinds of varification that goes behind the scene before GP allows you to link the PO. Make sure you run some sort of validation process before inserting into the table. I am not sure what goes behind the scene but probably DexSQL log or running a SQL Trace would give you a good idea. Good luck. ...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

Random Cursor Movement
I have a remote user who swears that, while creating an email, the cursor will jump up one or more lines. He says that this has happened several times and that it then goes away as quickly as it occurs. Has anyone seen this happen and, if so, what causes it and how can it be corrected? Is he using a laptop with a touchpad? I've seen that happen when the user brushed the touchpad with his palm while typing. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions...

How i can add description tail to cursor when it goes on to a spe.
How i can add a description tail to a cell when i move cursor to that specific cell. For example if i move cursor to cell A2, it should give a description tail "add value from code 1202" thanks Bukhtiar I think you want something similar to the ScreenTip you get when you highlight a button on the toolbar. Excel only offers ScreenTips for hyperlinks only. You will have to make the cell into a hyperlink and then click on ScreenTip in the top-right corner. This works with formulas. It might be better to use a comment. Right click a cell and click "insert comment"....

mailbox created user can send but not receive
Hello, I have Exchange 5.5 on 2 servers. I created a new mailbox on one of them. My problem is that this new user can send emails but cannot receive any. When trying to send an email to him, the message "The recipient mail is not recognized" is sent back to the sender. Also, the recipient doesn't appear in the global address list. If anyone could help me find the beginning of a reason about this it would be great. "Nicolas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have Exchange 5.5 on 2 servers. >I created a new mailbox on on...

My cursor keeps moving around in a document while I'm typing
When I'm typing in a document, whether it is word, excel or email, etc... my cursor will jump to another part of the document and may begin typing over text or at the end of the document. Very frustrating. Any answers would be appreciated. LN wrote: > When I'm typing in a document, whether it is word, excel or email, etc... my > cursor will jump to another part of the document and may begin typing over > text or at the end of the document. Very frustrating. Any answers would be > appreciated. not a Word problem, then. Using a notebook and inadvert...

Help please ! Creating new account problem
Good Day... When in active dir I go to create a new user exchange doesn't create the mailbox. I go into the user profile in AD but there is no x400 or smtp address. I'm not sure why this stopped working. Any help would be appreciated Are you running Active Directory Users & Computers from a machine where Exhange System Manager has been installed? If ESM has been installed on the machine (and you've tried ADUC on another machine that as ESM), then you might want to try troubleshooting using the following article: 297801 Troubleshooting Check Name Errors http://suppo...

Cannot select server type when creating a new profile
Hi, When I try to create a new profile under Outlook XP (SP2) and add an e-mailaccount, I cannot select the server type. All radio buttons are disabled, so is the Next button. How should I fix this? Note that I access the profile configuration under the Control Panel on Windows 2000 and that I do not have Outlook opened. Thanks, Sven ...

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

How to create Public Calendar and synchronize it to user's calendars?
Ok from reading on here I understand there is no way to sync public calendar to user's calendar. So what is a work around? We need 1 person to be able to update 1 public calendar and propagate these changes to multiple users. How is it accomplished in a automatic, user-friendly way? (exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003 environment) > So what is a work around? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm#exssync --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart fo...

Some exchange user accounts not created properly- no x400 address created
Hi, I'm having some weird and wonderful issues creating user accounts that are exchange enabled. Often there is no SMTP or X400 address created by default. I've created X400 entries manually with mixed results. Running 3 off Win2003 servers. I have 2 gc DCs and the Exchange 2003SP1 box is a non GC DC. I'm trying to create the users on the Exchange2003 box. There's no errors in the event log that relate to AD,DNS,Exchange,Replication or similar that I can see.. Any ideas anyone? I've come up with nothing after trying to diagnose this after a couple of weeks. This probl...

how do i create an automaticly generating number for a document?
I am wanting to create document with automatic document numbers, eg. invoice numbers, that will automatlicly increase with each document i create. Is this possible in excel or word? If so, can someone please explain how? You can do this with a macro in Word as described in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm . Brad wrote: > I am wanting to create document with automatic document numbers, eg. invoice > numbers, that will automatlicly increase with each document i create. Is this > possible in excel or word? If so, can someone please explain how? Take a look at ...

Inserting the Date the File was Created
I am creating a template (several templates actually). In each of these templates it would be helpful ot insert the date that the .xls file is created from the template rather than having to remember to change/type the correct date into the cell. (I am all about automating.) Anyone know a solution to this one. Thanks Hi not possible without using VBA. One way: insert the following code in one of your modules: Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_valu...

Creating and using a template
I want to send the same email to a couple of companies with a theme (artsy). I created the email I wanted, saved it as an outlook template but have been been unable to reload it to make minor changes and send to another company. I have been using outlook for some time but not templates. Any help appreciated. Thanks -- David ...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...

Create Clustered Index on View Problem
Hi, I've got a annoying problem that our DBA can't help with. We are dropping and recreating indexes on tables/views in our overnight batch to allow quick insert of data. This works normally well, however on a couple of occasions creating the clusterd index on the view takes hours instead of minutes. We are running on new SQL Server 2008 kit so hardware should not be a problem. This has stopped our project totally so any help gratefully received! I've attached the View and Index code below. Tables used are 1. Delta table - 7.5m rows 2. Delta_TradeDetails]- 75000 rows...

How do you create resources.
I want to create resources in Exchange 2003 so I can check out conference rooms, cars, etc. Anyone have a link on how to do this? Thanks for the help!!! http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.html Basically the same for 2003... There are probably specific questions you might have after that? William "N8" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19fa101c44da5$831e2530$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I want to create resources in Exchange 2003 so I can > check out conference rooms, cars, etc. Anyone have a > link on how to do this? > > Thanks ...

Creating summary table
I'm a pretty experienced user and this may be a simple task, but I don't know exactly how to start. I have a worksheet where columns represent different countries and rows different years, and if the country managed to balance its balance its budget in a given year the worksheet shows a value of 1 and if not, a value of zero. (The definition of balanced budget is more complex, but doesn't matter here.) What I'd like to do is create a summary table that would have two columns, listing the country and the year in which its budget was balanced, but omitting any countrie...

User Data to Create a Custom Query
Hi all- I am fairly new to access and am currently working on a project that pulls live data from excel every minute or so and stores it into an access table. There is data for about 26 columns (call them A-Z) and each minute a new line is added to the access table containing the latest data. I am having no problem pulling in the data (using timerinterval, starting and stopping, etc). Now, I have a form which I want to give users the option of selecting certain columns of data to view in a chart. So essentially, I want the user to have a dropdown box with each of the column headers as opt...

Prevent Users from Creating Top Level public folders
Is there a way that i can prevent the users from creating top level public folders in ex 2003 sp1? We want to control the creation of public folders. I tried changing the security properties for public folders in the exchg system manager, but it would not let me. Regards, Garrett Felix "Garrett Felix" <gfelix@medifit.com> wrote in news:#Klb4N7gEHA.396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Is there a way that i can prevent the users from creating top level > public folders in ex 2003 sp1? We want to control the creation of > public folders. I tried changing the security prop...

How do i create a Web form to collect demographic data?

How do I override the drag cursor?
I have an ActiveX control (COleControl) and I want to have a custom cursor appear during drag operations. I've tried setting the cursor in DragEnter and DragOver but I still get the standard "copy pointer" cursor. The following has no effect: SetCursor(LoadCursor(NULL,MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDC_POINTER_CUSTOM_DRAG))); Can or how do I override the standard system drag cursor? TIA, Mike Fidler "TheFid" <mikethefid@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:b5cafe35-c92a-4fd5-9e00-3fe27b3fb3f0@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I have an ActiveX control (COleControl) and ...

Creating applications
Hi I use Excel to gather information from employees in an office. This is done with a userform that writes into an Access database. I want to create a second instance of Excel to gather another set of data too but Excel will obly open one instance of itself. Can anyone tell me what code I need to add in order to make my userforms into applications in their own right? Thanks Stuart Duncan ...