Creating a Browse for Folder

I have seen programs where there is an edit field for defining the location
of a file and then to the right of the field is a button with 3 periods on
it which when clicked brings up a browse for folder file box where the user
can choose a directory and file and then it is populated in the edit field.
Is there a custom control to use for this or do I have to develop this
myself?

0
w_gower (280)
10/14/2003 3:50:41 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Take a look at SHBrowseForFolder and CFileDialog. You probably want CFileDialog.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I have seen programs where there is an edit field for defining the location
| of a file and then to the right of the field is a button with 3 periods on
| it which when clicked brings up a browse for folder file box where the user
| can choose a directory and file and then it is populated in the edit field.
| Is there a custom control to use for this or do I have to develop this
| myself?

0
ajaykalra (6842)

why does Excel 2003 flip picture objects in a document created in.
We have many Excel documents that were created in earlier versions of Excel. When we open them up in Excel 2003 the images that are inserted previously in the document apear mirrored. When we go back and open them up on a different computer that is running the older versions of Excel they images apear as they should. But maybe this will help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822228 OFFXP: The "Pictures in Earlier Office Documents Appear Flipped" White Paper Is Available and this might, too: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US...

Follow-up reminder in folder other than Inbox
Hi there, Does anyone know of any way to get follow-up reminders on emails that are not in the Inbox (ie. in any other folder) ?? The build in Outlook reminder service for some odd reason only monitors that the Inbox folder. I am wondering if there is any way around that... through a macro... a script of some kind... through a free plugin... Any ideas? Thanks a lot, Jonathan Don't know of anything free, but give one of the Reminder programs a peek at http://www.slovaktech.com. "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:O3e7k...

Retrieving Vista mail folders when restoring from Back up
Having had to do a complete restore I find that only a few of my email folders have returned; there appears to be a largish quantity in MSMESSAGESTORE file (3042KB)- can they be recovered from there? Also my ITunes files have completely disappeared. Any suggestions please? Thanks/ Charlie No. That file is a database that contains metadata for the messages, but not the messages themselves. Search for *.eml files. In the same directory where you found WindowsMail.MSMessageStore, did you not also see a folder named Local Folders? Open it. Also, verify that Windows Mail h...

Assign e-mail address to public folder?
Hello, Is it possible to assign an e-mail address to a public folder? For example, have the address department@company.com routed to a public folder called "Department" so that any e-mail sent to that address from the internet would end up in that folder. Thank you, ~Jaye I may be wrong but I believe by default all public folders are mail enabled upon creation. Check the properties on the folder in question. Go to the E-Mail Addresses tab and check to see if they have a SMTP address and a SMTP.local address. "Jaye" <unknown@unknown.com> wrote in message...

Re-installed WLM and can't find email folder
I had the BOD and tried everything to no avail so reinstalled xp home premium. I didn't lose any data but had to reinstall all my programs. The only one I am having difficulies with is WLM. It can't find my old folder to import. I unhid my files and searched to no avail. What parameters should I use for the search to find the folder. I went into WLM and saw where it normally would save to but nothing is there. Because of the BOD I didn't get to prepare for this as I did when I did a win7 computer (successful). Any suggestions would be helpful. John D...

Need to Reset a Site Folder in Exchange 2003 Server... GUIDGEN.EXE Q
I need to reset a site folder using GUIDGEN.EXE because of an offline address book problem that I've been having, when people sync in Outlook: 10:07:25 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 10:07:25 0X8004010F Anyhow, I'm following the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q822444 And I'm a little worried about "When you create a new site folder, the data that was previously contained in the original site folder is lost." Will this blow away my public folders, and I'll lose the data? Does anyone have any experience they...

Want to create sliders to change cell values in EXCEL for PC
As a math teacher, being able to view chart/graph changes as equation parameters change is an extremely valuable tool. An article in the NCTM Mathematics journal describes this capability using "Scroll Bar type Sliders" in EXCEL 2004, which is evidently for MAC's. I have a PC with EXCEL 2003. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Loop through recordset and create excel spreadsheets
Hi all I have a list of customers in a query called "qry RBUs". I have a continuous form which filters on an option group for different activities (Audits and VVs). I want to create individual spreadsheets for EACH RBU for EACH Activity. So far I have started with the code below, firstly is it best to do it this way? Or use recordsetclone? Secondly, what is the best way to filter the recordset per RBU (only if any data exists for that RBU) and create an excel spreadsheet from this, named by Activity & RBU. Thirdly, is it possible to apply conditional format...

I'm creating a booklet. After creating page one how do you get t.
I'm creating a booklet. After typing page one how do I get to page two??? I can't find a button or anything that tells me how to proceed. Insert | New page Or look at the status bar and click on the next page. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MOB" <MOB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F976CC8B-B903-4133-9A0E-E6AE5270F65F@microsoft.com... > I'm creating a booklet. After typing page one how do I get to page two??? > I > can't find a button or anything that tells me how to proceed. --- Outgoing mail is certified Vir...

OL 2003- Impact of Reorganizing Folders on Archived Files
I had to do a complete XP Pro Sp3 a while back and when I reinstalled OL 2003 the previous arhive files were lost (or actually I probably didn't reinstall OL correctly). Anyway I need to reorganize my personal folders and have waited to setup new archives until that task was completed but it is an ongoing process. So my question is if I go ahead and setup archiving now, what is the impact on the archived file when I make changes to the folder organization? Hope this question makes sense and thanks in advance .... If you're using AutoArchive, your mails get archived in ...

Sent Items folder #2
HELP. Does anyone know why when I try to open my Sent Items folder nothing happens. Outlook Express then locks up and I have to use Task Manager to quit. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpres...

Public folder permissions.
I have a permissions problem with 2003 Server SBE. I created a number of public contact lists using an administrator equivelent user. The login name became corrupt and I had to delete and recreate it. The problem is that unlike with exchange 2000 or 5.5 I can not use the Exchange Admin tools to delete or change the proporties of these public contacts. Using Outlook no user including the Administrator has access to the permissions tab. Any ideas on how to correct this problem. I assume this is a registry problem now but I have been unsucessful in finding any references to...

Create a Macro in Excel from Access
Hi ng I would like to create a checkbox in Excel which runs a Macro in Excel. I would like to do this from Access VBA (automatic) - I know how to create the checkbox - but I have no clue what so ever - how to create the Macro. I wondered if I can export a module with the procedure (macro) from access to excel (automation)?, or I can create a new module in excel from access vba, and create the macro from it? TIA JJ VBA interop between Excel, Access, Word is well understood and well documented. There are books and web references on this. 1. Decide which will be the host to store the ...

Public folders and auto-reply
Does anyone know how can I change auto-reply FROM address. I want messages coming in to address i...@something.com, and send them auto- reply message from address no-re...@something.com so they can't answer it. Is there a way to do it? On 19 Apr 2007 23:01:36 -0700, Siim <siimtina@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how can I change auto-reply FROM address. I want >messages coming in to address i...@something.com, and send them auto- >reply message from address no-re...@something.com so they can't >answer >it. Is there a way to do it? You could try creating a r...

create a shorcut on outlook to a folder on the system
The prior version of outlook allowed me to add shortcuts to folders saved on the system to the outlook bar. Is there a way to do it in 2003? My email box is limited in size by the workcenter, therefore I need to be able to save my information somewhere else. cluelessdynamite <cluelessdynamite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The prior version of outlook allowed me to add shortcuts to folders > saved on the system to the outlook bar. Is there a way to do it in > 2003? My email box is limited in size by the workcenter, therefore I > need to be able to save my inform...

Need help to create a report that lists all the suppliers for an i
Can anyone help me with creating a custom report? I would like to create a report that lists all the suppliers and costs for each item. For example, the ideal report would look something like the format below: Item Supplier1 Cost Supplier2 Cost Supplier3 Cost ItemA ABC Co. $2.50 XYZ Co. $2.25 WW Inc. $2.13 ItemB VVV Co. $6.99 OOO Co. $7.25 ABC Co. $7.10 ItemC ABC Co. $4.00 XYZ Co. $3.85 WW Inc. $3.49 I can help you with this. You can email me at ron AT bestpossales DOT com. "Wai-Yee" wrote: ...

Creating a new account
When I create a new mailbox in Exchange 2003 (after creating a new account in active directory), I end up having to assign all sorts of permissions to the new account so that the user can send email. Is there any way that this can be automatically done during mailbox setup? Some of the permissions that I have to set are to the Exchange Service Account, Exchange Domain Servers, Enterprise Admins, etc etc. This is so not normal. :) Have you run ExBPA against the environment? Sounds like your permissions need a tune-up. Missy "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Should forms be created based on tables or queries, or does it mat
Title prettly much says it all. Is it better to create forms based on table or queries? Or, is there any real difference? If so, are there any benefits with one or the other? I'm fairly new at this and was just wondering what the logic or path of thought I should be using to create my database. Thanks in advance. I always base my forms on queries. The benefit is that you can control the order in which the records are presented by using an appropriate ORDER BY clause in the query. In addition, if not all of the fields (or not all the rows) are required for the specifi...

UNnable to expand folders on delegate mailbox
I followed the instructions in help but am getting this error message. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location Any idea what I missed. Um, the Outlook version, Exchange version, do you have delegate access only to the folder or at the root of the mailbox, you mean missing things like that so that someone could figure out what you are talking about and offer assistance? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account wi...

How to retreive the name of the most recent file in folder ?
Hi I'm looking for a script written in Powershell to get the Last Modified file in a folder Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks! For the current directory: gci .|where{!($_.psiscontainer)}|sort -desc lastwritetime|select -first 1 Expanded get-childitem -path .|where object{!($_.psiscontainer)}|sort-object -descending lastwritetime|select-object -first 1 You did mention you wanted this for files... "bazil" <nospam_dopamind@free.fr> wrote in message news:4b3c8a88$0$23314$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi > I'm looking for a script written i...

Search Folder: Sent to NOT my contacts
Hi, I'd like to create a search folder which shows all mails I've sent to addresses which are not in my contacts folder. Any ideas? Hugh;145491 Wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to create a search folder which shows all mails I've sent to > addresses which are not in my contacts folder. > > Any ideas? I'm not sure its easily do able... typically you'd use a rule to categorize messages to people in the address books then make a search folder (or a custom view) that shows only mail not categorized. But... I don't think after sen...

Encrypt files in folder
how to encrypt all files in folder(older that some data) with very strong algorithm use VBScript? VBScript FilePath = "\\server\folder" FileAge = 10 Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(FilePath) Set colFile = objFolder.Files For Each objFile in colFile FileCreated = objFile.DateCreated If DateDiff("d", FileCreated, Now()) > FileAge Then ........ code to encrypt...... ......... Else End If And decrypting, when this required, to use separate vbscript-decryptor. Thanks. ...

Automatically create calendar item with registration?
Hi! I need assistance with figuring out how to generate an Outlook calendar item whenever people register for a webinar or other activity through our website. Is a plug-in available? Ideally, whenever someone signs up for an activity through our website, it would then forward a calendar / meeting item to their Outlook calendar blocking off the appropriate time. Any help is immensely appreciated!! You need to use an asp, javascript, or php script on your website to generate it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Send-As for Public Folder
I am trying to make a Public Folder to send Auto-Replies as a different Public Folder. Is that possible at all? Here's the info... Using Exchange 2003 SP1. I have a Public Folder that receives resumes from interested job applicants. It has the email (jobs@mydomain.com). Initially and currently, it sends out auto-replies from jobs@mydomain.com thanking them for their email. However, due to the massive amount of spam and viruses we get this "jobs@" address, it's firing back a lot of unsolicited resume submissions because viruses are picking up addresses left, right and...

"Failed to create empty document" or the different between WM5 &
Hi everyone, I have some troubles with my application's toolbar. Please see some lines of code following: int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { if (CFrameWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; if (!m_wndCommandBar.Create(this) || !m_wndCommandBar.InsertMenuBar(IDR_MAINFRAME) || !m_wndCommandBar.LoadToolBar(IDR_MAINFRAME) || !m_wndCommandBar.AddAdornments(dwAdornmentFlags) ) { TRACE0("Failed to create CommandBar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } m_wndCommandBar.SetBarStyle(m_wndCommandBar.GetBarStyle() | C...