Creating a Browse for Folder

I have seen programs where there is an edit field for defining the location
of a file and then to the right of the field is a button with 3 periods on
it which when clicked brings up a browse for folder file box where the user
can choose a directory and file and then it is populated in the edit field.
Is there a custom control to use for this or do I have to develop this
myself?

0
w_gower (280)
10/14/2003 3:50:41 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Take a look at SHBrowseForFolder and CFileDialog. You probably want CFileDialog.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I have seen programs where there is an edit field for defining the location
| of a file and then to the right of the field is a button with 3 periods on
| it which when clicked brings up a browse for folder file box where the user
| can choose a directory and file and then it is populated in the edit field.
| Is there a custom control to use for this or do I have to develop this
| myself?

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Unable to view Public Folders from Outlook Calendar
I'm running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I created a public folder named "Trades Shows" as a calendar. I can view "Trades Shows" from the calendar list view under Mail, but I'm unable to open the calendar from the calendar tab by choosing "Open a Shared Calendar". When I choose to view Public Folders from the dropdown no public folders are listed. I have 10 public folders and none of them are listed in the dropdown selection list. Any idea why this would be the case? I think it will be if you add it to your "favorites"... -- Su...

Public Folder Referral Reports?
With a large Exchange 2000 environment, we have relied on our end users to tell us when a Public Folder needs to be replicated to a remote server. Is there a tool to tell us what PF Referrals are occuring to our primary PF server? We would like to proactively create replicas of frequently used PFs on these remote servers so our end users can have the best performance possible I've been unable to find any information about tracking down PF Referrals Thanks in advance for your replies. ...

Need Help with Creating a Multi-part Rule for Outlook 2003
Hi all -- Has anyone else come across the need to do the following: * Have a rule that copies and then forwards all non-domain generated e-mail to another e-mail address. For example: - Have all e-mail sent by anyone within the xyz.com domain to remain in the Inbox, but anything not sent by someone within xyz.com will be copied and forwarded to another recipient. If any one knows of a way to accomplish the above or if it is not possible, please reply here. Sincerely, Ralph Greenberg, MCSA Set a rule to copy/forward all mail items (no defining crit...

create rule based on the DISPLAYED from field
Hi Group, I'm using Outlook 2007. Is it possible to create a rule that searches the text displayed in the "from" field? I would like to delete messages with certain offensive words in the "from" field, but I'm unable to find any rule that does that. I can see the words of "interest" if I go to Message options / Internet headers, but how do you build a rule based on that ? thank you, andy use a 'words in the header' rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchan...

Create link in publisher to folder stored on same web site
I created my web page in Publisher and succesfully published it. I draged and dropped a folder on my ftp site. I tried, without success, to place a hyperlink from my web page to open the folder. Please advise if it is possible to create the link and of so how it can be done. Thanks. Bob. On your webpage use a name or image, i.e., The cars folder is available here. Using the mouse highlite the word here and select Insert, Hyperlink. The hyperlink would read /cars Note the cars folder and the link to it are case sensitive. That's it. don Vancouver, USA "Bob W" <Bo...

Domain Admin can't create mailbox
I think I may have worked myself out of a certain permission and I can't figure out which one it is. I'm a domain admin but I can't add a mailbox to a user account through ADUC. Most time, running domainprep will solve permission problems, without negative impacts... -- "JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2DBE79-A70B-4300-9504-2BD599EBB781@microsoft.com... >I think I may have worked myself out of a certain permission and I can't > figure out which one it is. I'm a domain admin but I can't add a ...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Public Folders #55
I joined a new server and moved everything over about a year ago. I was checking the Public Information Store and noticed 3 folder are still pointing to the old Exchange. I have that server unplugged. Will anything bad happen if I redirect those Public Folders to the new server? Also, in the MTA queues the old server is listed with 692 messages and growing. Can I remove them with MTA check? I also have the old server still listed in the new Exchange server. The old server has been down for about a year now but I never uninstalled the Exchange software. Can I just delete the old server from...

Do rules created in Outlook apply to external emails received?
We are posting a few jobs for our company. What I did was created 2 new accounts and email addresses and gave permissions to the Director who now can open their Inbox within her Outlook. I created a new rule for each mailbox that states email "Sent only to me" to apply this rule "Have server reply using a specific message". Basically the message is the auto response email stating thank you and we have recieve your resume. I've tested from my internal account and get the auto response with the message and our company logo just like I set it up. However I do not ge...

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

Exchange public folder replication
I have a situation where i'm going to be taking out our first exchange server in the organization(i already have another exchange server that's been running for the organization for some time). Have already replicated public folders to the other server and rehomed the address book and rehome the schedule + free busy folder, have moved all the mailboxes and rehome the recipient update service. When i go to turn off replication and check the replication status under public folders, replication, details. I notice that some of the folders have a status of local modified, on the f...

Cannot create C# proxy for Axis SOAP service?
I've goggled a few posts about this but haven't found a definitive answer. I have an Apache Axis SOAP web service that I ned to write a C# client for. When I point VS.Net Studio 2003 at my Axis WSDL, I get the following error message from VS.net: - Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XML document (46, 16).'. - Namespace prefix 'impl:urn' is not defined. - Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URL http://10.3.158.101:8080/DDServer/services/urn:DDSoapService?wsdl could not be found.'. - The document fo...

Creating a new form everytime a contact is made
I have created a database in Access 2003 to keep track of all of the data needed for our hospital based bariatric program. The forms created work well. However now my problem arises that originally there was one contact about a month after surgery and the information filled in. Now the staff would like to show multiple contacts for that same patient using the same questions but on differant days or months. What I am trying to avoid is creating a giant form with the same fields listed six times because they might contact the patient once a month for six months or possibly daily ...

user access public folders with no restrictions
i have an exchange server 2003, we want to use shared public folders. I have a public folder call sales and a couple of calender under it, i set the permission on the folder in exc manager. we can access it inside and out. BUT the problem i found is that when i just goto servername/public, on my brouser inside the network .... i have full access - no restrictions You'd be wise to check what the Default and Anonymous permissions are set to on the public folder. Also, if you created the Public Folder, you will by default be an owner, with no restrictions. Also, keep in mind ...

Sync Issues Folder #2
I have installed MS Office 2003 and I am using it with Excahnge server. For some reason, the "Sync Issues" folder under my mailbox folder has been renamed to "Sync Issues1". I'd like to get the name changed back to the original "Sync Issues". I can't use the usual folder rename as this is a special outlook folder related to the server sync. features in Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook in cached mode. How can I get ths folder back to its orginal name? ...

Publishing to Web
We have just upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003. Now when we publish to the web each of the images creates their own page with a link back to their original location; and the file which has 38 pages when open in the computer has over 600 pages when viewed from the internet. What has happened? How can we fix this? ...

Use Query or Macro to Creat enew Database
I need to figure out a way to create a new database from within an existing database during a process in which i am running several queries. the new database name will have a generic name like "Quarterly..." but will then be concatenated with the quarterly submittal date in a specific format (e.g., 20070601) I'm thinking i could create a query to determine the quarterly date and then concatenate with the other part of the file name, but how would i actually create a process for creating a new database (in a specified directory) from within my existing directory. any sugg...

personal folder files
I was given a disk that contains pst.files. I saved the information onto my C drive. I clicked on Outlook, went to open and selected my personal folder files. Once there I selected the location and the file and went to open it. An error message popped up stating the "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use". Then it tells me I don't have permission to open this file. I'm not sure what this warning means. Any suggestions would help me greatly. Also the person who created this disk stated it should be able to open in Outlook 2000, thoug...

Problem in opening Publid Folder
Hi, We have recently migrated Outlook 2000/Server Exchange 5.5 to Outlook 2003/Server Exchange 2003. Since then, it takes as long as several minutes for some users to open Public Folders. Does someone has any idea about why it takes so long and how to fix it ? Thanks, KK ...

how to move public folder store
How do you move the public folder store that gets created in the first storage group (FSG) to another storage group? Apparently everyone in the world is happy as clams leaving everything as default because there's absolutely NO information anywhere that mentions this. I just want my Public Folders to be in their own storage group. I'm running Exchange 2003 Enterprise, SP1. Any guidance would be appreciated. J. I don't believe it can be moved...if you want it in its own SG, I believe you have to just not create any mailbox stores in the default 1st Storage Group... "Jame...

Previewing the email a template creates
In my opinion ... and I'm almost always right : ) ... Templates are of no use unless the subsequent email can be previewed. Users are not going to select 50 leads and send them an email without being able to view the text and formatting on its way out. The template may have been created by someone else which means the user would be taking an enormous leap of faith in using the template. That’s just asking for trouble. Likewise, a Customer Service rep wouldn’t use a template to tell a customer how to fix a particular issue unless they could preview the email. I assumed the deve...

Personal Folder question
I use outlook at work and would like to keep a copy of my emails at home. The copy at home would just be for offline reading, I do not want to be connected to work. I went to my local settings->application data->microsoft->outlook folder, and copied the three files to my home computer: outlook.ost - 70 megs archive.pst - 7 megs Company-outlook.ost - 100 megs Why are there 3 files and whats the differences between them? I went into Outlook and choose 'Open Folder' but it only gave me the option to open a .pst file, and I opened the archive.pst file, and there was only my &#...

Creating mailbox fails
Hi Does anyone knows why, when creating new user in AD it does not creates it´s mailbox in Exchange 2000 server just user account My config is following: Windows 2000 server SP4, Exchange server 2000 SP3+ KB824282 patch. Server was promoted to DC previously and Exchange 2000 mailboes were moved from another server with same config.Thanks. In article <E4411033-7169-42FB-981A-1B65C84B2675@microsoft.com>,=20 anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > Does anyone knows why, when creating new user in AD it does not creates i= t=C2?s mailbox in Exchange 2000 server just ...

How to remove pesky folder?
Running OL2003, I've removed an IMAP mail account via the Tools/Email Accounts procedure, but the high-level IMAP account folder remains under my "All Mail Folders"/"Personal Folders" list. Whenever I attempt to delete, or "close", that folder, I am unable to enact any action. How can one delete a folder from the list after its associated account has been removed? I guess I assumed this would have occurred when I removed the account? Thanks, --Howie Create a new mail profile without the IMAP account. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

Public folder contents keep deleting automatically
I am using one Exchange 2003 Enterprise back end server and one Exchange 2003 Standard front end server. I have tried to change the Age Limit from 0 to any larger numbers, but the public folder contents just keep deleting automatically after a certain period. Do you know the reason and any solutions so that the public folder contents can be kept permanently? Thanks. Let me clarify my problem, I mean no matter how many days I entered in Age Limit, the public folder contents would be deleted automatically after around 7 days. How can I disable this automatic deletion. Thanks. "B...