CreateFileMapping() - still succeeded without a system Page File?

CreateFileMapping() - still succeeded without a system Page File?

I configured my computer so that no harddisk drive has a page file.

The strange thing is:

when I call CreateFileMapping() to create an MMF object backed by the
system paging file,
the API still succeeds.

My codes:

HANDLE  hFileMap = CreateFileMapping(INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, NULL,
PAGE_READWRITE, 0, 64 * 1024, _T("MySharedData"));

How can this happen? Thanks.

0
fxplus (11)
2/26/2008 10:24:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MSXML to System.Xml Conversion Code
I have some code that I am converting from VB6 to C#. The VB code used the 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes' schema to allow the entry of strongly typed data via the nodeTypedValue properties on MSXML elements. In System.Xml I am seeing that nodeTypedValue ability is not present. Is it my responsibility to manage the conversion of the types wihtout automatic support from the .NET DOM model? Thanks, -- Brian R. Hi Brian, There is no equivalent to nodeTypedValue in System.Xml namespace. You have to manage the conversion. If you just want to valiadate typed value with...

Missing file
I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgroup. Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist IE version? Jeff Stanton wrote: > I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system > 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears > whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgrou...

CListCtrl and paging???
hi anybody I know CListCtrl can display items per page, for instance if table contains 1 millions records or 10. for display items from that table we should divide all items per pages and display that pages in CListCtrl. Question: how to do this - I mean API. If somebody have source - send me pl. I'm not sure what you are asking, but a virtual list control sounds like a possibility. "Nothing" <Vinnitsky@msn.com> wrote in message news:e7HghgajDHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi anybody > > I know CListCtrl can display items per page, for instance if tabl...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Autocomplete File Editor for NK2 file
Whew, At first I started writing to each person with a problem about this utility that I found to open and edit the NK2 file. I didn't know there would be so many so I thought I'd post this. The utility is called Owtlook File Editor It can be found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm Good luck ...

extra blan page
I have a report and set footer force new page after section. The report always has one extra blank page at the end, since force new page after section. Are there any way to eliminate the extra blank page at the end of report when the report force new page after footer section set? Your information is great appreciated, iccsi wrote: I have a report and set footer force new page after section. > >The report always has one extra blank page at the end, since force new >page after section. > >Are there any way to eliminate the extra blank page at the end of &g...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

How do I create a 46 page member directory?
I was wondering if publisher can create a membership directory that would be 46 pages in length? The front of the handbook would be the names/adresses and so forth and the back part would be images of each businesses business card. Is publisher the right software for this? I was volunteered for this job, so any help would be most helpful! Thanks, Bryan I'd use Publisher if I was doing that job. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bryan" <Bryan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D94BC8CE-1B55-443E-9925-65AC606F5A52@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

Microsoft File Password Recovery
Hi All A friend and I at work have a file that we cannot open because it was password protected and we can't remember the password. Is someone able to recommend some free file open password breaker software? Otherwise, could I send the file to someone to open the file? For clarity, it is not within the excel worksheet or workbook, it is a password to open the excel file! With thanks Nick well if it was a workbook/sheet password, i'd say www.straxx.com as it' a free password add-in, very effective too. but if it's not one o those passwords, what is it? external? v...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

How do I Insert 2C Mac EPS file into Publisher ?
In commercial printing we get a lot of logo's and other art that is created as a Mac EPS and I cannot seem to insert it into Publisher. What are the correct steps for doing this and for it to display. According to Pub 2003, you need a graphics filter to insert .eps files. The following is copied directly from the Help file: The Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) graphics filter (Epsimp32.flt) supports the Adobe Systems Encapsulated PostScript Specification versions 3.0 and earlier. The filter supports .eps images from Tagged Image File Format (.tif, .tiff) (Tagged Image File Format (TIF...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com 1. Turn off...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

Page No display
How to insert page no in a particular cells. I had tried with Header option in Print Preview menu, but after applying the same , Page no is not exactly comes in particular cells,either it may displayed above or below the cells. -- NITESH G ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NITESH G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497514 ...

pivot table page field hidden items
Is there a vba code that can determine the "pivot table page field hidden items"? I tried the "visible" property for the page field items. It returned "True" only for the "CurrentPage" item and "False" for all the others. You could set each item as the current page. Those that are hidden will create an error, instead of becoming visible. For example: '======================== Sub PageItemsHidden() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Dim piCurr As String Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) Set pf = pt.PivotFiel...

Search photos without specific tag in Photo Gallery
Hello! Is it possible to exclude photos with specific tag from search results? For example I want to search for all photos that are tagged "animal" but want to exclude photos with tag "cat". I've tried search queries like "animal -cat" but that does not seem to work. Any ideas? P.S. I'm using Vista SP2 Home Premium Photo Gallery -- Veld ...

Double Lookup Without Exact Match-Price Breaks
Hello, I have a table that looks like this -----A------------B-----------C------- Part Number------Qty-------Price Each 1----Part 1---------2-------------23.01 2----Part 1--------40------------8.76 3----Part 1--------80-----------8.39 4----Part 2--------1-------------58.12 5----Part 2--------20-----------9.04 6----Part 2--------40-----------7.74 7----Part 3--------1------------60.00 8----Part 3--------20----------9.04 9----Part 3--------40----------7.74 And so on.... These are price breaks. I'd like to enter the Part number in cell G1 and the Qty in cell H1 and have the formula/array l...

my file still exists but is blank please help
I had a virus completely delete a file in my microsoft word 2000. It's old and I don't know what to do. The file name is still there but the text is blank, and I've tried several recovery progrms that haven't retrived it. Was hoping someone knew if word has its own back to retrieve things from and how to use it If the contents have been overwritten (and it certainly seems as if that is the case), there isn't anything you can do, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "hanna" <hanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Compress an Excel File
I have an excel file that is 36 meg. Do you know how to compress the file? When I zip the file it drops to 3meg so I know it can be compressed. I beleive the file has become large due to the constent changes I need to make to the file. Help Please. Hi Mandy Maybe this will help? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mandy" <mangelo@arbys.com> wrote in message news:42c401c47fa1$ddc405d0$a401280a@...

Closing multiple files independantly
When I have 2 seperate excel files open...and I click on the red 'x' on the top right on one of the files...both files close. How can I get it to only close the 1 file I'm clicking on? Thanks, Frank. Hi Frank, Look just below the red X; the three symbols (miminize, restore and close) are repeated but in a simpler format. These control a workbook while the top one control the Excel application. If you ever want to close all the file but leave Excel open, hold down Shift and open the File menu - look for a new item "Close All". Bernard "Frank DAlessandro" ...

Tidying up Office Data Files
My Office Data files are in a mess. I have discovered that I have Outlook (approx 0.8GB) and Outlook1 (approx 0.8GB) Mailbox (32KB) and Archive (0.35GB). I created Archive some time ago but have not archived recently. I don't know why I have 2 Outlook files - possibly created when I transferred data to a new laptop a few weeks ago. I would like to re-combine everything into 1 file so that I can start again and set up a proper Archive system again. How can I do this without risking losing files or creating duplicates or triplicates. As you will note the files are very big! Any h...

Opening a a a file handle as a file pointer
Hi all I have a file handle. I want to open it as a FILE stream so that I can use higher level operators like cin/cout and fprintf/fscanf. Can someone suggest me a solution? Obviously the process startup code converts the file descriptor is receives from parent for stdin,stdout and stderr. So there should be a function to do it. regards, Sudhakar "sudhakarg79" <sudhakarg79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECF7527B-A036-48EF-B2FB-CA8985330D3E@microsoft.com... > > Hi all > > I have a file handle. I want to open it as a FILE stream so...

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

Insert New Page and Keep Formatting.
I have a few questions. First, how do I insert a new page in a Newsletter and keep the formatting changes I made to the text. For example I changed my font to different sizes, but when I insert a new page it all resets back to the original newsletter template default font size. How do I prevent this from happening? Secondly, when I do insert a new page how do I add a calender? When I go to Page Content it says that you cannot change page content to pages that were INSERTED only the first 4 pages. Thanks, Matt mjcxp <mjcxp@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to u...