Create Modeless Dialog Boxes Query?

Hi Experts
I have an SDI explorer type application with a tree view and a list view.
In the listview i show the thumbnails of all the bmp files in a specific
folder.
Now when the user double clicks on any thumbnail i want to dynamically
create a modeless dialog box.

Now is it possible to specify the width & height of the modeless dialog box
at the time of creation, say i want the dialog box to be of the size
(400,300).

If this is possible how can this b dun?

Waiting for comments

Regards
mathu

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

mathu,

See below

"Snav" <davinder_76@rediffmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi Experts
> I have an SDI explorer type application with a tree view and a list view.
> In the listview i show the thumbnails of all the bmp files in a specific
> folder.
> Now when the user double clicks on any thumbnail i want to dynamically
> create a modeless dialog box.
>
> Now is it possible to specify the width & height of the modeless dialog
box
> at the time of creation, say i want the dialog box to be of the size
> (400,300).
>
> If this is possible how can this b dun?

It can in-d-d b dun. But u don't want 2 do that, creating a dialog template
in memory and everything. Just create a normal dialog class with an empty
dialog, and add the controls dynamically.

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

> Waiting for comments
>
> Regards
> mathu

>Now is it possible to specify the width & height of the modeless dialog box
>at the time of creation, say i want the dialog box to be of the size
>(400,300).

You can resize the dialog window in the dialog's WM_INITDIALOG handler
using MoveWindow or SetWindowPos.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
6/10/2004 4:18:10 PM
You can resize any dialog in its OnInitDialog method, and resize and reposition whatever
controls you want as well. You can also create a dialog with a sizing border and use the
OnSize handler to resize or relocate controls.
				joe

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:34:47 +0530, "Snav" <davinder_76@rediffmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Experts
>I have an SDI explorer type application with a tree view and a list view.
>In the listview i show the thumbnails of all the bmp files in a specific
>folder.
>Now when the user double clicks on any thumbnail i want to dynamically
>create a modeless dialog box.
>
>Now is it possible to specify the width & height of the modeless dialog box
>at the time of creation, say i want the dialog box to be of the size
>(400,300).
>
>If this is possible how can this b dun?
>
>Waiting for comments
>
>Regards
>mathu

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
6/10/2004 4:41:52 PM
Hi David
I m able to change the dimensions of my dialog box.
Thanx for your suggestions

Best Regards
mathu

David Lowndes <davidl@example.invalid> wrote in message
> >Now is it possible to specify the width & height of the modeless dialog
box
> >at the time of creation, say i want the dialog box to be of the size
> >(400,300).
>
> You can resize the dialog window in the dialog's WM_INITDIALOG handler
> using MoveWindow or SetWindowPos.
>
> Dave

How to create identical dropdown lists in large blocks of cells
I use an excel spreadsheet to create a 4 week schedule for 20 nurses. They work a total of 13 differant shifts. (7a-11a, 7a-3p, 7a-7p, 11a-3p, 11a-7p, etc). I'm looking for a way to create identical drop down boxes with a list of the available shifts for a large group of cells. So far, I have to do each cell individually via the "Data, Validation, List" route. That's over 550 individual cells I'd have to program one at a time, which is just not gonna happen. Anybody have a faster way? Paul: You can select as many cells as you like when creating a drop-down. You c...

Query problem. Access is my nightmare.
I have a parameter query set up. It prompts me for a Ticket Number. It works fine. I want to set-up a macro or something that I can run from my switchboard. Edit Ticket Number. I set it up and it will allow any number to be put in and it will pull up all records. How do I set this up from my switch board to where someone types the Ticket Number into the parameter window and it only pulls up that record or comes back with an error message saying "record not found"? On Jan 24, 1:52=A0pm, p-rat <osupr...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a parameter query set up. It prompts me for a ...

Help Please! Need to set up query
I have set up a query that tells me how many mediations my office has each week. I have a field for "status" of the mediation. I'd like to be able to calculate the percentage of mediations I have in any given month has a "status" of "settled". I can't figure out how to calculate the percentage. Please help. Thanks. Field and table names sure help. In its simplest form, you seem to be asking for the following query. SELECT Abs(Sum(Status = "Settled"))/Count(MeditationDate) as PercentSettled FROM SomeTable WHERE MediationDate Between #...

Excel 2003, query doesn't refresh sometimes
Hi: I can't reproduce this but I have built a workbook using queries on different sheets that are parameterized. I used Microsoft Query and it hits an Access database. The users report sometimes it gets the numbers wrong--seems like it doesn't refresh (sometimes) when the parameter is changed. There are two parameters and they come from another worksheet. They click on "Enable Refresh" when it comes up when they open the workbook. I saw a MSFT KB that says that, if you have parameters on different worksheets, it might not refresh sometimes. However this was an issue with E...

create space in line chart between points, linked to pivot table
I would like to insert a space between two data points in a chart that is linked to a pivot table. In Excel versions earlier thatn 2003 I could accomplish this by clicking the seris, clicking again the area of the line for removal. Then from the top menu select format, selected data point, line, none, okay. The line connecting the consecutive data points would be removed. In Excel 2003 following the same procedure the line is removed but then shifts to the next available dat point. The only way I have found to accomplish the desired affect is to break the link with the pivot table....

Unable to insert Access queries
When trying to use ms-query to import data from an Access database, I've found that it doesn't allow me to open some of the queries (views) from access. It seems that the queries I have trouble importing have the nz() function in calculated fields of the access queries (views) (or in a sub-query). Is this simply not supported or is there a way to work around it? In the Access query, instead of Nz, use an IIF formula. For example: EstHrsCalc: IIf(IsNull([EstHrs]),0,[EstHrs]) Craig A wrote: > When trying to use ms-query to import data from an Access database, I've found that...

Gialog box application with paramters
I have a Dialog box mfc application. Can I start it from a dos box with paramters? Is there any example for that? Thanks George Sure. Just type the name of the application followed by the arguments in the DOS box. In the application's InitInstance method, you can access the arguments by declaring a CCommandLineInfo object and passing it to CWinApp::ParseCommandLine(), which will call CCommandLineInfo::ParseParam() for each argument parsed from the command line. One limitation: CCommandLineInfo accepts a limited number of arguments. But you can derive your own CCommandLineInfo ...

Code to Query SQL Server with a parameter value (entered into an Input Box), and have that value also display in a selected cell on a worksheet
I'm wondering how BEST to accomplish this. I have a EXCEL workbook which populates data to, and retrieves data from SQL Server. I currently have VBA code which effectively sends the data from the EXCEL worksheet to SQL Server tables -- no problem with this. I currently have VBA code which effectively retrieves data from SQL Server and displays that data back into the worksheet -- no problem with this either. I'm currently using a Command Button (on-click event) and the code below to query SQL Server to determine the Max Version Number and add 1 to that value. This value is t...

In creating a COUNTIF and a COUNT to show as ie 4of10?
I'm realative new user of excel. And I'm tring to set up a file to automatically countif and count. I understand how to do one individually, but how can I get them to show as: 4 of 10 all in one cell? Assuming the 4 is the result of the COUNTIF and 10 is the result of the COUNT... =COUNTIF(...)&" of "&COUNT(...) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "tobin.palmer" <tobin.palmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFE13B6A-8805-4E5B-A2A4-9FDF612900DE@microsoft.com... > I'm realative new user of excel. And I'm tr...

Parallel Box Plots
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to create parallel box plots on Excel 2007.. What's a "parallel" box plot? Box and Whisker Charts in Excel: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 5/27/2010 5:36 PM, Kristina wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if it was possible to create parallel box plots on Excel > 2007.. ...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I originally cross-posted this question in microsoft.public.access.queries & microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign newsgroups, but did not get a response. I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001...

Creating Notes on a Closed Opportunity
Hi All, Is there away to customize Microsoft CRM 1.2 to allow users the ability to create notes for an Opportunity that is closed? I know you can do this by reopening the Opportunity, but now we’re faced with people forgetting to close the Opportunity once opened. Does anyone know of any supporting or unsupported customization that will give us this functionality? Thanks for your help You can add your custom "Add Note" button to the opportunity form through ISV.Config. On click of this button you could write code to open your custom add note form that adds note to an o...

Deleting a newly created Personal Folder (How?!)
I working with a separate problem and was messing with the Personal Folder and, after reading another post in this newsgroup, I created a second (different name) personal folder. Now I want to get rid of it, but cannot find a 'Delete'. How do I get rid of this?! Thanks Frank I found it. Right click on the folder and select Close. Sorry to bother you. ...

Disable or Lock check box after initial check
I have a check box that, when clicked, adds today's date to a table field. Private Sub CkBoxCIComp_AfterUpdate() Me!CIComp = Now End Sub After the initial check in the box, I would like the check box to be disables so they cannot check again and change the initial date that was entered on the initial check. I also need a msg to contact the admin for assistance. Can anyone tell me how this can be done? Thanks -- deb This will not work in a continuous form, but in single form view, try (aircode): Private Sub CkBoxCIComp_AfterUpdate() Me!CIComp = Now Me.CkBoxCIComp.Locked = True...

Enlarging the 'check box'
Without changing the zoom value of Excel, how does one increase the size of the checkbox in Excel 2002/OfficeXP? -- HansM What I have here, is two screenshots of checkboxes, enlarged to 33x33. One is checked, the other isn't. On the UserForm, I put two PictureBoxes on top of eachother and each of them gets it's own picture. If checked is clicked, then unchecked will be visible, and backwards. A sample form is here: http://www.geocities.com/smplprgrsrc/files/checkboxes.zip The 2 little .jpg's are also in there. "HansM" <sayno2@spam.com> schreef in beri...

Message box at file open
For a particular Excel file, I want a message box to open as soon as the file is opened. Do I need to use VBA for that? If yes, I'm new to VBA. Any quick pointers? Thanks all. Hall, > Do I need to use VBA for that? Yes, you do. From the workbook, press Alt + F11 Double click on "THisWorkbook" in the "Projects" window. In the panel on the right, copy and paste the following: Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "My message" End Sub John "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:eAp0TW53DHA.3360@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > For a ...

value box next to the legend box
Hi, I have a pie chart with 15 different items. 3 of them are big and the rest are very small. I can present the values for the big slices but it is very messy for the little slices. Can I show next to the legend box also a value box that will be located parralel (with matching colours and of course related to the data by a formula)? Thanks, Tamir begin 666 values next to legend.xls MT,\1X*&Q&N$`````````````````````/@`#`/[_"0`&```````````````! M`````0``````````$ ``50````$```#^____``````````#_____________ M_________________________________________________...

Can I create a custom category
I am brand new to MS Money. I am trying to setup my budget, however there are some categories that are not in the list. Can I create category for my budget? Ex. Dry Cleaning, Automobile Maintenance Depends on the Edition you are using. Money Essentials (MEss)? No. Deluxe and above? Yes. "Arrrah" <Arrrah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55726546-1300-417E-B588-F6BDA246D156@microsoft.com... >I am brand new to MS Money. I am trying to setup my budget, however there >are > some categories that are not in the list. Can I create category for my > b...

Using a combo box to open a form
Hello, I wanted to use a combo box to allow the user to pick a specific form which would open upon selection. The form names I have are 001, 002, and 003. The associated table is called "Activities". Any ideas? Thanks! Brock - In the Click event of the combo box, add this code: DoCmd.OpenForm Me.Combo0, acNormal -- Daryl S "Brock" wrote: > Hello, > > I wanted to use a combo box to allow the user to pick a specific form which > would open upon selection. The form names I have are 001, 002, and 003. The > associated table is cal...

list box of related records
I have a form with contact information that is pulling from one table. This table is related to another table (clients) by the id number and in the clients table there are multiple client codes that relate to each contact ids. I would like to have a list box on the side of my contact information that contains the related client codes and be able to add and remove client codes, which would affect the clients table. I have seen that this can be done with a subform, but it seems a bit unruly and excessive. Can it not be done with just a list? It could be done with a List Box, but a s...

Can I create an invisible MDI child window
I need to create a MDI child window to load document then print the document to printer. There is no need to show the MDI child window. I tried to use: CFrameWnd* pFrame = (CFrameWnd*)pTemplate->CreateNewFrame(pDoc, NULL); pTemplate->InitialUpdateFrame(pFrame, pDoc, FALSE); But the result is my document is not loaded, so print will fail. I even tried: CFrameWnd* pFrame = (CFrameWnd*)pTemplate->CreateNewFrame(pDoc, NULL); pFrame->ShowWindoe(SW_HIDE); pTemplate->InitialUpdateFrame(pFrame, pDoc); But the MDI window is still visible when the document gets loaded. Is th...

MO reports serial number has already been created
I have a user who does Inventory transfers for serialized items. When a serial number he is looking for is not in the site it should be, he looks for it in some other ites. Once he's exhausted his search, he creates an MO for the item. When he's creating the MO, he tries to enter a serial number but GP reports that the serial number has already been used for this item. We can not find any instance where the serial number has been created. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? Thanks. Jim ...

Combo Boxes and Sub forms
I have a form that acts like a switchboard called frm_Forms_Switchboard. The first combo box lets you select a user, and then it should automatically open the user form (frm_user_projects) only pulling the selected users records. Here is the background: The problem is that now we have multiple users, and its not working... Here is how I have it set up: ( sorry if this really detailed - but the directions say to be) I have a table (tbl_owner_activity) - it has the project id and userid. Then there is a query (qry_owner_activity) that links tbl_owner_activity by userid and owner_id to a...

Create contact-list based on Active Directory attributes ?
We have Outlook 2002 sp2/sp3, Exchange 2003 sp2 and an Active Directory 2003 sp2. I wonder if it's possible to create a contact-list based on Active Directory attributes ? It could be a mailbox contact or shared maps contact Or if above are not possible, can you import an Excelsheet with phonenumbers into a contact list ? Sincerely \\Jonas B you can connect to it using LDAP. If you need specifics on how to do this, you'll need to ask in the exchange server or active directory newsgroups. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Ho...

Making a combo box enable for two case
i Have a combo box name Cbmonth when click a specific case i.e. month sales the box enables, Me.cbMonth.Enabled = (SalesPeriod = byMonth) what i need is when we i select Sales person case i need the cbmonth to enable i've tried this me.cbmonth.enabled= (SalesPeriod = byMonth and BySalesPerson) but it doesn't work Any ideas anyone ??? Write it like this: me.cbmonth.enabled= (Me.SalesPeriod = "byMonth" Or Me.SalesPeriod = "BySalesPerson") Note: I am assuming that SalesPeriod is a bound control on your form and that it has text data...