Create a COM Object Using VB Dll.

Hi All,
     Can any body suggest me how to create a COM dll using VB dll. i
am having good understanding on COM but i had never worked on a COM.
So can any body expalin me how to create a COM object using VB dll. if
any body expalin with sample snippets it will be very great help.

regards
Rasheed.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rasheed wrote:
> Hi All,
>      Can any body suggest me how to create a COM dll using VB dll. i
> am having good understanding on COM but i had never worked on a COM.
> So can any body expalin me how to create a COM object using VB dll. if
> any body expalin with sample snippets it will be very great help.

Rasheed:

Please don't multi-post. This is not an MFC question, so this is the wrong group.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

I don't have VB installed, but I think it has a wizard for creating COM controls (or do
you want ActiveX, which is a particular kind of COM control)
				joe

On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:48:12 -0700 (PDT), Rasheed <sk.rasheedfarhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>     Can any body suggest me how to create a COM dll using VB dll. i
>am having good understanding on COM but i had never worked on a COM.
>So can any body expalin me how to create a COM object using VB dll. if
>any body expalin with sample snippets it will be very great help.
>

>regards
>Rasheed.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
5/27/2008 1:21:17 AM
"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> There's no reason you can't create a COM component using VB, but that's a
> VB question.
> Post it in a VB newsgroup.
>
> I don't have VB installed, but I think it has a wizard for creating COM
> controls (or do
> you want ActiveX, which is a particular kind of COM control)

If with "VB" you mean the "classic" Visual Basic, e.g. Visual Basic 6, I
think that *every* DLL component that you build with VB is a *COM* DLL.

I don't know about VB.NET ...

I think that a good newsgroup to post this question for VB.NET is:

  microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

For classic VB there might be something in microsoft.public.vb.*...

Giovanni

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

event sink for CHtmlEditCtrl object
Hi guys I have to provide HTML edit/preview functionality in my application. I have tried using both the DHTML edit control for IE5 activeX control and CHtmlEditCtrl object. Initially when I added DHTML Edit activeX control to my probject in MFC resource editor, I was able to properly process the events raised by the control by declaring DECLARE_EVENTSINK_MAP and implementing BEGIN_EVENTSINK_MAP( ...)/ END_EVENTSINK_MAP() in the parent dialog class. (also event pre-processing using ON_EVENT_REFLECT(...)) Now I want to utilize CHTMLEditCtrl and dynamically paste the html window on my dialog...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

SBS2003 + Internet Explorer
We have a customer who has an SBS 2003 Premium server with ISA 2004 They have just installed a bolt on to Outlook which searches their mailboxes or something. They have discovered that they cannot get this to work unless the untick the 'Use automatic configuration script' in Internet Explorer. Trouble is each time they re-boot a PC the tick comes back, so sounds like it's a policy setting somewhere. What is this ? Where is it configured and what are the implications of turning it off ? Could it be that rather than turn it off whatever it is ought to be con...

COM Add-Ins stopped working
Hi, yesterday at some point I closed Outlook and was surprised to find it hadn't checked for mail in a long time. As a result I got about 20 spam messages in my inbox and right after that Outlook closed. It wasn't long after that that I restarted Outlook, hoping SpamBayes would get to work and start cleaning the mess up. It didn't. Just a bunch of new spam and absolutely no automatic functionality whatsoever from SpamBayes. I tried to open the spambayes menu, I tried clicking its buttons, but none of them would react. I even re-installed SpamBayes to no avail. Then I went to check...

Do NOT want Shape Objects to automatically link
In Word 2007, I have been trying to create a document using the Shapes and Text Box objects. Each time I try to insert another shape or Text box it automatically links to the one before. So when I move one the other one moves and if I delete one the other one is also deleted. I have looked through the options but cannot find why this is happening. I have Word 2007 installed on another computer and it does not do that. Any suggestions as to why or better yet, how can I stop this from happening? Thanks Karen This is a form of document corruption. See http://word.mvps.org...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

MSOE.DLL won't load
I've had to scrub my hard drive of a trojan (installed in another computer as a secondary fixed drive), then trying to open Outlook Express I get the message that "OUTLOOK could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded." I have version 5.5, which has passed into the extended support phase of its lifecycle. At this stage, MS have removed some of the articles applying to this problem. Is it possible to get a copy of the article: 256219 OLEXP: How to Manually Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook Express 5 Thanks ...

Any suggestions on how to create a simple monogram?
I'm trying to create a simple monogram, and was hoping for some suggestions. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks. Probably WordArt if you are using Publisher. There are lots of alphabets on the ClipArt site. You can ungroup them and manipulate the letters into a monogram. What initials are you using? http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmarnett" <cmarnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91315A55-2E5A-4151-8D3D-54F94785A3E4@...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Creating a basic phone followup
I am very new to this CRM product. I have set up a letter campaign to a small group of potential customers and I'd like to create a phone call tracking list for my phone follow ups. What is the quickest/best way to achieve this? ...

Manufacturing BOM Where Used query
Winthin manufacturing there is a where-used inquiry window that will show all BOMs that a given item appears in. You can also expand that view to see what BOMs and item's parent is used in. Some of our BOMs are 10 layers deep. In our environment we need to know which category of finished goods each purchased item is used in. Currently we maintain this manually and store the info in an inventory user-defined field. Over time as the number of our finished goods and purchased parts has increased this has become an unmangeable process. I need to find a way to query the BOM tables a...

How to prevent the same program from running twice using vc?
Try this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/article.php/c299 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:#gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Checkout Bob's tip on this subject at http://bobmoore.mvps.org/Win32/w32tip7.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23gTQPBglEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > See also my essay on my MVP Tips site. joe On Wed, 8 Sep 2...

Combing Text with Ex. Field Name to Create A New Field Name....I Think?
Hello, I have a query that will return data from a table, and another query. Here is my question. This is an existing fuel database. It runs on a keylock system so there are keys numbered A1 to C10. The table returns a sum of fuel based on a key (for example A1). I have a set of fields from another existing query labelled DIFFA1, DIFFA2, etc. What I would like to do is return the value for "DIFFA1" when I am returning the information from Key A1. I would like to set up an expression something to the effect of: Expr1: "DIFF" & [Key] I did this and it returns the ...

east stroudsburg, pa clssmates.com
jeramie bellmay subed htt://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.?regId=8709814469 "jeramie francis" wrote: > jeramie bellmay subed > > htt://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.?regId=8709814469 > "jeramie francis" wrote: > > > "jeramie francis" wrote: > no facebook > no clssmates > > jeramie bellmay subed questions >> > > > > htt://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.?regId=8709814469 > > ...

Create field from append query based on linked table name
Here's the setup: Two linked tables called 'PHD' and 'XANS' bring in daily data from two CSV files. A union table-query puts the common data in both into the same name fields. This table-query is called 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE'. I then created a new table called 'SOLS_MAIN' and I ran an append query called 'SOLS_DATA_APPEND' to append the data in the table-query, 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE' into the new table, 'SOLS_MAIN'. The main reason for this was so that I could assign my data a primary key. Even though I have achieved my goal of merging the da...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use
Sometimes Entourage 10.1.4 shows the message: "Microsoft Office X cannot start because MS Office is already in use. A Office program is being used by MYNAME. Your installation exceeds..." It's crazy because I'm the only user with OSX (10.3.2) and Office X is installed only on my Mac!!! It seems that it happens when Entourage run scheduled actions (i.e. Send and Receive). Pls help me. Thanx. -- Buz ...

Using a value from a cell inside a formula!
Hi! I've got two cells that contain the start and end row of a matrix in sheet. I want to use these row numbers in a =COUNT.IF formula to count th number of specified instances in this matrix. But my problem is this; how can I use the values in the two cell inside the COUNT.IF formula?? I should look something like this; =COUNT.IF(F"cell1":F"cell2";"=argument") As you can see, the column (F) is specified in the formula but the ro number needs to be fetched from cell1 and cell2. Can anyone help me with the correct syntax? Thanks! -M -- marsupilam --...

how to create a phone directory on labels
I want to make a new phone direcotry list with lablels. I only want first and last name and home phone and cell phone on the list so it will fit on labels that I can put in my flip phone book. I need step by step instructions on how to do this. Thanks. Mary Jane example John Doe 310-322-1311 418-234-1234 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx 2007 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mary Jane" <Mary Jane@disc...

ActiveX component can't create object
I am installing Dynamics 7.5 on a new dell optiplex gx620. When running forms with VBA I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object" before the window opens. And then the error continues as you use the form. I have tried copying the VBA file from other working computers with no luck. I have checked the references in the VB and all that are checked on other working machines are checked on this new Dell. Any ideas? I have 2 new dells that this is not working on I would suspect the O/S rather than the hardware. What operating system are these new machines running? ...

IE crashing when using CRM 3
some users are experiencing a lot of IE crashes when using CRM3.0.5300.0 This is when clicking around the CRM and I have a screenshot of the CRM as it crashed if anyone needs this... The diagnostic is below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="iexplore.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY"> <MATCHING_FILE NAME="HMMAPI.DLL" SIZE="38912" CHECKSUM="0xD85D870C" BIN_FILE_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="6.00....

Filter to specify which account is used according to email address?
I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails. So my question is: Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be sent using a yahoo account? Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko And my question is, what version of Outlook are you using? The answer = is t...

How to create first sheet as a list of names of remaining sheets?
I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. Hi Datanull, You might look at David McRitchie's 'Build Table of Contents' page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm --- Regards, Norman <datanull@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1117217081.633053.269190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the > list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. > or... My Excel add-in "Excel Extras" -Table o...