CPropertySheet - dynamic pages in wizard mode

.... again ... but none of the answers I can find is useful ...

The documentation for CPropertyPage::OnWizardNext says you can insert a page
like this:

    // Since CPropertySheet() always adds new pages to the end of
    // its propertypage list, we have to remove all pages starting
    // at index 1 (original location for the second page).  Then,
    // add them back one at a time.
    for (int i = 1; i < count; i++)
       sheet->RemovePage(i);

    for (i = 1; i < arr_size; i++)
       sheet->AddPage(m_PropPageArray[i]);

However this doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is:

(1) Suppose a later page has already been displayed, you've moved back to an
earlier page, and want to insert a new page before the later page.

(2) You run the above code to insert the new page. This calls RemovePage
followed by AddPage for the later page, and the suggestion in this
documentation is that that puts it page how it was but at a different point
in the sequence.

(3) The problem is that the RemovePage destoys the page (in particular you
see WM_DESTROY being sent to the controls on the page) ...

(4) ... so when you eventually re-enter the later page your OnSetActive
crashes because it tries to do things to controls that don't exist any more
....

(5) ... and the usual mechanism with m_bFirstSetActive doesn't work round
this because the CPropertyPage wrapper hasn't realised that its controls
have been destroyed and hasn't reset its own state (including
m_bFirstSetActive) accordingly.

Which rather suggests that whoever documented that mechanism hadn't actually
tried it.

So, is there actually any way at all to change the order of pages in wizard
mode then?

(Yes I know about returning different values from OnWizardNext /
OnWizardBack but

- who's to say that that doesn't similarly suffer from some complicated
nasty
- as it works by IDD it's useless if your wizard contains more than one page
constructed from the same dialog template anyway.)

(Yes I realise I could modify the documented RemovePage / AddPage mechanism
to delete the later page and recreated it with new, but I would then have to
recreate all state in the C++ page object and in the controls which could
end up as a lot of work and very messy.)

--
Tim Ward
Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk


0
tw2 (223)
10/7/2005 10:01:52 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1714 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 12

I think what you are trying to avoid is have to recreate your pages over and
over because they will loose their states.
The only way I can see around the problem is to add all your pages at the
begining and use the SetActivePage in your Pages OnWizardNext method to skip
pages on some conditions.

I didn't know that the return value of OnWizardNext was a ID of the dialog,
it thought it was the index, and it was a mistake in the documentation, I'll
test that out.  If it is the way you say it is, it's not very practical

AliR.


"Tim Ward" <tw2@ipaccess.com> wrote in message
news:3qmvcgFfmpcaU1@individual.net...
> ... again ... but none of the answers I can find is useful ...
>
> The documentation for CPropertyPage::OnWizardNext says you can insert a
page
> like this:
>
>     // Since CPropertySheet() always adds new pages to the end of
>     // its propertypage list, we have to remove all pages starting
>     // at index 1 (original location for the second page).  Then,
>     // add them back one at a time.
>     for (int i = 1; i < count; i++)
>        sheet->RemovePage(i);
>
>     for (i = 1; i < arr_size; i++)
>        sheet->AddPage(m_PropPageArray[i]);
>
> However this doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is:
>
> (1) Suppose a later page has already been displayed, you've moved back to
an
> earlier page, and want to insert a new page before the later page.
>
> (2) You run the above code to insert the new page. This calls RemovePage
> followed by AddPage for the later page, and the suggestion in this
> documentation is that that puts it page how it was but at a different
point
> in the sequence.
>
> (3) The problem is that the RemovePage destoys the page (in particular you
> see WM_DESTROY being sent to the controls on the page) ...
>
> (4) ... so when you eventually re-enter the later page your OnSetActive
> crashes because it tries to do things to controls that don't exist any
more
> ...
>
> (5) ... and the usual mechanism with m_bFirstSetActive doesn't work round
> this because the CPropertyPage wrapper hasn't realised that its controls
> have been destroyed and hasn't reset its own state (including
> m_bFirstSetActive) accordingly.
>
> Which rather suggests that whoever documented that mechanism hadn't
actually
> tried it.
>
> So, is there actually any way at all to change the order of pages in
wizard
> mode then?
>
> (Yes I know about returning different values from OnWizardNext /
> OnWizardBack but
>
> - who's to say that that doesn't similarly suffer from some complicated
> nasty
> - as it works by IDD it's useless if your wizard contains more than one
page
> constructed from the same dialog template anyway.)
>
> (Yes I realise I could modify the documented RemovePage / AddPage
mechanism
> to delete the later page and recreated it with new, but I would then have
to
> recreate all state in the C++ page object and in the controls which could
> end up as a lot of work and very messy.)
>
> --
> Tim Ward
> Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk
>
>


0
AliR3470 (3236)
10/7/2005 8:08:18 PM
Create one of each page type in your sheet and use AddPage to add them.

In OnWizardBack and OnWizardNext in each page you return the ID_ of the page you 
want to display next.

You can setup the details for the page in OnSetActive.

It is up to you to know what context you are working in and what is to be 
displayed at a certain time. Usually, you set up data in the Sheet to work this out.

Tim Ward wrote:
> ... again ... but none of the answers I can find is useful ...
> 
> The documentation for CPropertyPage::OnWizardNext says you can insert a page
> like this:
> 
>     // Since CPropertySheet() always adds new pages to the end of
>     // its propertypage list, we have to remove all pages starting
>     // at index 1 (original location for the second page).  Then,
>     // add them back one at a time.
>     for (int i = 1; i < count; i++)
>        sheet->RemovePage(i);
> 
>     for (i = 1; i < arr_size; i++)
>        sheet->AddPage(m_PropPageArray[i]);
> 
> However this doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is:
> 
> (1) Suppose a later page has already been displayed, you've moved back to an
> earlier page, and want to insert a new page before the later page.
> 
> (2) You run the above code to insert the new page. This calls RemovePage
> followed by AddPage for the later page, and the suggestion in this
> documentation is that that puts it page how it was but at a different point
> in the sequence.
> 
> (3) The problem is that the RemovePage destoys the page (in particular you
> see WM_DESTROY being sent to the controls on the page) ...
> 
> (4) ... so when you eventually re-enter the later page your OnSetActive
> crashes because it tries to do things to controls that don't exist any more
> ...
> 
> (5) ... and the usual mechanism with m_bFirstSetActive doesn't work round
> this because the CPropertyPage wrapper hasn't realised that its controls
> have been destroyed and hasn't reset its own state (including
> m_bFirstSetActive) accordingly.
> 
> Which rather suggests that whoever documented that mechanism hadn't actually
> tried it.
> 
> So, is there actually any way at all to change the order of pages in wizard
> mode then?
> 
> (Yes I know about returning different values from OnWizardNext /
> OnWizardBack but
> 
> - who's to say that that doesn't similarly suffer from some complicated
> nasty
> - as it works by IDD it's useless if your wizard contains more than one page
> constructed from the same dialog template anyway.)
> 
> (Yes I realise I could modify the documented RemovePage / AddPage mechanism
> to delete the later page and recreated it with new, but I would then have to
> recreate all state in the C++ page object and in the controls which could
> end up as a lot of work and very messy.)
> 
> --
> Tim Ward
> Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk
> 
> 
0
isemmel (236)
10/7/2005 8:34:22 PM
He is trying to get around the problem that OnWizardNext's return value is a
Dialog ID, since he might have more than one dialog with the same ID!

> > (Yes I know about returning different values from OnWizardNext /
> > OnWizardBack but
> >
> > - who's to say that that doesn't similarly suffer from some complicated
> > nasty
> > - as it works by IDD it's useless if your wizard contains more than one
page
> > constructed from the same dialog template anyway.)

"Ian Semmel" <isemmel@removejunkmailrocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message
news:OFdVC63yFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Create one of each page type in your sheet and use AddPage to add them.
>
> In OnWizardBack and OnWizardNext in each page you return the ID_ of the
page you
> want to display next.
>
> You can setup the details for the page in OnSetActive.
>
> It is up to you to know what context you are working in and what is to be
> displayed at a certain time. Usually, you set up data in the Sheet to work
this out.
>
> Tim Ward wrote:
> > ... again ... but none of the answers I can find is useful ...
> >
> > The documentation for CPropertyPage::OnWizardNext says you can insert a
page
> > like this:
> >
> >     // Since CPropertySheet() always adds new pages to the end of
> >     // its propertypage list, we have to remove all pages starting
> >     // at index 1 (original location for the second page).  Then,
> >     // add them back one at a time.
> >     for (int i = 1; i < count; i++)
> >        sheet->RemovePage(i);
> >
> >     for (i = 1; i < arr_size; i++)
> >        sheet->AddPage(m_PropPageArray[i]);
> >
> > However this doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is:
> >
> > (1) Suppose a later page has already been displayed, you've moved back
to an
> > earlier page, and want to insert a new page before the later page.
> >
> > (2) You run the above code to insert the new page. This calls RemovePage
> > followed by AddPage for the later page, and the suggestion in this
> > documentation is that that puts it page how it was but at a different
point
> > in the sequence.
> >
> > (3) The problem is that the RemovePage destoys the page (in particular
you
> > see WM_DESTROY being sent to the controls on the page) ...
> >
> > (4) ... so when you eventually re-enter the later page your OnSetActive
> > crashes because it tries to do things to controls that don't exist any
more
> > ...
> >
> > (5) ... and the usual mechanism with m_bFirstSetActive doesn't work
round
> > this because the CPropertyPage wrapper hasn't realised that its controls
> > have been destroyed and hasn't reset its own state (including
> > m_bFirstSetActive) accordingly.
> >
> > Which rather suggests that whoever documented that mechanism hadn't
actually
> > tried it.
> >
> > So, is there actually any way at all to change the order of pages in
wizard
> > mode then?
> >
> > (Yes I know about returning different values from OnWizardNext /
> > OnWizardBack but
> >
> > - who's to say that that doesn't similarly suffer from some complicated
> > nasty
> > - as it works by IDD it's useless if your wizard contains more than one
page
> > constructed from the same dialog template anyway.)
> >
> > (Yes I realise I could modify the documented RemovePage / AddPage
mechanism
> > to delete the later page and recreated it with new, but I would then
have to
> > recreate all state in the C++ page object and in the controls which
could
> > end up as a lot of work and very messy.)
> >
> > --
> > Tim Ward
> > Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk
> >
> >


0
AliR3470 (3236)
10/7/2005 9:20:35 PM
I use this method in wizards often and do not have trouble with it.

In the sheet, I have an array of ID's and indexes along with a GetNextPageID 
function that checks state - backwards or forwards and returns the 
appropriate 'next' page base on the current state. Admittedly its not too 
complex as the most major decision in the wizard sequence is a 'So you want 
to create a XXXX of type YYYY' that occurs usually after about 2 or 3 tabs.

- Tim


"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
news:4346d5fc$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
>I think what you are trying to avoid is have to recreate your pages over 
>and
> over because they will loose their states.
> The only way I can see around the problem is to add all your pages at the
> begining and use the SetActivePage in your Pages OnWizardNext method to 
> skip
> pages on some conditions.
>
> I didn't know that the return value of OnWizardNext was a ID of the 
> dialog,
> it thought it was the index, and it was a mistake in the documentation, 
> I'll
> test that out.  If it is the way you say it is, it's not very practical
>
> AliR.
>
>
> "Tim Ward" <tw2@ipaccess.com> wrote in message
> news:3qmvcgFfmpcaU1@individual.net...
>> ... again ... but none of the answers I can find is useful ...
>>
>> The documentation for CPropertyPage::OnWizardNext says you can insert a
> page
>> like this:
>>
>>     // Since CPropertySheet() always adds new pages to the end of
>>     // its propertypage list, we have to remove all pages starting
>>     // at index 1 (original location for the second page).  Then,
>>     // add them back one at a time.
>>     for (int i = 1; i < count; i++)
>>        sheet->RemovePage(i);
>>
>>     for (i = 1; i < arr_size; i++)
>>        sheet->AddPage(m_PropPageArray[i]);
>>
>> However this doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is:
>>
>> (1) Suppose a later page has already been displayed, you've moved back to
> an
>> earlier page, and want to insert a new page before the later page.
>>
>> (2) You run the above code to insert the new page. This calls RemovePage
>> followed by AddPage for the later page, and the suggestion in this
>> documentation is that that puts it page how it was but at a different
> point
>> in the sequence.
>>
>> (3) The problem is that the RemovePage destoys the page (in particular 
>> you
>> see WM_DESTROY being sent to the controls on the page) ...
>>
>> (4) ... so when you eventually re-enter the later page your OnSetActive
>> crashes because it tries to do things to controls that don't exist any
> more
>> ...
>>
>> (5) ... and the usual mechanism with m_bFirstSetActive doesn't work round
>> this because the CPropertyPage wrapper hasn't realised that its controls
>> have been destroyed and hasn't reset its own state (including
>> m_bFirstSetActive) accordingly.
>>
>> Which rather suggests that whoever documented that mechanism hadn't
> actually
>> tried it.
>>
>> So, is there actually any way at all to change the order of pages in
> wizard
>> mode then?
>>
>> (Yes I know about returning different values from OnWizardNext /
>> OnWizardBack but
>>
>> - who's to say that that doesn't similarly suffer from some complicated
>> nasty
>> - as it works by IDD it's useless if your wizard contains more than one
> page
>> constructed from the same dialog template anyway.)
>>
>> (Yes I realise I could modify the documented RemovePage / AddPage
> mechanism
>> to delete the later page and recreated it with new, but I would then have
> to
>> recreate all state in the C++ page object and in the controls which could
>> end up as a lot of work and very messy.)
>>
>> --
>> Tim Ward
>> Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Tim
10/8/2005 7:01:17 AM
"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
news:4346d5fc$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
> I think what you are trying to avoid is have to recreate your pages over
and
> over because they will loose their states.
> The only way I can see around the problem is to add all your pages at the
> begining and use the SetActivePage in your Pages OnWizardNext method to
skip
> pages on some conditions.

That works, provided that the complete set of possible pages is known at
dialog creation time, which as it happens is the case for all my current set
of wizards, so I've recoded it that way. Pity the documentation is wrong
isn't it.

This copes with

- several pages based on the same dialog template
- changing your mind about the order of pages and whether pages are skipped
as the user progresses through the wizard

I have seen a post somewhere that this method fails if you add pages
dynamically rather that at dialog creation time, but I haven't tried this
for myself so don't know whether that's true. None of my wizards currently
requires this, I can always predict the maximal set of possible pages at
creation time and create them all even if most of them end up never being
used.

--
Tim Ward
Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk


0
tw2 (223)
10/10/2005 9:48:28 AM
I am not sure why you would want to add a page dynamically after the sheet 
has been created when you have added a certain number during creation - 
apart from the fact that the documentation may lead you to believe this is a 
normal thing to do (which seems reasonable). As indicated already, AddPage 
all of them and selectively provide Next and Prior according to your needs. 
You have to know all the pages at coding time... so this is not an issue.

Another method that I considered using was a Tree or List / splitter / child 
dialog forms with the List (or Tree) showing the currently active sequece of 
'Tabs' to show however decided against it as while it would have been 
informative, it would have provided the user with an excess of info. In this 
case the Tree or List becomes the Selector for the form to show on the RHS 
of the splitter. I have complete applications that use this as a UI (EG one 
is an Asset Management system) where the Assets are shown in a tree on the 
left with varying levels reflecting ownership / parent / child and also 
branches by category of asset. When a node is selected the system shows the 
appropriate form type (which is also tabbed) using child dialogs. Quite a 
neat UI format.

Using dialogs as child windows opens many options for the UI in forms based 
systems as you can use a very wide variety of methods of showing Menus, 
Data, Actions, Reports etc in trees, menus, lists with splitters and the 
child dialogs.

Another method that I use in the "Maintain xxx Form" variant - where the 
Wizard does the Create of the xxx ojbect type. It is a Tabbed (non Wizard) 
format where I put a Red X as the icon for tabs that are inappropriate for 
this 'object' type and prevent the selection of these tabs using the 
TCN_SELCHANGE message. Obviously not suitable in situations where the 
majority of tabs may be inappropriate for a given object type.

- Tim



"Tim Ward" <tw2@ipaccess.com> wrote in message 
news:3qurncFgquhlU1@individual.net...
> "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> news:4346d5fc$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
>> I think what you are trying to avoid is have to recreate your pages over
> and
>> over because they will loose their states.
>> The only way I can see around the problem is to add all your pages at the
>> begining and use the SetActivePage in your Pages OnWizardNext method to
> skip
>> pages on some conditions.
>
> That works, provided that the complete set of possible pages is known at
> dialog creation time, which as it happens is the case for all my current 
> set
> of wizards, so I've recoded it that way. Pity the documentation is wrong
> isn't it.
>
> This copes with
>
> - several pages based on the same dialog template
> - changing your mind about the order of pages and whether pages are 
> skipped
> as the user progresses through the wizard
>
> I have seen a post somewhere that this method fails if you add pages
> dynamically rather that at dialog creation time, but I haven't tried this
> for myself so don't know whether that's true. None of my wizards currently
> requires this, I can always predict the maximal set of possible pages at
> creation time and create them all even if most of them end up never being
> used.
>
> --
> Tim Ward
> Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk
>
> 


0
Tim
10/19/2005 12:35:30 AM
"Tim" <Tim@NoSpam> wrote in message
news:Oa6AEUE1FHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I am not sure why you would want to add a page dynamically after the sheet
> has been created when you have added a certain number during creation -
> apart from the fact that the documentation may lead you to believe this is
a
> normal thing to do (which seems reasonable).

A user's entry on one page might determine the number of subsequent pages.
EG if the user enters on page 1 that he wants to create 13 subsidiary
widgets you might want to add a "subsidiary widget attributes" page for
each, and you'd have no way of knowing in advance that you were going to
need 13 of them rather than none or 27.

I don't currently have that requirement ... but only because my client
hasn't thought of it yet, there *is* somewhere in the system where this
could be useful.

--
Tim Ward
Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk


0
tw2 (223)
10/21/2005 11:30:17 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Dynamics GP 9.0 Install for Client workstations
Very Disappointed. I created the msi file to send to the workstations. The client launched the file, it loaded Utilities, but needed the sa password to continue. I still had to go to the client's workstation to put this in. I also had to change the OLE notes and the Shared location of the reports.dic I was misinformed by Microsoft back in October 2005 that the installer package handled all of this information, thus making it a true client pushdown/pull. If it's a brand new install on a workstation, you must also create the ODBC client. Also, I cannot put anything from dis...

Outlook 2003
When starting Outlook 2003 I get a message to say that it encountered a problem and needs to close - send error report or dont send. Either response brings up another dialog box advising that Outlook failed to start correctly last time and that I should start in safe mode to help correct or isolate a start up problem etc. Choices are - do you want to start Outlook in safe mode - yes or no. The no response returns me to the previous dialogue box while the yes response starts up Outlook in safe mode with all of its limitations (eg, not able to attach a file with an outgoing emai...

M2004: Change name on home page?
I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home Page". How can I change the name that appears there? -Rod > I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home > Page". How can I change the name that appears there? Figures... I always seem to find a solution right after posting a question! Click Accounts & Bills, Account Setup, Update Personal Information. -Rod ...

Mode and If Statments
I tried to search for this and found something similar but it didn't work for me. I have a worksheet that has a set of data with dates B1...11/30/05 E1...5.2 B2...11/30/05 E2...4.18 B3...11/30/05 E3...4.18 B4...12/1/05 E4...4.18 B5...12/2/05 E5...6.7 B6...12/2/05 E6...6.7 B7...12/2/05 E7...6.8 This would be a running list of dates as the year goes on. Sometimes a date could have as many as 20+ entrys in the B & E columns for a day. The number of entrys per day is never consistant and I am having trouble making a mode for...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

unwanted blank pages in document
Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. Do I have any way of accessing them? Is it set up as a booklet? -- Don Vancouver, USA "PhysWhiz" <PhysWhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58DB94F-8C81-48C8-B7B9-E55EC0BEF593@microsoft.com... > Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank > pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. > Do I have any way of accessin...

Why doesn't the page preview have the same order as work page?
Why doesn't the preveiw page look like the one I built on the work pages. I have "saved as" and "saved. The nagagation bars in preview goes to different pages than titled. HELP!!!!!! ...

WebBrowser in "Browse View" mode
I’m using a sub-class of CHtmlEditCtrl in a VC++ dialog box. The only thing it does is display an HTML resource (due to the following override): virtual LPCTSTR GetStartDocument() { TCHAR lpszModule[_MAX_PATH]; if (GetModuleFileName(AfxGetResourceHandle(), lpszModule, _MAX_PATH)) { m_strHtmlAbout.Format(_T("res://%s/%d"), lpszModule, m_nIdHtml); } return m_strHtmlAbout; } Which tells the WebBrowser control to load "document" from a resource out of the executable. This works just fine. The problem I’m having is that the HTML page being displayed has a hyper lin...

Dynamic Hyperlinking ?
Hi, I need to burn some files ( Word,PPTs,PDFs, etc) onto a CD. These are referenced using hyperlinks in excel. Is there a way to maintain the hyperlink while burning the CD, so that the hypelinks still work while on the the CD ?? Also, is there a way to embed Word/PDF/PPT files into an Excel Sheet and then Hyperlink it. So it all is stored in One BIG excel file . Thanks, Create a user function resulting in the path / filename of the excel sheet, and use that in your hyperlink destination. That way, if the files on CD are in the same (relative) location, it should still work after burn...

Printing only a disclaimer on the even pages of a report
I have a report that must have a disclaimer on the back of each page (no data just verbage). Can someone tell me how to set this up please. TIA for the help. Steve ...

How do I find the inside page in the 3-panel brochure.
I am trying to make a 3-panel brochure and all that seems to be available is the side shown in the brochure options. When I print, it prints both sides yet I can see no way to access the inside part. Thanks. View, status bar... this will allow you to change page views, you will see the page tabs at the bottom of the screen. I am not sure I know what you are asking. Are you saying you are printing the brochure sight unseen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "springmtn" <springmtn@discussions.microsoft.co...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

Table Indexes after upgrade to Dynamics GP v9
After upgrading to Dynamics GP we received an error that was due to "Index 'AK6GL00100' on table 'GMI.dbo.GL00100' does not exist". While troubleshooting this problem I found that there were not any clustered indexes on my GL00100 or GL00105 tables. So, I found the Indexes.cmp in the SQL\Install\0\Company on the server and tried to load the indexes for those tables from that file. That's when I discovered that the indexes in this file were not consistent with our account framework and assumed only 5 segments were in use. Thus, the reason why they failed to loa...

Header
I have a spreadsheet that prints out on 3 pages of A4. However, the header prints at the top of each page. How do I get it to print at the top of the first page, only, please? Gareth -- For essential news about Huddersfield Town Football Club join the Terriers Mailing List at www.Terriers.me.uk . Two separate print jobs are required. You can use a macro to speed it up but it is still two print jobs. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:46:28 +0100, "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote: >I ...

Automatic Dynamic Chart Ranges
Hi: I have an XY plot that refers to a set range of values on my worksheet In this case, it is 8 rows long. I chose 8 rows because that is th maximum number of data points that I will ever need. I have set up th chart values so that they are dynamically calculated based on VLOOKUP from other data. Sometimes there are only 2 data points, sometimes or 6. The problem is that no matter how I set up the formulas, Exce does not like the cells without values in them being included in th chart series (I have hardwired it to include all 8 rows). I thought i might ignore a blank ("" in ...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

Emailing a Web Page from Outlook
I'm trying to email a web page from Outlook and when I select File, Send, Page by Email, the Outlook Express is opens vs Outlook. I have checked and under Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Outlook is selected as the email program and when I click on an email link on a web site Outook opens. Any ideas why for emailing a page, OE opens vs Outlook. Much thx! try setting it to OE, apply, then reset it to Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http...

Dynamics GP 9 on an Ultra Mobile PC
Just an FYI, Dynamics GP 9 seems to run just fine on a Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC. I can definitely see some warehouse and retail applications for these types of devices down the road. No rewriting of software for a Pocket PC, built in touch screen, Wifi and bluetooth. Mark Polino (DynamicAccounting.net) That's great - thanks for testing it out and letting us know Mark!! -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Mark Polino" <mark@mpolino.com-nospam> wrote in message news:ADF8821E-51D2-481F-BDB5-DB0D914CF412@microsoft.com... > Just an FYI, Dynamics GP 9 seems to run just fine ...

Any one have opening in Ms Dynamics CRM in US?
Any one have opening in Ms Dynamics CRM in US? ...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Deploying Report Manager with SSL leaves Help pages as http
Hi, I have an SQL 2005 Reporting Services box that is firewalled and only accessible via https. Reporting Services are therefore configured to require SSL connections (required for 3- All SOAP APIs). This is working perfectly. Unfortunately, the help pages are still advertised with an http link. This doesn't work due to the firewalls and produces an error message. There is a workaround - the users can manually edit the url in the address bar and then the help pages are accessed fine with https. In other words, IIS is correctly serving the https format, but the Reporting Se...

VC++6.0: Access violation while creating wizard with PropertySheet
I'm attempting to create a wizard using the tutorial at http://devcentral.iftech.com/articles/MFC/wizards/default.php. I've gotten as far as creating a dialog, associating it with a class derived from CPropertyPage, and adding that to a CPropertySheet dialog. Also, I call SetWizardMode in the appropriate place. It runs fine on XP. On ME, I get an access violation the SECOND time I run it, not the first. The accessviolation happens after calling CWizardDlg's DoModal method, specifically when the PropertySheet function is called. Once I get the access violation, I keep get...

What is procedure to exit formula auditing mode?
Please advise. Thanks, Doug To remove the arrows ? <Alt> <T> <U> <A> Not really a shortcut though. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "W8" <W8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99B64142-8037-43F4-BDB1-AF7170EF54EC@microsoft.com... Please advise. Thanks, Doug Type Ctrl+` (Grave Accent) to toggle formula auditing mode on/off or go to Tools>Formula Auditing>Formula Auditing Mode. HTH |:&g...

Six Page Newsletter
I want to have a 6 page newsletter using one B size paper for pages 1,2, and 5 and 6. And one A size paper for pages 3 and 4. Is there a way to do this with one file. When tried this before I ended up having 2 files. One for the B size paper and one for the A size. Thank you There may be other ways but here's what comes to mind; Build the two pub files, convert them to pdf and then join the two pdf files into one file. Send out the newsletter as a pdf attachment. -- Don Vancouver USA "pestocat" <gel114@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:enU$gq0UGHA.528...

[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!
Hello, can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on several pages.) Thanks! Frank Will your printer print a large format poster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message news:c9078d$h9b$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on > several pages.) > > Thanks! Fran...