Converting from 6.0 to VS2005

I have a clean compile but when I try to link I get bunch of unresolved
external symbol _DebugTrapFn

Any ideas what I'm missing please ?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

A .lib file.  Who defines that function?

A strong hint is the name of the module that it is unresolved in, but you didn't bother to
tell us that.
					joe

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:33:05 -0800, "Michael Tissington" <mtissington@newsgroup.nospam>
wrote:

>I have a clean compile but when I try to link I get bunch of unresolved
>external symbol _DebugTrapFn
>
>Any ideas what I'm missing please ?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
2/6/2007 3:16:01 AM
its wasn't a matter of not bothering to tell you - vs2005 did not tell me -
it was referenced a number of times in a number of my files, however it must
be hidden deep in a macro defined in something of Microsoft because I have
never seen it before the conversion from 6.0 to 2005

>A .lib file.  Who defines that function?
>
> A strong hint is the name of the module that it is unresolved in, but you
> didn't bother to
> tell us that.
> joe
>
> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:33:05 -0800, "Michael Tissington"
> <mtissington@newsgroup.nospam>
> wrote:
>
>>I have a clean compile but when I try to link I get bunch of unresolved
>>external symbol _DebugTrapFn
>>
>>Any ideas what I'm missing please ?
>>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Hi,
Thanks for using Microsoft MSDN Managed Newsgroup.
This is a quick note to let you know that I have replied you under your
other post at microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging. Please post back
under that post.

The linked error indicated that the mapi32.lib was not correctly included
into your project after your project was converted from VC6.0 to VC8.0.
Please manually copy the mapi32.lib to the valid library path of your VC8.0
project and then rebuild your project.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other
questions or concerns.

Sincerely yours,
Charles Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

from this issue.

changliw (164)
2/6/2007 8:45:43 AM
But the usual message says that file thus-and-such referenced symbol so-and-so.  You gave
us half the information.  The other half is often very useful to track down the problem,
because you can sometimes figure out if it is some internal C runtime call, some
third-party library, etc. just by knowing who issued the request for the call.  For
example, there are some internal functions in old VS6 code that do not exist (or even have
equivalents) in VS2005.  But without a hint, it is hard to tell exactly what is going on.

I searched the VS2005 .lib directory and didn't find the symbol, and the VS6 .lib
directory, and didn't find the symbol.  This suggests some third-party library that didn't
get included in the transition.  Typical cause is that the directory which is in the
library search path may not exist, or the global library search path was not updated for
some reason.
					joe
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 19:59:16 -0800, "Michael Tissington" <mtissington@newsgroup.nospam>
wrote:

>its wasn't a matter of not bothering to tell you - vs2005 did not tell me -
>it was referenced a number of times in a number of my files, however it must
>be hidden deep in a macro defined in something of Microsoft because I have
>never seen it before the conversion from 6.0 to 2005

>>A .lib file.  Who defines that function?
>>
>> A strong hint is the name of the module that it is unresolved in, but you
>> didn't bother to
>> tell us that.
>> joe
>>
>> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:33:05 -0800, "Michael Tissington"
>> <mtissington@newsgroup.nospam>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a clean compile but when I try to link I get bunch of unresolved
>>>external symbol _DebugTrapFn
>>>
>>>Any ideas what I'm missing please ?
>>>
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Reports missing from 3.0 UI
I have no reports showing up in my UI, if I go to the work place and click reports it gives me an error the page cannot be displayed. None of the UI shows any reports. The Depolyment manager show that it is pointing to the correct report Server. This is running SQL 2005. Should not there be reports sections in Sales and Marketing? Did I miss a step in the install? Mike go to your crm web server and open a browser to http://localhost/reports and see if you can seee you crm reports there. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/c...

Migrating SBF 8.0 to GP 8.0
Hi all, I am attempting to migrate a customers data from Small Business Financials 8.0 to Great Plains 8.0 using the migration utility on Partner Source. https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/migrationtools/sbf80togp80.htm?printpage=false Everything seems to run along happily until it tries to backup and restore the company database. The DYNAMICS database is successfully migrated to my GP instance. When the company database backup starts, I receive an error 'Timeout Expired'. Has anyone else seen this, and have a solution? Ron, If you are a microsoft partner, You ca...

CRM 4.0 email router hangs occassionally on Russian Spam mail
I often have to reset the CRM Email Router service because the service will get stuck on a particular email message, and the service hangs not knowing what to do with this email. This has happened several times over the last 2 months and there is an event log with the following information in it: Log Name: Application Source: MSCRMEmail Date: 11/10/2008 3:58:49 PM Event ID: 0 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: bltisvr12.biolase.net Description: #26234 - The E-mail Router service could not process a provid...

columns #6
two questions: 1. Is there a way to print the row numbers without printing the column letters. 2. Is there a way to limit how far down the scroll bar goes on EXCEL. Hi 1. You could use a helper column containing =ROW() to create your row numbers. 2. The scroll bar will go down to the end of your 'used range'. To reset your used range (if that is your problem) visit here for information http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Hope this helps. -- Andy. "frank" <mrfrank73@aol.com> wrote in message news:7fee01c431e7$374f0b30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > two ...

Convert VC++ 7.0 project to VC 6.0 project
Hi, I developed an test application in VS 2002. Because another used wizard to build an specific component was not able to work with this Version, I deinstalled the VS and installet the VS for VC++ 6.0. After a while I would test the component, so I would have to employ an test application. I had allready this application but in the wrong version. So I created a new dialogbased mfc application and copied the existing code to the new. I can compile the project but the linker can't find a used function and I don't know where to fix the problem. compiler message: Deleting intermediate f...

CRM 3.0 Development Environment
I am trying to create a Virtual PC development environment for CRM 3.0. I've seen all the posts about the CRM Virtual PC Demo and I was wondering if it would be a good starting place for me. Has anyone else tried to setup an development environment like this? Thanks. Jonathan The last VPC image I got from MS was a very nice dev environment as it already had VS.NET installed on it. Worked great. I think it had a one-year time bomb on it though. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jonathan Freeman" wrote: > I am trying to create a Virtual PC developmen...

Converting Text to Number in 2000
I have a spreadsheet that has a sum formula at the end of a column. Th problem is that the last 7 or 8 values being summed seem to be text. However, if you go to format cells they show up as numbers. In Offic XP you can simply click on the Green arrow in the upper left han corner and select convert to number. This fixes the problem and all i well. In 2000 this function is not available. Is there a way t convert these values without having to retype all the values in? Thanks Bdun -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select the cells. Give them a number format. Data/text to ...

Outlook Address Book #6
When trying to add new contact to Outlook Address Book, get �You cannot create entries for this Address Book� It will only allow me to save contacts to "Contacts". I believe this has something to do with having imported my contacts from Outlook Express...Any ideas? (I am using Office XP & Win XP pro.) Thanks in advance... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Nope. It's behaving as intended and it's telling you the truth. Contac...

eConnect 9.0 for Payroll
Hello: Can eConnect for GP 9.0 be used to bring in payroll employees master data as well as manual paychecks? I'm sure that it can do both and very well. But, I cannot find any documentation on PartnerSource on this. Does anyone have any thoughts or procedures on the use of eConnect with GP Payroll? Thanks! childofthe1980s download and install econnect. The help file contains the schema and xml node reference. UPR Computer Transaction schema will do payroll transactions I don't see a schema for manual checks in 9.0 v10 contains UPR Manual Transaction Schema HS "chi...

Readlog.exe for Win CE 5.0
Hi, I want to use Readlog.exe to convert a .clg file. The problem is that I can not find Readlog.exe from my development PC. Please help. Thank you. -- Best Regards, John Check out the following folder location in your DEV PC. D:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\BIN\I386 -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ "JH" <john.huang@icnexus.com.tw> wrote in message news:eBBc8oEtKHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to use Readlog.exe to convert a .clg file. The problem is that I > can not find Readlog.exe from ...

New Callout Model in V2.0
New Callout Model in V2.0 I am a Program Manager with the Microsoft CRM team and we are currently in the process of designing callouts for V2.0. I would like get some feedback from folks in this community on the new design and features. Overview of the design and features is as follows: 1. PreCallouts ========================================================== We will enable PreCallouts in addition to Post Callouts. PreCallouts will be able to abort the method call based on custom logic. 2. Additional methods supported ========================================================== In the cur...

Send emails via Server 2003 IIS 6.0 Default SMTP Virtual Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C50ABB.8E25A100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi:I can send out emails using Default SMTP Virtual Server in=20 IIS 6.0 Server 2003 to my internal email address without=20 any problem. =20 However, when I send it to our clients, some of them cannot receive it. When I send the message it gets bounced=20 back with the following message: Your mail system could not find a way to successfully=20 communicate with the destination system. Please notify=20 ...

eConnect 9.0 with GP 8.0
Hi all Is it possible to work eConnect 9.0 with GP 8.0 ? CP. CP, No, you need to match up the eConnect version with the GP version. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "C.P.Dinesh" <CPDinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D46C1839-C8C9-4A80-8763-4B8FC870EEEE@microsoft.com... > > Hi all > > Is it possible to work eConnect 9.0 with GP 8.0 ? > > CP. > > ...

web page converted to plain text
I am using XP Pro, qoutlook 2003 and Word 2003. When I send a web page from IE6 (the email Icon on the task bar) the message displays the wep page correctly. When it arrives the message format has been converted to plain text format. I am not attached to network. How do I stop the conversion? Are you sure the receiving end can receive HTML formatted mail and you are allowed to send HTML formatted mail by your ISP? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

How to fix account format sorting option in GP10.0
Hi, My client added a new company and found Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Account format>>Sorting option showing blank. They have another existing company showing correct sorting option. I understand that this setting needs to be defined when createing new company. Since they already have transactions in so that we can not do it over. Please advise if there is a way to fix this. Thanks in advance. Huan huan.cheng@calsoft.com This window displays the sorting options for the account framework during the original installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP. The sorting options ...

Track Changes #6
I'm trying to track the changes I made. Is there any way to turn the characters into blue or highlight the cell when I made changes? Thanks, I searched the old posts, there are some similar questions, but never got an answer. I guess the answer is "no". Please correct me if not. "winter" wrote: > I'm trying to track the changes I made. Is there any way to turn the > characters into blue or highlight the cell when I made changes? > > Thanks, > > Not using XL features. One could do it using VBA. In article <478A33F5-017E-4D4E-BD10...

Can Outlook 2003 use Messenge 6.2 instead of 4.7?
I just purchased a new computer this weekend (Dell, Windows XP Home SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled the Messenger v4.7 integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I loaded/upgraded to v6.2 of Messenger and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar. When I double-clicked it, it came up as v4.7 again! ...

HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable error in OWA via FE server
Hi, I happen to find myself in the same predicament as was described in these posts (when users log in to OWA using the forms based authentication page on the front end server, they get a Http:/1.0 503 Service Unavailable error): www.webservertalk.com/archive127-2004-4-190514.html I have tried all these: 1. Follow the KBA 282230 (XGEN: Error Message "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" on Multiple Web Sites on Single Server) 2. Check if the DNS entries are correct for the server returning the "HTTP 503 Service Unavailable" 3. Back up the IIS metabase, de...

why csv fields converted into dates
Hi I have a csv file with fields that look like this ,"20-10", this is being interpreted as a date when i open it in Excel. what do i need to do with this filed in order to make Excel consider it a text? I tried replacing the double quotes with a single quote like this: ,'20-10', but that makes the single quote appear in the cell in Excel, which is not what i want. please help. thanks hilz wrote: > I have a csv file with fields that look like this > ,"20-10", > this is being interpreted as a date when i open it in Excel. Hmm, that&#...

Converting OE 6.0 to Outlook 2000
Due to a recent crash I had to revert to my backup PC to get email, using OE 6.0 to get email. Now that I'm back up and running with my main system running Outlook 2000, I find I can't import email I from the Outlook 6.0 dbx files. Outlook 2000 only gives you the option of importing OE 4.x and 5.x, and when I try that option, nothing happens. It also turns out I can't export the files from OE 6.0. When ever I try I get an error that says something like "Can't read MAPI" Does anybody have any advice? TIA Heath Hmm...you might try asking in the OE newsgroups if...

How do I reinstall the text converter?
I am running Windowes XP Pro SP3 with Office 2007 installed. Previously I ran Office 2003. I opened Word 2007 and clicked Office Button -> Open. From the “File of Type” dropdown list, I selected “Recover Text from Any File (*.*)” and then selected a document created in Word 2007 and clicked Open. The following error dialog appeared: "The selected text converter is an old version which does not work with the current version of word. Reinstall the converter and try again." If reinstalling the text converter is the solution to this problem, then How can I do tha...

converting figure into words in excel
Use a look up table. In column A enter 1, 2, 3 etc. In column B enter one, two, three etc. Sort the table into column A ascending order. Highlight whole table and give it a name eg convert. Then use the formula =vlookup(cellref, convert,2) where cellref is the cell with the field you wish to convert. "Manish Jangid" wrote: > Manish Check out the info and links provided by Bob Phillips. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:51:01 -0700, "Manish Jangid" <Manish Jangid@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Pivot Table #6
Hi, When I pull data from an external data source, the values which appear in the cells under the row fields are truncated, eg an account number which should be 0000001 appears as 00000. This then causes the data to come out all wrong. I also have the same problem with a pure text field. Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance, Andy Andy This isn't going to help much, but I have never known pivot tables to do this. The normal thing would be for Excel to see the account 'numbers' as true ones and try to truncate them the other way, eg: 000001 becomes 1. Without totally exone...

SDK and VC6.0
I've installed the SDK. Do I need to change the location of the includes, libraries, etc. in "Options" on the "Directories" tab? They currently point to the Visual Studio subdirectories and the new SDK has it's own directory. >I've installed the SDK. Do I need to change the location of the includes, >libraries, etc. in "Options" on the "Directories" tab? They currently point >to the Visual Studio subdirectories and the new SDK has it's own directory. You probably want to ensure that the new PSDK directories are searched...

Currency in CRM3.0
Hi Got CRM 3.0 on Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server 2005 I cant change from $ to £ I have seen this posted already in forum but the fix makes no sense to me. it mentions going to localhost/reports but I cant get to that. Assuming its a web page on the server. Any help would be great please. Richard Hi Richy, if you are talking about currency symbol in reports than that person is rite. You need to go to reports to change symbol. They are not web pages but SRS reports which can be customized. the currency symbol basically depends on the local settings / counrty you specified while ...