Convert MFC App to MFC ActiveX Control?

Dear there,

How to Convert MFC App to MFC ActiveX Control?
I had a MFC MDI application which is also a COM server.
Now there is a need to turn this into an OCX control so that it can be used
in a dialog.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Jasen

0
Jasen (2)
3/31/2005 9:43:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could try with http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp (we used it at
work, it works fine for quite some years now).

0
Goran
4/1/2005 7:57:53 AM
Dear Mr. Pusic,
I will spend time on the paper.

Jasen

"Goran Pusic" wrote:

> You could try with http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp (we used it at
> work, it works fine for quite some years now).

0
Jasen (2)

converting date and time fields
Hello, I have columns that contain date and time in the "14/07/2003 17:57:00" format. I need to convert them into date-only and time-only fields (not only visually). How do I get rid of the date/time part? Thanks thanks! "Laura Cook" <laura@top-brands.com> wrote in message news:eP$BBBzZDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > With date and time in column A, in B1 enter: > > =INT(A1) > > Format as a date. Now in C1 enter: > > =A1-B1 > > Format as a time. > > Copy the formulas down as far as needed. If you no longer need column A, > ...

Need app/advice on using tasks to manage meeting actions
Firstly arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! Right now I've got that out, I can ask my question. I am finding that I am always taking minutes (actions) from various meetings. As do others in these meetings. A week goes by, and we return to the meeting room only to find that even note minutes of the meeting were send out (as a word document) everyone seems to forget their actions (including myself). Quite simply what I would like to do is create a list of actions from the meeting. Assign these to someone. In a central view (eg public folder) I / others would be able to view previous meetings by the f...

Control Source =UCase([BinNight]) does not work?
Multi record form, text field enabled NO locked YES. Produces an #Error. -- Regards Tom "ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61F02A2-3F0C-4514-873D-C5E9BE46E8AE@microsoft.com... > Multi record form, text field enabled NO locked YES. > > Produces an #Error. > > -- > Regards > Tom To produce the same result as the one you want: 1. Remove the UCase() function. 2. Change the Format property to ">" (without quotes). Ed Metcalfe. "ThomasAJ" <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Customization of DropDownList Control
Hi, i am developing a control similar to CRM DropDownList Control. I need following features in my control:- 1) OnMouseOver to Dropdownlist button the cursor goes to hand style rather than default. 2) Secondly, i would like to develop an Item text Editable property i need some guidance regarding the issue i am facing. a) Whether i inherit my custom class from Dropdownlist or something else (ListControl). As i need to access OnMouseOver event for the Drowdownlist button. Thanks in Advance. Ayaz Ahmad SSD Hi Ayaz, You will not be able to add your control to crm. Crm only accept...

Layered window Crash Problem with Web Browser Control
hi, all I placed a web browser Activx object into a layered window in Win XP.When I continusely use web browser to load MS office document(*.doc,*.xls) ,it will easily crash the whole system(win32k.sys crash), but every thing is fine in windows 2000 or I just navigate the web site use webbrowser. Is that a bug of windows XP? Please give some hints. You can download sample from here http://s87799026.onlinehome.us\temp\testweb.zip (VC 6.0) Thanks in advance Bravew. ...

Why does all text appear bold when adding controls to a new frame window?
I have been trying to solve this bug for some time now. When I make a child window and place two Rich Edit Controls and a Button to it, the text in it appears BOLD by default. The button is a "send" button which copies all the RTF format text to the other RichEditControl. I also have other buttons which make the characters inputted Bold,Italic, or Underlined. But by default everything in the RichEdit Control as well as the button texts are "BOLD". And that really does not serve the purpose. Watever controls I add to the frame window, all its text is in BOLD. I am sure...

Templates to control a group of worksheets
Hi everyone. I am trying to develop a small home project but as it develops, I keep wanting to make changes to it, and then have to go through and change each of the worksheets. What is the best way of establishing some kind of template so that I can make alterations to the 'master' copy which will be reflected in the other worksheets, but not lose any data in these. This problem has been bothering me for ages. Big respect to anyone who can help me fix it! R K Hi, It depends on what sort of changes you are making. If you are changing the formatting or layout of your sheet...

Exchange Services unavailable when a Domain Controller Reboots
We have a domain controller that does not hold any Roles that when rebooting, the Exchange server does not allow email to work. The roles are on a Domain Controller other than the one that reboots. The Exchange is 2000 and the Domain Controllers are 2000. Any ideas? Thank you, Tina Cecil Even though this domain controller holds no FMSO roles, perhaps it is a Global Catalog server in your Org - possibly the only one? Oliver "TeeCee" <TeeCee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9516BAF6-C21C-4142-94C5-B21029CC867A@microsoft.com... > We have a domai...

Office 2007 converter or compatibility pack
Hello, I know that MS put an Office 2007 compatibility pack for Office 2003 so that 2003 users could open the new 2007 formats. Is there an equivalent compatibility pack or set of converters for Office 2004 for the Mac? Thank you. Hi Dr. Q, At the moment Microsoft has not released converters for Office 2004. The Mac Business Unit has said they plan to release converters as soon as they can. My hope is sometime in the spring. Meanwhile there's a web site that can help, but it has some limitations: http://docx-converter.com/ The best option is for the moment is to ask Office 2007 u...

MFC CMap slow on windows 2003?
Hi There, I have a peculiar problem. I have a component that uses a CMap<CString, LPCTSTR, double, double&> to store values. The component has been developed on W2K using VC6 and works just fine. However, when I run it on my new windows 2003 server (a machine with comparable hardware) it suddenly becomes slower by a factor of more than 40! I have trace the problem to the call to Lookup(). If I leave out this single call the component runs in the time I would expect.. Do any of you know of any issues with the mfc42*.dll's that ship with w2k3? ...

CONVERT Numbers-As-Text to PURE Numbers when converting to xls ??
I have a table that has a text field which stores only numbers. I'm not sure why it is formatted as text...but it always is...and I currently have to control over its creation. I have a report based on a query which is very often "Output To" an XLS format via a Macro (it very cooly works with one click) so it can be used in a spreadsheet. Well...that text field with numbers comes into excel as text, of course. At least the excel indicates so with little triangles in the cells' corners. Excel also provides a little pull down mention which allows a quick convert to true n...

converting quicken 99 files into money 2003
Hello, I have an extensive file financial database of Quicken 99 files and i need to convert them into MS Money 2003 Deluxe without losing data. Can someone help please, thanks... Have you tried converting the Quicken file in 2003 (File->Convert Quicken File) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not re...

How to convert video to Apple iPod/iPhone video MP4 format?
You have an Apple iPod/iPhone and would like to watch your favorite movie using it? But you don't know how to convert your video files to iPod/iPhone compatible format? This Apple Mac Video Converter is just the software you need to solve this problem now. This easy-to-use yet powerful [b]Mac Video Converter[/b] enables you to convert your home video library to iPod/iPhone(MP4/h.264) format with a few mouse clicks. [b]Step 1: Download and install Apple Mac Video Converter[/b] [url=http://www.applemacvideoconverter.com/mac-video-converter.zip]Click here[/url] to download it. After the...

ActiveX Option Buttons
:confused: Hello, I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return. I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th same cell. That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell? Please help -- veci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Converting PST to PDF using Linux
Does anyone know how to do this? The pst is a 'database type' file. Perhaps explain what you are actually wishing to achive; ie convert your mail messages to pdf, or what? <djgavenda2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1162707467.719232.293540@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know how to do this? > Definitely the messages. Hopefully, the contacts too. DL wrote: > The pst is a 'database type' file. > Perhaps explain what you are actually wishing to achive; > ie convert your mail messages to pdf, or what? > > <djgavenda2@yahoo.com&...

How to remove or hide the spin button by owner-draw tab control
Hi All, Same as the title, now I develop a CTabCtrlEx class derive from CTabCtrl, I use the owner-draw method to give the tab control new looking, but now the problem is I didn't want to show the spin button(UpDown Control) with single line style, how can I do that. I have try to overriding the OnSize, the code list below: //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //// void CTabCtrlEx::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CTabCtrl::OnSize(nType, cx, cy); TCHAR classname[100]; HWND hwndSpin = NULL: HWND hWndFind = ::GetWindow(m_hWnd, GW_HWNDFI...

Importing image into Image Control on a Form
Access97 I have a form for spare parts information and selection. For the parts I have a library of jpg files held in a shared drive. When the operator selects a part number in a list I have the image appear in an Image control on the form - this is working very well and is fast. But there is a pesky "Importing [image path and filename]..." box flashing momentarily on the screen each time. Is there a way to suppress/hide this pop-up ? Any help gratefully appreciated. Piri Check http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0038.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft A...

converting to cached mode
We are looking on converting all of our mailboxes to cached mode. Outside of going to each mail profile and checking cached, is there a way to administratively create an exchange mailbox to cache from the exchange server? The only way we can find is to go to outlook, which is very tedious when we have a few hundred mailboxes. Any one with any steps to do this would be very appreciated. Sarah On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:09:01 -0700, Sarah <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are looking on converting all of our mailboxes to cached mode. Outside of >going to each mail...

Tab Control and On Click Event
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01CAB531.4407FE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have a tab control object with two tabs: Front & Back. I also have a Text Box called txtSelected. Here is what I can't seem to get working: Onclick Front - I would like txtSelected to = "1" Onclick Back - I would like txtSelected to = "2" Any suggestions would be appreciated. J ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01CAB531.4407FE80 Content-Type: text/html; charset=&quo...

Convert range of numbers to letter
Hello. I hope this makes sense. I have a spreadsheet that has columns with numbers ranging from 1 to 100. I would like to convert them to letters i.e. 90 - 100 = A 80 - 90 = B 70 - 80 = C 60 - 70 = D and so on Is this possible? Thank you JB "JB" <badspam@awyway.com> wrote in message news:OUlxDBVPGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello. > I hope this makes sense. > I have a spreadsheet that has columns with numbers ranging from 1 to 100. > I would like to convert them to letters > i.e. 90 - 100 = A > 80 - 90 = B > 70 - 80 = C ...

Problems with DBase IV file exporting after converting frojm MS Access 97 to MS Access 2000
In our MS ACCESS 97 database that we have converted to a MS Access 2000 database. In this application we transfer (TransferDataBase) a table with a memo field to DBase IV. Our application uses the dbf and dbt files generated to do some further manipulation. The system works under MS Access 97 but does not under Ms Access 2000. Is the dbf page size exported different in MS Access 2000? Any other driver or parameter settings in MS Access that could be affecting this? We also notice that the new MS Access transfer cmd produces a new file with an MDX extension. Can we get Access to work wi...

Running Windows Media Player from MFC Application Query?
Hi all I am making an application in which i displaying in a list control all the mp3 files belonging to a folder selected by the user. I want to add the following functionality. As soon as the user double clicks on any of the displayed MP3 file, i want to invoke the windows Media Player and play that MP3 file. Now how i invoke the Windows Media Player for my MFC Application? Waiting for suggestions Regards ...

resize control checkbox with cell
First question: One of the tab in my workbook has several checkboxes arranged in a number of columns. One of the set is over the cells, say, A1:A20. I would like to attach these checkboxes to the cell they belong to so that they will have exactly the same size with their cells, and resized along with the cells. Is this possible? Second question: How much overhead does control checkbox has over simply using cell.value = "Y" or "N" ? I just saw an answer to another post concerning toggling a cell between "" and "X". If this works, I could remove ...

Using ME to change controls
I am using the following Me statement in the click event on a button. It does change the MyControl visible to Yes. However, when I close the form and open the form the MyControl stays No. How can I keep it or set it permanent to visible True? Can it be done? I hope it can be permanent. Please help. Is it because the Form that has the MyControl is locked when open and does not let these changes to be save? Me.MyControl.Visible = True ...

Carriage returns in control source
I'm trying to format my control source in a report. Currently I am using the format [field1] & " " & [field2] & " " & [field3] to concatenate data. Instead of adding a space between the fields, I want to add a carriage return and drop the next field to the next line and so on so that each 'field' is really on it's own line. I don't want to make three separate text fields to accomplish this task because I need to have the retrieved data aligned equally with each other, and if [field2] is null, I want to have [field3] 'move up...