Convert EXE to use MFC in a shared DLL

Hi,
 An existing EXE uses MFC in a Static Library and
 I would like it to use MFC in a shared DLL instead.
 On changing the setting to use it in a Shared DLL,
 it throws up a lot of linker errors like:

 Launcher error LNK2005: "class CWinApp * __stdcall
 AfxGetApp(void)" (?AfxGetApp@@YGPAVCWinApp@@XZ) already
 defined in mfc70ud.lib(MFC70UD.DLL)

 What other changes do I need to make to support this?
 I'm using the Multi-threaded DLL vesion of the CRT,
 if that is of any significance.
Thanks,
Sucharit
0
sucharit (7)
9/9/2003 2:26:55 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

'missing' pubole32.dll
Is there any way to access/download the pubole32.dll file needed to run MSPUB without the original CD? My hard drive crashed and although I was able to back up the app and install it on my replacement hard drive, the program won't run because 'the required pubole32.dll' can not be found. I can't find the original app CD and there doesn't seem to be any .dll files at all on my MS Office app CD, system recovery CD or C:/ backup CDs. I can't access some really important docs I created in MSPUB. Help! You can download it here http://www.ezgoal.com/channels/develope...

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Store.exe eats all the CPU power
Hello I have exchange 2003 SP2 and this problem. Store.exe takes 60-100% of CPU Athlon 64 3000+. It leads to long clients response and sometimes with time out error. This repeats about 3 times a day. User load is very low (8 users) I have tried to stop antivirus (NOD32) but it is still the same. Restarting service or rebooting server doesn't help. thanks, LV Check this out Why is Exchange Store.exe so RAM hungry? http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/08/02/206012.aspx Cheers oz Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www....

How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with?
How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with? "DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uJRyKcbFIHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class > library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special > project type that I need to start with? > You can do it all "by hand" but there is a template "SQL Server project&...

VC++ 2005
I am attempting to compile a project in Visual Studio 2005 which compiles and links properly in VC++ 6.0. It seems to have problems with C++ i/o functions. Here is the error I get: g:\src\analyzer\digitdialpages.h(136) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_InFile' Line 136: ifstream m_InFile; The statment: include <fstream> is at the top of the source file. Some assistance would be helpful. We didn't have any problems with using ifstream or ofstream in VC++ 6.0. Thanks. On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:22:47 -0500, "Raj Kulkarni...

How to use Find (Ctrl-F) to find non-alpha
Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? tx ;-) Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) works ok for me. What are you having trouble with? On 10/22/2010 16:31, Heather Mills wrote: > Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? > > tx ;-) -- Dave Peterson On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:54:28 -0500, Dave Peterson <petersod@XSPAMverizon.net> wrote: >Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) >works ok for me. > >What are you having trouble with? > >...

Sharing Outlook '03 w/ other users
MS Outlook 2003 and MS Exchange 2003 I have 5 users who would like to have their Calendar shared with each other. One user, Michelle, currently can click on a check box with a user name, within Outlook on the left panel and view their calendar. She just needs 3 more users. The remaining 4 need the samething that Michelle has, so that they can click on say Keith or Mark check box and view their Calendar. My boss had done this for her......but he's no longer here and I'm now in his place. Thank you in advance. Show her how to right-click on the Calendar folder, bring up its P...

Excel 2000 Shared Workbook Missing Worksheets
I am experiencing a problem in an Excel 2000 shared workbook. Worksheets are continously missing from the shared workbook. Users are connecting to the shared workbook using a Citrix connection. They enter their data into the worksheet and then save the workbook. The shared workbook is password protected so that users can not get exclusive rights and delete or move sheets. I've also tried tracing the changes and looking at the history to find the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Convert Accounts to Leads
Hi, We have installed microsoft CRM 1.2, and we would like to convert some accounts to leads. Is that possible? Thanx so far Hg no . . . leads can only be turned into accounts. -- Brandon Smith Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Ino" <Ino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE2F8786-EF44-4DA4-B8C6-C1BDE2754F3D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > We have installed microsoft CRM 1.2, and we would like to convert some > accounts to leads. > > Is that possible? > > Thanx so far &...

Sharing Folder Outlook 2003
I can't seem to find any help on this subject. Used to be that you could add a folder from somewhere on the hard drive to the folder tree in Outlook. Can't do that anymore (with Outlook 2003). On my home PC Outlook 2003 is confiugred with 2 profiles. One for me, one for my wife. I would like to have certain emails sent to a common folder so when she opens up Outlook she can see them. Before I create a rule that autoforwards them to her account I was hoping to try just setting up a common folder. Your help is much appreciated. Matt Dear Matt, have a look on this site for...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

On closing application ntdll.dll is crashed
Hi all, I am getting crash in ntdll.dll just after CDialog::OnOK(); function. It is not getting crashed everytime. Application is multithreaded, but it is after i have added new thread. In that I am using vector list and also maintaining the criticalsection and thread proc close event. Now, in constructor i m setting NULL to all handles and initialize critical section and for stopping thread i m setting close event and my thread is comeout for waitForMultipleObject and returning. I am not terminating thread/exitthread. As i have read in msdn not to do this in c++. need to first return from th...

vlookup cant be used
I need a way to transfer data. I have one sheet that contains all information. All of this data needs to be transferred to a template ready for print. I have contemplated using a vlookup to quicken the method, although the data sheet will be moving too and from computers, and so the vlookup will not work. Is there any code that might possibly help me, i.e. a code that looks for the datasheet and does some sort of vlookup after it has located the file? Or should this problem be tackled using macros, although i imagine that this will have the same effect. How "ready for print"? Are...

how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office
how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office 2007 Buy an edition that is not for non-commercial use only. You own the Home and Student edition. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E14F850-0B65-4093-926F-B680E1C7D6B1@microsoft.com... > how to remove non commercial use in the title bar in office 2007 ...

Dockable toolbars without MFC
Hello, I am using VC++. Is it really necessary to use MFC if you want to build an application with dockable toolbars? > I am using VC++. Is it really necessary to use MFC if you want to build an > application with dockable toolbars? Its not necessary to use MFC but MFC provides the mechanism for you. If you dont use MFC, you will need to provide the same mechanism yourself(Its a lot of work). Win32 does not have a concept of dockable toolbars. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Sharing pst file
Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? thanks. TH Yes and no...you can point both users to the same .PST file but they cannot both have it open at the same time, at least not without a 3rd party tool. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm lists at least one such tool. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b5e01c3bb9b$962d9300$a001280a@phx.gbl, Tobin Halim wrote: > Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? > t...

Problem with "Send as", when using "send on behalf of" in Exchange 2000.
I'm not able to set the "Send as" permission on a mailbox. The problem is that the access right is not present in "Mailbox Rights" ?. I have 2 users, A and B. All mail to B is forwarded to A, and B has added A to "Send on behalf of" in Active directory users and computers / Exchange general / Delivery options. When not being able to set the "Send as" creates the following problem: If A reply to a mail originally send to B (which is automaticaly forwarded to A) , the receiver sees A as the sender. Any idears. Thanks in advance Bo Jacob...

Invoke Web Service using a Client Application
Hi, I have a web serivce created that contains several methods that are NON-PRIMITIVE types - meaning I cannot test it directly from the browser. So, I thought of devloping a client application in .NET that can submit the XML request and receive the response. I created the application and it works; but the problem is, the user have to frame the XML each time as TEXT (build the XML) and then submit it which takes a long time. Is there a way that given the web service and the method, a windows form with controls dynamically be created based on the types?. These controls will basically ...

Sending MORE than one workbook AND using .CC and .BCC as well?
Using XL'03, using Ron's tips, I have successfully sent one workbook, or sheet or range but I would like to send more than one workbook. I have used VBA to put the files in a folder and zip and send them, but I do not wish to zip them. How can I d this and how can I also use the e.g. .To and .CC .BCC as well. Many thanks. Simon If you are using outlook, just loop through all files adding each as a separate file, just as the zip is added, and also set the .cc and ,bcc properties as you to with the .To property. HTH Bob "Simon" <simonlavender@...

Outlook.exe has generated errors...etc.
There are two email messages in my inbox. If I even touch either of them, Outlook abends with a message saying: Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed. and An error log is being generated. These emails are from known contacts. I am fairly sure they are not infected. In any case, Norton (Synamtec?) antivirus usually catches viruses. Is there anything I can do? Is there anything in that error log? It took 30-40 seconds to write out. Where is it? Thanks -- Dear, Try Detect and Repair from Help menu. If that doesn't work then you may need to reinstall the OL. -- ...

Random number generator expression used
My final year (Statistics degree) project is concerned with the PRNG in MS Excel. It was stated by the lecturer in Simulation Studies that this PRNG was no good for simulation purposes .. the cycle length is not long enough. So that I can test this statement I need to be able to run the in-built PRNG so that it repeats the sequence of generated random numbers. This cannot be done in situ as there are not enough cells available (max 16k ?). I would propose to run the PRNG as a VBA macro - or stand_alone in VB6 - but for that I need to obtain the mathematical expression that is used ...

Do not share IFS m drive ?
Exchange 2000 uses a rather handy feature called IFS, through which you can access your IS as if it were a file system. Exchange 2003 can do the same after changing the registry. The server shows an additional M drive, with which you can browse mailboxes and public folders. Microsoft advices not to share this M drive through SMB however, but only as a Web Folder. That sorta makes the feature less interesting. Why is this ? I tried sharing normally and I can browse the UNC share without problems. What are the pitfalls ? Grtz (rwillkomm@ortec.nl) "Richard" <helpdesk@ortec...

How do I expose interfaces from an MFC application.
HI, I have an existing MFC applicatiion (VC++6.0). Now i need to expose Interfaces/methods from this application which c# application can use those methods. Could anyone suggest me the steps for this to implement. Also any example information would would be more helpful for me. Thanks in advance. Karim. What you would like to do is to add OLE Automation support to your MFC application. Fortunately MFC hides lots of COM complexity associated with OLE Automation. For more detail, I would suggest to insert "mfc automation" in Google, and read some of the result pages... HTH, G...

Placing an PO by using eConnect
Hi All, i want to know how to place the purchase order and other documents in Great Plain 8 by using the eConnect and Biztalk Server 2004. What are the steps to implement the above. Any schema to be followed? and other things (Im beginner for Great Plain) ...

Using Numeric Values from Formulas
Hello All I have created a formula in one column that returns a value of 5 if a given line entry is more than 5 years old. What I want to do is then say " if (and((d3>5, b3>0),"Yes","") What this does is if the entry is over 5 years old and there is a value greater than 0 in cell b3, then give a value of "yes". However since cell D3 contains a formula it does not work! If I were to manually type in the values in Column D then it works ok. Is there a function in Excel that says "if the result of the formula >5" then ....?? thanks Nat...