Control for displaying Data

Hi,
I want to create an active control that will be having a dialog. On this
dialog I want to show a table consisting of set of records. The data to this
table will be coming from the web and will be refreshing again and again.

Could you suggest, which control should I use to have the things done.
I did not find Datagrid control suitable at this place. What are the other
options available.
FYI: Iam using VC++ 6.0

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Vijay

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use a list control (listview). But the popular one with a lot
of features is: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp

--------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

Vijay wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to create an active control that will be having a dialog. On
this
> dialog I want to show a table consisting of set of records. The data
to this
> table will be coming from the web and will be refreshing again and
again.

> Could you suggest, which control should I use to have the things
done.
> I did not find Datagrid control suitable at this place. What are the
other
> options available.
> FYI: Iam using VC++ 6.0
>
> THANKS IN ADVANCE,
> Vijay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/7/2005 1:40:16 PM
List controls work; owner-drawn listboxes work. These are just two possibilities. What is
the problem with a data grid? (Just curious; they're miserable to use)
						joe

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:51:45 +0530, "Vijay" <hello_vc2003@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I want to create an active control that will be having a dialog. On this
>dialog I want to show a table consisting of set of records. The data to this
>table will be coming from the web and will be refreshing again and again.
>
>Could you suggest, which control should I use to have the things done.
>I did not find Datagrid control suitable at this place. What are the other
>options available.
>FYI: Iam using VC++ 6.0
>
>THANKS IN ADVANCE,
>Vijay

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
> List controls work; owner-drawn listboxes work. These are just two
> possibilities. What is
> the problem with a data grid? (Just curious; they're miserable to use)
> joe

The probs that Im getting with data grid is , when I  create an activeX
control using MFC activeX control wizards, add dialog to it and the insert
datagrid on it, it compiles successfully but give debug assertion failed
error(file:winocc.cpp).
I am using VS 6.0  and in that datagrid is itself an active X control.

Iam unable to find the cause of the error.

But I think using ListBox will solve my probs.

Vijay

Then why not describe the debug assert and see if someone knows why you are getting it?

You can see an example of a column-oriented listbox control as my Logging Listbox control,
if that helps any.
					joe

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:22:11 +0530, "Vijay" <hello_vc2003@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> List controls work; owner-drawn listboxes work. These are just two
>> possibilities. What is
>> the problem with a data grid? (Just curious; they're miserable to use)
>> joe
>

>The probs that Im getting with data grid is , when I  create an activeX
>control using MFC activeX control wizards, add dialog to it and the insert
>datagrid on it, it compiles successfully but give debug assertion failed
>error(file:winocc.cpp).
>I am using VS 6.0  and in that datagrid is itself an active X control.
>
>Iam unable to find the cause of the error.
>
>But I think using ListBox will solve my probs.
>
>Vijay

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Tab Control Records
I have placed a Tab Control on my form. The Form is linked to a master table that assignes an ID. I have 6 tabs and each tab has a subform (The subforms link to the Score Table and the score table links back to the Master Table) with option buttons for the user to choose. The problem I am having is that when the user clicks on the next tab it creats a new record in the Score Table. I would like to have one record per Master table ID. any help would be greatful. Vincent ...

Clearing data from one worksheet to another
I am looking to build a sheet that will act as a "front page". It wil request some information from the user, numbers and text only. I want this data to be transferred to a particular row address (i.e A5, A8 and A10) in another sheet, where all the calculations an formulae are all set up. The data on the "front page needs to be cleared ready for the nex entries, and the other sheet must have an additional row inserted wit all the existing formulae to perform the calculations while al existing entries are kept for historical purposes. Ohhh, Is this in any way possible? Any i...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

How do I require a form field have data entered before next field
I have a word document with form fields and I would like to make some of the fields to require an answer befoe the next field is filled in. Marsha K wrote: > I have a word document with form fields and I would like to make some > of the fields to require an answer befoe the next field is filled in. See http://www.gmayor.com/formfieldmacros.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Cell contents-display extends into next cell (???)
Hello, all [=D What's probably a very simple format-setting has got me baffled.... I was copying some columns & then pasting them (paste special > values) into a fresh worksheet, in order to get rid of all the tick marks at the beginning of the cells. The tick marks are gone. But now, for some reason I can't figure out, in the column's cells on the new sheet--in a column formatted as General-- when there's too much text to fit into their own column, it's extending into the neighboring cell. For example, if Column A is 75 pixels wide, and I happen to have 85 pixel...

Visio, VB Form, OLE control
Hi, I want to put a Visio drawing on a Visual Basic 6.0 form and then want to control shapes at runtime (changing colors, text, etc). I created a sample VB application and on the form added an OLE control with a Visio drawing in it. At runtime when I change any property of a shape on the drawing, the whole drawing refreshes and it flickers too much. Is there any way to avoide flickering? Is there any other way to use a Visio drawing on a VB form? I tried Visio Viewer 2002 control. But, it doesn't return the Visio.Page object from its Object property. Thanks in advance, Jitesh I...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

why activex control cannot be registered?
hi all, i am involved in a project which involves smartcards... i tried to create an activex control using vc++ for effective accessing of the smartcard reader and use the control to develop applications in visual basic. but the problem is the ocx generated could not be registered. why this happens...? is it that the dlls given with the smartcard reader have to be registered before registering the ocx...? can the header files used for accessing smartcard functions have compiler dependent statements like "if _c ..." etc...? any help appreciated... bye prasanna hi, ...

Change the anchor property of a control.
Hello. How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the control ? I.e : myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom .... How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ? Thanks :) Am 12.06.2010 23:46, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the > control ? > > I.e : > myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom > .... > How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ? Like I said, about once o...

Finding data in grouped sheets
When using the 'find' option whilst workbook pages are grouped together I am getting data from the last page first, then the last but one etc. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to change this so that it finds the data in the first possible page, ie it looks at page 3 before page 4 etc? What I am trying to do is set up a spreadsheet which finds the first 'vacancy' in a childrens nursery. As I have set it up at the moment it is finding the last vacancy first! All help greatly received! Thanks in advance. Susie Vaughan This may not quite fit, but you may find it very us...

Excel Incorrectly Plotting Non-sequential Data Points
I am plotting a chart in Excel 2003 using non-sequential data points as shown below. Time Value 0 0.07 2 0.09 4 0.14 6 0.10 9 0.08 10 0.09 Excel, however, plots them in order as if they were: Time Value 1 0.07 2 0.09 3 0.14 4 0.10 5 0.08 6 0.09 When I look at the Source Data, it highlights the right data, but just seems to plot it incorrectly. Could this be a formatting error? Any help is VERY appreciated. Aaron, Select both columns (not j...

Import of Money 98 Data
Does anyone know if its possible to import Money 98 (US Version) to the latest Money International version? The easiest way would be to try it out. There is a trial version of the international version. Some of the earlier (pre-2000) versions directly convert even though they are different regional versions, so you may be lucky. Trial can be obtained via http://money.mvps.org/downloads/default.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Mone...

Version 2002 - Org Chart - Creating using wizard with xls Data Source
Hi Guys, I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as the data source. Is there a way to sort the branches alphabetically automatically? Cheers Unfortunately, the Org Chart solution generates the diagram using a random order. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "u828576" <bitofpacedropshoulder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OxaL%23dwvHHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as...

Display in groups
Hello We are recently changed to outlook 2003 for our default mail program. This newer version always displays mail in groups. (Today, previous week, previous month, etc.) If you don't want that you can disable this option in the menu view, but if we disable this option and restart outlook it is displayed in groups again. Does anybody has an idea how to defently set this option disabled? Maybe a setting in the registry? Kind regards Erwin See the answer to one of your posts in other newsgroups. Do NOT multipost! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of...

Newbie with Panel & User Control Query
Hi All, Firstly, im a real newbie to C# so appologies for asking what might be a very basic question. Basically im using DotNetBar and have a Ribbon form. On my Ribbon form, I have a ribbon Bar, With 5 buttons. I also have a a panel on my Main form (pnlMainMenu) I have serveral user controls also. When a user clicks on a button I would like it to display the user control in the Panel. So far i have the following code:- private void btnComplaints_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { pnlMainMenu.Controls.Clear(); TestApp.User_Controls.uctComplaints = ...

Control Tip Text
I have a form with a control in it called 'Reference'. The form is a continuous form and the control 'Reference' has differing 'Services' attached to it. I wanted the Control Tip Text on the 'Reference' control to be the 'Service' control. The coding below does this in part: Private Sub Reference_GotFocus() Me.Reference.ControlTipText = Me.Service End Sub The problem I have is the Control Tip Text is only that which relates to the 'Reference' control that is currently selected. Is there any way of changing the focus so that when a ...

Validating data in a User Form
I have created a User Form to enter data into an Excel Database using text boxes. For one field (textbox) I would like to limit the user input to three names, say AA, BB or CC. I know how to do it on the worksheet and it works just fine. I can't figure out how to do for the textbox for that field in the form. Will someone give me a gentle shove in the right direction? Thank you very much. If you're going to limit it to three names, why use a TextBox? I'd use a listbox or combobox loaded with the names instead. In article <11bb45co1m5nmbd@corp.supernews.com>, &q...

change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart
When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Hi Momo, >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes... BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x...

MSCRMEmail: Unable to read data from the transport connection
Here is the error log #61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "[CRM|New Lead] Supply Chain Event Leads from MS Dynamics CRM:0001482" for SMTP: http://justkeyindev/BSG for delivery through smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com. System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sock...

Help getting VBA to display a message
I would like the following code to display a message to the user if the click on the chart when no �End Flag� entries are FALSE. (I assume thi would be keyed to the "On Error" statement?) Private Sub Chart_Activate() Sheets("AgingPT").PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotCache.Refresh On Error Resume Next Sheets("AgingPT").PivotTables("PivotTable3"). _ PivotFields("End Flag").CurrentPage = "FALSE" End Sub Can you help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Create controls library using MFC!
Hi, I am trying to create an abstraction over the MFC control classes so that it is simplified and/or extended for our usage. - Firstly, is it a good idea to create a separate project in VC 2005 and build a static library of control classes which I can later use in different MFC based projects? - Since stdafx.h (for precompiled header) and afxcmn.h for some MFC controls had to be included in the same file, I get an error saying do not include windows.h (which exist in stdafx.h" in MFC apps when I compile the library. If I remove stdafx.h then it will complain asking me to include it. T...

Migrating CRM Data
We're customizing CRM on a test machine (using the adventure-works cycle license) and intend to implement it on another server (using our own license). Is it possible to use the CRM Redeployment Tools to migrate the data under a different OU name Any help would be appreciated. If you only have contact and lead data to move from database to the other, you could export the data to a csv file (via Excel) and re-import it. However, if you have more data, (as is probable) you are looking at a data migration using the data migration framework. If you are only looking to export and imp...

Shifting Data Points
I have a graph with two lines. I want to shift one of the lines to the right, while mainitaing the origianl two lines. How do I do this. I have data points listed in the spreadhsheet , but I want to pick up one line graph and shift it to the right by 2 spaces, but keping the original graph. Can anyone offer me some assistance? You have to add the same small amount to each X value in the series source data range. The easiest way to do this is by putting the small amount in another cell, then use a formula in each cell in the X value range that adds this cell's value to whatever ...

Filling in data to the selected field
Hi everyone, Initially I can work with the code below... But I want some modifications. Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD) WHILE J0002 (NEW) Before :- Bil (pk) JobNumber PartNumber RequiredQty KittedQty 1 J0001 A1 1 1 2. J0001 B1 8 6 3. J0002 B1 8 After:- Bil (pk) JobNumber PartNumber RequiredQty KittedQty 1 J0001 A1 1 1 2. ...