console app version display

Hello,
Is this possible to add to the console application
version information, to be shown when user click right
click and properties? (like for dll or windows app)
thanks

0
bulba (17)
5/23/2005 6:45:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, it is.
Add a version resource to your project.  In the VS's main menu: Project->Add
resource...
select Version as resource's type and edit it according to your needs.

--
Un saludo
Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP]

FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++
http://rcorral.mvps.org

thanks a lot,
I didn't know it would be that easy :)

"Rodrigo Corral [MVP]" <corral_glez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it is.
> Add a version resource to your project.  In the VS's main menu:
> Project->Add resource...
> select Version as resource's type and edit it according to your needs.
>
> --
> Un saludo
> Rodrigo Corral Gonz�lez [MVP]
>
> FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++
> http://rcorral.mvps.org

0
bulba (17)

How can I add transaction while using the online version of money
Ok... when I first bought Money several years ago and installed it on my home computer, I could then login while at work via the passport and see the information that I had entered on my home computer. If I purchased something during the day I could go online and add the transaction which was great way to know at any given moment what my TRUE balance was in my account. Now when I check my Money account online from work I can see all the information I've entered at home but now there is no way to add a new transaction other then from my home computer where I have Money installed. ...

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

Account Segments not displaying properly Trial Balance
We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0. On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2 and 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly. Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying properly the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless. I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so far I have not had any luck. Anyone have an idea? I have pasted an example be...

Combining two accounts as one display
If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Thanks. Otzi On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:58:21 -0700, otzi wrote: > If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can > be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Back in the good old days of MS Outlook Express, a number of people wanted separate account folders. Now that MS has accommodated those folk, people are demanding a global Inbox. Well, MS, in their infinite wi...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Type mismatch in 2007 but not in 2003 version
I have the following code in a vba code attached to a form: Dim rst As Recordset Dim dbs As Database Dim whatif As String Set dbs = CurrentDb whatif = "select * from PersonalDNC where HomePhone = '" & ThisPhone & "'" Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset(whatif) When I run this 2003 mdb in access 2007 this works. When I convert this to a 2007 database and then run it, I get a "Type Mismatch" error. would I need to put [ ] around HomePhone. PersonalDNC is a linked table that points to a 2003 mdb. Would I need to conve...

change order in which gwes loads display, touch, hid drivers
I cannot figure out how to do this, but I need GWES to load the display driver FIRST (for a splash screen implementation). Cannot find any registry values that accomplish this... any ideas? Come on guys, somebody has to know the order in which driver's are loaded by GWES.exe and how to alter it.... MS gentlemen???? I don't think that's going to help. What you really want to do is load the image in the bootloader, since, by the time GWES itself loads, you're probably 75% of the way through the boot process. As far as I can recall, GWES loads the keyboard, mouse, a...

trial version activation
I just downloaded and installed the trial version of visio 2003, but when I tried to activate it using the wizard, it keeps coming up with : "your product key is not valid, uninstall and enter a valid key" I got the PID from the download instruction email sent to me from the Microsoft website, so I can not understand why the product id is not working. Maybe it's case sensitive? Can someone please help? FYI...I do not have an answer...but have had multiple unsuccessful attempts this morning to activate a trial version. The first attempt was using a copy of the trial ...

Error: ".....doc uses a file type that is blocked from opening in this version
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The file sent to me seems to be a 97 to 2004 version. I cannot understand why there would be any difficulty in opening a previous version document of word in mac 2008. I have tried changing the .doc file to a .docx but it doesn't work. Hoping for some help, thanks. How are you "changing" the file if you can't open it? Simply altering the extension does *not* change the file type & makes matters worse by misinforming the program as to what type of file it actually is. Make sure your...

Different display names
Hi Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003). We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company <bob.user@company.com>". Cheers Stuart ...

sql server displays
I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated. Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s) and/or sentence(s) before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table? Your question is not really clear, but I think you are trying to do would be done using a list box. Add the list box to the report, put the text boxes you want to display here, then add the table control to the ...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

Portable app and mfc42u.dll
I am writing an application that is to run from a USB. It links dynamically with mfc42u.dll and I cant be sure it will be available on every system. So, I plan on including a copy of mfc42u.dll in the same directory as the app. Is this the way to proceed? Will this cause any conflict, problem, or whatever dll-hellish situation? I think this is ok. The dll is special and not on every system, so you should release a copy of it in the app directory. That's what I do with dlls to be used, too. Regards "Alexander" <the44secs@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1172037426.1...

Problem displaying string data in Edit box
Hi, I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a serial handler occurs. The serial handler code is obtained from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx and have integrated into my main dialog. I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use SetwindowText() to display the st...

different versions
I created a calendar @ work with a higher version of Publisher. I am trying to access the file @ home, but I have 2000 and it says it can't open it. What can I do? You will have to save the calendar at work as a Publisher 2000 document. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jabrjawz" <jabrjawz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57F19583-7E3D-4EF3-B384-ABDA85A33AF6@microsoft.com... >I created a calendar @ work with a higher version of Publisher. I am trying > to access the file @ home, but I have 2000 and it says it can't open it. > What...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

I am trying to get access to display leading zeros and auto numbe
we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need it to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do this. "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484176CC-EFDE-48BB-BF18-C5BEFD695710@microsoft.com... > we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need > it > to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do > this. Yes, but ... You can't use the built-in autonumber field to do what you want. Therefore you'll need so...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

opening files created on previous versions
I am trying to open a file created in pub95 version5.0 with pub98. Response- cannot open files created on previous versions. Is there a way around this? Thanks Hi Lloyd (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to open a file created in pub95 version5.0 with pub98. || Response- cannot open files created on previous versions. Is there a || way around this? Thanks How do you know what the previous version was? FWIW, Publisher 95 (Actually called Publisher for Windows 95) is version 3.0. Version 5.0 is version 98. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publis...

How do we close an invoice in version 3.0?
In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. Now we have nothing. I tried customizing the form and adding the statecode, but that field is Read-only and so it didn't help. We mass-print all of our invoices and need them to be closed (not deleted) once they are paid. HELP! Thanks, Karla So sorry!! I did not see Invoice Paid on the Actions menu once the invoice was open. Solved!!! "KK" wrote: > In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. > Now we have nothing. > > I tried customizing the form and adding...

displaying data linked to shape
I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed. (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this. I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice. Thanks in advance jillymc ...

Reminder/Meeting version/format
Hi all. I use VB6 to add reminders and set meetings in outlook: Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objMeet = olApp.CreateItem(1) '1=olAppointmentItem In the code I use : objMeet.OptionalAttendees = strEmails I have two machines, one with Outlook2000 and the other with Outlook XP. When I run this code on the machine that has Outlook 2000, the machine with Outlook XP gets the invitation correctly (I can see its a meeting invitation, I can accept/reject etc.). When I run this code on the machine that has Outlook XP, the machine with Outlook 2000 gets th...

How do I retrieve a previous version of file?
I have just overwritten the only version of a 2MB file with a blank spreadsheet? Can I retrieve the original *.xls file? No. Sorry. Not without using some super-fancy schmancy recovery software that usually costs a bundle. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.piersontech.com www.mrexcel.com "Urospin" <Urospin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C27EB9-20F3-4CC7-BF6C-7ECC279DBDD9@microsoft.com... > I have just overwritten the only version of a 2MB file with a blank > spreadsheet? Can I retrieve the original *.xls file? What fancy software is available ...

Incompatible Version of Microsoft CRM Client Found
i install CRM 3.0 befor i have crm 1.2 but i can't unistall i have Delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient Try to install the CRM 3.0 Client again show error Incompatible Version of Microsoft CRM Client Found Thanks ...

GP Report Modifier Question (version 9.0)
On our invoice report I changed the format of a custom field to a custom format definition (that I named BB2 with 2 decimal places and show the currency symbol). Now our Inventory History Sales Summary Report prints all of the Total Quantities for the item with a currency symbol also, why is that? Is your Inventory History Sales Summary Report modified? Have you opened the field to check and make sure no format has been assigned to it? ...