Connection Manager API problem #2

1) Connection Manager API establish the connection and connection
handle is returned which is implemented on 'Connect' button.

2) The connection handle returned by the API to establish connection
is the input for the API to check the connection status which we have
implemented on the 'ConnStatus' button click.The status is returned
successfully till the connection is there through Connection Manager
API.
If click on 'Disconnect' button and Connection is Released then on
click of 'ConnStatus' returns E_Fail. but actual device connection is
still there.

Why this connection is still there?Even after disconnect Ping Code
returned is successful.How?

3) The alternate way to check the connectivity is to make the another
connection and get the status then terminate, which is implemented in
'ConnAvail' button.It returns the two status i.e.
3a. If connection is established then message in Multiline edit box
appears as Connection is Up.
3b. If connection fails then message in Multiline edit box appears as
Connection fails
 Is there any alternate way to check for the  connection status with
device through wireless connectivity.

API used are

ConnMgrEstablishConnection
ConnMgrConnectionStatus
ConnMgrReleaseConnection

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Quicken file conversion problems
I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my quicken file throught the initial Wizard. Only problem it I get the following error message: Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. Can anyone help? TIA In microsoft.public.money, Scott wrote: >I'm trying to test out the new 2004 by importing my >quicken file throught the initial Wiz...

parsing a date and time field #2

connecting livemail
using internet explorer 8. Clicking desktop icon gives me my hotmail folders but it won't connect so can't send or receive emails. But if I go to hotmail website,I can access fully functioning hotmail -but with different (not so convenient) format. What can I do to restore connection to usual email? Problem arose 29 july -before that access and connection were ok. Please keep it simple! -- In earnest ...

Filter driver installation problem! 01-06-10
Hi, I developed a disk low filter driver and want to load this driver at Windows setup procedure, I don't know how to do that? It seems only using INF file does not work? Any suggestion? thanks. Best Regards, Perer, By Windows setup, do you mean install of Windows? If so look at http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=264 this covers the subject for XP and 2003. For later OS'es get the WAIK http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C7D4BC6D-15F3-4284-9123-679830D629F2 and start digging. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows F...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Dropped connection to POP3 servers
Just installed Office 2003 under XP Home. Outlook is dropping connection to POP3 servers, I check 2 different servers with a S/R. Both fail at the same time, never separately. Sometimes I can exit Outlook gracefully but a reboot is required to get Outlook to work again. Sometimes locks entire system and have to powerdown manually. Pattern not fully determined but it appears to happen when there is other activity to the internet that is going to specific servers using an ID and password. I use Medved Quotetracker with E*Trade quotes (requires ID). If I bring up Quotetracker, Ou...

An Outlook 2003 Problem

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Macro

Business contact manager install failure
Office 2007 BCM gives me this error when I try and install it: Setup cant finish because it can't delete: c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\temp_MS_AgentSigningCertificate_database_log.LDF Any ideas? ...

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Excel pivot table #2

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...

API Screen Locking
I have seen code in the past which uses an windows API to lock the screen I found the code below which apparently does this. However it does not work or more accurately the LockWindowUpdate ThisApplication.MainFrameHWND line gives a "Object does not support this property or method" error. How do I correct this? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Paste the following declaration at the top of your module: Private Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwndLock As Long) As Long And then use these lines of code in your m...