Connect to a particular instance of IE

I've written a little network utility. Now I found it it useful to be
an IE plugin. It's not a real plugin since it still runs outside IE as
a separate EXE. I've managed to create a menu entry and toolbar button
for it. When I click it the program is launched. I also found how to
enumerate all running instances of IE When the program is launched it
becomes the topmost window but I need to know which was on top before
because from that instance I need to read the current URL. Or is it
easier to write a real plugin which runs inside IE. I would prefer
outside because it can be used standalone too. It's a dialog based
app, btw.

TIA,
Hans

0
hajue.ude (60)
11/25/2003 5:15:05 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you can use DDE to get the URL Loaded in any explorer window

Hans J. Ude <hajue.ude@arcor.de> wrote in message news:<jrn5sv4ri6k2tegnibatgt3c50hg595h4i@4ax.com>...
> I've written a little network utility. Now I found it it useful to be
> an IE plugin. It's not a real plugin since it still runs outside IE as
> a separate EXE. I've managed to create a menu entry and toolbar button
> for it. When I click it the program is launched. I also found how to
> enumerate all running instances of IE When the program is launched it
> becomes the topmost window but I need to know which was on top before
> because from that instance I need to read the current URL. Or is it
> easier to write a real plugin which runs inside IE. I would prefer
> outside because it can be used standalone too. It's a dialog based
> app, btw.
>
> TIA,
> Hans
0
xmontyx (28)
11/26/2003 9:58:06 AM
Not sure if the following KB article helps you. Anway take a look at it

        HOWTO: Connect to a Running Instance of Internet Explorer
        http://support.microsoft.com/?id=176792

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Hans J. Ude" <hajue.ude@arcor.de> wrote in message
> I've written a little network utility. Now I found it it useful to be
> an IE plugin. It's not a real plugin since it still runs outside IE as
> a separate EXE. I've managed to create a menu entry and toolbar button
> for it. When I click it the program is launched. I also found how to
> enumerate all running instances of IE When the program is launched it
> becomes the topmost window but I need to know which was on top before
> because from that instance I need to read the current URL. Or is it
> easier to write a real plugin which runs inside IE. I would prefer
> outside because it can be used standalone too. It's a dialog based
> app, btw.
>
> TIA,
> Hans

0
CheckAbdoul
11/26/2003 2:25:56 PM
"CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org> schrieb:

>Not sure if the following KB article helps you. Anway take a look at it
>
>        HOWTO: Connect to a Running Instance of Internet Explorer
>        http://support.microsoft.com/?id=176792

Thanks guys. Maybe I asked my question wrong or too complicated. There
is no problem with the COM connection. The problem is how to find out
from wich instance I have been started. I've seen a method on how to
connect to a browser by it's hwnd. But I must know which hwnd.

Hans

0
hajue.ude (60)
11/28/2003 1:32:53 AM
Why don't you use DDE to check for newly opened iexplorer windows it
is simple and will give the hwnd of the newly opened or closed windows

Hans J. Ude <hajue.ude@arcor.de> wrote in message news:<d19dsvscocl4tr9malo485ggaofdsmdmep@4ax.com>...
> "CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org> schrieb:
>
> >Not sure if the following KB article helps you. Anway take a look at it
> >
> >        HOWTO: Connect to a Running Instance of Internet Explorer
> >        http://support.microsoft.com/?id=176792
>
> Thanks guys. Maybe I asked my question wrong or too complicated. There
> is no problem with the COM connection. The problem is how to find out
> from wich instance I have been started. I've seen a method on how to
> connect to a browser by it's hwnd. But I must know which hwnd.
>
> Hans
0
xmontyx (28)

Hyperlinks not staying connected
We just upgraded to Excel 2003 from office 97 and I have mulitple users who use hyperlinks in their documents to link to other networked documents. The user enters the path of the target file as a UNC path (\\server\volume\...) and it works before they send it. They than email it to the respective people and when the target user opens that document it changes the hyperlink path to c:\documents and settings\.... Any ideas? Amanda ...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

IE 7 and OWA to Exchange 2003
I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve the problem. I still can't send mails. We're using Exchange 2003 standard with SP2 on Windows 2003 R2. Any thoughts ? Haim Beyhan "Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote: >I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new >message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve >the problem. I still can't send mails. >We're using Exchange 2003 sta...

Outlook 2000 and error 'Unable to connect to to server Error: 0x800CCC0E'
Hello, I am having a problem with one PC that has Outlook 2000 installed. When outlook is running in the background the dialog box will pop up with the error: Unable to connect to server. Error 0x800CCC0E I have verified that all of the pop3/smtp server settings are correct. I have tried to rebuild the outlook.pst file. This is not the problem. Also, I've deleted the profile and re-entered it from scratch. What could be causing this error and what is the remedy? Thanks. Mike "eljainc" <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:081480ab-b037-45a...

CRM does not work via Internet
CRM 1.2 is not currently working via Internet. It requires a VPN connection. Is there a way to make it work on regular internet or this limitation will be addressed in the next version? Are you referring to the web client or the SFO client? The web client can be accessed publicly provided you have the appropriate ports open through your firewall (default is 80). However, there are some major security considerations to doing this. Unless you are using SSL, your company data will be being transmitted through the internet unencrypted. Due to the nature of the SFO client and it's requir...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Problems trying to replace Pegasus as the default e-mail program in IE 8
Running Pegasus 4.21c on XP Home, SP 3 w/ IE 8. Long ago, I had set Pegasus as the default e-mail program for IE, and it has worked fine for a long time, even through IE updates. Now, I need to set either Outlook or Windows Live Mail as the default mail program in IE 8. The options for these two appear when I go to Tools | Internet Options | Programs. But when I select either as the default, IE still tries to open Pegasus when I click on the 'Read Mail' icon. And it's not even trying to open it from the correct location. It's trying to open it from a different driv...

Open Excel in New Instance
I hate the way Excel opens spreadsheets you double-click in Explorer in the same instance of Excel that is currently running. I want to change it so that it always opens a new instance of Excel. It's just to easy to lose data because of this innane configuration. If this is a FAQ then I'm sorry. I have spent a good deal of time searching Microsoft's web sites and googling for the answer with no luck. All I have found are other people who have complained about this problem without having any resolution. Thanks, Sean >It's just to easy to lose >data becaus...

How to develop a ie plugin?
Hi friends: I just want to develop a internet explorer plugin such as Flash player use MS vc++. But I even don't know how to begin.I search the Internet and find little info about this. pls give me some tip or some article. really appreicate Search for "Browser Helper Object' in msdn. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "L.J.S" <BcOnline2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ovtgh9CvEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi friends: > I just want to develop a internet explorer plugin such as Flash pl...

Find all instances
I have a large but simple Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2000)--no formulas, just text. Someone told me that there's a way of searching for all occurences of a word in the sheet. That is I'd go to Edit, Find, type in "John" and get all the occurences of "John" with a total number (53 "John" in the sheet). Is this possible? I can't figure it out. Or is it possible only in later versions of Excel. -- Richard xl2002 added a FindAll option. But you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ Richard wrote: > > I hav...

ODBC Connection
I have a problem with an ODBC Connection on a client workstation. I have followed all of these posts on all of these forums and nothing has resolved the issue. I'm receiving the error message Connection failed: SQL State: '08001' SQL Server Error: 17 Now a lot of the resolutions say to go into the Client Configuration and setup the server name to the following. "servername\instancename" with port 1433. Welp this isn't happening. Caution, a User DSN works ONLY for the user that created it. It is not recommended. When you created the ODBC...

Internet connection problem
Hi. I hope someone is able to cast some light on a problem. We have a home network (all computers running XP) some wired and some wireless. For about a month now we have intermittent connection problems in that any one computer (randomly) will not connect to internet. I think all of the computers have suffered from the problem. Rebooting the affected computer makes no difference but rebooting the router can sort it until the next time. Even my mobile phone occasionally cannot connect. In Firefox the message is just "server not found". Pinging an IP address results in a time...

How to make text speak without IE component
Dear firends I have a project that read in a text file. Each sentence is connected with a fraction of MP3 voice file. When clicking on each sentence, you can hear the pronunciation of the sentence. Currently we use IE component. However it was not suitable for other functions, e.g. search. We decided to give up IE component and use other MFC component. But we cannot find a proper available MFC component. Is there some available MFC component to do it that we miss it? If not, how to make such component? Thanks for the help. Aaron ...

Unable to contact email clients at a particular domain
Everytime I try to contact a user at one particular domain, I get the NDR pasted below. The IP address listed at the end of the NDR happens to be our public IP. They (surenet.net) can send to us no problem and as well, if I send them something from my hotmail account - it goes through. Could there be some sort of a configuration issue on our end?? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'les@surenet.net' on 21-Jul-2004 11:45 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <true3.tnlhdom.local #5....

3rd party server for connection okay?
We had a network guy come in and try to configure our network - 3 stores and HQ in seperate locations. Because of our router and dsl configuration, vpn would not work. He set up an outside ip address (dnsdyn.org) in order to have the stores and HQ talk. Still not working! ARGH!!!!!!! In the store it shows a connection but then states invalid store id. The store id is correct. In the HQ client the address is the ip address of the outside source and the port? Anyone know why this isn't working and have any suggestions???? Thank you! Are you sure the Store ID is correct? Does the messa...

recreated user account cannot connect to mailbox in exchange 2003
I have a very interesting problem. I will try to explain it as clearly as possible. I have a client whose user account seemed to disappear from AD. I do not know if it was accidently deleted or if a disappearance is a problem that can occur in AD. The Forest Root is a windows 2000 machine. But I discovered that the users mailbox still existed in Exchange. We use Exchange 2003 on aWIndows 2003 OS box. I recreated the user's account in AD but did not assign a mailbox since there was one already in the mail store. When I wnet to configure OUtlook for him, it would not allow me t...

resource editing different from IE?
Hi, I tried to open a JPG file from resource editor, it seems like 256 colors, but from IE, it is perfect, at least 16K. why? thanks ...

opening excel files in new instance
I want to know how to control how excel opens files. If I have a file open in excel and open another how do I do the following? 1. Have the new file open in a new excel window 2. Have the file open in the current excel window Here's a possible solution: http://myitkb.net/83/open-excel-2007-spreadsheets-in-different-windows.html "SBS user" <user@domain.com> wrote in message news:%23ipohFWXKHA.4588@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to know how to control how excel opens files. If I have a file open in excel and open another how do I do the following? > > 1. ...

Preventing repeat instances of an app in VC7
This code used to work in VC6, but not in a new application I've got in VC7 it would appear. I'm trying to prevent multiple instances of a dialog application from starting. I use a RegisterClass() in InitApplication(), then do a FindWindow() on the window class registered. However, in VC7 (.net) the call to RegisterWindow() doesn't appear to do anything, despite returning successfully. I've used Spy++, and the dialog has the default name (#32770 (dialog)), despite the code below having run. Anyone any ideas? Many thanks in advance, Dave BOOL CMyApp::InitApplication() {...

Color of a particular label on the Axis
Is it possible to have a color different from the other ones for particular label on the x-axis -- rvExcelNewTi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rvExcelNewTip's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50100 Hi, Have a look at this page. The last chart image contains a single formatted axis label. http://www.andypope.info/charts/staggeredlabels.htm Cheers Andy rvExcelNewTip wrote: > Is it possible to have a color different from the other...

Making a cell mandatory if another cell has a particular value
Hi, any help would be appreciated! I am trying to create a template where people fill out information about a user. I want cell C6 to be filled out (NOT empty) if cell C4 = "XX" or C4 = "YY". Then, I want to be able to save the template where C6 is blank so that people can fill it out later; Thank you! Lisa I would use an adjacent cell and a formula: =if(and(or(c4="xx",c4="yy"),c6=""),"Please answer C6","") And format this cell in big, bold, red, letters. If you have lots of values to check in C4...

Connection point stays green when connecting shapes.
In Visio 2003 Professional I try to connect some shapes but whatever I do, no shape to shape connection will be made. The connection points stay green and when I move a shape, the lines will be a mess. What is strange that there are shape to shape connections in the drawing (I am modifying an existing one) but when these connections are modified, they are changes to point-to-point or shape-to-point connections (the connection point turns green even when trying to connect to another shape). No doubt this is a simple matter of selecting the right setting but I have no clue and the sugges...

Connection to exchange server
I can't connect to exchange server to get mail, and I am about out of ideas. I think I have tried everything I can find anywhere on the web...... When I try to resolve the name, I get "This action could not be completed. The connection to the MS Exchange server is unavailable. OL must be online or connected to complete this action". I am on a wireless network behind a firewall, but the firewall allows OL, and I have configured other machines to connect from the same location(it makes no difference if I take the firewall down anyway). Other machines can access any acco...

RPC/HTTP Connection Option Missing
I have a user whose outlook settings is missing the RPC/HTTP connection options and settings. I deleted the outlook profile and started fresh and am still seeing this. They are using OLK 2003. Is there a piece of outlook that is not installed? We are already on 2007 here in my office and this person is overseas so I can't just pop in and check. Thanks for any help! -Matthew ...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...