Compound Document Support and Automation in MFC Wizard

Hi

There are 2 similiar(I think) options in MFC App. Wizard.

In one step we can set Compound Document Support and in Advanced Features
page we can check Automation.

But aren't they to support COM technology?
Why are there 2 different places to add support?
What is the difference between these 2 options?

Thanks..
Thanks...
0
sawer (30)
10/17/2008 9:23:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Compound Document Support means you can include, for example, an Excel spreadsheet in your
app.  Automation support means that another program can control yours via automation.
Therefore, they are solving two different problems.  You might have a completely
standalone app (which cannot be controlled via automation) but which can have an Excel
spreadsheet in it, or you can be someone else's embedded document (which is one of the
features you get with automation).  Note that apps like Office are both, NotePad has
neither, hence there are two options.
					joe

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:23:02 -0700, sawer <sawer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>There are 2 similiar(I think) options in MFC App. Wizard.
>
>In one step we can set Compound Document Support and in Advanced Features
>page we can check Automation.
>
>But aren't they to support COM technology?
>Why are there 2 different places to add support?
>What is the difference between these 2 options?
>
>Thanks..
>Thanks...
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Supersized documents
I do a 6 page newsletter that incorporates maybe 15 or so images (some clip art.... some snagged from the web). Copyright issues aside (this is a SMALL NEWSLETTER for local members of a craft club -- no money making involved), I am frustrated in that my document seems to grow to enormous sizes. Generally -- I take last month's document... do a save as... then delete nearly all of the content. This preserves the need for recreating several repeat features/headlines. Pictures are usually either jpg or gifs. I then rebuild next month's newsletter. I print it to PDF for easy di...

Document Date vs. Batch Date
Can someone explain to me the difference between document date and batch date. The way I understand it, the document date refers to the date the item will hit the subledger and the batch date (if batch date is the posting option) refers to the date the transaction will hit the general ledger. Is this correct? Does this mean that if I have all my periods open for a year and I enter a cash receipt transaction with a document date of 05/01/04 in a batch with a batch date of 06/01/04 that my subledger will not balance to my general ledger for that month? Elizabeth, You've got it ...

Need help with printing Excel document
I want to print it out exactly as it looks on the screen. With all the cells and rows visable. Highlight all the cells you wish to see printed out. Then do File > PrintArea > SetPrintArea...........then do File > PrintPreview.......what you see is what will print out, assuming you have the correct print drivers and margins set etc......... If it still don't work, post back with more details. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jody mullis via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:507040B8C48C0@OfficeKB.com... > I want to print it out exactly a...

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...

How to spwan(in MFC)?
how to spwan??? Hello, WinExec() system() ShellExecute[Ex]() CreateProcess() Regards, Elias http://www.codeproject.com/system/newbiespawn.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "�Ϲο�" <fuerza@kebi.com> wrote in message news:bh79mv$m1n$1@news1.kornet.net... > how to spwan??? > > ...

unwanted blank pages in document
Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. Do I have any way of accessing them? Is it set up as a booklet? -- Don Vancouver, USA "PhysWhiz" <PhysWhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58DB94F-8C81-48C8-B7B9-E55EC0BEF593@microsoft.com... > Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank > pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. > Do I have any way of accessin...

Copying dates between Excel documents
I have noticed that when I copy a date eg/ 23/02/04 (UK format) from on Excel document to another the date becomes 22/02/00. Has anyone comes across this, its really infuriating as I have t redate everything again Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com XL has two date systems, the Windows default 1900 date system, in which the 0-base date is 31 December 1899, and the MacXL default 1904 date system, in which the 0-base date is 1 January 1904. The systems differ by 4 years and a day. To resolve your issue, make sure that both workbooks have the same date system selected...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

VC++6.0: Access violation while creating wizard with PropertySheet
I'm attempting to create a wizard using the tutorial at http://devcentral.iftech.com/articles/MFC/wizards/default.php. I've gotten as far as creating a dialog, associating it with a class derived from CPropertyPage, and adding that to a CPropertySheet dialog. Also, I call SetWizardMode in the appropriate place. It runs fine on XP. On ME, I get an access violation the SECOND time I run it, not the first. The accessviolation happens after calling CWizardDlg's DoModal method, specifically when the PropertySheet function is called. Once I get the access violation, I keep get...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

Finding Desktop region in MFC
I am working on a commercial application, and recently discovered a bug I have been asked to fix (they threw it back in my lap). Run the application on a 2-monitor system, such as a laptop in a dock with an external monitor. Drag the main window to the second (non-taskbar) window and quit. Now move the laptop to a different dock with the second menu on the other side (or without a second monitor at all) and launch the app. Oops. The app continues to want to go on the side it was last put, even though there is now no monitor there. (Yes, my dock in the office and at home have the second ...

Document Map showing
On one of my reports that I open via web server I get the preview display fine but it shows a "Document Map" section at the left that shows the ID number I am using as a link parameter in a subreport. How can I get rid of this when running the report? Thanks. -- David ...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

How can I set the padding to zero if the document is pdf?

getting rid of the standard mfc icon (in taskbar)
i made an application based on mfc, and used the standard mfc icon up until now. i thought changing it would be a simple task. in the resource editor i got rid of all mfc icons in various resolutions, and replaced it with my own icon in 3 different resolutions. it does work in almost all the places: the main window is shown with the correct icon, the taskbar shows correctly with the icon, even MessageBox() shows the icon now, but as soon as i do open a MessageBox while my main-window is shown, the counter in taskbar moves up to two (you know how windows xp groups together tasks with th...

CAsyncSocket()::OnReceive() will not be fired !!! -> MFC BUG ?!?
Hello peoples i have wrotten a FTP-Client with a own Class of CAsyncSocket. Sometime the messagge from the Server will NOT BE reveiced, but the server have ben sendet to the Client ( the OnReceive() of the Client is not called !!) I use MSVS6.0 OR can´t use the CAsyncSocket for a FTP-Client ? ( the CInternetConnetion can´t use, why i need ALL sended and received data for displaying regard Nico van Halobar Nico van Halobard wrote: > Hello peoples, > > i have wrotten a FTP-Client with a own Class of CAsyncSocket. Sometime the messagge from the Server will NOT BE revei...

Wizard button text
I am creating a Wizard with slightly non-standard behaviour and I need to change the text of the Finished and Cancel buttons. I can use SetFinishText() for the Finished button but can't see a way to change the text of the Cancel button. Is it possible to do this? The reason I want this behaviour is that the Wizard allows the user to configure devices and I want them to be able to set up several devices without restarting the Wizard each time. So the "Finished" button would be better labelled "Configure" or "Apply" because it applies the settings to ...

The member '...' has no supported translation to SQL.
Hello, I have the following Linq Query: public IQueryable<Models.Task> FindByAppointmentAndUserUsername(DateTime appointment, String username) { IQueryable<Models.Task> ts = _context.Tasks.Select(t => new Models.Task { Id = t.Id, Appointment = t.Appointment, //Conclusion = t.Conclusion.ToArray(), //Plan = t.Plan.ToArray(), User = t.User == null ? new Models.User() : new Models.User { Id = t.User.Id, Name = t.User.Name }, Zone = t.Zone }).Where(t => t.Appointment.Date == appointment.Date &am...

Help with Document Merging
I am not even sure if this is possible....so I will give you some background to help you understand what I need... Thanks in advance for any help you can provide... I work for a staffing firm and we use various questionnaires to collect information about our candidates. Each questionnaire is targeted to a specific type of candidate, i.e. a questionnaire for accounting candidates versus a questionnaire for an HR candidate or an IT candidate. Each questionnaire has a set of questions that is specific for that job type, but each questionnaire also has a set of general question...

Preview Documentation?
Hi -- Our company is evaluating new accounting software and we are probably going to choose between Great Plains and Navision. I am curious to know if it is possible to get a copy of the documentation for both of these products before we make our final selection. We have had demos from the two companies who will sell us either of these products, but as the IT Director I would like to get a deeper look at these products. Since it did not seem possible to get a demo to run on our network, I thought the documentation might be a good way to try to get a better grasp on these products. Any...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but thi...

Cannot edit EXCEL Document
I'm reposting this question with a more precise subject . . . I've upgraded 15 locations to IE 8.0. At one of the sites, upon trying to edit a file in Excel, I get the message "Edit Document" requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application and IE 6.0 or greater". I'm running 8.0 and Excel 2003 is running like at my other sites. I did not get any "run Active X" bars that I failed to click on. I cleared the cache and rebooted the computer. Any ideas on what I should do? Does Microsoft have a telephone number for support that I ca...

How can I print documents saved separately in My Pictures back-to-
Need to print scanned docs saved in My Pictures back-to-back to save paper. How? I know about Print-properties-Duplex, but these are all separate files, so not sure how to do it. Help! To use Word to do it, you would have to insert all of the scanned documents into a Word document and then print that document in duplex mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "anno" <anno@discussions.microsoft.com>...