Components and Control Gallery missing in VS2005

I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting and
importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0.  How do
I use this in Visual Studio 2005?

Marathoner

0
rajk2000 (39)
12/16/2008 8:33:12 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

marathoner wrote:
> I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting and
> importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0.  How do
> I use this in Visual Studio 2005?

Marothoner:

It's pretty hard when it's not there. Long gone.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

Marathoner

"David Wilkinson" <no-reply@effisols.com> wrote in message
> marathoner wrote:
>> I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting
>> and importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0.
>> How do I use this in Visual Studio 2005?
>
> Marothoner:
>
> It's pretty hard when it's not there. Long gone.
>
> --
> David Wilkinson
> Visual C++ MVP

0
rajk2000 (39)
12/16/2008 9:44:47 PM
Was your initial question regarding the 'Controls toolbar' of VC 6?
This is now (VC2005/2008) called Toolbox and displayed when
you view a dialog in resource file. If not, still open a dialog and
select View->Toolbox menu item, you will see the controls listed.

resource duplication: Open the resource files of the two or more
projects within one project/solution and copy/paste the dialogs
from one resource file to the other.

Here is a question to you: Are you a code marathoner or a real
marathoner that runs 26.2 miles? Welcome to my club if you are
the runner type, I raced 6 of them this year. :)

"marathoner" <rajk2000@msn.com.invalid> wrote in message
| Then, how do I export and import dialog resources across projects in VS2005?
|
| Marathoner
|

| "David Wilkinson" <no-reply@effisols.com> wrote in message
| > marathoner wrote:
| >> I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting
| >> and importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0.
| >> How do I use this in Visual Studio 2005?
| >
| > Marothoner:
| >
| > It's pretty hard when it's not there. Long gone.
| >
| > --
| > David Wilkinson
| > Visual C++ MVP

If you open both projects, you can copy and paste them. Not really satisfactory.

But no, the Gallery of VC6 has disappeared, along with ClassWizard.

marathoner wrote:
> Then, how do I export and import dialog resources across projects in VS2005?
>
> Marathoner
>

> "David Wilkinson" <no-reply@effisols.com> wrote in message
>> marathoner wrote:
>>> I found using "Components and Control Gallery" very useful in exporting
>>> and importing classes with resources between projects in Visual C++6.0.
>>> How do I use this in Visual Studio 2005?
>> Marothoner:
>>
>> It's pretty hard when it's not there. Long gone.
>>
>> --
>> David Wilkinson
>> Visual C++ MVP

Outlook 2000
The accept, decline, and tentative buttons are missing when I receive a meeting request. The request comes through as a regular email message. I have searched the knowledge base and I can't find anything for 2000 using exchange server. Thank you. ...

asp.net ListView control
Hello, after creating/configuring a ListView with a SQLDataSource and running it successfully in the IE browser, when coming back to design mode the 'Configure ListView...' option disappears. Does anyone know why this happens and is there a setting to prevent it from disappearing? Thanks in advance. ...

Combo Box in control Toolbox
i have multiple combo boxes in one sheet. where can i set the tab order so i can navigate using the tab key? need your help asap See a similar post yesterday http://tinyurl.com/gycb3 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Rook" <Rook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A0CB3E7-589C-43F9-8246-C872A34544E1@microsoft.com... > i have multiple combo boxes in one sheet. where can i set the tab order so i > can navigate using the tab key? > > need your help asap ...

Move from one page to another on a tab control
I've just tried samples from about 6 different posts and have been unable to solve this. Quite simply (and I know it must be), I have a tab control (Name=TabCtl36) with 6 pages on it. On Page 2 (Page Index 1) I have a field STOCK. When someone enters text in the STOCK field, I want the After Update event of the STOCK field to set the focus to the DESCRIPTION field on Page 3 (Page Index 2). Can someone help me with the syntax (please be exact using field/tab names above). Thanks. Ernie Try Private Sub STOCK_AfterUpdate() Me!DESCRIPTION.SetFocus End Sub HTH Peter Hibbs On 1...

sending CString to CStatic label control from worker thread
I need to send a CString from a thread to a static label on the main dialog form. I think I have the thread working okay, but I am unsure how to send the CString to the dialog control. I have seen information on using PostMessage and SendMessage, but I don't really understand how to use these functions. Obviously I can't do like I tried below and I can't get a pointer to the control from the thread function, so just how do I say send the word "hello" to the SetWindowText() function of the label control on the dialog form. I have looked on the Internet and in se...

Optional Data Series & Missing Data in dynamic ranges?
Excel2000 Example file: http://www.mattkruse.com/temp/chart.xls I'm not new to Excel, but two things have always bugged me and I've never taken the time to figure out the correct answers. Can anyone help? 1) In the example file above, I have place-holders for 2 sets of data in my chart. Is it possible to tell the chart NOT to plot a data series if it doesn't contain any values? In other words, I'd like the chart to optionally show 4 lines, if the data exists. But if data only exists for 1 line, don't show the others in the legend at all. Possible? 2) In the example file,...

Media player changes Wave volume control
I am using Windows XP and every time I play a video in Windows Media Player, it changes Wave Volume Control, not the main volume, wave volume. At first I could not figure out why the volume on my computer was so low even when the main volume was set high. Not until I double clicked on speaker icon on taskbar, I noticed wave volume was very low. Every time I play a movie, wave volume gets changed back to very low. I could understand it adjusting main volume for loud movies, but why wave, not main volume? How do I prevent Media Player from changing it? And Windows Media Player is the only one th...

how to use context menu on list control thumbnail
hi i m working on a project ...... i have to use context menu on list control thumbnail .i m very new in vc++ and i do not know how it wil happen . plz some one can solve my problem i m using dilog box based application nandan This article has the basics. If you want the pop up menu to be specific for the selected items you can check to see if any items are selected in the various command UI handlers for the menu items and dim the menu items as needed. http://www.borngeek.com/coding/general/popup_menu_control.html Tom <nandan.mehra@gmail.com> wrote in...

How to Tell a tab control which tab to have open from the ON_Load
Hi, I have a form with a tab control with lots of tabs. In the on_load of the form, based on where the user came from, I want to be able to tell which tab is "open" when the form is drawn. Any idea? Thanks, Steve Examine the Value of the tab control. It is equal to the PageIndex of the chosen page. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "SteveInBeloit" <SteveInBeloit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBF790EE-DE33-...

How to retain values in a FormView control after rebinding the data
I have a FormView with a couple of DropDownLists and a Button. When clicked the button adds a new value to one of the DropDownLists and then calls DataBind on the FormView to repopulate the DropDownList (calling it on the DropDownList produces a binding error). In the button's click event handler I read in the values currently stored in the formview's fields, rebind the data and then put the values back (as I want any values currently entered but not saved to remain in the fields). However, the values don't the reappear in the FormView. I have tried repopulating o...

Can VS2005 randomly prevent IE7 from browsing?
I use Internet Explorer v7 on Vista. Also, I run frequently Visual Studio 2005. All with the latest Microsoft updates and service packs. Every few days IE stops browsing, and any attempt to use any url results in empty page with error "The address is not valid" When it happens the Internet connection is fine, I can use all other programs that use Internet, e.g. I can ping any website. Closing IE and restarting does not help. When it happens, IE does not show any enabled add-ons so this problem does not appear to be caused by any add-on. I cleared/deleted all temp files. history...

keeping list control item #2
hello I am a beginner, in programming. i have made a list control in which i keep items. how can i make the list control to retain the values even when i quit the program thanks At the point of exit: for(int i =0; ; i++) { /* clear Registry */ // delete the value // HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MyCompany\MyProgram\SavedValues\Whatever\i // where the key is created by CString::Format /// if the operation fails because the key doesn't exist, exit the loop } /* clear registry for(int i = 0; i < c_Whatever.GetCount(); i++) { /* save items */ CSt...

H E L P ! ! ! Mailbox out of control
I have a user mailbox creating nearly 10,000 messages per minute. Where do I start to troubleshoot? The user probably has a virus on their PC (client). "Jim" <im@home.now> wrote in message news:%23caJaTtQEHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have a user mailbox creating nearly 10,000 messages per minute. Where do > I start to troubleshoot? > > I've run a symantec scan against exchange and a virus sweep across the network but found nothing. "Anonymous Coward" <dont@even.think.about.it> wrote in message news:%23mpYnqtQEHA.3012@tk2msftngp1...

Combined date time cell to separate date & time components #2
From file dump have combined date time cells eg 14/04/03 14:20 (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) See the reply to your post in the microsoft.public.excel newsgroup. Please don't post the same question to multiple groups. It just wastes the time of those replying to a question that was...

Control reciepient list in email template from Workflow rule?
Does anyone know howto control the reciepient list in email templates sent from a workflow rule? //Martin Hoegsted ...

some data missing when printing excel.
some data is missing when i print the excel file. there is nothing wrong when i preview the file. the printing area is well set. Is it a laser printer? Perhaps it's a printer memory problem. Try reducing the DPI resolution of your print in File Print Properties and see if this works. Cheers Pete "exceluser" wrote: > some data is missing when i print the excel file. there is nothing wrong when > i preview the file. the printing area is well set. ...

display chart based on control box
Hi I want to give users an option of selecting a zone / parameter thru a control box. Based on the value they select, the chart should get displayed. How can i do this? Nikhil Hi, This would probably be done through code, but before that you should see if you can use the AutoFilter to do the job. The user can pick an item from the autofilter and Excel charts only the selected item. You can do something similar by plotting your chart from a pivot table. However, if those two ideas don't meet your needs you would need to supple a lot more detail before anyone here is going to ...

Text color changing for a Tree Control Item
Hello Friends, I want to change the text color of an item present in a Tree control at the run time depending upon some value. For example I am having a boolean variable bool bValid = false; I want set the item text color to red whenever bValid == true; How can this be done? Please help me. thanks in Advance. Neelesh K J Jain. -- Quality is not an accident. Its the outcome of SmartWork How about this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c633/ AliR. "Neelesh K J Jain" <NeeleshKJJain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

DEX_SESSION and/or DEX_LOCK missing after restart?
Thanks in advance for any info. I restarted our SQL Server and users were unable to use Great Plains 8.0. I could connect via Query Analyzer, but not GP. I found a couple of KB articles stating that the locks.sql file needs to be reapplied to TempDB. OK, this corrected my problem, at least it appears to be corrected. My questions are, why were the tables not automatically re-created? TempDB gets rebuilt on every restart, so how do these tables get rebuilt? Why now that it stopped recreating them? Is this going to be recurring? Thanks, Morgan This is amazing, I'm having to run...

VC
I need a way to come up with a simple (free) combobox activeX control I can use in a third party development tool. I tried just subclassing ComboBoxEx using the ActiveX control wizard in VC6. It clearly creates the control, but it doesn't seem to be created with the properties and methods (like AddItem/New) and when I plop on a VB6 form it doesn't look like a combobox. Granted I am newbie working way over my head, by why would the ActiveX control wizard ask me which control to inherit from if it isn't going to give me _roughly_ the same functionality? Can anyone point me in a di...

RMA Return Item Number Missing
I am having a problem with the Return Item Number disappearing on my RMA. I found a knowledgebase article, 856287, detailing my problem. Quality Report Description: You are allowed to close the RMA before the RMA is entered. This causes the RMA to have a status of 0. Reported in Version\Build: 7.50g01b Steps to Recreate: 1. On Release 7.0, in the RMA Entry/Update window, enter a Repair and Return RMA for any customer and any item then save. 2. Receive the RMA you just created. 3. Bring up the RMA in the RMA Entry/Update window. 4. Click on the customer path expansion, enter an invoice item n...

Missing messages?
What could have happened if there is a log of a message being delivered to several mailboxes (in message tracking), but none of the mailboxes have received the message? How do I start troubleshooting something like this? Thanks, Peter. if message tracking says it was delivered, it's most likely that it was...I would start by going to one of the people who received it, and doing an advanced find for the message...check for rules, views, check dumpster for all folders (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178630). It has to be there somewhere unless the users have dele...

Detecting missing dates....
> 5/7/04 16:03 Roger > 5/10/04 9:02 Roger > 5/10/04 15:59 Roger > 5/11/04 8:57 Roger > 5/11/04 15:59 Roger > 5/12/04 9:06 Roger > 5/12/04 15:59 Roger > 5/14/04 8:19 Roger > 5/14/04 16:30 Roger > 5/16/04 9:27 Roger > 5/16/04 16:12 Roger Above is part of a list of time and dates at which Roger went to a office. Is there a way to detect / find out on which day, Roger didn' go to the office? As u can see, 5/13/04 and 5/15/04 are missing, becaus he didn't use his attendance card.....So how do I find out on whic dates he was absent using Excel -- Message ...

'Send Using' missing in Outlook 2003
Hi, Our company wants to upgrade to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000. The major sticking point at the moment is that their is no 'Send Using' command in 2003 like there was in 2000. With 2003 you have to select which Account to send from 1st before hitting the send button. If our users forget this step then emails will be sent from the wrong dept etc. With Send Using it forces them to think and select the correct account to send from. Are there any addins that replicate this functionality in 2003? We really want the spam & security features of 2003 but can't upgrade til we...

Exhange tabs not on second domain controller.
In Active Directory Users and Computers on my main Domain controller I have the exchange tabs on each users but I do not on the second domain conrtoller. I cant remember if I had to install something to see this so can someone help? How can I view the exchange tabs on the second domain controller. Sorry for the easy question I just cant remember. Install the exchange system tools "Donnie Barnes" <DonnieBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E705379E-3951-411A-A42E-65039F6EC2EE@microsoft.com... > In Active Directory Users and Computers on my main Doma...