command line

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C4EB52.AD6F3A90

How do you exeucte a command line from within a program?

Thanks,
Marge

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C4EB52.AD6F3A90

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>
<BODY>
<DIV>How do you exeucte a command line from within a program?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Marge</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML></FONT></FONT>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C4EB52.AD6F3A90--

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

use the "system function" from the standard library....I guess this will do
you...i haven't tried it though

"Marge Inoferror" wrote:

> How do you exeucte a command line from within a program?
>
> Thanks,
> Marge

0
saju (6)

I am having problems with line spacing in Publisher.
I am having a problem with Publisher 2003 and the spacing of the last lines of paragraphs. I am using a catalogue template to produce a "facebook" of people and information about them. At every last paragraph line, there is about 1/3 to 1/2 of an extra line's worth of space. The rest of the paragraph is fine; only the last line does this. I have tried, in the "Style and Formatting" box, checking the "Widow and Orphan Control" item, as well as the "Keep lines together" item. It doesn't seem to work. The style that I am using is "Accent ...

line spacing vs paragraph spacing
I understand paragraph spacing. When i write I like to delineate points by using short sentences within a paragraph. Like the old typewriter carriage return - 1 for line, two for paragraph. So how do i set up a line return key so it maintains the same spacing as if word automatically wrapped? I'm using 2007. thanks One way I've worked around is to set enter/paragraph key to 0 spacing before & after & single line. Then it's press once for line & twice for paragraph. "WebWalker" wrote: > I understand paragraph spacing. When i write I like...

How do I delete an unwanted dotted line in the middle of my text.
I can't delete it. I didn't put it in, it just appeared. I can't even select it. In Borders and tables, it doesn't show that anything is there. What is this and how can I get rid of it? What version of Word are you using? Is the line horizontal or vertical? If it's horizontal, does it extend all the way across the page or just from the left to the right margin? I'm assuming that it's not a section break, column break, or page break, since those are identified, at least in recent versions of Word. They can also be deleted. Does the line pri...

Start/End dates on invoice detail lines...
How do you get an invoice to put in on each detail line the date started/ended from the time entry page? -- Keith ''StarPilot'' Barrows ASPInsider http://sol3.net/ ...

How do I keep from printing extra lines on a file in Excel
I am trying to print a file with out printing the extra lines that appear at the end. One of my files prints without the extra lines; the other one prints extra lines. I can't figure out the difference in the 2 files Have yo set the print range? "Verle" <Verle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7FF1C8-7D63-4159-9968-582817313295@microsoft.com... > I am trying to print a file with out printing the extra lines that appear at > the end. One of my files prints without the extra lines; the other one > prints extra lines. I can't figure out the...

Advanced Find Command??
Is there an advanced find command or some kind of command where I can search through a particular column of dates and go to each row where the date is less than Feb 1, 2005. I thought I could use either the filter command but couldn't use the advanced filter to find dates?? Try an AutoFilter. Specify "Custom" on drop-down and select "is less than" and then the date. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there an advanced find command or some kind of command where I can search >through a particular column of dates and go to each row ...

line and column numbers
Hi In Word'03 I am trying to find out how you would insert text into a document at line and column number reference points . so I know that on page 1 and 2 and 3 I would like to enter the value of "1" at Ln 1 Col 35 how would I do this in VBA code. Thanks for your help. Rob -- robhargreaves ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robhargreaves's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392120 The best way is to cheat: record t...

Removing unnamed Legend lines from an Excel template
I have created an Excel template with a maximum number of 10 series. The worksheet is populated with series data from an Access application. Everything works fine in terms of getting the data from Access to Excel and then having the chart created. The problem is that if 9 or fewer series are sent to the template, the Legend still shows all ten series even though the chart shows only the actual number of series. The "extra" series shown in the Legend do not have a name. I want to remove these 'extra' series from the Legend. I think it would be easier to do this within the...

equation for smoothed XY Scatter line
In an XY Scatter Chart, where the selected chart is, "Scatter with data points connected by smoothed Lines without markers.", is there a way to obtain the function of the line? Perhaps not... since an XY scatter wouldn't necessarily need to be a function, but this one is. (the trendlines don't fit well, though.( Thanks. Mark Hi Mark - Brian Murphy discusses the bezier curves Excel uses to draw the smoothed curve connecting the points. Look for a link on his main page to his Excel stuff: http://xlrotor.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier ...

legend description and line color on chart not in synch
I have a data table with date and 5 data columns to chart in a line. The legend displays all the data items, but the lines display different colors and "series name"s than the legend. When I chart the data separately there is no problem. When I add an item, that's when it becomes altered. George ...

Catalog Merge Blank Lines
In Publisher 2003, consider the following example for a Catalog Merge: <<name>> <<address_1>> <<address_2>> <<city>>, <<state>> <<zip>> If the address_2 field in my data set is empty, I do not want a blank line. When I preview records, the blanks lines do disappear but, then, when I complete the merge creating a directory, all of the blank lines appear again. Any suggestions? Thanks... ...

Line styles for Cell Borders
I would like to know if there is a way to add to or alter the available line styles for cell borders that appear in the Fomatting window. The number of styles is vary limited. I would like to be able to alter or add to the thickness of the lines and the types of lines shown. Is there a way to easily do this? Carl Not that I know of. You could always try putting a transparent rectangle over the cell, but I don't see a large number of options there (maybe 6?) for the line styles. On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:45:01 -0800, "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

On-Line Quotes
I cannot get on-line quotes to work. The symbols are valid yet I get a message saying that they are "not recognized". Ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Denny wrote: >I cannot get on-line quotes to work. The symbols are >valid yet I get a message saying that they are "not >recognized". Ideas? What program are you using? Are you in the US? What are some symbols that are "not recognized"? Do any of your symbols/quotes work? How long have you had this problem? >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Denny wrote: > ...

how to add linear line to the graph
Hi there. I'm doing control chart study and I have plotted one scatter plot in my graph. I want to plot three more linear line inside the graph but I do not know how to carry it out. The equation is something like y=0.2655, y=0.224, y=0.304. Could anyone help me with this? I have allocated this task f\by my supervisor as I'm a new trainee. Thanks. Regards, Doven Yap Add a Line to a Column or Line Chart http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html Run Chart with Mean and Standard Deviation Lines http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html - Jon ---...

Data Label Leader Lines
I have chosen to display data label leader lines on my pie chart, saved and closed the file, but when I go back, the leader lines are no longer visible. Suggestions? Hi, What version of Excel are you using? It often seems that if you turn the leader line option on Excel will not display the lines if it figures the label's position makes it self explanitory. If you drag the data labels one at a time to slightly different postions the should display. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "nh" wrote: > I have chosen to display ...

Spam
Hi all... I am getting alot of this spam with blank subject lines or blank sender lines... any ideas as to what I can do in terms of message rules or what ever ? I am running win98 second edition, fully patched and Outlook 2000 SP3 Thanks a lot --- Merry christams to all Do not leave your real address at this site. "John Corbin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006001c3c7f7$a55bc410$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all... > > I am getting alot of this spam with blank subject lines > or blank sender lines... > > any ideas as to what...

W-2s across state lines
Hello: If an employee say works in Virginia but lives in North Carolina, how does Great Plains print the proper W-2 forms with the proper amounts per the two states? Thanks! childofthe1980s Assuming the person who set up the employee and the person who enters payroll transactions has properly identified NC with that employee, then the system should automatically print any wages withheld for that state on the W2. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > If an employee say works in Virginia but lives in North Carolina, how does > Great Plai...

Scatter Chart w/ Lines limit?
I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the week ( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop on each individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add anymore dates. Why can I add more data? Thank you in advance, Maurolava In general the limits are generous: 32,000 points per series, a total of 256,000 points per chart. Your limit may be due to adding one point at a time using the Ctrl key to select individual cells. This produces a large series formula, because each cell has its address (including worksheet name)...

Total line makes query too complex
So I have created my functions to calculate the expected deduction per deduction per agent number per account number. The problem I am having now is that I need to sum up the deductions per agent number per account number. (Each agent may have multiple deductions in the account.) I was working on this DSum, but am getting a not defined error on DeductConcate: Public Function ExpectedDeductionsSum() As Variant ExpectedDeductionsSum = DSum("[ExpectedDeductionsToDate]", "[qryExpectedDeductions]", "[DeductConcate] = '" & [DeductConcate] & &...

CToolbar and update command UI
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C4B787.EA5C6C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've got a VC7.1 MFC MDI application with a couple of toolbars. The = first toolbar in the standard on generated by the app wizard. The second = has a couple of buttons whose Id's are mapped in the document class with = ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI. Clicking a button changes a state variable used in = the update handler then executes a worker thread. The last thing the = worker thread does is toggle the ...

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

Assign Macro to Command Button
I am running Microsoft Excell version 9.0 and cannot get the assign macro command to come up when I put a command button on the worksheet. I have done this many times in the past with no problem with different versions of Excel. Am I missing something. Thanks for your reply If the button is from the Forms toolbar the Assign Macro dialog opens when a button is placed in a worksheet. If it's from the Control Toolbox this does not happen. You just double-click the button to get to the assigned macro. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Double Line Spacing #2
Hi, I have changed my Outlook settings so that it doesn't use Word to compose email messages. This is a requirement so that I can use Sage ACT! functionality. The problem is that my signature now appears with double line spacing. If I set it to compose as plain text as opposed to HTML this solves the problem, except for when I reply to an HTML email. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks "Shaun" <shaunthornburgh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eu0Gclr3HHA.4680@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have changed my Outlook settings so that it...

Command Buttons Not Responding on First Click
Using Access 2003. Very simple, I have a command button to close the form. Code is as follows (form is called "Select212Form") Private Sub btnMenu_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnMenu_Click DoCmd.Close acForm, "Select212Form" Exit_btnMenu_Click: Exit Sub Err_btnMenu_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_btnMenu_Click End Sub The button does nothing the first time it's clicked. Next time, I click it, it works! It's not a double-click, there is a pause between clicks. If I put a breakpoint in there, it enters the routine on the first click ...

Accessing full command line or parameters WITH QUOTES
I'm trying to write a script that manipulates its command line and then runs the command line. E.g.: myscript.vbs "C:\Full Path\Program.exe" /option"Some option" "C:\Some file" /etc which would then execute: "C:\Full Path\Program.exe" /option"Some other option" "C:\Some other file" /etc The problem is that VBScript doesn't allow access to the full command line like most other languages. Furthermore, the individual parameters get the quotes stripped, so WScript.Arguments returns: C:\Full Path\Program....