Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) ?

Is this technology still current or is there something better to use?

Can I use CDO to access Outlook on a non server operating system?

Thanks
Tom

0
mgroszko (14)
9/2/2003 1:32:31 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Data Consolidation Problems in using wild cards in range names
I am using Excel 2003. I am not able to use wild cards in naming data ranges in the data consolidation dialog box. It gives the response as 'Wrong Reference'. How to use the wild cards ? and *. ...

Free/Busy Data Not Available after Jan 2004
Runing 1 site with 3 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers. When creating meeting requests all Free/Busy data starting on Jan 1 2004 and after is not available for any invited attendees. This is true for Outlook 2000, 2003 clients. Any Ideas would be appreciated. "Jerry Hook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Runing 1 site with 3 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers. When >creating meeting requests all Free/Busy data starting on >Jan 1 2004 and after is not available for any invited >attendees. This is true for Outlook 2000, 2003 clients. >Any Ideas would be a...

data validation list font size
Can you change the font size of the data validation list as it appears in the drop-down? The font is very small. I increased the font size in the original list, but it does not seem to carry through to the drop-down version. Thanks! The only way I'm aware of to accomplish this is to increase your view percentage. That's it. :( <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com <-*-><-*->...

Import Access data into Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way to do this without having to write VB code? I have an Access table which has fields such as Product_ID, Product_Description, Product_Image etc. To generate a quotation for a customer in Excel, I would like to create a worksheet where the user would enter the Product_ID in one cell so that the Product_Description, Product_Price etc. loads automatically into adjacent cells on the same row of the Excel worksheet. In other words, the values for the remaining cells in the row woudl be automatically looked up from the Access table. It is necessary to use Excel because only one user...

Z report data is from where?
Where in the database Z report gets its data such as: a. Discounts (total discounts for the day) b. Customer Count (I guess the same as # of transactions) c. Count of Tender Type Is it as simple as: a. discount=item.price - transactionentry.price b. Count([transaction].transactionnumber) (with a case statement [transaction].total =! 0 "sammm" wrote: > Where in the database Z report gets its data such as: > > a. Discounts (total discounts for the day) > b. Customer Count (I guess the same as # of transactions) > c. Count of Tender Type All of the Z report informa...

Data mining
Hi, I'd like to change data column to row, it's the apposite way with cross tab query. These are the sample of data: Product NY NJ CT AAA 3 5 4 BBB 5 10 6 CCC 6 4 And I'd like to change data above become like these: Product State Qty AAA NY 3 AAA NJ 5 AAA CT 4 BBB NY 5 BBB NJ 10 BBB CT 6 CCC NY 6 CCC ...

The data area passed to a system call is too small
Hello, I have just tried to use some working VC++6.0 code compiled with the ..NET2003 complier and now get the error "The data area passed to a system call is too small" - error code 122. Can anyone help? Thanks, Clive "Clive Taylor" <CliveTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6C135E1-1D56-4385-A133-705B83041E38@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have just tried to use some working VC++6.0 code compiled with the > .NET2003 complier and now get the error "The data area passed to a system > call is too small" - error cod...

Getting external data filters
I have successfully generated queeries to import data in my spreadsheets, but I don't know if I can or how to do something. My filtering data can change because it is personnel based, so I want to know if I can generate a queery that will allow the user to define the filters without having to redo the queery every time someone moves out of the respective work section or a new person joins. Basically, can I have a data entry area for them to list employees and have a queery reference this list to sort out the new data for only those people? Is there another way to do it? I am learning a...

Data Validation #7
I am using a drop down calendar on a form for users to select start and end dates. When the user double clicks on the calendar the date it is entered into the active cell. As the date has not been typed into the cell normal Data Validation will not work. How can I prevent the user from selecting a date that occurs in the past? ...

Keeping data current
How are others making sure your account and contact information is up to date? John ...

Delete Rows from Data Table
I used the dummy columns method to create a 2 axes column chart and it worked great! However, I want to be able to show the data table with the chart, but I don't want the 2 dummy columns to show up on the table. I try right- clicking on the chart to delete those 2 rows that I don't want from the table, but it doesn't allow me to clear it. Any ideas? Data tables are hard to work with. You have limited formatting options, and you can't have data in the chart that doesn't show up in the data table. You could make your own data table in the worksheet range under the ...

i need a help excel file 'DATA Error [47
my excel and word documents error message is 'DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]' please help me ...

Selecting a Drawing Object
I need to get the name of a drawing object when I click it via a left click, something like: Sub TheDrawingObject msgbox(me.name) End Sub I need to assign it to a variable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Option Explicit Sub TheDrawingObject() Dim myShape as shape set myshape = activesheet.shapes(application.caller) 'just to show a few ways to get it and other options msgbox application.caller _ & vblf & myshape.name _ & vblf & myshape.topleftcell.address End sub Troubled User wrote: > > I n...

How can I limit the range of data graphed by the value of another column?
The question is hard to ask, which is why I haven't found the answer. The spreadsheet has lots of data, but I want to graph a subset of the data at a time. One column contains an integer that is incremented every 700-1000 rows (ie 1..1,2..2,etc.) which is the event number, and there are 2 other columns of data that I want to plot. So I want to plot one chart with all the data with the event number of 1-3, another 4-6, etc. I know I can just specify the data range with the row numbers that correspond to the event number range I want, but is there a way excel can do the work for me? I a...

Data Validation with a list that varies in size
I have created a template spreadsheet for a non-technical user On one tab, I have a comparison between Golfer A and Golfer B. On the front tab, there is a list of all the golfers for a particular weekend. I left 24 slots open. However, there is no requirement that all 24 are used. How do I eliminate blank rows from my dropdown list if that dropdown is filled with a Named Range and that range is defined as a column of 24 (potential) name cells. For example, if I have a Range of 24 cells A2:A25 (A1 = "Name") defined as GolferList, but only A2:A11 are filled, I want my dropdown list ...

Money 2004/05
I have recently purchased a new computer and installed Money onto the new computer (Money version says Copyright 2004, but I think it is 2005 version). I have then simply copied across the data files My Money Backup (Microsoft Money backup File) and my money backup2 (Microsoft Money file) to the new computer...For some reason I just cannot get Money to open the data files on the new computer. When I try to open the Money file, I receive the following message; "Money will convert your file so that you can work with it in Money. First, Money will make a copy of your original file, ...

424 Object Required Error !
Hi, The below code manages to find if the inputted row is a duplicate of a previous record and deletes it sucessfully but the VBA compiler gives an error message as shown on the subject of this message... Can someone correct the code? '-------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column >= 3 And Target.Column <= 5 Then ' 3 to 5 stand for C to E columns For i = 1 To Target.Row - 1 If (Cells(i, 3) = Cells(Target.Row, 3)) And (Cells(i, 4) = Cells(Target.Row, 4)) And (Cells(i, 5) = Cells(Target.Row, 5)) Th...

Moving data between sheets (tabs?)
Hi all, sorry for the potential newbie-question but I really didn´t know what to search for... I have an Excel 2003 file with 3 sheets (tabs) in it. All 3 sheets look the same but I would like the third sheet to only show the products bought on sheet 1 & 2. The first two sheets are the product-lists - which are pre-filled with product information and prices. One product for each row and the "F"-Column is where i will enter the amount of each product which has been purchased - default value is blank. However on the 3´d sheet i would like to collect all the produ...

How identify data of two coulams,Every cell count and show result
Q1. How identify data of two coulams Q2. Every cell count and show result like I need like Coulam A Coulam B 500 1 500 2 500 3 800 1 800 2 800 3 800 4 800 5 800 6 600 1 600 2 600 3 600 4 700 1 700 2 I want to count like coulam B i have data in coulam A and like this I have two coulam with name as lower,upper,propercase i want to do all in same case like in proper case how? Hi In column B enter =COUNTIF($A$1:A1,"=&...

qry for Excel report with weekly data in a vertical column
tblArea AreaID area tblHeadEnd HeadEndID AreaID headend tblRouter RouterID HeadEndID router tblPorts PortID RouterID tblTransmitter TransmitterID PortID transmitter PortID RouterID tblNodes NodeID transmitterID tblNodeNamesID NodeID ParentNodeName date created tblUtilization utilID NodeID percentage Date The report shows weekly utilization data for an ISP. This structure is 1:M in the areas to the headend. The headend has 1:m routers, each router has 1:M ports. The transmitter can have either 1:1 to nodes or 1:M . The nodeNames table is for th...

Cannot view data entered using custom form
My company has a form saved in the Organizational Forms Library that users can enter certain required fields and then email the completed form to me. The problem is the email is blank when I receive it and I can't figure out why. I use Outlook 2003 and I get the emails from users using Outlook 2000 and 2003. I've attempted to have the users send to my co-workers and they have had no problems viewing the email with the all the data entered in the form. My coworkers have both 2000 and 2003. Any ideas why? I have no plugins or anything like that which might interfere. Stumped. Fi...

copy data from master sheet
my sheet1 is master sheet where data related to all continent is entered. e.g. A B C D ....... 1 America US Big 1 2 Europe Britain Big 3 3 America Canadan Medium 7 i want my sheet2 to get all information if column A contains america. (i.e. row 1 & row 3 data) ...i.e. sheet 2 is america specific sheet.. similarly sheet3 to get all data if Column A contains Europe (i.e. row 2 data). It should update automatically whenever i enter data in master sheet. i dont want to u...

Data validation with Excel 2004 on Mac OS X
Greetings. I've been beating my head against the wall for the past 2 hours trying to make this work. Here is what I am doing: I've got an Excel workbook with two worksheets (sheet1 and ListMasters). On the ListMasters worksheet, I have defined a Name called Cat as '=ListMasters!$H$3:$H$17'. On the worksheet sheet1, I have a cell that I want to use data validation on. So, I select the cell, select Data -> Validation. On the Settings dialog box, I selected Allow to be 'List'. I set the Source to be '=Cat' and I selected the option to allow In-cell drop...

Charts and data tables different info
I want 6 lines of data in my table, but only 3 of those 6 lines in my chart- how to I do that? Hi, You need to include all 6 in the chart in order to populate the data table. You can then format 3 to have no Line style. This will remove them from the chart. You can also remove individual legend entries by selecting and deleting them. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "loller" <loller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A674EC69-01E6-491A-BDBF-925A6AB35565@microsoft.com... >I want 6 lines of data in my table, but o...

how to retrieve data which appears to be lost
working with a large database - one of the lists seems to have disappeared while I was entering a new item. On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:22:03 -0700, mirella <mirella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >working with a large database - one of the lists seems to have disappeared >while I was entering a new item. You'll have to post more information than that, Miranda. Access doesn't have a "lists" object. Has a Table disappeared from the tables window? Does a Subform now not show data that it showed before? Does a Combo Box seem to be missing its contents? And... do y...