coding a UI like Windows media Player in vc++

hi there

i am writing an app which involves the management of digital stills and
audio, and writing it in vc++6

i will use wmp to play audio, and i may have to write a custom skin

just a general qst - what api/sdk is best to use to get that cool ui
that microsoft have in wmp - ie, non-regular buttons etc

cheers
bhu

0
bhuvidya (34)
12/12/2006 3:56:36 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Extremely slow open doc missing template
When we open a document with a template \\servername\folder and the server does not exist i e when opening a document attached in an email it takes about 5 minutes to open the document. The problem occours when working in a net work. If we replace the template path with normal.dot the document opens fast. But there are thounsands of documents. If I open the same document in Vista or in Server 2008 R2 I can press ESC to stop Word looking after the template. But it does not work in Windows 7. I am going to try this old solution .. think it is the same problem .. so maybe it ...

VB code help #2
Hi, I need help writing a simple code that will take a number between 1-4, out of a single colum in a specific worksheet and identify it with a word. ie. 1=Breakfast, 2=Lunch, 3=Supper and 4=Night. Here is a little back ground, I wrote a program in my TI calc that stores 1-4 to represent the meal time. I now have taken that Matrix from my calc and opened it as a worksheet to make a graph out of it. on my graph I want the words "Breakfast", "Lunch", ect. spelled out at the corresponding spot. Ive done VB code before but I have kind of forgotten most of it :( Thank...

Media Sharing isn't working
Hi, I'm having a problem sharing media with anything from my media player. When I go to the media sharing window (click "Library" then click "media sharing") If I check the box for allow media sharing then push OK, my computer lags for 10-20 seconds, then the OK button becomes active again like I never pressed it. It never offers me a list of devices I can connect to or even change the setting to allow sharing. Any advise would be very helpful. I'm connecting to an Xbox if that matters. Thanks. -Jordan In WMP,click on tools,options,security ta...

Creating charts with VBA code
Is it possible to create a Chart using code? If so, how do I do that. Thanks This should get you started: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/QuickChartVBA.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/> Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html _______ "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF13198-DE14-44CA-8E82-A1A98E2F9B35@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a Chart using code? If s...

ADO versus DAO and Windows 2000
A few weeks ago I was asking about the performance of ADO against an Access 97 mdb, and later, taking advice, I implemented DAO to compare. However, now I have had occasion to test my project on Windows 2000 and the performance is way, way better with ADO. Same VB6 program, same CPU/Mobo, same query, same database. The only thing that is different is that the W2K PC has 1gb of RAM whereas my standard Win 98SE PC has 512mb. Is the performance increase due to W2K being a fundamentally different OS, maybe using threads automatically, or other 'speed up' tricks? Could the extr...

IM Open Windows Error Msg
We recently upgraded to GP v9 from v7.5. Now when running IM, users get the error message to close all open windows/pallettes. Problem is, there are no open windows/pallettes. If user opens home page, closes home page and then tries again, integration works. Error occurs with all users and we are running GP via Citrix. Obviously we can still get the job done, but this is really annoying and time-consuming. -- Elisabeth First thing that comes to mind, did you upgrade IM to V9.0? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and ...

mercedes das xentry full verison rapidshare vc<X#&@JPO
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = yshowsoft@gmail.com email = yshowsoft at gmail.com NEW UPDATES 2010 Artpro 9.5r4 with license (minimal of 2 license) Oris Press Matcher fiery impose Fiery Color Profiler 2 Preps 6.0r3 Dynagram Dynastrip v6.0.1 Dynagram inpO2 Artpro 9.0r8 (all modules included) Esko Visualizer 7.5.5 Esko Softwares Suite V7.5 PC/Mac Trueflow SE6.0.1 with SPM fully crack Heidelberg SignaStation v4.5.10.91...

Can't add new record when not logged in to Windows XP as an Admin
I am new to Access and have never made an application in my life so bear with me. Here's my issue: I have a very small Access 2003 database with the backend residing in a folder on a server and the front end on each user's desktop. The intended users of my application have been given enough privileges to enter and read data in that folder (I've even tried giving them Full Control). When I log into Windows on the network, as an administrator, my .mde application works perfectly-my form pops right up when I start the app and I can add and view data as intended. However, when ...

Code for Inserting Multiple lines
Hi.... I have a spreadsheet that I need to do the following to 1. Find all projects in Column C, sort by project number 2. Insert 4 lines between each project category (there could be 1 to any number of different categories) 3. Add debits and credits for each project number (in the debit and credit column) on the second inserted line 4. After the debits and credits have been added in each column, then take the credit total and subtract the debit total on the next line... Here is example of what spreadsheet looks like: Col.A Col. B Col. C Col. D ...

invalid OLE parameter type (vc++)
Hi all, I have an MFC app. I added an Automation Method via the ClassWizard which put this code in the .h file: afx_msg short dxOpen(); Then I added a parameter: afx_msg short dxOpen(CString* fName); Now when I try to go back to the ClassWizard, I get a parsing error: --- Parsing Error: "CString*" is not a valid OLE parameter type Input line: "afx_msg short dxOpen(CString* fName);" -- Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks J. J, The KB-article Q139072 details the acceptable parameter types for OLE automation. As the automation interface can be called from a nu...

when i installed windows xp my publisher (98) will no longer work
when i installed windows xp my publisher (98) will no longer work. i tried to install and it says it has installed but when i open it it says i have to reinstall it..... It should install just fine. Create a separate folder on your hard driver. Turn off your anti-virus software before you install or install in safe mode. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dixie" <Dixie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2A7CEB8-1ED7-426B-8001-D2DD5856486D@microsoft.com... > when i installed windows x...

VC++ 6.0 System Menu bug?
I have an SDI application based on a Formview, with a single edit box. I find that when I have the properties for the FormView dialog set to enable the System Menu, I am unable to access the main menu commands using the ALT key. If I change the properties to disable the System Menu, this cures the problem & I can still access the System Menu. This looks like a bug to me. You should not use SystemMenu for a child dialog. you should set proper style for your dialog template. "Joe" <noaddress@forme.com> wrote in message news:t2rje.11307$8K5.3929@newsfe3-win.ntli.net... &...

eConnect Sample Code #2
Hi All, I found eConnect_CSharp_ConsoleApplication.sln is mentioned in msdn but I don't where I can download this solution so that I can play around with it. Anyone knows where to get that, please let me know. Appreciations, -- Toi Day ...

View Code for pointer?
Is their a view code that i can use to make the pointer show a line down the screen? this would be very helpful when viewing chart data. -- Thank you! Maybe you can make use of this... right click the tab at the bottom of = the worksheet that you want this functionality on, select View Code from = the popup menu that appears and then copy/paste the following into the = code window that opened up... Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As = Boolean) Union(Target.EntireColumn, Target.EntireRow).Select Target.Activate End Sub Now, go back t...

Error Code 404 in server mgt concole
We installed SBS2003 Std and can coneect to the internet. In the magt concole of SBS, companyweb we are getting Error Code 404, File or Directory cannot be found. Can not connect to RWW form outside the domian. Sounds like the default website in IIS is not running. Usually a reboot will fix this, but if not, go into the IIS administration snap-in and start the default website. -Cliff "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:242DA301-8C99-4BEE-BC1F-E9CCEE67AE6D@microsoft.com... > We installed SBS2003 Std and can coneect to the int...

Made an audio from Producer; file will not open in Windows Media
I recorded an audio with Microsoft Producer, at the end of the recording I saved the file in an audio folder. When I see the file in Producer it appears as a Windows Media [.wma] file in the folder I had selected. The file has the icon of a WM file and is in a Project within Producer. When I open the file from Microsoft Publisher, it cannot open the file as it soesn't understand the format. I cannot find any reason the file should not open. The odd part is that when you look for .wma files nothing shows up in the file; when you look at All Files [*.*] there the file is and this time...

How DOS-like is the CMD prompt in WinXP, will it allow replacement of windows-critical files?
How DOS-like is the CMD prompt in WinXP Will it allow replacement of windows-critical files? That is, in the past when I wanted to update a file that couldn't be updated while XP was running, I booted to win98SE on the same box, and did it there. Or when I had ONLY win98, I could boot to native DOS and do it there. Because of getting a new computer, I don't think win98 will run anymore, so can I use the CMD-wimdow/prompt? Or am I still in windows then, to such an extent that a Windows file that can't be modified while windows is running, still can't b...

windows mail- vista, error with downloading attachments
When i click on the attachment it asks for my approval and then i click open. Then an error appears which at the frame of the window(above) says C:/Users...temporaryinternetfiles... ,and below an X with a message saying: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set associations control panel . What do i have to do? Regards, Antonis You have to, "Create an association in the set associations control panel." Go to Start - Default Programs - "Associate a File Type or Protocol with a Program&q...

Restore Backup from Outlook 2003 into Windows 7(64)
Old laptop running XP; did backup of Outlook 2003 pst files using microsoft personal folders backup tool, to ext. hard drive. Connected hard drive to new laptop running Win 7(64). How do i restore the bu? All attempts met with error message saying I do not have authorization to access the file. Then tried to export the pst files from old laptop to ext hard drive. Connected hard drive to new laptop and tried to import the exported files into Outlook 2003. Got a similar message saying I did not have permission to access the selected files. Please help Bill. Submitted using http:/...

Drawing the iconic window
Many years ago, it was possible to draw anything you wanted in the iconic window view. Today, it seems like the SHell has taken this over completely. I've got two problems: My app has no caption bar and no system menu, but I want to handle right-click on the taskbar icon. No messages appear to be generated to indicate any activity in the task bar icon. My app would like to custom-draw the iconic representation on the taskbar, such as drawing the icon and the caption. It does not appear this is possible. Note that the funny routine that MFC generates for dialog-based apps, that is suppose...

Complex coding question re: recordset
If I have an open form and am positioned on a new record with no bound field having been changed (dirty = false) and I call a public function which opens a recordset on the same table that my form is bound to and then do a series of movenexts , can my form become dirty? I'm getting strange results and am wondering if this could be the cause. What I am trying to do is to programatically retrieve a given record by doing an applyfilter. However, what seems to be happening is that somehow my record has become dirty and therefore the form is wanting to do a save before executing t...

windows/system32/config/system file is huge
Hi, My windows/system32/config/system file is huge -- the order of 200mb. This seems a bit unusual, and I did get some popups on startup that there is not enough room for the registry. I cleared out the paging file and reallocated 1.5*2gb (the size of my memory). Anyway, what can I do about this file to make it "normal" again? I will state that I am after a repair install because something happened to my system and I needed to repair. Now things are indeed working alot better, but there is still this issue, and I guess this is why my system works slowly at times a...

Windows installer problem 04-08-10
Hi All, After login to windows xp, on screen displayed windows installer and nothing showing on screen .Any reply will be appreciated. Best regards Anji Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Was the computer fully patched at Windows Update when this problem started? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another)...

I try to assign category based on subject in appointment (code included)
Below i wrote code to assign a categorie to a calendar item based on the word "vrij" in the subject. I think this code should work.. but somehow it doesnt I use Outlook 2003 with macro security set to lowest level. The code is placed in "this outlook session" Any ideas why it doesnt work ?? ==================================================== Dim WithEvents colRDVItems As Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim NS As Outlook.NameSpace Set NS = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set colRDVItems = NS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items Set NS = Nothing E...

Rules window disappears in less than 1 second
I just installed Outlook 2003 and now when I click on Rules the Rules dialog ox pops up for less that 1 second and then disappears not allowing any entry into it for editing and or setting up a rule. Any Ideas? ...