CLIstCtrl in icon view, the first row is at too high

Hello,

I am using a CListCtrl derived class to display a set of icons to user
where she/he could select an item.

Otherwise everything is OK, but the first row is at too high.
Especially when I am using the extended style LVS_EX_BORDERSELECT, the
upper part of the selection border is cut out completely.

Does anyone know how to make the icons to be drawn a bit lower in
control?

Thanks,

Vesa

0
vsuontam (1)
4/1/2005 3:05:03 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Web Access Outlook requires saving before viewing attachments
A majority of our staff read their email via the web rather than desktop Outlook. When attachments are sent to all of our staff, they have to save the file to the computer before they can open it. Frequently, they just need to view the information and then close the file. Our computers become littered with multiple copies of the files saved on the computer and then someone has to clean them all off. The frustrating thing is that is does not ALWAYS happen. We cannot find a setting for this so we do not know how to prevent it. Not a Microsoft Outlook problem and you should a...

Model/View/Controller (MVC) questions and intergration with CWnd/MFC/ATL
Hi, I'm trying to understand the MVC architecture, but I have a hard time when it comes to the integration into a CWnd in a MFC Doc/View environment. I don't want to discuss, wether the MVC architecture is superior to the DV architecture or not. There are enough discussions out there about this issue. One good start is the following article http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&selm=6isk35%24ttv%241%40nnrp1.dejanews.com The stingray toolkit seems to be the only framework that is activly using the MVC pattern and does a good integration into...

Changing columns to rows
I have a table of data in a spreadsheet that is laid out as 12 columns and 8 rows. This makes it difficult to print to one page and I now want to "rotate" it so that the columns are now rows and the rows are now columns. Is there an easy way to do this? TIA ...

Customise Views to include relational attributes
Is there any way to add related entity attributes as columns in views. When viewing Phone Call activities we require the My Phone Calls view to include the Regarding (Account) suburb. When following up calls it would be easy to be able to group the entries by suburb. Its possible to create filters based on related entity attributes but this would not be practicle for Suburb as the combination would be endless. Sorry Peter, But this is a limitation in CRM 3.0 that most hope is resolved in the next release. You can only display columns from one object in all views, and advanced find resul...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Bob C. Hello Bob, Sometimes just restarting the computer will have them return. If not, then the downloads in METHOD THREE of the tutorial below may be able to fix this for you. ...

Service activity view on the Case entity
Hi. MS CRM 4.0: On the Case entity, I can see the sum of all activities. But this view is very limited regarding the collums selectable when editing this view. I would like to see a view only of Service Activities including the costum fields a have added on the Service Ativiti entity. Is that posible somehow? Regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant MS CRM Cert. Partner Hi Jacob, The view which appears in the Activity of case come from the associated open view from the entity "Activity". It seems that you can filter out , choose creteria or even add custom fields . I think you sho...

Outlook 2000 Attachment Icons Within a Message?
If anyone could please offer advice on the following situation, I would appreciate it. I have just upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Pro (clean install) and reinstalled Office 2000. All updates for XP and Office 2k have been downloaded and applied. One problem/annoyance I am encountering has to do with "icon generation" (for lack of a better term). If I receive a email message in Outlook 2000 that has an attached jpeg image file, instead of just showing a generic attachment icon, it tries to generate an icon which is a mini thumbnail of the actual picture file. Unfortunately, I am ...

Deleting Blank Rows
I am frequently importing data from other applications, into Excel 2002 workbooks. There are, many times, blank rows, with no pattern or in no way similar to the last import. I am eagarly seeking help in creating an automated process to delete all the blank rows, regardless of file name or sheet name. I would like to just run some macro code which will examine an open file, find all the bland rows, and delete them. I will be eternally grateful, since doing this manually is a major project which reoccures on a regular basis. Hi as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/del...

Drawing in a View
Hi, I have a view which show a map of a city centre in which I display some icons to represent certain places of interest. I need to be able to have some sort of rectangular box away from each icon which has information regarding each place of interest. I am thinking of something like a messagebox like below ------------------ | | | INFO | | | ------------------ | | | | | | | | ...

Presenter View
Can someone tell me if I'm missing something? I've been experimenting with Presenter View and noticed that the notes loose all their formatting such as Bold, Spacing, Bullets, when in Presenter View. Is there something I can do to correct this or is this by design? Thank you. This is by-design - PowerPoint Presenter View does not support formatted notes. See the following for a workaround: See formatted notes on your laptop while the audience sees the slide show http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/tips_view_notes_slideshow.html - Chirag Zoom into slides du...

Need to know Formula for Conditional Formatting Rows, by row #
I need to format a range of row by bow #. All I can find online is formulas for odd or even rows. I'm new at this, sorry. But say if I want Rows 1-700 Green, 701-1400 Yellow, and 1401 - 2100 Red. I thought I would use 3 differant conditions in conditional formatting, but what forumulas would I need to put in? -- weirdaljr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ weirdaljr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29542 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492419 One way: CF1: ...

User cannot see Check Name icon on new message form
Users cannot see Check Name icon on the create a new message form. OWA running on Exchange 5.5. Does anyone know how to activate this. ...

Outlook 2007 mail Icons and their meaning
How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Russ Valentine "GrahamAIC" <GrahamAIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF1E0267-767A-498D-B167-D2CACD6CEC94@microsoft.com... > How do you get a list of the mail Icons and their meaning ...

Drag woorkbooks to Excel Icon
In Win XP I could drag a workbook "xls" icon from a file folder to an Excel 2003 desktop icon and it would open. (Easier than using "Send To") Now I have Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP-1 with Office H&S 2007 installed and working fine but I cannot drag as above. For security I always make Excel Viewer the default when workbooks are clicked on. Yes, I know about Vista's "Open With" context menu which gives a choice of Excel or Excel Viewer but I find the drag easier. Is there a way to get this functionality or do I just have to live with the loss ? ...

Sorting when data is on 2 rows???
I have data presented on rows as follows: 1 128655 Black, Robert 9:00 AM Breakfast meeting at Holiday 2 Inn. Casual. 3 123456 Blow, Joe 4:30 PM Customer wants to come 4 in to visit about a new 5 business venture. How can I sort Column 1 (128655 and 123456) so that Row 2 information stays with 128655 and row 4 and 5 stays with 123456? Can I be done? TIA, Ron You could ente...

eliminating extra rows in spreadsheet
If I have a spreadsheet with several rows, the scroll bar goes down to the last row. If I delete rows, the scroll bar still goes down to where the last row used to be. This is cumbersome if I've got a large worksheet and I've eliminated a lot of rows. Is there a way to readjust the scroll bar so that it will stop at the new last row? Thanks. -- roger After you delete the rows, you can save the file & reopen - should be OK. OR, press Alt/F11 (takes you to the VBE), ctrl/G (displays immediate window), type Activesheet.usedrange and press enter. Then Alt/Q (returns to Excel...

Chart data from hidden rows (not columns)
I know Excel normally ignores chart data that is in hidden rows/columns, and I know there's the option for it NOT to ignore it (i.e. have Excel built the chart even if the data is in a hidden row/column). I have a spreadsheet in which data which lies in the hidden columns is practically meaningless, but hidden rows contain numerical data which I'd like to create graphs from, but which I'd also like to remain out of sight. My question is, therefore: is it possible for Excel to only ignore data in hidden *columns*, but take into account data from hidden *rows*? Anticipated th...

Lead Views
Hi, I have assigned leads to our salespeople and they use their My Active Leads view to work through them. What appears in this list basically acts as a call list for them. However, if they open a lead that is, for example, half way down the list and subsequently modify the lead and click save and close, the system automatically takes you back to the first record in the view. The user therefore loses where they are in their list. To help ease this issue I have customised the view to only display 25 leads. Does anyone know of a way to stop the system returning to the first record in the list...

Determining the row limit in a macro
How can a macro determine what the maximum number of rows is in the version of Excel that is running? I don't want to just hard-code version numbers, and I don't want to use .end(xldown) either. Phil Hibbs. MaximumNumberOfRows = ActiveSheet.Rows.Count -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Phil Hibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ed318998-0ed2-4d90-a694-d0d411abeae0@y12g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > How can a macro determine what the maximum number of rows is in the > version of Excel that is running? I don't want to just hard-code > versi...

Don't include category X labels if row empty
Hi I have a table that looks a bit like this: ABC XYZ General Review 2.8 0.5 2 Month Review 3 Month Review 2.6 ERIT Review 3.5 Physio Review 16 4 Pain Review WAD Review Low Back Review 4 2 Each month the number will change for each row, some months they will be entirely blank, other months they will contain numbers. I only want the chart to show the review type on the Category X axis if there is data in either column ABC or XYZ. In other words, this month should not show 2 Month Review, Pain Review or WAD Review. I've been reading all the posts about dynami...

Documents List view as default Make smaller version
When I open "My Documents" in the list option, the list is so big I need a scroll bar to see it. When I click on views I eventually get a list that is small and fits on one page without a scroll bar. When I close "My Documents" and reopen it is back to the bigger version. Is there a way to keep the smaller version as my default? Not a Word question. In Windows XP there's probably a Control Panel controlling the way the contents of windows are displayed by default. On Mar 20, 8:49=A0am, Legallsk <Legal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Whe...

Replicate or customize "In Progress" queue view?
We are currently using CRM 4.0 as a service desk ticket system. Typically, IT users receive tickets (cases), and from there they may create a task on that ticket for another user. However, managing this has been quite a bit of a headache. For example, as an IT user, the only place that I can see both tickets and tasks assigned to me, is the "In Progress" queue. Which is something that I have to drill-down to every time. Not to mention all of the email activity that shows up. Is there an easier way to do this? Additionally, I can't create a report on record owner showing both en...

Row Headers
How do I combine two row headings while keeping the actual rows separate? Look at Merge Cells First, select the cells and then: Format | Cells... | Alignment | under Text control, select Merge Cells Regards Trevor "the_divine_blade" <the_divine_blade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34CDD8B7-F126-46DB-9A7D-BA3A489CE4AB@microsoft.com... > How do I combine two row headings while keeping the actual rows separate? Strongly suggest that since there is the intent to keep the 2 *columns* as separate entities, implying individual calculations and/or data,...

FRX Error Message "The Fiscal Year Row Must be Provided for GL Columns"
Help! What does this error message mean? How do you fix it? Any advice will be helpful. Thanks. Sounds like the Fiscal Year cell in one of your Column Layouts is not filled in properly. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Catbird" <pork@xsite.net> wrote in message news:1140738782.827093.164780@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Help! > > What does this error message mean? How do you fix it? > > Any advice will be helpful. > > Thanks. > ...

OL 2000 no icon on taskbar
Hello Group, For some reason Outlook 2000 does not show an icon on the taskbar anymore when a message has arrived. With newer versions this can be switched through the Tools menu, so not with 2K. Maybe it can be set in the Registry. Does anyone know how? Flip More info: WindowsXP Answering my own question: Go to Taskbar properties, find the envelop in the list and choose 'allways show' Flip "Flip" <flipatkonitechpuntnl> schreef in bericht news:OF73PV62KHA.5196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello Group, > For some reason Outloo...