CListCtrl - editing items

I have set LVS_EDITLABELS in my CListCtrl object.
The control is multicolumn.
Result is that I can to edit only items in first column.
On items in other columns I can not set focus by mouse click,
When I click on some item in non-first column and I click again to edit it,
edit box appears always in first column.
What other properties is need to set on CListCtrl to edit items in every
columns ?

Thanks !
Peter
0
Peter2031 (452)
1/6/2005 3:03:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I have set LVS_EDITLABELS in my CListCtrl object.
>The control is multicolumn.
>Result is that I can to edit only items in first column.

Peter,

This is normal, the control only supports that. To achieve
multi-column editing you'll have to implement it yourself. Have a look
on sites such as CodeProject and CodeGuru and I think you'll find some
examples that will help you.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/editingitemsandsubitem/article.php/c1077/
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/editingitemsandsubitem/article.php/c923/
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/editingitemsandsubitem/article.php/c4175/

There are more on CodeProject.com
AliR.

> I have set LVS_EDITLABELS in my CListCtrl object.
> The control is multicolumn.
> Result is that I can to edit only items in first column.
> On items in other columns I can not set focus by mouse click,
> When I click on some item in non-first column and I click again to edit
it,
> edit box appears always in first column.
> What other properties is need to set on CListCtrl to edit items in every
> columns ?
>
> Thanks !
> Peter

0
AliR1 (391)

Copying sent items
Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept supervisor? I know that you can create a client side rule to do this, but I am looking for other options since the users could actually turn this rule off. Running Exchange 5.5 and using Outlook 2000. Thanks for any help Better to journal if your goal is to save all the emails. On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:11:05 -0700, "cglady2000" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept >supervisor? I know that you can create a clien...

Standard smart list edit
Hi, Is it possible to edit a standard smart list using smart list builder. I need to bring in the item comment in the standard sales line item report. What is the most efficient way of doing it? Thanks. No, it's not possible to edit standard smartlists with SLB. However, you can download the XML files for all the standard SmartLists via CustomerSource/PartnerSource to be used with SLB. That way you can modify at will and redeploy. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP B...

Edit Box carriage return
How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. Use \r\n. "CodeTyro" <CodeTyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819EB280-849A-4672-81C6-12DB72952B9B@microsoft.com... > How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. ...

Excel File Edited and Saved in Word
A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, and then saved with the excel extention in word. Now this file could not be opened in excel. Is there any way to get the file back in excel? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!!! Sorry, but that file is gone. I hope you have a backup or have sent it to someone as an attachment. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Ping" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d8701c3a3dc$185b38f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, &...

KITTING WITH SERIALISED ITEMS
CAN KITTING BE DONE FOR SERIALISED ITEMS? IF NOT THE BEST SOLUTION ...

Editing a Response to a Declined Meeting
I receive a following error when trying to edit a response before sending a decline to a meeting in OutlookXP. OS - WinXP. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.2627.1, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.1217, fault address 0x00053f03. ...

Forwarding a news item
Using Outlook 2002 on WinXP. I use it for both mail and news. This morning I tried to forward an item from the newsreader (it says "Microsoft Outlook Newsreader" at the top of the screen), and was told there was a problem with my communications setup. How can I diagnose this? And can I forward an item from the newsreader to parties in my mail address book? Thanks. -- ----------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com ...

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

Add non-inventory item in MO Reciept entry (Unit Cost)
Dear All, I am using the (Add Component) button on the MO Reciept entry screen to add some non-inventory items, I notice that the decimal places for the unit cost is (2) although my Functional currency is (3). Kindly advice for the reason behind this, or if there is any setup required for that. Thanks Dear, Go to Tools --> Setup --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order Processing Find Decimal Places for Non-inventoried Items, click on the Expantion Button near to the Currency Field and set the decimal places for you curreny. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS S...

Is Mail Edited
I have an application and sends an email by creating the object of Outlook.Application. That mail goes to OutBox folder in Outlook, once user clicks on Send/Receive button it goes to the recipient. But anyone can edit that mail in outbox and send it. Can I check whether that mail is edited or its the original mail Please Help Sure. By looking at what they sent on their computer. "Marc" <dummy@dummy.com> wrote in message news:%23el%23bBL$KHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I have an application and sends an email by creating the object of : Outlook.Applic...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

How To Show Drag Image while Dragging Item?
I use MFC 4.2. There are 2 CListCtrls in my app. I am implementing a drag and drop function from one list to another. How to show the drag image when I still choose which item that will accept the drop? Thank you. You can use a CImageList and store a drag image. Look at functions like CImageList ::BeginDrag, CImageList::BeginDrag | CImageList::EndDrag | CImageList::DragMove | CImageList::DragLeave. -Seetharam This article may be interesting to you. It's a little older, but it is still useful information: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/dragdrop...

Catalog pictures in item list
Does anyone know of a way to display the pictures attached to the items when scrolling through the item list? I know you can click the picture button to pop up the picture, but is there a way to just have the pictures always there? I don't think there's any way out of the box. Someone may be able to write you an add-on to do that, but you would have to have a super fast processor and lots of RAM or it would probably feel like you were wading through quicksand. The overhead needed to accomplish it probably wouldn't be worth the benefit. Craig "Matt Bo" <MattBo@...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

Menu items disappear
I'm running a Microsoft Office X for Mac and yesterday I noticed that the "Undo" option in the Edit menu had disappeared. Poof! Gone. Later, I also noticed that the "Symbols" option in the Insert menu was also gone. What's happened and what can I do about it? The first consideration is that Office (10.1.9) & whatever version of OS X be fully updated & that disk permissions have been repaired using the OS X Disk Utility app or comparable utility. I don't remember that version of Office too well, but you need to go into the dialog window f...

Item Modifier error/MPA01000
We are running Item Modifier but we are getting Primary Key errors on MPA01000. Currently our Item Numbers are UPC Numbers but we are switching over to Friendly Short Names- this is causing problems in the MPA01000 table since some items are in there with the Friendly Short Names already (not sure how that happened, plus it even has some non-inventory items). The question is: does anyone know where this MPA01000 table links up to a window (in GP8 or Dynamics9) or how this table gets populated? We need to clean out this info but we don't want to delete directly out of the table ...

Non-editable field
In a form, can a field be made non-editable AFTER it has been filled in by an event procedure? Are you saying you wish to "lock" the field? You can set this property (Locked) and/or a closely related property (Enabled) within an event procedure. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Donna Rae" <DonnaRae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10A864E8-B7AB-4EF3-A875-839ACB4F7198@microsoft.com... > In a form, can a field be made non-editable AFTER it has been filled in by > an > event procedure? Jeff, What I have is a form wit...

Edit VBA
'Hi 'Below is a code given to me by one of the many good people around here replaced with "=" instead of "<>". 'Question is that I only need to be notified ONCE that cell B72 and B73 are equal (not when both are blank or zero ) 'because right now my worksheet keeps chiming anytime I input any value anywhere even when both mentioned cells are both blank. Private Declare Function sndPlaySound32 Lib "winmm.dll" Alias _ "sndPlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszSoundName As String, _ ByVal uFlags As Long) As Long Private Sub Worksheet_C...

Single Transaction (Can't edit or delete)
I have a single transaction I can not edit or delete. I can't right click on it and I can't highlight it and use the buttons. I am using Money 2008 Business. I can add a new transaction and it will allow me to delete or edit the new transaction. I'm out of ideas. Any help wout be greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, bigfatdummy wrote: >I have a single transaction I can not edit or delete. I can't right click on >it and I can't highlight it and use the buttons. I am using Money 2008 >Business. I can add a new transaction and it will allow me to ...

Non Inventory Item account not appear automatically !?
Hello In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , but the problem is: when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window the account not appear automatically ! Any suggest please. By definition that is a cost account and it is not used for non IV items in SOP "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > > In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , > but the problem is: > when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window > the account not appear automatically ! > Any suggest please....

selected item in listbox turn red instead of black
How can I make the back color of the selected item in a listbox turn red instead of black when clicked? Thanks -- deb Is there a shorter version. That is a bit of overkill for what I need. I just want the selected item to turn red instead of black. Not each row a different color. Any other suggestions -- deb "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi Deb > > Check the link > > http://www.lebans.com/listboxenhanced.htm > > Good luck > > -- > Wayne > Manchester, England. > > > > "deb" wrote: > > > > > How can ...

Items stuck in outbox
I tried to email a 6MB file. The item is currently in my outbox. It won't send and I can't delete it. When i try to delete, I get the Microsoft Outlook message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook and rebotted my machine with no luck. Any ideas? I don't know if this will help or not. I can log into my email on the internet instead of using Outlook. It is a method I use when I am at another PC. When I do that, it shows me my folders and allows me to delete files. I did t...

Add a column to Items table
Hi, I am using ver 1.2 and we have added bin locations (under the Special tab) to our inventory to help us locate items. Can I get the bin location to show up in a column on the Items table (Database > Items)? Thanks, George George, Not out of the box. You would need a customization to accomplish this. If you are interested in one let us know. Give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-179...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...

How to prevent item changing in a list control with cached data?
Hello, Im using a virtual list control with cached data items (CListCtrl and style 'LVS_OWNERDATA' set). The selected item's data (row) might be modified by user interaction, so that any following item (row) changing should be avoided, until data has been written to the data storage. How can I achieve this, since LVN_ITEMCHANGED seems to be too late to reject item (row) changing? Thanks Edgar LVN_ITEMCHANGING is sent before change. Return TRUE to prevent changes or FALSE to allow. Normand "Edgar Geisler" <e.ge@nospam.gmx.net> a �crit dans le message de news: ...