CListCtrl edit labels problem

Hi there,

I have a list (CListCtrl derivate) which uses the LVS_OWNERDATA (for speed),
LVS_REPORT and LVS_EDITLABELS styles. Everything works OK except for the
edit labels. At the end of editing (in LVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification
message) all the time the item.pszText member is NULL as I canceled the
edit. I can start the edit session (I don't call anything special, I let the
system start it) but when I press ENTER the notification message tells me
the edit "was canceled". I cannot get the text entered in the edit label.

It's possible that LVS_EDITLABELS doesn't work with LVS_OWNERDATA?

Dorel Sturm
Germany

0
dodo1 (3)
6/10/2005 7:35:57 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Upgrade from 2004 Student & Teacher Edition to 2008 Professional Special Media Edition
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I am currently using MS Office 2004 Student & Teacher Edition and would like to upgrade to Office 2008 Special Media Edition. I wonder if i am qualify to purchase the upgrade edition? Yes: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/Office2008/shop-now.mspx Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/8/09 4:03 AM, in article 59b73fa8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mlok@officeformac.com" <mlok@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Proce...

Problem with VBA and assignment of a value
I have a form w/subform and need to display the average of one field (AverageAge) and the count of records in the subform on the form somewhere else than in the subform. I calculate AverageAge as Average([Age] in the form footer. I get the record count using the recordCount property o the subform. The problem is that I can't sem to get the value 'AverageAge' into an unbound textbox. Me.AvgAge = Me.Team_Members_subform.Form.AverageAge produces the error Application-Defined or Object-Defined error. Me.AvgAge = Me.Team_Members_subform.Form.Age gives me the correct age f...

Table format
Hi When I run the code below I get "External table is not in the expected format" error at line rsData.Open sSQL, sConnect, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText Option Explicit Public Sub SelectFromAccess() Dim rsData As ADODB.Recordset Dim sPath As String Dim sConnect As String Dim sSQL As String 'Clear the destination worksheet Sheets(1).UsedRange.Clear 'Get the database path (same as this workbook) sPath = ThisWorkbook.Path If Right$(sPath, 1) <> "\" Then sPath = sPath & "\" 'Create the connection s...

Problem with converting Quicken to Money.
I am a new user of Money, I just installed it and converted all of my Quicken files over. When I began to enter my recipts I was warned that there was already a weekly "recurring payment" related to that receipt. It ends up that more then half my receipts got the same warning. When I viewed the Bills area most days were filled with recurring payments. What is going on? Anyone else have this problem after converting from Quicken? ...

Index Match Problem
I'm using the following formula, but it's returning #N/A: =INDEX('File X'!$F$1:$F$2000,MATCH(1,($B5='File X'!$A$1:$A$2000)*(S$4='File X'!$G$1:$G$2000),0) However, if I replace the S$4 with "7710", it returns the correct value. The number in S4 is 7710. Why won't the formula recognize the cell reference, but if I type the contents of the cell manually, it works? I double-checked to make sure nothing was entered as text. Hi, is 7710 a number typed or imported, check if you don't have blank spaces in one of the two cells you ...

Offsetting x axis chart labels
Please help - I'm really stuck with an approaching deadline... I'm doing a column chart with negative and positive bars, with the axis crossing at 0. My x axis labels need to be far enough down fro the columns so that they don't overlap the negative ones, but th offset feature only goes up to 1000 and this isn't enough. I've trie hardcoding spaces into the source cells for the labels to offset the further but although it works fine on screen and aligns the tex perfectly, in print preview and when actually printing the labels don' stay put. Any help gratefully appre...

How do I protect my comments from being edited by another user?
I regularly send excel worksheets to a co-worker via e-mail and then she sends it out to others within the company (sales force). There are occasions when she will need to revise it and send it back to me. How do I protect my comments so that they cannot be edited, or can I? I received a worksheet back today that the comments I had entered were changed. These comments are my back-up and I do not want them changed. Can anybody help? highlight the whole sheet format cells / protection / uncheck locked highlight the cells you want protected format cells / protection / check locked tool...

problem with pivot table
Hello all: I am trying to make a pivot table from my date. My data includes Names, Dates (which I formatted to month, "m" in the format cells option)and Amount due. In designing the pt, I have "Name" in the row field, "Date" in the columnn field and "Amount due" in the Data field. I want my data to be grouped as follows: Month 1 2 3 4 Name $100 $20 $30 $20 Instead I am getting more than 1 month column i.e. Month 1 1 2 2 2 3 Name $80 $20 $30 $20 Do you know why...

Problem with Pie and Doughnut Charts
Hi, I have a couple of doubts in charts: 1) I have a graph where the Column and line charts are plotted on the same axis. I have got that correctly as well. Now, the problem is I want to display selective "Data Labels" on the *line graph*. How do I accomplish this task? (Actually the values for my line graph are same, hence its just a stright line. And I donot want the same value to be displayed again and again. I need just one data label on the beginning of the line) 2) Problem with Doughnut Chart: I have my "Category labels" on multiple rows (each value is typed in 3 ...

Strange problem in BP Portal for GP10 with Queries
I just had a user come to me and tell me he is getting an error on the sales page saying the query does not exist. This is the out of the box query that has not been modified. When I go into query organizer I find the Purchase Order Line Item folder but it now has a (1) beside it with the query inside it. What causes the folders to be renamed. While looking at the queries I multiple folders with the (1) out beside them. Thanks for any information you can shed on this. Robert Fann rfann@nospam.omnipackaging.com ------=_NextPart_0001_BD46EE76 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-...

How do I avoid this problem with rule?
I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that message to a spam folder. The problem is that if photo is in the subject, the rule sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message. How can I tell the rule to look for complete words? Thanks, Brett Depending on the version of Outlook, you may be able to use the Exception rule. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Brett <myaccount@cygen.com> asked: | I have a rule that looks for ...

Help needed with form problem
Workbook contains several forms of varying style and function. One form shows the results of 10 recent tests in a countdown fashion, showing just the results of one test, followed by a one-second delay, followed by just the results of the second test, and so on until the result of each of the 10 tests has been shown. Then the program proceeds on to the next step by calling up a different form. The problem . . . Sometimes when the program starts running one or two of the forms are blanked out ("white" with just the top header showing). The forms continue to function within the ...

Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem
Hi, I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5 server, but I can get no connection. From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end of the mail file name. From the MSOCLog.txt file <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC NumNames=1 ...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Outlook 2000 Password Problem
I have Outlook 2000 on my PC. One feature that I really like is that can type my password in once and for as long as that particular sessio is active the program will never ask me for my password again. Once leave the program the program will then again request the password fo email authentication. I have just gotten a laptop and I installe Outlook 2000 on it. The laptop makes me type in the password each time Is there a way for Outlook 2000 to remember my password each sessio without checking the Save Password box? Thanks, Chri ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Question on LABEL Range
In a LABEL Range(say that it has 12 elements row-wise), how do one refer to the 4th elements? I have this ideas that in a worksheet, I have 12 rows single column LABELED range called MONTHS, where 1st elements is JAN(that is C6), and so on, and last element would be DEC(C17). How do I get the 4th element which will be APR, and put that value in the different cell using the LABEL reference instead of the absolute cell location(C9)? Thanks I am not sure I understand your question? You refer to the labels with their names, so if you want to sum the April row you use =SUM(Apr) Otherwis...

Paper size problem
I want to print flyers using Wizard, on A5 Paper. When I use Special Size on Page Setup to change to A5 sizes and set Printer Properties to A5 paper in Print Setup, half the content is not printed. How can I fit the contents of the flyer to an A5 and print. I'm on Win. ME, Publisher 2000 and Lex.Z32 Printer. The flyers are only setup for standard size paper like A4. They are not able to be changed to A5 paper. You can open two instances of Publisher so you can copy from the A4 page to the A5 page and re-size the objects on the A5 page. -- The US should free all those illegally held...

Dynamic data label placement for graphs
I've read the article KB179199 on how to create custom data labels for charts and it's good, however doesn't meet all my requirements. Is there a way to have the data labels automatically move to a desired location relative to the graph? For instance, I'm using 50 bar graphs per work book and would like each data label to be just above their respective bar. TIA Hafeez I looked up article 179199 and got this: BUG: Grid Based on .QPR File Appears Blank in Visual FoxPro 5.0 which probably isn't the one you meant. By above the bar, are they horizontal bars and you ...

Edit documents whilst attached to notes
Having attached a word document to a Note (say, connected to a scheduled meeting), I would like to be able to subsequently edit this document. It is possible to open this document in word by right-click, open in new window. But changes are not saved to the original. Having created a document for a meeting and attached it, I would love to be able to modify it "live". -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" bu...

How to change labels on a chart from numbers to words?
Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my chart in excel from numbers to words! I'm not sure which labels you want to change to words, but maybe Jon Peltier's charting tutorial will help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Arin wrote: > Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my > chart in excel from numbers to words! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html I suspect it's this page: http://peltiertech.com/...

Problem with .rc files in VS 2005
I have several projects that were created with VS 2003. These are MFC based applications with .RC files that contain localized strings. Some of these strings are Japanese, Korean, and Chinese encoded in MBCS. These projects work fine in VS 2003. I converted these projects to compile with VS 2005 and if I bring up the resource editor to view or modify the string resources, VS 2005 will modify the Japanese, Korean, and Chinese strings. It will replace the characters with all "?" question marks. Is there some setting that I need to set to prevent VS from modifying my string...

Public folders problems after migration to e2k3
Just did an migration from 2000 to e2k3 and Outlook clients can't access public folders. Just gives a generic error about not being able to open the folder. In OWA I can open the folders and see all the contents. I also get this error message in my Application log about FreeBusy and am thinking they might be related. Source:MSExchangeFBPublish Category: General Event IT:8197 Error initializing session for virtual machine $Mail$. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. I have seen others have had problems with Calendar Connector, and an unin...

XML Entity problem
Hi, I am still new to XML and thought I had my solution written, but during the rollout, we have come up with a problem with actual XML coming in (as opposed to our test XML). Some character entities have been transmitted unexpectedly. &apos; and &lt; I am loading my XML with XmlDocument, just by XmlDocument xDoc = new XmlDocument(); xDoc.Load(IncomingFilePath + e.Name); e is an incoming Fileinfo. My XML does not have any declaration at the top for a DTD. I always thought &apos; and &lt; were understood, but obviously not. The first line of my incoming XML is <?xml...

Editing ppt created in 2003
I'm using 2007 and trying to edit a ppt that was created in 2003. There is a text box at the bottom of each Title master slide (there are 5 different versions) that is used for the presentation name, date and slide number. I've tried editing the Master title slide for each of the 5 groups but can't get the chages to apply to all of the slides - it will only apply to those slides that I've actually edited. Can someone help? The placeholders must be on the master slides and then they appear (or should appear) on all the slide layouts (the small thumbnails) associate...

email spell check right mouse problem
Using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as the email editor. Sometimes When a word is misspelled and gets highlighted with the red wavy underline if I right click over it the menu choices are for Signature items like Primary and Secondary. Sometimes it the spelling options are listed. So far I have not been able to determine what circumstances determine which menu will be activated. For my part I dont need to see the signature options and if I did I would put the mouse over the signature. Is there correction for this or a work around this problem? It sounds like you are typing in the signatur...