CListCtrl - disable items in icon view

Hello,

It is possible to disable some items when using a CListCtrl in (large) icon view mode ?
For example, gray them out and make it non-clickable.

I can use LVIS_CUT for an item, but I can't change the text color for a single item.
I also tried overriding DrawItem, seems not to work when using icon view mode (owner draw fixed enabled).

Any ideas ?

thx

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

how do you disable the scroll wheel effect?
The scroll wheel is the wheel between the left and right mouse buttons on many mouse products, used to scroll forward or backward in a file. How do you prevent this wheel from making the file records scroll forward/backward? Check what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/mousewheelonoff.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "accessdesigner" <accessdesigner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD17EFD4-6D11-4184-8894-B68FEC36E207@microsoft.com... > The scroll wheel is the wheel between the left and ...

Inventory Items and Serial Numbers
I am trying to create a new inventory item that I want to track serial numbers for but the 'track' option is disabled.... What did I miss? Is Inventory registered? I think that if you don't have IV registered then you can create items but functionality past that is probably disabled. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "GPS Consultant" <gpsconsultant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90BFC957-58F3-4E11-9D8A-615BA3311012@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a n...

Deleting MS Outlook Icon
I'd like to delete the Outlook icon from my desktop, (Outlook, not Outlook Express). But the problem is it's not a shortcut icon and when I click on "delete" I get the following message: "The Outlook Desktop icon provides special functionality and we recommend that you do not remove it." I'm not trying to delete Outlook, all I want is get rid of the icon on the desktop. have no idea what might happen if I just go ahead and delete it, so that's what I'm asking. Thanks in advance for any help I can get. It's okay to remove it. If you're us...

CListCtrl size at runtime
Hi, I would like to know how many items can I insert into a CListCtrl.... ? I am not using virtual list control..... I am just using CListCtrl in a form view.......... I just want to keep on adding possibly millions of items at runtime and save them to a text file is user wants to........... I don't want to load those many items.......... InsertItem() takes "int" as parameter index......so CListCtrl should atleast support (–2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647) items.......... I just want to make sure I can add as many items as I want at run time... Any pointers would be apprc...

Deleted items in ESM
Hello, Exch2003 sp2, server 2003 sp1 My problem is that I have items showing up in the mailbox store > mailboxes > deleted items colum. Under my account there are 95 MB of Deleted items. I have emptied the deleted items and went to recovery deleted items and cleaned that out as well. Our retention for deleted items is 14 days and it has been 21 days since I emptied everything out. Any thoughts? TIA ....Eric is the nightly online maintenance process completing successfully? "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14104D91-3B12-4ABD-95AA...

copying list items
Ok, I have a list of names on my first sheet (list) and several sheet after it (1,2,3,etc). How do I get the first value in the list to cop into sheet 1, the second value to copy into sheet two and the thir value down to go into the thrid etc..? Say into cell C3. Any Ideas welcome Cheers Hayle -- Hru4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hru48's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47143 ...

Mails not seen in sent items folder
I am not finding the sent mails in my sent items folder. Even my outlook settings has selected save the sent mails in sent items folder. Pls help me in troubleshooting this prob. rgds Guruprasad Check your view of the Sent Items folder. Go to View, Current View (or View, Arrange By, Current View in Outlook 2003) and see if you're set to Unread messages or some other view than the default Messages view. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Gu...

Removing days header and attachment view in Entourage mail

Macro for Viewing mails one after the other in the Reading Pane
Hi, I am new to Outlook Programming, would like to know if it is possible to create a Macro which enables user to view mails one by one in the reading pane automatically (without him explicitly needed to navigate from one mail to other by clicking). Example: Suppose a user has 5 mails in his inbox. To view all five mails one by one generally user is required to click on each of them one by one. Same thing I want to do with a Macro. The Macro is supposed to automatically move the focus from one mail to other, thereby allowing user to view all 5 mails one by one in the reading...

Sent items folder #8
In OL2003 if emails in my Sent Items have attachments are the attachments in this folder a duplicate of the file or is it only a link? I have many emails in my sent items folder which have attachments of 5MB and don't think its good to unnecessarily expand the Outlook database. Beemer Depends on how you attached the file, but the default behavior is duplicate to what is stored on file system. "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uu56ULzAHHA.4568@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In OL2003 if emails in my Sent Items have attachments are the attachments ...

How to Restrict Users to view/go to Query Design/Sql mode in MDE/M
I want to secure my Access MDE file so that My users can not go to Design / SQL view of the query. Currently after opening query through command button provided by me on form , any user can press right click button & Go to design/Sql view of the query & fiddle with it. I want to keep enable right click mouse button but disable "Query Design" option. Like for forms & reports design option is not available after creation of MDE file. I am not in a position to use Security & group wizard provided by Access. Please Guide. Thanks . Girish Disabled the default short...

Can't view Reports or templates
Hi I cant view any of the templates or reports on my CRM webpage I think it has something to do with the registration of Crystal reprts I tried the earlier post of the correct sequence of crystal reports but that didnt help any suggestions Rick ------=_NextPart_0001_F8B7BC6A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Rick, What type of error messages are you receiving when you try to access a report through CRM? What user is starting your Crystal Services? Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warran...

Get paid to View Websites
Get Paid to View Websites - EVEN IF YOU DON'T SPEND A DIME!! Earnings Example You click 10 ads per day = $0.10! 10 referrals click 10 ads per day = $1.00! Your weekly earnings = $7.70! Your monthly earnings = $30.80! The above example is based only on 10 referrals and 10 daily clicks. Some days you will have more clicks available, some days you will have less. What if you had more referrals? What if there were more ads available? It's Free To Join Signup Now! - http://adbux.org/register.php?r=Admaster ...

how do I create an icon for frequently used functions ?
for example: paste value etc. ...

how do I keep items grouped to save as a .jpg in Publisher?
I have designed an advert in Publisher using text boxes & a picture. I have grouped these but when I try to save them as a Picture in .jpg format only onetext box gets saved. How do I overcome this as I also need to save the image as a .pdf? Save the whole publication as a .jpg. File, save as, files of type, scroll down to .jpg -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "baffled32" <baffled32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

SQL experts? Adding Leading Zeros on some Barcode Items
I've imported about 4,000 items into RMS but first edited the .csv in excel, then exported to CSV to do the import. I just realized that the leading zero on some barcodes (item numbers) were taken off in excel & didn't make it to the final csv file... Any SQL experts have a suggestion? Need to do do something like this (that works)... UPDATE ITEM_BARCODE SET ITEM_BARCODE= 0+ITEM_BARCODE Where ITEM_BARCODE size =< 10 Barcode size needs to be 11 long (we are not sending the last 'check digit' from the UPC. The solution in Excel to stop the leading zero from fall...

How to view one calendar month only
Default month view for Feb 2010 is Jan31 to Mar 6, for example. I wish to view Feb 1 to Feb 28 only. How to accomplaish this: view one clendar month only. tia Office 2007 & Win7 Outlook shows full weeks - if you set Outlook to start the week on monday, it will fit the dates into 4 weeks. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:...

How do I disable Office Clipboard so Copy Paste uses traditional Windows Clipboard
Office 2003 Excel in particular I can not select a cell ... hit CTRL+C ... select another cell ... hit CTRL+V. Paste is never enabled. Apparently the Office Clipboard snags it and this method no longer works. Thanks Bill ... that is a real productivity booster. The only KB article that I can find that related to disabling the Office Clipboard doesn't seem to have an effect. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;207438 Well that article applied to Office 2000. Except for the version 9.0 (now version 10.0 in Office 2003) the AcbControl does not disable the clipboard....

application is disabled?
I just downloaded a trial version of office 2007, I went into Access to create a database and when I hit create it says "application is disabled, and databases can't be created" Can you tell me what I did wrong? Can I fix it? Thanks, Chris i'm having the same problem...

I have disabled macros but they still work??
Hi there! I have a macro that hides sheets and does not save changes. When macro are enabled, all hidden sheets will be displayed but user will not b able to save any changes made to it. When I clicked Disable Macros, th hidden sheets are still displayed. Why is that so? How can I make th sheets hidden when macros are disabled? Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) HideData ThisWorkBook.Saved = True End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Open() UnhideData End Sub Sub HideData() Dim i As Byte Sheets("Secure").Visible = True For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count If Sheets(...

disable auto-creation of email hyperlink?
When I enter a string of text that contains the @ symbol, Excel automatically turns it into a hyperlink to my email program. Is there a way to disable this? Hi Joan, depends on your Excel version: Excel 2003: Goto 'Tools - Autocorrect - Auto format as you type' and disable this option Before that (though as I don't use Excel 2002 maybe the tip for Excel 2003 will work): a) Use the following macro to remove hyperlinks of a chosen selection (after your data entry) Sub RemoveHyperLinks() selection.hyperlinks.delete end sub b) Without macro: - Type the number 1 in a blank cell an...

Icons in the System Tray.....
All, I finishing up a project that uses the system tray and I have been having problems with the system tray icons. The application is a Win98SE, WinMe, Win2000, WinXP, or a Win2003 application. The resolution is set at 1024X768 X 32bit (true color). The way I understand things is the Win98 machines only support system tray icons that are 16 color (4bpp). So I have wrote some code to switch the system tray icons to a 16 color version while the application is ran in Win98 and that has been ok'd by the client and all works well. Every other Windows OS other then Win2000 displays the icon...

Changing Item Prices
Hey Guys, If you use the "Inventory Wizard" to Change item prices, say for a Given Department for 10% off.....how do you cancel this if you find you wish to stop the sale early due to it being toooo popular? Well, run the wizard again to adjust the prices back up. Or have I over simplified your question? Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Michael Thomas wrote: >...

Open outlook item from website
I have an Website which needs to open a outlook contact item. Until now with office 2003 I used the "outlook:entryid" functionality to achieve this. But with outlook 2007 this works no longer. I know that I can do the same with the following command outlook.exe /select "outlook:entryid" But this is no solution because you can't execute such commands from a web page. Does anybody knows a solution for this problem? Is this possible without installing anything on the client machine? Thanks in Advance Philipp ...

Day Highlighted in Calendar View
Is there a simple way to have the current day highlighted when in weekly and monthly view? When I open my calendar I'd like to be able to visually acquire the present day. Thanks, Jim ...