CListCtrl and draw a selection box

I am using a CListCtrl in report mode. Normally a user can draw a box
with the mouse to select items (just like you can do in Explorer to
select files). But if I use LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT this doesn't work so
well anymore. If the user click to the right of the most right column
he can draw a box, otherwise will the item he clicked on be selected.
But I prefer that the user always can use the selection box regardless
where he clicked. Is it possible to do this in a simple way?

PEK

0
pekspro (18)
5/19/2004 7:22:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Selecting a filepath based on cell contents
ok ill try and explain this as easily as i can. I export a csv daily (1-Borrowed Hours ddmm.csv) ddmm would be the date and month I keep this folder in a similar filepath to the below g:\folder1\folder2ddmm\1-borrowed Hours ddmm.csv I have another spreadsheet that links to this spreadhseet for example lets say cell A1 on my new book links to cell A1 on the saved csv file. i would like to place a date in cell c1 and month d1 in my new book and the filepath change to the required new csv. I realise that if the path does not exist then this will cause an error. I tried using the concatenat...

Combo box to find records
Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. I have a form and wish to find records using a combo box. Which I know how to do. The problem is it takes me to "one" record. I would like to select, for example, employee name: John Smith and it return all records for John Smith while filtering out all other records. I would be thankful for any help. Thanks, Michael On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:24:04 -0800, Michaelchessking <Michaelchessking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, need help with what I am sure is a simple problem. > >I have a form and wis...

CScrollBar box flicker problem
I put CScrollBar in CDialog and thumb button flickering all the time. Somone can help me? Tnx ...

How do to enter data in a combo box on a worksheet?
Use the dropdown arrow? Shereen wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Disable 'Macro' dialog box...
Thanks Geoff, for the info on how to protect the VBA code. Have one further question; Now that the workbook and code is protected, I have sub routines that are run from command buttons. However, it is still possible to push ALT-F8 to list my routines, then click on a routine, then choose 'Run'... Is there a way to disable this option, so that users can not view or run the list of available routines (I need them to run the routines, only from the command buttons). Ruskin You can do what you want by making each macro a Private macro. This will preclude that macro from appearing...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Combo Box Moves
I have 4 activeX control combo boxes on an Excel sheet (2 on the left and 2 in the middle) and if I print the sheet the 2 boxes thatbare in the middle move over to the left hand side. I have gone into the properties menu and they show as locked but it does not make any difference. Also when I print the sheet the 2 boxes on the left which were made the same size as the underlying cells print out smaller than the underlying cells. Can anyone help please? Hi John, See MSKB Article # 838910 (Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002) http://support.micr...

After Add Record, Put Cursor in specific Text Box
Hi, I had the wizard set up a button to add record (it puts in the code below in the On Click property of the button). I'd then like to have the focus go to text box [ProjectType]. I don't know how to do that. TIA :) Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdAddRecord_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_cmdAddRecord_Click End Sub Private Sub cmdAddRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdAddRecord_Click If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False If ...

Setup dropdown list that selection references another dropdown
How do you create a dropdown list that references another dropdown list? ex: selection #1 references the selections in another dropdown list and selection #2 references the selections in a different dropdown list Hi Denny, I am really not sure if you mean dependant lists (or cascading dropdowns as they are often called). If so, then have a look at the following link. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html If not what you want then need some more explanation. -- Regards, OssieMac "Denny" wrote: > How do you create a dropdown list that referen...

Lookup value selection
Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard and avoid mouse click? -- romeo!! Please clarify. I could use the up and down arrow to select the values and then press "Enter" key to select the lookup value - works for me in v4.0. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "romeo" wrote: > Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard > and avoid mouse click? > > -- > romeo!! ...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Sub select in LINQ
Hi, I'm trying to write a sub select in linq to generete the list of users. I have an XML like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <UserConfig> <Users> <User id="1" loginId="arun" firstName="Arunkumar" lastName="Dharuman" > <assignedRoles> <id>1</id> </assignedRoles> </User> <User id="2" loginId="arun" firstName="Arunkumar" lastName="Dharuman" > <assignedRoles>...

select multiple items from dropdown
hello everyone, i have a table which is populated using a form. one of the fields is person's name, the dropdown for which picks up data from a second table (which has an index and person's name). what i want to do is modify the form so that a user can select multiple items from the dropdown, but i havent been able fo find a way to do so. i am using access 2003. i know that access 2007 lets you do that, but i dont have an option of upgrading right now. i would appreciate your suggestions thanks, vc-programmer Create a related table, where you can store many options for one...

How do I use flash drive in Excel.(selected drive is not in use)
I have an IBM Lotus 123 file that is on a flash drive. I want to bring it into a 60 day trial of Excel. The flash drive is plugged into a USB port and my file is on the flash drive. The error message is"The selected disk drive is not in use. Check to be sure disk is inserted." It is insurted and I have tried 3 USB places on my new Sony computer. Do you have any suggestions? Douglas Does the flash drive show up in My Computer? If not, and if either the computer is new or the drive is new to the computer, then you should wait at least 30 seco...

From VBA: How to select a column by column number instead of letter? #2
I'm in MS Access and don't know from column letters - all my constants are in terms of column number. I'd like to select, say, column number 7 and hide it.... ? -- PeteCresswell Gord and I sent you a macro solution for EXCEL as this is an Excel ng. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote in message news:uch701tveuot081n0q0h9rpq1r0c24v1sc@4ax.com... > I'm in MS Access and don't know from column letters - all my constants are in > terms of column number. > > I'd like to select, say, column number...

Check Box Sizing
Hi, When using check boxes, no matter how much I resize the area, the actual check box itself never gets larger (only the area for a description does). Is there any way to increase the size of the check box so that a larger check mark appears on the worksheet? Thanks, Brad. Brad, If you select "move and size with cell" (on the properties tab) then you can resize the checkbox by increasing the column width and/or row height. Give my regards to Boston. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "beantownbrad" <beantownbrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63B5725-...

text selection bug?
Sometimes, when I copy paste from a web site I cannot make a selection of the lines of the text I pasted using the keyboard keys "left alt+left shift+up or down arrows". However I can select it using the mouse, but not using the keyboard. Is this a bug? On Jan 12, 7:38=A0am, "minimus" <mini...@live.co.uk> wrote: > Sometimes, when I copy paste from a web site I cannot make a selection of > the lines of the text I pasted using the keyboard keys "left alt+left > shift+up or down arrows". However I can select it using the mouse, but n...

Insert Picture from dropdown selection
I'm working at a Marina and trying to make a comparison chart for different types of boats. I am trying to make a list, and based upon the users selection of a boat, insert a corresponding picture to match the boat selected from that list. I've researched other thread discussions, and tried to approach it this way, as reccommended by Ron Coderre: Select Sheet2 and turn off Grid Lines (Tools>Options>View tab:Uncheck Grid Lines) 1)For each picture to be displayed: 1a. Insert>Picture from file. (select picture, put it in the sheet and resize it). 1b. Select the range of cel...

draw geographic object on windows form.
I have some lines that are described by geographic coordinates (x1,y1) to (x2,y2) in UTM coordinate. What I'm trying to do is draw these lines onto a windows form to visualize what they look like. I can draw lines onto the form using the code below. my question is how do I convert my UTM coordinates to a form that can be drawn on the screen? Bitmap DrawArea; DrawArea = new Bitmap(pictureBox1.Size.Width, pictureBox1.Size.Height); pictureBox1.Image = DrawArea; Graphics g; g = Graphics.FromImage(DrawArea); Pen mypen = new Pen(Color.Black); g.DrawLine(mypen, 0, 0, 20, 6...

include credit notes in select cheques without applying
the ability to include a credit note in a select cheques run without having to apply it to any invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ee64b37f-41ab-4036-a...

Error: "The file(s) could not be saved to the selected folder"
Hi, I need help with Groove: I'm trying to save one of Groove folders to my local disk, and keep getting this error message: - Save File(s) Error - The file(s) could not be saved to the selected folder. The file path may be too long or you may not have access to the selected folder. Please select another folder. Any idea? ...

Selecting only some of the drop down options
I have a form set up that uses a query as a records source. I have 5 different drop downs to choose from with the criteria in the query set up as like below to link to the form >=[Forms]![Selected Criteria Form]![Year] By setting up this way, you need to select something from all 5 drop down lists for it to work. How would I set it up where I could select anywhere from 1 to 5 of the drop down options? Not necessarily. There is a technique you can use that will solve that problem; however, I need to know if the drop downs are on the form you are filtering, or are you making s...

Text Box Updating
I am having trouble getting a text box to auto fill from a choice made from a combo box. Combo Box Name is Address_21 Text Box Name is City_1 My code is as follows: 'Auto Fill CES Spec Written Office Private Sub Address_21_Change() Select Case Address_21 Case ""2306 Long Green Court" City_1 = "Valrico" Case ""3440 Oakcliff Road" City_1 = "Atlanta" Case "7015 East 14th Aveneue" City_1 = "Tampa" Case "1800 Taylor Drive" City_1...

Populating a field using a pull-down/combo box menu
Hello all, I'm working on MS Excel. I am trying to find the source code for something that will allow me to do the following novel procedure with a pull-down menu and a text box: There is a pull-down menu, and another text box right besides the pull-down menu. The pull-down menu has the names of all the states in the USA in it. When one state is selected, the text box is automatically populated with the capital of that state. In MS Excel, I've created a novel way to handle this issue using Boolean logic. Unfortunately, I can only have 7 states in my pull-down menu, and the sour...

Programatically creating text box
Hi all..I need help regarding creating the edit box programatically.. I have drawn a movable rectangle in a view.Now how i want to make that rectangle editable..can any body show me some pointer/sample code? I was cocoa programmer. i know how to do this in mac os..but i dont know how do i o it in MFC.. please help me I took the source code for drawing from following link : http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/diagrameditor.asp Thanks in advance CEdit editbox; when you need it editbox.Create(...parameters here...) and when you are done with it, editbox.DestroyWindow(); or if you want ...