CListBox line spacing

Hello,
I have changed the default font of a CListBox to "Lucida Sans Unicode".
So now I'm able to display for example greek characters in the list
box, but even if the characters of the new font appears to have the
same size as the default font the line spacing (the distance between
lines) is different (greater). How come? How can I change the line
spacing?
Regards
Jan

0
ostedt (7)
11/21/2005 3:35:22 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You will likely have to do the spacing yourself.  This code might help you
get started:

http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/clistboxst.asp

Tom

"Jan Ostedt" <ostedt@algonet.se> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have changed the default font of a CListBox to "Lucida Sans Unicode".
> So now I'm able to display for example greek characters in the list
> box, but even if the characters of the new font appears to have the
> same size as the default font the line spacing (the distance between
> lines) is different (greater). How come? How can I change the line
> spacing?
> Regards
> Jan

0
tserface (3861)
11/21/2005 4:59:03 PM
Tom,
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I was hoping I could
fix the problem without making the list box owner drawn, but it seems
like that isn't possible.
Regards
Jan

0
ostedt (7)
11/22/2005 11:32:34 AM
> Tom,
> Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I was hoping I could
> fix the problem without making the list box owner drawn, but it seems
> like that isn't possible.

Maybe I don't understand the original problem, but have you tried using
SetItemHeight to see if it does anything useful?
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)

To separate two line in a line chart
Hi all, I drew the confidence intervals (the vertical black lines) of each points in this line chart (please see below). However, the intervals would overlap at some places. In MS-Excel, is there any tip to shift one of the two lines a bit horizontally? So that I can prevent the overlapped intervals, especially as in black-and-white chart later. Thank you!! Seeing the figure, please click this url: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgtvrqj3_10fr9frz HsinJen Chen Hi, You would need to create a new set of x values for one of the series by adding or subtracting a constant. The chart type...

blank subject lines
Outlook 2007. Where do I set the option to warn me about sending messages with blank subject lines? here is one way http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article590-validate-blank-subject-warning-for-outlook-2007.aspx badgolferman wrote: > Outlook 2007. > > Where do I set the option to warn me about sending messages with blank > subject lines? > ...

How to Draw Lines directly on the form
I have an external VB6 program that captures signatures from a touch pad by drawing directly on the from or a VB picture box. It uses the VB Pset and Line methods of the form and/or picture box object to do the actual drawing. Is there any way to do this in access using either the Image control or on an Access form itself? As far as I know in Access 2K neither of these controls have these methods available. I realize I may still have problems getting Access to play nice with the Active X control for the touch pad, but unless I can actually draw the signature I am pretty much stuck u...

how do i form 2 lines in 1 row?
I'm guessing you're looking to force text in a cell to wrap into the next line of the same cell. If that's true...... Edit the text and move the insertion point to where you want to wrap the text. Hold down the [Alt] key and press [Enter] Does that help? ---------------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) "MSEXCELROOKIE" <MSEXCELROOKIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951AA059-1613-4A62-AAA6-7890AF6F84A6@microsoft.com... > In one cell type this is line one then Alt + ENTER then type this is line two. The Alt ...

Adding multiple lines of text within one cell
Is there a way, in excel, to add multiple lines of text to a cell? For example, I want to add a few bullet points (need hard return) but I want them to all appear within one cell. Thanks! not sure about the bullet points bit .. but ALT & ENTER will give you a line return within a cell. -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Michael" <groups@enthios.com> wrote in message news:BE8BDB15.5157%groups@enthios.com... > Is there a way, in excel, to add multiple lines of text to a cell? > For example, I want t...

mailing labels
Greetings, I use the following expression to print mailing labels. When there is a company name in the record, everything is fine. When there is not a company name, I get a small square box at the end of the name on the first line. Any thoughts on what I am missing? This expression is in the query. "SendTo" is in the report detail section SendTo: ([CustomerName] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) + [CompanyName] & Chr(13) & Chr (10) & [Address] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & [CSZ]) fields involved are all from the same table, record source is a query: CustomerN...

Frame shows spaces between the table cells.

Work 2003 automatically changes style when deleteing a space
Hello, I am working in word 2003 and whenever I try and delete a space between two paragraphs to make them into one paragraph word automatically changes the style of my paragraph. Is there a way to stop this from automatically changing the style? Thanks in Advance. When you merge two paragraphs, the style of the first paragraph will be applied to the second paragraph as well. (Strictly speaking, what you are deleting is not a "space" but the paragraph mark that separates the paragraphs. To show/hide paragraph marks, �, and other nonprinting marks, press Ctrl+Sh...

Line Spacing
I hit enter to create a new line but it insists on being double-spaced, even though the text I'm working with is single-spaced. How do I change this? Format - Paragraph -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "LindaE" <LindaE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB3CE15B-0694-40A4-9368-5BE2E727CE37@microsoft.com... >I hit enter to create a new line but it insists on being double-spaced, >even > though the text I'm working with is single-spaced. How do I change this? LindaE wrote: > I hit enter to create a new line but it insist...

Line
I'm plotting monthly and ytd data as columns on the x axis. And for the y axis, I'm showing a percentage that relates to the monthly data, not the ytd data. I've formatted the 4 sets of columns to "0 overlap" and "100 gap width". So, for each set of columns (month and ytd), the month and ytd columns are touching. Currently, the data point for percentage line on the y axis sits in the middle of each set of columns. But since the percentage data point really only relates to the monthly data, I was hoping to shift the line so the data points are over th...

How to insert a URL with spaces into message body
Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a message body from a mailto hyperlink without using brackets? For example: <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com? body=<http://www.micro% 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into the message body. However, the brackets will be visable too. If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro' portion will be hyperlinked. The 'soft.com' portion wi...

Can't Scroll Text in a Single-line CEdit
Hello all, I have a problem with single-line CEdit controls. I have one where I put text into it, using SetWindowText(). And then I select part of that text, using SetSel(). But I need the caret to end up at the beginning of the selection, not the end. The user needs to see the start of the selection. How do I put the caret at the beginning of the selection and scroll the text back so you can see the caret? I tried something like this (which doesn't work): int iSelStart = GetIndexOfSelectionStart( pMyCEdit ); int iSelEnd = GetIndexOfLastChar( pMyCEdit ); pMyCEdit->SendMessage(EM...

connecting two chart lines
Hi. I have two data series which represent declining balances for a home loan. At some point I transfer the balance in series1 to series2. So Series1 stops at its last balance. Series2 will jump vertically, because it has the balance from series1 added to it. Then series2 once again continues with a declining balance. My question is how do I create a vertical line to join series1 with series2.Thanks Bob - You could add a third series with only two points, the endpoints of the two series. If it is really a vertical line, you could also use an error bar of the appropriate length on on...

how do i send email through outlook2003 from command line
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: See Help in Outlook, using "command line" as the search string. -- Brian Tillman ...

Dynamically control how many lines on a graph?
I apologize if this is a FAQ, for some reason my newsreader isn't picking up any messages from this group (looks like no postings) so hopefully I'll be able to access responses, if not, I'll googlesearch for responses later today and tomorrow... ------------------------------------------------ I have many sets of data, all on the same sheet (in a repeated pattern- starting in row 1, then 11, then 21, etc) My single graph is based on named ranges, and the named range(s) are based on Steve Bullen's funchart1 (autoexpanding chart) to control how many x-axis values are shown- whic...

Help in making a simle column/line chart in excel using vb6
Hi, I want to make a simple column or line chart in excel using vb6. I have created instance of excel and in the sheet1, I am able to populate some data. Now using that data, say the range is A2-B6, I want to use that range and make a chart. Pls help by giving me code, step by step. Thx Sandeep Sandeep - Step 1. In Excel, turn on the macro recorder while making the kind of chart you want. Step 2. Refine the recorded code. Here is some recorded code, which creates an embedded column chart, adds axis and chart titles, and does a little formatting: '' START RECORDED CODE Sub...

Return cell characters after space
I have a cell with 'Mr J. Smith' and want to return in another cell 'Smith'. As there are many other examples, I need a function that will seek out the last ' ' in the cell content and then return all characters to the right hand-side of this ' '. e.g. 'Mr K Peters' would return 'Peters' Please let me know if I can clarify! Hi Andy =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",255)),255)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Andy" wrote: > I have a cell with 'Mr J. Smith' and want to return in an...

Fitting Line to Exponential Data
I should be able to do this but can't figure it out in Excel. I want to fit a line to some nonlinear data so I can project intermediate points. I gather I need the LOGEST function for this but I'm not able to make it work. Here are the X-Y pairs: X Y 4.5 0 6 18 10 49 20 77 45 99 Any help, with explanations, would be greatly appreciated so I can do this on my own next time. TIA John Smith - > I should be able to do this but can't figure it out in Excel. I want to fit a line to some nonlinear data so I can project intermediate points...

Goal line or target line to Excell 2007 Chart
Is there a simple way to add a "goal line" or "target" line to a chart? I've looked at the previous posts and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks! Hi, Have you look at these explanations? http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html Cheers Andy hawaiiham2000 wrote: > Is there a simple way to add a "goal line" or "target" line to a chart? I've > looked at the previous posts and can't seem to figure it out. Tha...

arrows along a line
Visio 2002 Is it possible to add arrow points along a line at intermittant locations .... not just at the end. Thanks. Hi Cowtoon, If you have a definite number of arrows that you want, do this: 1. Draw a line segment 2. Copy it several times, placing them all end-to-end 3. Select all the segments and choose Shape > Operations > Combine 4. Apply arrowhead formatting. Or, you may need a custom line pattern instead. Look here for more info: A detailed tutorial from MS: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/devref/HTML/DVS_10_Managing_Styles,_Formats,_and_...

Drawing a line on a frame on a form
Folks Overall objective is to, somehow, create a tab control on a form without requiring any external controls. Somewhere, somewhen I came across some really nice sample code which uses code like the following. For I = 0 To EmailBody_TabsCount - 1 ' draw raised borders X1 = lblTab(I).Left ' for each lblTab Y1 = lblTab(I).Top - 4 X2 = lblTab(I).Left + lblTab(I).Width - 2 Y2 = lblTab(I).Top + lblTab(I).Height Me.Line (X1 + 1, Y1)-(X2 - 1, Y1), vb3DHighlight Me.Line (X1, Y1 + 1)-(X1, Y2), vb3DHighlight Me...

Add dynamic line to chart
Hi, I often have the need to add limit lines, average lines, Standard Deviation Lines, etc., to charts, but the way I do it currently is pretty clumsy. Is there a more elegant way to do it? Say that I'm producing a line chart that shows data values over time. I have time on the X axis and the data plotted on the Y axis. Then I want to put a horizontal line that shows where the Mean plus One Standard Deviation is. I currently do this by adding another column to my worksheet and putting the same number in each cell in that column where the number is the Mean plus One Standard Deviation...

Number of Lines on SOP Picking Ticket Order Entered Form
Does anyone know how to accurately print the total number of lines on a picking ticket somewhere on the form? We tried adding the item number field to the page footer, and setting the field type to count, and it gives you double the number of lines on the report. This is most likely because we have 2 different sites for our items. We also tried dividing this number by 2 in a calculated field, but receive the error "Incompatible Operands" when trying to print. If anyone knows a way to get the number of lines, or how to divide the number we're getting by 2, it would be a...

Hiding rows: meaning of dark line?
I have a spreadsheet that, after saving as an Excel spreadsheet, is saved as an HTML file to be viewed in an Outlook folder. I have a number of rows that are hidden; there is a dark line in the spreadsheet that appears where the hidden rows are. When I view the HTML file in Outlook, nothing appears after where that dark line is. In other spreadsheets, including the one on which this spreadsheet is based, the hidden rows don't have the black line, and the rows after the hidden section are viewable in Outlook. What is the dark separator line telling me about my hidden rows? I...