CInternetSession with HTTPS (Certificate Policy)

I have HTTPS functioning with a CInternetSession, but only when the
certificate is valid in every way.

I would like to handle the cases where the certificate is out of date, or
issued to a different company, or issued by a non-trusted company.
I just don't know where to get access to the certificate policy.  I've done
this in C# by adding a CertificatePolicy handler that gains control when a
problem is detected with the cretificate.

Thank you for any advice, pointers or solutions.
DanB

code snippet:
// create session
m_pcis = new CefcSession(m_strAgent, m_dwContext, m_dwAccess, 0, 0,
m_dwFlags);
m_pcis->EnableStatusCallback(TRUE);
// create the Connection
m_pServer = m_pcis->GetHttpConnection(m_strServer, m_nPort, strUser,
strPass);
// create the request
if (IsHTTPS()) dwRequestFlags |= INTERNET_FLAG_SECURE;
m_pFile = m_pServer->OpenRequest(m_verb, m_strPathFile, 0, m_dwContext, 0,
0, dwRequestFlags);
// send the request
m_pFile->SendRequest(m_strRequestHeaders, m_strRequestHeaders.GetLength(),
m_strRequestData.GetBuffer(), m_strRequestData.GetLength());

0
Dan
5/11/2005 7:52:52 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

RPC/HTTPS with ISA 2006
Hello, Im in the progress of deploying exchange access with RPC/HTTPS using ISA 2006. Internally outlook can connect without issues to the exchange server via RPC/HTTPS, externally however it doesn't seem to be able to connect. Monitoring connections from the external test host all i can see is: 0x0 ERROR_SUCCESS's and 0x80074e20 FWX_E_GRACEFUL_SHUTDOWN And outlook doesn't connect. In the same publishing rule im also publishing OWA. this works fine. Jason ...

Connect to Exchange via HTTPS
I know there is a way that in Exchange 2003 it can be setup so that users can connect remotely using Outlook 2003. They can do this by nesting RPC packets inside SSL packets. Could someone point me in the direction of what I need to do to achieve this? Server side requirement Windows 2003 GC Windows 2003 IIS Exchange 2003 Client side requirement Windows XP SP1 with Q331320 Hot Fix Outlook 2003 For more information about the detail steps, read 1 Deployment Scenarios http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ef58395d-3710-49cf-9698-938e2bef39e8&displaylang=en 2 Sing...

digital certificate for my macros with SelfCert.exe
How do I distribute my digital certificate created with SelfCert.exe to my company users? MVM AFAIK, you don't distribute your certificates. Your users, when asked whether to enable macros in one of your workbooks, should check the box that adds you to their trusted sources. On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:55:04 -0800, MVM <MVM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I distribute my digital certificate created with SelfCert.exe to my >company users? >MVM ...

There is a problem with this website's security certificate
Hello, I bought an SSL certificate for my server (Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0). Server included already a web site with SSL certificate, so I created a 2nd web site with different IP and different SSL certificate and different application pool that is running. When I try to access the 2nd web site I get a message from IE "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." If I click on option "Continue to this website (not recommended)", I get error "service unavailable" What could be the problem ? 1st web site is running without ...

RPC via HTTPS passing thru a HTTP proxy?
We have just finished our deployment of RPC over HTTPS, and it's working great... with one issue we've run into. Most of our users tend to work from "offsite" locations - home, hotel, client site, etc. In MOST cases, the RPC over HTTPS functionality is working flawlessly. However, from ONE site, our users are not able to connect to our server and access Outlook over HTTPS. At this particular site, they are required to configure IE to use an HTTP proxy server to access internet sites. From most of the articles and postings I've managed to find on this, it SOUN...

Recipient Policy Oddity...
Hi, If a mailbox limit policy is in effect (180 mb warning, 200 Mb prohibit send) on an Exchange store, how does a user get excluded from the policy even if their useraccount settings box "Use mailbox store defaults" is checked? Any other locations to check? I'm scratchin' my head on this one.... thanks, Mel ...

Folder redirection with group policy
I use group policy in a Windows 2003 domain to redirect a user's My Documents folders to a network share. For some reason, the policy does not work with Publisher 2003. It does work on all the other Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Any idea how to resolve this issue? ...

Error 80090325 autority certificate
hi i receve this error when i want use propriety in exchange server pubblic folder certificates chain issued by not reliable authority id 80090325 the error is present after the restore operation of the priv1.edb e pub1.edb can help me please Did the restore of the Exchange DB take place on the same server? Did the cerificates change at all? The error that you've indicated would seem to indicate that the signing chain for your certificates is having a problem. C. Smith Enso Technologies, Incorporated http://www.ensotech.com On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 03:37:03 -0700, Pip_italy <Pi...

Mailbox Manger Setting (Policy)
I’d like to enforce a 90-day e-mail retention policy on all email folders except: Contact, Journal, Tasks, Calendar and notes and a special folder called Saved-E-mail. My question is regarding the Saved-E-mail folder. In older versions of exchange the folder would get excluded but not the subfolders within it. Will mailbox Manger in Exchange 2003 also exclude the subfolders within the excluded folder? ...

Outlook using RPC over HTTPS does not authenticate using the Kerberos Realm
Outlook using RPC over HTTPS does not authenticate using the Kerberos Realm. I have RPC over HTTPS working like a dream when the user authenticates with DOMAIN\username. However, I cannot get it to work with KERBREALM.CA\username credentials, even when that's what they logged onto the machine with. a. I have put KERBREALM.CA in the Domain Name and Realm Name fields in IIS for the "RPC" virtual folder. b. I have Basic Authentication (clear text) set in IIS for that folder also. c. I have webmail working with the KERBREALM.CA Kerberos Realm. d. I have users logged on to a Wind...

Certificate Chain
I recently installed an SSL certificate on our Exchange server, for OWA usage. It works perfectly, as expected. However, now when I try to access the Properties page of any Public Folder (under Public Folder Store -> Public Folders, in ESM) I get the following error message: "The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted. ID no: 80090325. Exchange System Manager" As I'm new to the whole idea of certificates, I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting this problem. Googling the text of the error message hasn't produced any useable resu...

Recovering deleted mails when retention policy is set
If the "recover deleted mails" option does not show any mails available to recover, how do i restore a users deleted mails? We have a retention policy set, and I'm wondering if the mails are retained somewhere on the exchange server even if they don't show as available for reovery via Outlook? if the emails were "hard deleted", see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246153/en-us if they don't show up there, either, the user has gone into the dumpster and "purged" email...your only option after that is to restore from backup... -- Susan Con...

Where can I enter info in 1 place RE: policies etc.
Quicken had a place to enter all information regarding all your accts & insurance policies etc. In case of death someone would have all the important data with phone numbers etc in one place. I cannot find a place in Money 2006 to do this. If it does not have this very important feature ,is there any forms available for gathering all this info to keep together? -- Barry www.beamalarm.com In microsoft.public.money, beamone wrote: >Quicken had a place to enter all information regarding all your accts & >insurance policies etc. In case of death someone would have all the imp...

RPC Proxy Server and RPC over HTTPS
Hi! I want to send you the log results of RPCDUMP tool on the RPC Proxy Server (also front-end Exchange server). Is it normal that IsListening for ncacn_http is always NO? That is strange for me. If RPC proxy server does not listen on this port, how can he accept and forward the requests to back-end Exchange server? Perhaps because of that I have connectivity problem between RPC over HTTPS-Client and Exchange Server? My RPC over HTTPS access functions well in internal network, not from external to internal. Best Regards Mustafa ProtSeq:ncacn_http Endpoint:6002 NetOpt: Annotation:MS...

How do you block port 25 on workstations via SBS 2008/Group Policy?
I have recently read that a best practice on the network was to block port 25 on all workstations that connect to the exchange box. The exchange server should be the only computer allowing smtp port 25 traffic, therefore reducing the chance of a mass-mailing worm to do its magic on a workstation, invoke its own smtp service, and send out spam. Workstations would still be allowed to send out mail via Exchange and Outlook, but no port 25 traffic on the individual machines My domain controller is SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007. The client workstations are mostly XP with a couple of Wind...

https over rpc #2
Hi all I am able to use ip addresses for https over rpc rather than fqdn for testing. I can't seem to get the damn thing working and have tried importing the certificate on the pc's but can't seem to find it in the stores Cheers Glenn In news:uKd6%23nOUHHA.1636@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Glenn Clark <glenn.clark@NOSPAM.btinternet.com> typed: > Hi all > > I am able to use ip addresses for https over rpc (RPC over HTTP, actually :) ) > rather than fqdn for > testing. I can't seem to get the damn thing working and have tried > importing the certificat...

Can't seem to enforce a newly created Recepient Policy...
Hi Everyone: I just created a new recepient policy. I would like this policy to set my newly created users in a specific OU to assign them a different email domain which in our case is NA.company.com when my users in that OU are created. I have created the new OU, and a universal security group in that OU as well as users. I make sure i put my users in that security group. My policy has the following filter rule: (&(&(&(objectCategory=*)(memberOf=CN=security_group_name,OU=OU_with_new_doma in_users,OU=OU_with_all_domain_users,DC=domain,DC=com)))) Now, when i add my users to...

SSL Certificate Error message
I get this error message and followed the fix according to KB324345. I am still getting this error message and am wondering if anyone has had the same issues or can provide some insight as to where or how I proceed. thanks. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 running on a SBS 2003 SP1 server. SYMPTOMS When you use Exchange System Manager to view public folders in Exchange 2000, you may receive the following error message: The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager RESOLUTION To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods: . Publish a new SSL cert...

How to remove a legacy recipient policy?
I have an exchange 2003 server which is currently in native mode. I found 1 recipient policies leftover from when the domain was Mixed Mode 5.5. It is marked "highest" and will not allow me to delete it, the only message I get is "This recipient policy cannot be deleted." has anyone come across this? Thanks! ...

Help
My organization has 4 entities with 4 domain names. I have created 4 recipient policies to assign the domain email address to users of each entity (1 email per user). However, there are certain users that need to have an email address other than the primary address that they receive. Without manually assiging this address, can I create a group, put users in that group, and have a recipient policy assign all necessary addresses based on this group membership? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Semin...

RPC over Https #13
Dear all Can the DOMAIN Controller as the Exchange Server doing a Role RPC over https? Will DC doing this role will affect the domain login? Best Regards http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-RPC-over-HTTPS-single-Exchange-Server-2003-environment.html please check this link, Hakan GOKCOL "snakesboy" <snakesboys@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166586312.548974.133330@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > Dear all > > Can the DOMAIN Controller as the Exchange Server doing a Role RPC over > https? > > Will DC doing this role will affect the domai...

Email Address Policies NOT Firing Automatically
Is the description below by design or is something else going on? We are in a LAB setting running in Exchange 2003/2007 mixed mode, have a single AD2003 DC in native mode, and we have two email policies; CONTACTS & DEFAULT. The email stamping policies have been converted from RUS to EAP. Depending on the server/tools used, the email address policy will or will not automatically stamp addresses. - NO stamping if contact or user is created using 2003 DC via ADUC; Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy is unchecked when viewing in E2K7 console...

Can you get group policy on Win2k3 to take effect on XPe Clients?
We have recently added an XP Embedded client to our network, and I'm testing to see if group policy can take effect there through the domain. The XPe client is joined to the domain, seems to get some policies but not others, such as a controlled profile policy (desktop folder redirection). I can't find a resource for which policies take effect and which don't... can someone point me in the right direction? Ken Montgomery <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have recently added an XP Embedded client to our network, and I'm > testing...

exchange 2003 over https
Goedemorgen allemaal... Jaa ik heb er weer eentje hoor.... Voor het uitwisselen van email agenda's etc uit exchange naar een iPhone heb ik https (443) nodig. Installeren van de certificate services om de beveiliging goed in te stellen krijg ik de melding: --- An error was detected while configuring Certificate Services. The certificate Services Setup Wizzard wil need to be rerun to complete the configuration. Certificate Services setup failes with the following error: Windows cannot find the networkpoath. Verify that the networkpath is correct and the destination com...

CRM Application certification
Hi, Can anybody tell me, from where can i find the braindumps for MSCRM Application and MSCRM Customization Exams? I need to clear these exams. Thanks in advance, Ashwani Lets hope any responses to this message will be removed by moderators... The exams are not meant to be 'cleared'. Hard work, understanding and time is what is needed. Sad, but true... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Can anybody tell me, from where can i find the braindumps for MSCRM >Application and MSCRM Customization Exams? >I need to clear these exams. > >Thanks in advance, >Ashw...