Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar

I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar.
Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl
objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

0
kslight (1)
8/3/2003 3:07:41 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar,
change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing
the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before
\n is tootip.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Ken Slight" <kslight@charter.net> wrote in message
> I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar.
> Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl
> objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them.  Any
help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Contact info changed and old address still come up
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have changed in the address book an e-mail address, but when I type the name, the old e-mail address still pops-up. I deleted completely the old contract, and made a new one and still the old one comes up...I have no clue to where I need to go to delete the old address...Any idea anyone? You are confusing your Contacts with your nickname list. Are you choosing from the drop down list that appears when you start typing an address? Highlight the incorrect entry and delete it. "Marie" <Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

change color of bar on multi-day event shape
Is there a way to change the color of the "bar" across the top of a multi-day event shape? I can change the fill color, but not the bar is always blue. url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1127-1.aspx On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:43:11 +0800, "Jennifer Virley"<virleyj0@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to change the color of the "bar" across the top of a >multi-day event shape? >I can change the fill color, but not the bar is always blue. Open the Drawing Explorer window (menu View -> Drawing Explorer Look for the appropriate shape on the ...

adding history text to bulk contact records- from an Excel spreads
we have an excel spreadsheet that contains contact record naming as in CRM and an additional column of text- we want to place this text into the contact record- each contact record has a different history text that needs to be added as a history item - the contacts exist in CRM already- we are just wanting to find a easy sure way to add the history ...

Dockable toolbar sizing problem
I want to create a dockable toolbar which has captions. I add captions to the buttons. Each button has a different width. When the toolbar is fixed, the appearance is ok. But when you make the toolbar dockable, the toolbar appears shorter than it should be. After investigation, I found out that I have to consider CalcDynamicLayout and CalcFixedLayout methods. Can anyone help me out on this matter ? Thank you. ...

Changing line appearance for future values
Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line in a chart for values in the future (like projections)? I would like to go from solid to dashed and keep the same color and weight. Either you format line pieces individually (manual work). Either you use 2 series to plot in the chart. Use IF functions to see on which series a given value should be shown. Use NA() for values that should not be plotted. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "RhysPieces" wrote: > Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to change the appearance of a line...

Text Formatting within a cell
I know there is a way, I've seen it before I just can't figure it out or find it online. How in the world would I go about formatting a range of cells to make all text within that cell proper. I am not talking about the function "PROPER" but I need the same thing accomplished without having to pull the information from another cell to make it "proper" by proper of course i mean the first letter of the word will be capitalized. I need to be able to enter a first name into a cell and have that cell auto format the name to capitalize the first letter regardless...

Protected XY plots change format spontaneously
I use Excel 2000 (9.0 SP3). In my workbook, each of 20 worksheets has some data-entry cells, an embedded XY plot, and some buttons for macros. Each plot has 1 series - the data from the data-entry cells on that sheet. Cells outside the data-entry area are locked. The worksheets are all "protected" so that users can make changes only in the data-entry cells. Two more XY plots are on separate sheets in this workbook - each has 12 series, and is also "protected". I have about 20 such workbooks. All are on a network drive and are accessed by users working at various PC...

Macro to change the PivotField to sum
I'm trying to find/creat a macro that will automatically change the Field in my pivottable to Sum. The problem that I'm running into is when I have have a new field name or a new pivottable name. I can creat one where the pivottable and the PivotField are always the same but that really doesn't help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vick Debra Dalgleish has an addin that you may like. http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html The code is unprotected, so you could just extract that portion and include it your macro if you want. Vick wrote: > >...

limit text length in a text box in excel 2003
I'm trying to limit the text length in a text box but i can't find the option to do so please help Darren, For a textbox from the Control Toolbox Menu or on a userform: In design mode, right-click the text box and choose properties and set the MaxLength value. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57C99D51-1862-4AD9-AF41-057A0674FB18@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to limit the text length in a text box but i can't find the option > to do so > please help ...

virus in input.text.url[1].htc ?
I have a message from my antivirus software reporting a virus 'HEUR/Exploit.HTML in file INPUT.text.url[1].htc in the temporary internet files directory. Is this a known virus? What to do about it? ------=_NextPart_0001_07AF4E4F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <ruud00000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a message from my antivirus software reporting a virus > 'HEUR/Exploit.HTML in file INPUT.text.url[1].htc in the temporary internet > files directory. > > Is this a known virus? What to do about it? Check if the file ...

how do i set a conditional text in Excel?
Hello,, how r u all,, i have a small prob. i hope u can help me with i've created a drop down list in excel in one coloumn (the entire coloumn's cells contains the same list). .. the next coloumn should show the ID of the chosen data from the list. ID's r unique for each entery,, there are about 47 raws how can i do that? Hi mona it sounds like you need to use the VLOOKUP function in the cell to the right of your drop down. to do this you'll need a table somewhere else in the workbook which has the values in the dropdown box and the ID's listed e.g. Sheet 2 ..........

Seperating Numbers and Text
I need to seperate the numbers and words in the same cell. Not all tex and/or numbers are the same or are the same amount of characters. Ex. 22454 IN is all in the same cell I want: 22454 to be in one cell and IN in another cell to the right Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I assume that the original cell is text. If it is, then you can look for the position of a blank, then separate the two based on the blank location. If cell A1 has "22454 IN", In cell A2: = Search(" ". A1) In cell A3: = Left(A1,A2-1) In cell A4: = Right(A1,Len(A1) -...

A get/change next operation on table 'POP_PO' is for an invalid ke
Hi: I am trying to setup PO Enhancement in one company. After marking on Activate Approvals and hitting on OK button, the process runs, but at 2% run it gives me above mentioned error. This is with the one company. Other company is ok, I ran it and worked fine. What could be the reason. Thanks Naseer Ahmed ! I would recommend that you have all users logged out of great plains and then Run Grant.sql which should be on any of the client machines. Having done that, try the process again. If you are still stuck, let me know how you get along with it. "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" w...

cursor changed from tall to short
Thanks for help Change your Zoom to 500% and back to 100%. If this is a persistent problem, see the thread earlier today "Change cursor from dot to line?" where Stefan Blom posted this response: What you can do is create an auto macro that changes the zoom automatically each time you start Word: Sub AutoNew() With ActiveWindow.View.Zoom .Percentage =3D 500 .Percentage =3D 100 End With End Sub Sub AutoOpen() With ActiveWindow.View.Zoom .Percentage =3D 500 .Percentage =3D 100 End With End Sub For more, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing...

Printed email text appears rotated 90 degrees CCW
A colleague of mine receives emails occassionally in which the body of the email appears normally on screen, however, when she prints the email, the text appears left to right, but with each letter in the word rotated 90 degrees CCW in place. The print preview appears normal and the result is the same when printed on different printers (HP or Xerox). When she forwards the email to me and I print it, it's fine. This only happens in Outlook 2003, not Word or other Office applications. Has anyone else seen this before? Has anyone discovered why this happens? Are they HTML? Have you look...

Change color of a (solid) CBrush?
Can I change the color of a CBrush created with CBrush * myBrush = new CBrush( myColor ); without having to delete it and create a new one every time? TIA Harvey "Harvey" wrote: > Can I change the color of a CBrush created with > CBrush * myBrush = new CBrush( myColor ); > without having to delete it and create a new one every time? > TIA > Harvey > myBrush->DeleteObject(); myBrush->CreateSolidBrush(myColor); And why are you creating in the heap? -- ====== Arman You can certainly do it by calling detach/deleteobject etc but why not create a new one...

numbers in text box
I am recieve data from a scale in text box. It has number and other carater. How I could take only number in text box. I am work with 2008. thanks for your help "Roberto Londono" <RobertoLondono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:546A43AC-C590-42C0-BB4C-DA3C6D71FAF0@microsoft.com... >I am recieve data from a scale in text box. It has number and other >carater. > How I could take only number in text box. I am work with 2008. > > thanks for your help It depends on how you receive your data, but I did this for a similar situation. I...

Sumproduct with multiple text criteria
I have seen this question answered a couple times but none fit my situation. I am trying to use the following formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(AL2:AL50000="*GGF*"),--(AD2:AD50000="Charleston")) to search two columns of text and return the count for the rows that meet both criteria. (If AL2 has the text GGF somewhere in the cells text string and AD2 has the text Charleston in its cell, then it would count 1.) It is not giving me the count that is correct, it is returning a zero. My problem is that the text string in column AL contains different strings of text, and I only wan...

Rules Wizard changes rule
I am using Outlook 2002 with all current patches, and I have one html account and three POP accounts (let's call the POP accounts A, B and C). 'A' is my main account and it's messages go to the Inbox. 'B' is a secondary account and collects a lot of spam. 'C' is my work account. I want to route all incoming messages from the 'B' account to the 'B' folder and all the incoming messages from the 'C' account to the 'C' folder. I have rules that do this this simple task, only when saving the 'C' rule, the Rules Wizard ...

Turn Text Box 90 degrees
I have a text box in my application that is linked to another cell, but I need to turn the text in the box 90 degrees so that it reads from the botom up. I can't find any option in the text box properties that allow me to achieve this, does anyone know how I can do this? Thanks Neil Hi, Neil. Click on the edge of the text box to select the box, and click on Format | Text Box | Alignment | Orientation: <choose desired orientation> | OK. "Neil" wrote: > I have a text box in my application that is linked to another cell, but I > need to turn the text in the b...

Can't Scroll Text in a Single-line CEdit
Hello all, I have a problem with single-line CEdit controls. I have one where I put text into it, using SetWindowText(). And then I select part of that text, using SetSel(). But I need the caret to end up at the beginning of the selection, not the end. The user needs to see the start of the selection. How do I put the caret at the beginning of the selection and scroll the text back so you can see the caret? I tried something like this (which doesn't work): int iSelStart = GetIndexOfSelectionStart( pMyCEdit ); int iSelEnd = GetIndexOfLastChar( pMyCEdit ); pMyCEdit->SendMessage(EM...

curving text
I'm working in Publisher 2003 on posters/applications/etc. material for a local Boys & Girls Club event. I want the name of the event in Comic font and want to arc the name like a rainbow. Also, I want to use different bright colors for the letters that make up the name. I've tried the WordArt option but can't change the color of individual letters. I'm on a deadline. Help greatly appreciated! -- Cindy Cindita <Cindita@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm working in Publisher 2003 on posters/applications/etc. material...

Select all text in single section break.
I am looking for an easy key stroke way to select all text in a single section break. I hope there is something similar to Ctrl "A" which selects the entire document. I have 10 headers and need to select everything in just one. I really would like a key stroke solutions because I am using VB to automate some reporting. I need to make sure everything in the one section is selected, so I can delete it and replace it with data from a different source. I'm not sure I understand the question. Assuming that you are referring to sections as paragraphs (perhaps Head...

Retail Price randomly changes
Hi Guys I'm using 1.3 and occassionaly when I go into the properties of an item, the price changes to the price of another item (sometimes previously pulled up) I've tried checking the database and reindexing it, same thing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your advice Search for a post titled "problems after update" There is a fix for it, but you have to enter in a support request, they will then give you the fix for free "Mitch" wrote: > Hi Guys > > I'm using 1.3 and occassionaly when I go into the properties of an item, the > price cha...

Change Multiple Linked File References In Money Plus
I have linked a lot of files to transactions in Money Plus. I now want to relocate those linked files from disk C: to D: Any way to do this other than manually changing all the references in Money? -- Eric Bennett In microsoft.public.money, SolaDude wrote: >I have linked a lot of files to transactions in Money Plus. > >I now want to relocate those linked files from disk C: to D: > >Any way to do this other than manually changing all the references in Money? No, sorry. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:disal35kqaqcq4v9bn...