Changing the text of a group in a Report style CListCtrl in Group-View

Hi,

I have a CListCtrl derived object with Report-View using XP group
view.
All is worknig well, except that I can't change the text of an
existing group.
Here is my code snippet :

LVGROUP lvGroup;
ZeroMemory ( &lvGroup, sizeof (LVGROUP ) );
lvGroup.cbSize = sizeof ( LVGROUP );
lvGroup.mask = LVGF_GROUPID | LVGF_HEADER;
lvGroup.iGroupId = nGroupID;   // The group-id to change ...
lvGroup.pszHeader = L"My Text";
lvGroup.cchHeader = wcslen ( lvGroup.pszHeader );
int nRes = SetGroupInfo ( nGroupID, &lvGroup );

Note that 'SetGroupInfo' always returns the GroupID of the group being
changed (which according to the documentation indicates success), but
the group text isn't changed ....

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks a bunch !!
Guy.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f)
Hi This is the error I get everytime I want to download email from my ISP: Task 'server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ? K' The only difference are the charaters after the ? at the end which are different every time and include none printable characters. It happens right at the end. It seems as if the server's response is not parsed by the client side properly. Most of th...

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

Stagger X-axis text
In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems that I can only rotate the text to 90 degrees. Is there a way to stagger and leave horizontal? Specifically, I have all the provinces (or 10 of them) across the axis and they take up room when spelt out (no abbreviations allowed). I would rather the first, third, fifth ... etc. be higher and the second, fourth etc. be lower to allow the chart to be narrower and still read the text clearly. Cheers, Deborah >-----Original Message----- >In 1-2-3 I could stagger the text in the X-axis. In Excel it seems Deborah I would...

Outlook 2003
Is there a way to force all incoming email to be received as plain text in OL-2003? TIA -- howard How about: "Tools | Options | E-Mail Options | Read all standard mail in plain text"? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Howard Cross" <no-spam@No-Spam.com> wrote in message ...

Text retrieve in a list-like WS
Hello all I want to extract data to a cell from a ws bthat looks like that: NEWYORK 99999 USA LA 88888 USA BERLIN 77777 EUROPE I have 220 lines like this which is my "database". I want to be able to punch-in "99999" and that in the next 2 cells it will give me "NEWYORK" "USA" Don't know VBA. two left hands and sounds like chinese to me :( any help? -- yadaaa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ yadaaa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

Tax software report
I am unable to view any of my "Insurance : Health" category transactions when I run the "Tax software report" in the Reports section. To be sure, I confirmed that I previously check the tax form, Schedule A, and Doctors - medicine - etc. tax line in the tax manager. The error seems most perculiar given all of my "Healthcare" category transactions are viewable when I run the same report. Any suggestions? ...

viewing problems
My problem is I have a user (Malinda) with a windows xp cpu using outlook 2003. When Malinda forwards or sends an email to Jackie, also on the same server with a windows 98 cpu and outlook 2000, Jackie can only view 1 page of the email. Sometimes she can print out the entire document and sometimes it only has the 1 page (the same amount that can be viewed) I cannot determine who's computer is having the problem and how to correct it. It is only happening on these 2 computers. No one else has a problem receiving or sending emails from these 2 people. Sometimes the emails forw...

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

View as HTML
Emails received by Outlook 2003 are defaulting to text view, even though all the configuration options I can find are set to HTML. Security issues aside, how do I set outlook to display emails in the format they were sent in? Do you have Outlook set to read all mail as plain text? Tools->Options->Email Options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Silbury Hill <no-one@home.com> asked: | Emails received by Outlook 2003 are defaulting to text view, even | though...

Protection and grouping
I protected a sheet leaving some columns unprotected. These unprotected columns are grouped. When I protect the sheet, I am no more allowed to hide the grouped columns (by hitting on the "-" button). I allowed all conditions in the "Protect Sheet" window, but nothing changed. Anyone can please help me? Thank you Horst If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterface...

Report Error 11-24-04
When attempting to run CRM Reports for the first time we are receiving the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" I have found documentation that states that this can happen if your server has an underscore. Our server does not it is named ourcompany.server.eeecrm Can the periods have the same effect as the underscore. Or does anyone have another cause? Thank you Hi There - Hope you don't mind but I wish to piggy-back on your post. I get the same error on our custom reports that use OLE DB to connect to another SQL server other than the MS CRM ...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

SetParameterFields in CCrystalCtrl Activex(Crystal Report)
Hi , I am trying to call a Crystal Report from my VC program.In that i am facing problem while trying to send a selection criteria for my report (the equivalant in VB is SelectionFormula) I want to make selection based on a Date feild and another extension filed (say date between '01/01/2003' and '01/01/2004' and extn_no = 100) How can i do that.Any idea???????????? Reny ...

Column styles doesn't appear on the worksheet
Hello, one of my customers has changed the windows xp designs to its own. From this moment excel doesn't show the font color and the background color of a cell in the worksheet. Only in the print preview you can see the color settings of the cells. I'm not shure if this problem belongs to the changing of the windows xp designs, but from this moment it did occur. This occurs on new excel-documents and on existing ones. With another user account on the same machine the problem doesn't occur. I have reinstalled Office 2003 and even deleted user registry entries for Office...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

hide/change color of selected row headings
Is it possible to hide the row heading numbers for selected rows (i.e. rows 51 and greater) for just the selected sheet? I'd like to have a color with no row heading number appear that matches the fill color I select for the adjacent cells. Secondly, any ideas as to how I can prevent the user from scolling further down than a certain point (i.e. row 51). Thanks in advance. Joe Row headings are either on or off, you can't hide some. However, you can achieve a similar effect by hiding *all* headings (Tools/Options/General) and putting the numbers 1:51 in A1:A51. to limit scro...

Reports in Money Small Business 2004
Since "upgrading" from Money SB 2002 to SB 2004, when I run a Sales Analysis Report (ie, "All Projects" or any project for that matter) . . . NONE of the sales/invoices are included (except as $zero) for the dates BEFORE I "upgraded" the software. The paid (or unpaid) invoice (s) for all of the projects are still there, showing the correct amount of money, they are not, however included in ANY type of report I try to run. In other words, I can ONLY get totals within a report SINCE I "upgraded" (since 6/1/04). IF I were to run any sales reports...

Help ! formatting data to text