Change of dir of project = Error in MVC++ 6

Hi, guys;

I know that what I'm gonna tell sounds almost imposible, but thats why
I'm so surprised and don't know what to do:

I'm making some changes in a program with VC 6. Every day, when I
finish my work, I make a copy of the dir where the code is.

Well, now, when I try to run the workspace, and de MVC is loaded it
gives an error. I went back to my old copies, and got one with no
error.

What really surprises me is that, if I change the name of the folder
where the code is, MVC gives an error. And if I leave the same name of
the dir, it doesn't.

That makes no sense for me. What the fu... has to do the name of the
folder where I keep my project with this error?

Has anyone had something similar to this?

Any hint...?

Thanks

Dalton

0
vicorca (14)
8/10/2006 10:37:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is the error compile/link  time or is it simply when you load the project
that results in error?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Dalton" <vicorca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, guys;
>
> I know that what I'm gonna tell sounds almost imposible, but thats why
> I'm so surprised and don't know what to do:
>
> I'm making some changes in a program with VC 6. Every day, when I
> finish my work, I make a copy of the dir where the code is.
>
> Well, now, when I try to run the workspace, and de MVC is loaded it
> gives an error. I went back to my old copies, and got one with no
> error.
>
> What really surprises me is that, if I change the name of the folder
> where the code is, MVC gives an error. And if I leave the same name of
> the dir, it doesn't.
>
> That makes no sense for me. What the fu... has to do the name of the
> folder where I keep my project with this error?
>
> Has anyone had something similar to this?
>
> Any hint...?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dalton

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/10/2006 11:38:48 PM
I move my stuff around all the time in the latest version.  I can't remember
back to 6.0 so well, but I don't remember having a problem with that either.
Do you have the folder name included in an include file path or something in
the project or any of the files.  Also, VS has a habit of putting the entire
path in for include files it adds for you automatically which might cause
you some problems.

Tom

"Dalton" <vicorca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, guys;
>
> I know that what I'm gonna tell sounds almost imposible, but thats why
> I'm so surprised and don't know what to do:
>
> I'm making some changes in a program with VC 6. Every day, when I
> finish my work, I make a copy of the dir where the code is.
>
> Well, now, when I try to run the workspace, and de MVC is loaded it
> gives an error. I went back to my old copies, and got one with no
> error.
>
> What really surprises me is that, if I change the name of the folder
> where the code is, MVC gives an error. And if I leave the same name of
> the dir, it doesn't.
>
> That makes no sense for me. What the fu... has to do the name of the
> folder where I keep my project with this error?
>
> Has anyone had something similar to this?
>
> Any hint...?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dalton

0
tserface (3861)
8/10/2006 11:44:55 PM
The error comes out when I load the project. I mean, I open the window
explorer, go to the folder where the code is, and click on the
workspace. Then the Visual C++ 6 is loaded, and then the project, and
all the files that belong to the project are loaded. At this time is
when the error comes out.

I checked if any file refered to the folder name. No result.

Thanks for your replies.

Dalton

Tom Serface ha escrito:

> I move my stuff around all the time in the latest version.  I can't remember
> back to 6.0 so well, but I don't remember having a problem with that either.
> Do you have the folder name included in an include file path or something in
> the project or any of the files.  Also, VS has a habit of putting the entire
> path in for include files it adds for you automatically which might cause
> you some problems.
>
> Tom
>
> "Dalton" <vicorca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, guys;
> >
> > I know that what I'm gonna tell sounds almost imposible, but thats why
> > I'm so surprised and don't know what to do:
> >
> > I'm making some changes in a program with VC 6. Every day, when I
> > finish my work, I make a copy of the dir where the code is.
> >
> > Well, now, when I try to run the workspace, and de MVC is loaded it
> > gives an error. I went back to my old copies, and got one with no
> > error.
> >
> > What really surprises me is that, if I change the name of the folder
> > where the code is, MVC gives an error. And if I leave the same name of
> > the dir, it doesn't.
> >
> > That makes no sense for me. What the fu... has to do the name of the
> > folder where I keep my project with this error?
> >
> > Has anyone had something similar to this?
> >
> > Any hint...?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Dalton

0
vicorca (14)
8/11/2006 10:08:35 AM
Dalton wrote:
> The error comes out when I load the project. I mean, I open the window
> explorer, go to the folder where the code is, and click on the
> workspace. Then the Visual C++ 6 is loaded, and then the project, and
> all the files that belong to the project are loaded. At this time is
> when the error comes out.
>
> I checked if any file refered to the folder name. No result.

What exactly does the error say? Is it a missing file or something
else?

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/11/2006 12:48:54 PM
No. It's the tipical message from Windows that says that the program
has crashed and gives you an option to send a report to Microsoft.

Dalton

Ajay Kalra ha escrito:

> Dalton wrote:
> > The error comes out when I load the project. I mean, I open the window
> > explorer, go to the folder where the code is, and click on the
> > workspace. Then the Visual C++ 6 is loaded, and then the project, and
> > all the files that belong to the project are loaded. At this time is
> > when the error comes out.
> >
> > I checked if any file refered to the folder name. No result.
> >

> What exactly does the error say? Is it a missing file or something
> else?
>
> ---
> Ajay

0
vicorca (14)
8/11/2006 1:56:54 PM
Dalton wrote:
> No. It's the tipical message from Windows that says that the program
> has crashed and gives you an option to send a report to Microsoft.

So its a crash as opposed to an explicit error loading the workspace?
That would likely mean some bug in VC6. I have done what you are doing
many times. In fact when I load projects from Codeguru/codeproject, I
do this every time. There must be something special in that workspace
which is causing this.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/11/2006 2:29:04 PM
Dalton,

Maybe you could try deleting your workspace file (.dsp I think it was back
then) and they try loading it up.  Maybe there is something munged in there.
It could be that you had files open in the workspace too and now those paths
are different and the workspace may be trying to reload them.  You could
open a different project and turn off the auto load last project option to
see if that helps.  I think you could turn that off in 6.0.

Tom

> No. It's the tipical message from Windows that says that the program
> has crashed and gives you an option to send a report to Microsoft.
>
> Dalton
>
> Ajay Kalra ha escrito:
>
>> Dalton wrote:
>> > The error comes out when I load the project. I mean, I open the window
>> > explorer, go to the folder where the code is, and click on the
>> > workspace. Then the Visual C++ 6 is loaded, and then the project, and
>> > all the files that belong to the project are loaded. At this time is
>> > when the error comes out.
>> >
>> > I checked if any file refered to the folder name. No result.
>> >

>> What exactly does the error say? Is it a missing file or something
>> else?
>>
>> ---
>> Ajay

0
tserface (3861)
8/11/2006 3:29:51 PM
I GOT IT !!!!!!

Thank you very much for all your comments. You were very helpful.

Finally, the problem had to do with the workspace. As Tom mentioned, I
deleted the workspace, loaded the VC and then created a new blank
workspace and inserted the project I was working on. That simple, and
it worked.

You have no idea how long I=B4ve been struggling with this.

Take note, in case you get in this in the future.

Thanks you all.

Dalton|

Tom Serface ha escrito:

> Dalton,
>
> Maybe you could try deleting your workspace file (.dsp I think it was back
> then) and they try loading it up.  Maybe there is something munged in the=
re.
> It could be that you had files open in the workspace too and now those pa=
ths
> are different and the workspace may be trying to reload them.  You could
> open a different project and turn off the auto load last project option to
> see if that helps.  I think you could turn that off in 6.0.
>
> Tom
>
> "Dalton" <vicorca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > No. It's the tipical message from Windows that says that the program
> > has crashed and gives you an option to send a report to Microsoft.
> >
> > Dalton
> >
> > Ajay Kalra ha escrito:

> >> What exactly does the error say? Is it a missing file or something
> >> else?
> >>
> >> ---
> >> Ajay

0
vicorca (14)
8/13/2006 11:19:24 AM
Yeah.  You did something wrong.

I don't suppose you could actually bother to TELL us what "an error" translates as...
				joe

On 10 Aug 2006 15:37:01 -0700, "Dalton" <vicorca@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi, guys;
>
>I know that what I'm gonna tell sounds almost imposible, but thats why
>I'm so surprised and don't know what to do:
>
>I'm making some changes in a program with VC 6. Every day, when I
>finish my work, I make a copy of the dir where the code is.
>
>Well, now, when I try to run the workspace, and de MVC is loaded it
>gives an error. I went back to my old copies, and got one with no
>error.
>
>What really surprises me is that, if I change the name of the folder
>where the code is, MVC gives an error. And if I leave the same name of
>the dir, it doesn't.
>
>That makes no sense for me. What the fu... has to do the name of the
>folder where I keep my project with this error?
>
>Has anyone had something similar to this?
>
>Any hint...?
>
>Thanks
>
>Dalton
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Sending Email #6

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

MFC project with my classes
I have got a project that uses MFC. I want to expand the functionality of the project by adding a few of my own classes to it. But I don't know where should I create objects of my new classes so that I can access them, I know the WinMain function resides in CWinApp class and my project has a class inherited from the CWinApp class, but where should I define my own objects I can't figure it our. Can anybody help? Adrian wrote: > I have got a project that uses MFC. I want to expand the functionality > of the project by adding a few of my own classes to it. But I don't > kno...

Changing language

error 553

80070005 error #2