change menu prompt dynamically

hi,

I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically.
how can I do that?

regards.
Monica.L.
0
mluchi (1)
6/30/2003 7:01:40 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Monica,

What do mean by "menu prompt"? I'm pretty sure that a dozen of guys is ready
to help ya, but you gotta be more specific ;-)
Peter

"monica" <mluchi@soft.fr.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically.
> how can I do that?
>
> regards.
> Monica.L.

0
programer (27)
6/30/2003 8:20:55 AM
If you are doing it dynamically, you need to look at CFrameWnd::OnMenuSelect
(ie handle WM_MENUSELECT) and WM_SETMESSAGESTRING.

If you simply want to change the text of menu item, you need to use
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler and use pCmdUI->SetText().

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"monica" <mluchi@soft.fr.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically.
> how can I do that?
>
> regards.
> Monica.L.

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

Changing color of a range of cells dending up on a value in anothr
Hi, I need to change the color of a range of cell, depending up on the value in another cell. I am using Excel 2003. And it allows me to give only 3 conditions when using conditional format. But I have 7 differnt conditions. Thanks in advance for any help. Srajes. Unless you move to XL2007, you will need to use VBA. Here are some sites that will help http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-conditional-formatting-limit.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm Alternatively, there is an add-in here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html -- Steve "Srajes&qu...

Changing the default folder when inserting files.
Does anybody know how to change the default folder Outlook opens when inserting files? I have already tried the registry with no luck. Thanks. you can change the default folder - use the places bar to select the folder you want. http://www.poremsky.com/p/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kristin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Disabled "auto reply"
Howdy all. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. We're running an Exchange 2003 server using Outlook clients internally and OWA for remote access. POP is disabled for remote access. I've checked the Global Settings -->IMF settings in the ESM and confirmed that "allow out of office replies" and "allow automatic replies" are deselected. I've checked the rules within Outlook and confirmed that no rules exist. However, I'm still seeing auto replies being sent to Internet accounts (not from within the network when connecting via Outlook)...

How do I change the "Project Type" in "law Firm Financial Analys..
he "Lawfirm Financial Analysis Worksheet" currently has only attorney related "Projects Types," e.g., bankruptcy, forming corporations, amublence chasing. I'd like to modify the worksheet so it would fit other professions, i.e., engineering, consulting, and the like. Are these worksheets, including the law firm financial analysis worksheet, modifyable? If you download the worksheet: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/TC011406201033.aspx you should be able to modify it. Clear the existing project types, and replace them with the ones you need. seanac...

2003: Page Setup missing from File menu
Is this by design or have I done something strange? I want to freeze the top line to repeat on all sheets and cannot find anywhere else to do that. tcebob File>Page Setup is gone from your menu? It should be there. Are you missing anything else? Try putting Page Setup back onto the File Menu. Tools>Customize>Commands>File Scroll down to "Page Setup" and left-click drag to File Menu. If you have other things missing from your menus maybe you should just try re-setting all. Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select Worksheet Menu bar and &q...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

changing accounts for sent emails
I am using Outlook 2000 with my laptop. I receive and send email from two differents accounts. One is for work, the other is for personal email. The default send is for the work account. I know to change the send account using the options choice on the toolbar, however, I frequently forget to do that. Is there a way to either: 1) display the name of the from: account when composing the email (which I usually do with Microsoft Word) so that I can more easily remember to change the account or 2) associate some contacts preferentially with the non-default account (i.e. have one default accou...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

Excel: Open Recent Files

Formula
Have a simple idea that is giving me fits. Have a worksheet with numberic data and labels in rows and columns. Below each column I use a simple SUM() function which works fine, until I disturb a row of data. By disturb, what I mean is that if I move the top row of data down to the bottom of the array, highlight the entire data area, move that area up one row, I lose the correct references in the SUM() function. I'm just moving the data area, not the row containing my SUM() functions - that stays put. IOW, the SUM() function is in row 12, the data area extends from row 1 through ...

Excel page format changes

Dynamic array
I am trying to grab missing numbers from a sequence of numbers in an ID field in a table using a For Next loop that will plug the missing numbers into dynamic array. I'm working off of Access help. I've tried so many variations of this trying to get it to work that I can't remember them all, but here is the latest version. It generates an index out of range error just before the Redim statement. Can anyone tell me why? Actually getting an array to work in VBA is my focus right now because I've never been able to create one that worked. I haven't even given any...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

How can I change dollar sybbol to euro symbol?
If data is numeric then use Format Cells and choose a format with a Euro symbol, or if text just do an Edit / Replace. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "zwerver" <zwerver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1821DD41-E29A-4034-9A2E-9DCB5AB6B4BD@micros...

Charts and "global" changes
Hello all, I'm actually working in Microsoft Access97, which uses MSGraph 2000 for charting, so I thought this was really a "charting" question... not an Access question. I have an XY scatter chart (using just points... no X or Y error bars or lines) all laid out just fine, but I have a couple of questions that would make my work a lot easier. When the data first displayed on the chart, every data point had a different "style"... circles, triangles, x's, etc... I had to go into every one individually and change them to a black dot at size 3. Isn...

Archiving Dynamics GP MFG Data
Has anyone ever archived any of their Dynamics GP MFG Data? We need to do this but can't find any information on the best way to do so. Our data volume has grown over the years and queries are taking a performance hit as a result. In our test environment I found a 300% increase in efficiency when posting MO Receipts after deleting the data in the MOP1027 table, in which we had over 4 million records. I posted previously about MO Receipt posting being slower after upgrading and found that SQL 2k sp4 returns the following error found in the DEXSQL.log often when trying to perform inserts...

How to change description on taskbar?
This may sound trivial, but we have about 25 companies set up in Great Plains, and sometimes I am in several of them at once. Is there a way to change the verbiage on the taskbar button so I can tell which "instance" is for each company? I've tried setting up new shortcuts, but that doesn't work. It appears that the words: "Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains" are hard-coded... is there a way to change these words? Have a look at Omni Tools from Winthrop http://www.winthropdc.com/products.html The Omni Notify module allows you to add the Company name...

Changes not saved
I run Office 2002 SP2. Some people had reported that they did minor changes in excel (such as changing a value in a column), saved it, close the file, when the file re- opened, the changes has not been saved. Help! Any Ideas? Thanks The only time I've seen things like this is when there are two workbooks with the same name. You make the changes to one of them, save it, close it, but reopen a different one? (You don't have any macros that stop the save--this one is pretty farfetched. I'd look, but not get my hopes up too high.) You may want to sit with one of the users who c...

how do I change "read only" to copy files onto a Cd-RW
I copied files onto a Memorex CD-RW with no problems. I had a major crash and reloaded Windows 98 and was able to retrieve the files, but now when I want to save files, with new changes on the CD-RW it says "read only". I've looked into Properties and haven't any success. It is not a good idea to read and write files to removable media. Copy the file to your hard drive from Windows Explorer, save back to the hard drive and copy to the CD-RW from Windows Explorer. If you need to remove the read-only attribute, you can do that from Explorer, too. On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:0...

Outlook template does not prompt when you close
Has any one any idea why when I close a message from a Oft template, it doesn't prompt me to save it? I have a similar Oft template that however does. I tried copying the information from the faulty template into the one that works and then saving it but the behaviour is still the same. Thanks for your help! Try clearing the forms cache to see if that helps -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook <ksenya.lim@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154503019.141786.10350@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Has any one any idea ...

Changing View For Public Folders
Hello, I am looking for a way to change the view of the Public Folders from the default Detail view to a custom Icon view. If anyone knows of a way to accomplish this, I would be greatly appreciative. One of our customers is looking to have this setup. Thanks. -b To force users to see a custom view when they open a public folder:=20 -- Create the custom view, choosing the "On this folder, visible to = everyone" option.=20 -- Choose View | Current View | Define Views. Select the desired view, = and click Publish. At the bottom of that dialog, check the box for "Only = sh...

Column size keeps changing
Using OL2003 In a custom view I have many columns with carefully chosen sizes for each. This remained unchanged as long as I didn't resize them in OL2002. With the new 2003 version, when I click on Help for instance it opens up a sidebar to the right of the screen with the search fields and results and squeezes the view into the left hand pane.. When I close Help, my custom view is "restored" but the columns are all changed. Help! ...