Cedit multiline problem - A quite hard one

i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.

The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
stripes.
I can't simulate it.

his configurations are:
winxp professional
service pack 1
font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold

does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
this problem.

Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know

thx in advance
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Does it happen for even something as simple as this?

DWORD style = WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE | ES_LEFT | ES_MULTILINE;
edit.Create(style, CRect(0, 0, 320, 240), this, -1);
edit.SetWindowText("Hello\r\nThis\r\nIs\r\nSome\r\nText\r\n.");

0
none89 (807)
8/30/2004 11:16:12 AM
If the control is truly multiline, you should not see the two stripes. That's usually
caused by having a single-line control. So I've not seen the problem.
					joe

On 30 Aug 2004 03:33:02 -0700, voorspoels@hotmail.com (Tim) wrote:

>i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.
>
>The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
>stripes.
>I can't simulate it.
>
>his configurations are:
>winxp professional
>service pack 1
>font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold
>
>does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
>app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
>this problem.
>
>Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know
>

>thx in advance

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
8/30/2004 2:20:01 PM
If the CRLF codes are in the wrong order (in other words, LF before CR) then
you'll see this behavior.  But it seems unlikely that your client is putting
the codes in backwards.  See if he gets the same behavior if he
cuts-and-pastes text from Notepad.

"Tim" <voorspoels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.
>
> The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
> stripes.
> I can't simulate it.
>
> his configurations are:
> winxp professional
> service pack 1
> font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold
>
> does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
> app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
> this problem.
>
> Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know
>

> thx in advance

Hi

I am having EXACTLY the same problem. It happens only on WindowsXP SP1 so it
is NOT a bug in code. It is a normal multiline textbox. App built with VC
6.0.

Vaclav

"Tim" <voorspoels@hotmail.com> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku
> i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.
>
> The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
> stripes.
> I can't simulate it.
>
> his configurations are:
> winxp professional
> service pack 1
> font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold
>
> does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
> app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
> this problem.
>
> Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know
>

> thx in advance

0
no1498 (362)
8/30/2004 8:22:35 PM
hehe like i said before this is only working this way with one of our
clients, so with all other clients it works very well, so all the CRLF
are in right position.  And yezz the control is multiline, it works
for all the other clients, but with one client the app has a problem
with CRLF, i really don't know what the problem is.  And actually the
edit box is read only and used show text in, programmed by me, so the
user can't make a mistake with CRLF or whatever, all the source code
is good, and the edit box is multiline, and the exe also works fine,
except with that one client.

"V�clav Jedlicka" <no@spam.please> wrote in message news:<e2alW7sjEHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Hi
>
> I am having EXACTLY the same problem. It happens only on WindowsXP SP1 so it
> is NOT a bug in code. It is a normal multiline textbox. App built with VC
> 6.0.
>
> Vaclav
>

> "Tim" <voorspoels@hotmail.com> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku
> > i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.
> >
> > The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
> > stripes.
> > I can't simulate it.
> >
> > his configurations are:
> > winxp professional
> > service pack 1
> > font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold
> >
> > does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
> > app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
> > this problem.
> >
> > Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know
> >

> > thx in advance

Problem inserting a column!!!
Hello all. I just accessed a worksheet which Im trying to add a column to... I highlight the column which i want the new column inserted ...and when i try to insert a column it doesnt work! A warning message comes up stating that a column cannot be inserted until blank cells are removed from the right side of the sheet or something to that effect!? Whats going on??? Thank you. -- londonchick ------------------------------------------------------------------------ londonchick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24529 View this thread: http://www.e...

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

Problem while trying to open access training course on microsoft w
Hello, I was taking the online training course on Access 2007 but whenever I download the access file required for practice, the page linked to it with the instructions does not come up. Is there anything wrong with the links located within the access file? Is Microsoft updating them? Or if not should it be a local problem? Is the server being changed? Thanks for your help, Claudia On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:06:03 -0700, Claudia <Claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I was taking the online training course on Access 2007 but whenever I >download the acce...

Sum of more than one pivot table
I am working with trying to sum 2 pivot tables. I keep getting extra rows, one named "ROW" with a value of "0" (Zero). I can remove this item from the drop down list but ...... Why is it there? And what can I do to get rid of it? Ken I should have said, I am trying to do this in a new pivot table. Ref: http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot.html#4 The last part of this tutorial, says to sum the 2 pivot tables. >-----Original Message----- >I am working with trying to sum 2 pivot tables. >I keep getting extra rows, one named "ROW" with a value >of "...

Money 2003 Problem
The age old problem. Never really backed up upon exiting Money. Computer packs up - no backup file. However a money file (.mny I think) is left in my documents. On attempting to restore it, it initially tells me a location where it will save the backup file. Then it gives the following error message. 'Money cannot locate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Backup2 or cannot open it because it is a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,you will need to click OK and ope...

Header problem
I have placed a header in an excel worksheet - and saved it - but when another person opens the same file - and previews the file the header changes. This user does not have to save the file - but when a third person opens the file and previews the file - the header matches that of the 2nd user. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to keep the header from changing? What do you put in the header? Is it dynamic (the path of the workbook for example???). Knikki wrote: > > I have placed a header in an excel worksheet - and saved > it - but when another person opens the...

Two identical graphics, one visible in Draft view, the other not
A Word 2007 document contains several graphics (flowcharts) that were created in Visio (2003), copied to the clipboard (Ctrl-C), and pasted into the Word document (Ctrl-V). I have been working on this document for some time as well as others like it. I usually view these documents in Print View because the graphics are not visible in Draft View (they display as empty white space or the light blue field if selected). Today, I happened to shift to Draft View and discovered that most, but not all, of the graphics were visible. In one case, the same graphic was in the document twice r...

Problem with LPBYTE lpBuffer - I always get the variable error
Hello all! I've got a problem with the variable LPBYTE lpBuffer - Debug watch reports me that this variable has a bad ptr. Then it's the cause that I'm not able to get success with loading my file which I need to see in my dialog's edit-box. This is the problem part of my code: __________________________________________________________________________ HANDLE hFile; DWORD dwSize; DWORD dw; LPBYTE lpBuffer = NULL; lstrcpy(szSoubor, TEXT("\\temp\\test.txt")); hFile = CreateFile(szSoubor, GENERIC_READ, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL); if(hFile == INVALID_HANDLE...

CCommand object serialize problem
my code like this: CComand<CDynamicStringAccessor> rs0; ... rs0.Open( session,sqlstr,&ps); CFile theFile; theFile.Open(curdir+"db.dat",CFile::modeWrite); CArchive ar(&theFile, CArchive::store); ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0); when it runs to ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0),the system always report error: the memory "0x00000001" used by code "0x00000001" can not be read what wrong with it ? what I want is to store the rs0 from memory into hard disk,so I can use it after then by read it from hard disk how can I do it correct...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

network problem
i set up one of our store using a dsl line and synchronizing to head office passing thru a router that was configured to go to a certain pc when connecting to port 34400 and 34202, the hq client log generates this error and aborted the connection: error 3704 operation is not allowed when the object is closed our other store which is connected using vpn works fine but we are deciding to change using dsl connection is there any other configuration needed to avoid this error This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0188_01C8E065.F672B350 Content-Type: text/pla...

GP SQL Server Performance monitoring, problem with CPU related loc
The past week our GP SQL Server has been locking up. All GP clients (around 15) lockup and are not able to do anything within the app. When this happens the CPU on the server maxes out. It last for around 15 minutes then the CPU goes back to normal and everyone can start to use the GP clients again. Is there a way to see what is happening? For instance maybe its a batch/transaction/query/report etc. that a user is running that is causing this. Is there a log I can review or something to help me pinpoint what process is doing this? Thanks for your input! Hi, Can you pl...

Very Strange Problem (Urgent)
On the Line date1 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); If i use F11 to step into the function GetCurrentTime the control goes to BOOL CHtmlView::GetTheaterMode() const and exception is there for me Can Someone Suggest Why UINT ThreadProc(LPVOID arg) { ::AfxOleInit(); COledateTimeThreadDlg *pDlg; pDlg = (COledateTimeThreadDlg *)arg; for(;;) { COleDateTimeSpan datespan; COleDateTime date1,date2; date1 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); ::Sleep(100); date2 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); datespan = date2-date1; } } void COledateTimeThreadDlg::OnButton1() { ::AfxBeginThread(Th...

Problems w/ Outlook 2003
Starting yesterday I have been having problems sending e-mails with Outlook 2003 SP1. I use Comcast and while I can recieve I can not send emails with multiple recipients. I get the following messages: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has r...

Problem with blocking of main thread with other thread
I have a problem with blocking of main thread: My application contains an interpreter and I need to write a debugger for it. The mainframe creates a thread that is interpreting instructions. When I need to break execution of instruction thread, I use WaitForSingleObject(m_WaitEventHandle, INFINITE); in the interpreter thread. Everything works fine until the window is opened from the interpreter. Then the mainframe freezes. When I break execution in VC the call stack for interpreter thread shows: � NTDLL! � KERNEL32! � CDebugManager::CheckBreakpoints() � CInterpreterThread::Run() � _Afx...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

Strange communicaiton problem between E2K3 BE & FE servers
Hi there, Exch2003SP1 with BE & FE config, both running on w2k3 (no sp) servers. All in a sudden, around 11am this morning, outgoing internet emails pending at BE's "Internet Mail - _6f11108f04be1b4fa16208b3824b69aa_S (SMTP Connector)" queue, in which when force it to retry, at additional queue information, it said "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt". However there is no problem of incoming internet emails at the moment. Already restarted both SMTP virtual server at FE & BE, didn't help on the outgoing mails problem. On both B...

insert data from one excel file into another
Is there any way to insert data from one excel file into another without doing copy and pasting? I need to automate the process of inserting data but I cannot use copy-paste, because it puts data on a clipboard, and my Excel VBA program runs in a multi-user environment. So if one instance of a program is copying data into clipboard, and another instance is pasting it at the same time, it will paste incorrect data. Thank you Leonard. You'll need both spreadsheets open, but try this; Option Explicit Sub MyMacro() Dim MyVariable As String Windows("File2.xls").Ac...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

cd ripping problems
Recently I have had difficulty ripping my cd to my hard drive. Periodically, when I put a cd in my drive and try to rip it, the computer reboots itself, and then I am told that the computer had a serious error. It does not happen all the time. I never have difficulty ripping one of my dvds to back it up; only cds. Any answers? This is the wrong newsgroup for your message. This newsgroup is for the Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP solution. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-85...

Tiling Problem
I have Office 2010 and have had the same problem in 2007, 2003 and XP. It has also been a problem with 3 different printers. I have a poster I print up on a regular basis and have a printer that prints edge to edge. I have printed with normal borders and edge to edge with the same problem. It skips printing the gaps between pages. There are missing sections and the pages do not match up properly, requiring manual filling in or smoothing of the gaps. An annoyance with black printing, but a problem with color. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks. Mike D. Look for a newer printer driver. -- ...

Problem with my Microsoft Word 2003
Hi, For some reason my 'Backspace' key no longer deletes whole words when I'm writing in word. If I highlight some text and press it, nothing happens - I have to use the 'Del' key intead. Any ideas why this has suddenly happened and how I can put it right? Tools >options > check 'typing replaces selection'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>&...

Build Problem
I'm currently taking a Visual C++ course. I have C++ version 6.0 on my machine. I set up a basic program per course instructions to simply create a window with default toolbar, etc., using App Wizard and ran build from the menu to create the .exe. Got following output: --------------------Configuration: sam - Win32 Debug-------------------- Copying contents file... The system cannot find the path specified. Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe. sam.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ----------------------------------------- The logfile sam.plg is as follows: ------------------...

Problem using CFileFind on SMB server on LAN
Hi, I am having problems using CFindFile() when the path is to a directory on an SMB server in the local LAN. I am able to "see" the directory using _chdir but I need to iterate through all the files in the directory using CFindFile() My code is as follows : __code__ char * c_str = "\\\\server\\dir"; int foundVideoDir = _chdir(c_str); if (foundVideoDir != 0) { ;/*do error code*/ exit(1); } // if get here dir found on remote server CFileFind finder2; BOOL bResult2 = finder2.FindFile(c_str); if (bResult2 == 0) // note opposite value to _chdir { /*do second...

Access 2007 template problem. Template could not be instantiated.
We are moving up to Office 2007 and have rolled it out to a handful of PC's so far and already we are having problems. When I try to open any local template or online template I get a message saying "Template xxxx.accdt" could not be instantiated - The table xxx could not be read from the template file. The object may be in an unrecognized format or contain invalid data" Two days ago I opened one of the local templates fine. Today I get this error. I tried uninstalling Office and re-installing but it made no difference. A colleague of mine who has never used a te...