CDHtmlDialog and large fonts: Am I in hell?

Howdy,

I'm writing an app which uses html hosted by CMultiPageDHtmlDialog.  My
problem is that the html (given to me by designers using  Front Page 2003)
breaks when the user selects large fonts.

I note that in standard 96dpi mode that the base dialog units are 8 and 16,
while with 120dpi large fonts they are, as you'd expect, 10 and 20 (i.e. 20%
larger).

Is there a way to force my dialog to use the same base units for both font
size settings?

For reference, here is the dialog resource from my rc file which describes
my dialog box:

IDD_ABOUTBOX DIALOGEX 0, 0, 235, 55
STYLE DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_FIXEDSYS | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION |
    WS_SYSMENU
CAPTION "About MyApp"
FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg", 0, 0, 0x1
BEGIN
    ICON            IDR_MAINFRAME,IDC_STATIC,11,17,20,20
    LTEXT           "MyAppVersion 1.0",IDC_STATIC,40,10,119,8,SS_NOPREFIX
    LTEXT           "Copyright (C) 2003",IDC_STATIC,40,25,119,8
    DEFPUSHBUTTON   "OK",IDOK,178,7,50,16,WS_GROUP
END

IDD_MYAPP_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 461, 316
STYLE DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_FIXEDSYS | WS_MINIMIZEBOX |
    WS_MAXIMIZEBOX | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW
FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg", 0, 0, 0x1
BEGIN
END

thanks,

Jim Howard

0
jnhtx (73)
11/11/2003 8:59:35 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to set Outlook 2000 Default font size
I have to use Microsoft word as my default Message editor in Outlook. How can I get my way to make Font :Arial Text Size 18 as my default whenever I compose and reply a mail. ...

Rounding a large range & a Missing Font
Hi, After recently installing Virtual PC on my iBook, primarily for Access (for work). I was struck by how much clearer the default font is in files exported from Access to Excel:mac. The iBook screen leaves a lot to be desired and MS Sans Serif is so much clearer than Verdana or Arial. ....But..it's not in my font list. Anyone any ideas on how I can get it. If an imported file uses it can't I make it available to new workbooks? Also, anyone know a quick way of applying a rounding (to nearest 25) to a large range? For a column or two I'd just use MROUND(range,25) in the adja...

Making font to be in small size
Could someone help me how to make sure that text entered in a column will be without capital characters (only small letters) Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm You may also try to use the following: - select the cell (e.g. cell C1) - goto 'Data - Validation' and choose custom - enter the following formula: =EXACT(C1,LOWER(C1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ruslan" <Ruslan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3F2AFD63-423F-4166-B0E1-1530ADFA3113@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me how to make sure that text entered ...

How do I remove ALL hyperlinks from a large worksheet?
I use large spreadsheets that often contain hundreds of hyperlinks (e-mail addresses). I know how to remove hyperlinks "globally" but not in Excel. Is there a way?? Hi In 2002/2003 you can turn it of Tools > Options > Spelling Press "AutoCorrect Options" Button AutoFormat As You Type Tab Remove Check from "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" OK OK If you have fill in a address and Enter to confirm you can use Ctrl-Z to make it text. Or start with a ' You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks in your worksheet Sub test() ...

can I make a chart with large amount of information?
I have two columns of information 'Customer' and 'busy hour' I have over 200 entries for each column and want to put the information into a chart, can this be done? Thank you in advance Going only from what you say, yes it would be possible. However, you may get so many items in the axis label to make it unreadable. You will need to format the axis. To do this - Click anywhere on the label Click on <Format axis> Click on <Scale> Amend the value in <Number of categories between tick mark labels> Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solut...

Mail sent using MailMessage class displays "TO" and "CC" recepients in the message body when sent to large number of recepients
I'm using System.Web.Mail to send an email message from an ASP.NET web page. This is the main section of the C# code. //************* start code ***************************** string[] mailHost = (System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings.GetValues("mailserver")); //Get data from page string toAddress = ((tbTo.Text==null)||(tbTo.Text.Equals(String.Empty)))?String.Empty:tbTo.Text.Trim(); string ccAddress = ((tbCC.Text==null)||(tbCC.Text.Equals(String.Empty)))?String.Empty:tbCC.Text.Trim(); string subjectLine = ((tbSubject.Text==null)||(tbSubject.Text.Equals(String.Em...

large database file size after new table addition
I have added a table to my database that is causing the database size to grow tremendously. There are a total of 807,000 records of zip codes along with corresponding latitude, longitude, city and state names. I have set Unicode Compression to YES by all text fields. What other settings or actions will help reduce database file size? On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:51:00 -0800, Susan wrote: > I have added a table to my database that is causing the database size to grow > tremendously. There are a total of 807,000 records of zip codes along with > corresponding latitude, longitude, ci...

Special Effects Fonts
Is there a way to create special effect fonts in Publisher 2002? I have pictures that I like to superimpose a halo effect font or glowing fonts onto the pictures. How can I do this? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C3DFFE.94314510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Publisher does not have those options. If you need and use those type of options a lot, Serif PagePlus 9.0 has = all those options and more with a great range of options covered in FX = (Filter Effects), Instan...

message tracking logs in Exchange 2000 grow very large
Hello all, I have an issue with our email server (Exchange 2000) in which every once in awhile the message tracking logs folder will grow extremely large. By this I mean, it can get up to 5 or 6 gigs for 1 day then the next day drop to about 200 kb! What would cause this? I am current with service packs as well as post-sp's. This looks like a looped message, but I am not sure of this. Has anyone else encountered this and, if so, what did you do to correct the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Greg On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:31:08 -0800, "Greg" <Greg...

Fonts not printing correctly
I recently switched printers. I had a lexmark printer and switched to the 1185 All In One. Ever since then when I print in Publisher using text boxes the fonts print out as boxes. If I switch it to Word Art I am fine...they print ok. I contacted Lexmark and they told me to switch my spool settings to EMF or RAW. Neither one helped. Now they say it is a software problem. Is it? And how can I correct this? It certainly isn't a software problem. Could be your driver is giving wrong information, might uninstall it and reinstall. It is always better to completely remove a printer driver...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

Changing the font of text in a check box
How do I change the font properties in a check box? I would like to have the font bold and a different color. Thanks Irie! Right click the CheckBox, choose properties. Iriemon;575152 Wrote: > How do I change the font properties in a check box? > > I would like to have the font bold and a different color. > > Thanks > > Irie! -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.the...

Changing Font on a Dynamically Created CButton
Hello, I have an application that needs to populate a dialog with a variable number of CButton-derived objects at run-time. All aspects of the approach are working, except that I cannot change the font on the button. The objects' actual class is a CColorButton class (owner-drawn button to change colors) derived from CButton. I am developing a dialog-based application in Visual C++ in VS 2005, under WinXP Pro. I have tried changing it on member variables, as well as using GetDlgItem( ) to no avail. Thanks to anyone who can explain this and/or suggest a work-around. - eep! "...

Change Font on Character Count
I have a form from the CBOE. The form is used to give responses by students, but has limited space. This worked in Acces 2.0 and Access 97, now it is no longer working! I count the total number of characters on a page. If the count is in certain ranges then I set the font accordingly. Current Code Dim rprt as Report Set rprt = Me With rprt If Me!TextA > 1400 then .fontsize = 13 End If If Me!TextA > 2100 then .fontsize = 12 End I...

Outlook 2002 SP3 sends reply email using wingding fonts
I recently purchased a HP Pocket PC that apparently has to use Outlook to sync with it's contacts since it came on the companion CD. Since installing Outlook, all of my reply email fonts, including the original message, change to wingdings font. How can I fix this? Also, my Pocket PC uses MS Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Do I have to use Outlook to sync contacts? I prefer Outlook Express. Thanks davidoncoast <davidoncoast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Also, my Pocket PC uses MS Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Do I > have to use Outlook to sync contacts? ...

Windows Mail Font color
Can you set a default font color for mail messages? I use Black background and silver fonts. But it takes color scheme from WIndows general color scheme set in right-click on empty desktop-->Appearance-->winwo color/apperanaces or somethign to that effect. It's not an answer, it's a comment. Wait for a real answer, and also post your question to WinMAIL Group. "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:CFC53D35-825C-4C5E-B5FA-E784A2AD8BC8@microsoft.com... > Can you set a default font color for mail messages? If you don'...

Calendar font problem
I have been trying to set up a new year's calendar using Microsoft Publisher's Calendar Wizard, but have run into a problem. I want to use font size 14 for the dates in each date checker board square, but I want to type in some text in font size 6. This hasn't worked like I think it should. I can type in the information with the chosen type and font size, and all looks well, but when I save that page and go on to the next one somethign gets scrambled. When I come back to the original page some of the date font size will have been changed to font size 6 and some of the text font siz...

Looking for STOMP fonts
Before installing Publisher 2002, the office had a collection of STOMP fonts. Now, we don't have them. Where can I find them? Was using Publisher 2000 (with Office 2000 Pro.). -- Sincerely, Barry Brindisi Web: http://www.shorevineyard.com http://www.bethberakah.com What's a STOMP font? Is there a TIPPYTOE font as well? ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Barry" <nbbrindisi@nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message news:6B1A8CB4-E6BB-4F10-BD5F-6E879BF40573@microsoft.com... > Before installing Publisher 2002, the office had a collection o...

Large file size #2
I have a worksheet in excel which has 11 columns and 15 rows. If I hightlight the columns and rows and paste this worksheet into a new spreadsheet(values only) the size of the file is 1.6 meg. This spreadsheet has some visual basic code and some macros which someone other than I wrote. Everytime the macro runs the file size increases, yet I cannot determine how to decrease the size of the file. I think that the one thing that's easy to fix that makes the filesize smaller is resetting the lastused cell on each worksheet. Debra Dalgleish has some notes and pictures at: http://www...

Font Formats
When I type a particular word (MERLIN) into a cell in uppercase, it reverts to lower case (Merlin). Why, and how do I stop it? On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:21:06 -0800, "Enti" <coline@palletline.co.uk> wrote: >When I type a particular word (MERLIN) into a cell in uppercase, it reverts to lower case (Merlin). Why, and how do I stop it? Take a look in Tools -> AutoCorrect. Chances are that there's an entry for the word MERLIN which converts it to proper case. Jsst delete that entry. --------------------------------------------------------- Hank Scorpio scorpionet who hate...

Font not available in 2007
I recently received a new computer w/ Windows 7 and Office 2007. I was using a 2003 word document with Olive Oil font. When I open this document w/v.2007 the document is filled with wing dings. If I try to change the font to something basic like Ariel it changes everything to square boxes. Is there a way to convert this or load the old font? Thanks, When you open the document in 2007, save the file as a .docx file, close it, when you open that file check if your fonts are showing correctly. If that doesn't work check if you can download the font somewhere else. Not su...

How can I run an XPath on a very large file?
My program runs out of memory when I do this: string filename = @"large.xml"; XPathDocument doc = new XPathDocument(filename); XPathNavigator nav = doc.CreateNavigator(); XPathNodeIterator iterator = nav.Select("//items/item"); while (iterator.MoveNext()) { .... } I get the same behaviour with other XPathDocument constructors too. Can anyone advise how to do an XPath on an XML stream rather than a document? JerryShea wrote: > My program runs out of memory when I do this: > > string filename = @"large.xml"; > XPathDocument doc = new XPathDoc...

Fast way to re-assign large list of leads?
Hello; We have a list of leads from a marketing list (about 1,200) that got imported and assigned to the wrong user. Is there any fast way to assign all 1,200 of those leads to a different CRM user? I've been trying to go through 100 at a time, but it's taking forever :( Sincerely, Todd M. Taylor Only way is to write your own app using the SDK. I'd suggest keep doing 100 at time,...thats just 12 times! You'll spend far more time writing that app (unless you have significant experience with the CRM SDK) -Gary "Todd M. Taylor" <flygtiguy@NOSPAMhotmail.c...

Error message: no new fonts
I have created a workbook which tracks lab data for a number of facilities. Sheet 1 holds all of my data, and Sheet 2 produces a report for each facility. The report for each facility is one page in length and contains a table of the data, plus two charts. There are about 300 facilities that I have strung together on this worksheet. However, when I go to edit any of the data or charts, I receive a message, "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook". My only option is to select "OK". When I select "OK", the box continues to pop back up until t...

Change Font
I'm a SharePoint user. Sometimes when I post data into a SharePoint list field, the text appears in a format that differs from the rest of the data on the page. Sometimes it stays in the source format and sometimes it changes to another font that does not match the other cells on the page. How do I change the field fonts in SharePoint? I can find no command for this. The only place I'm aware of where fonts matter in SP fields are in the so-called "multiple line of text" type of field. There you are allowed to define fonts as it's sort of like a mini-w...