CComboBox #8

Hello all:

   I have a combo box that when I set the text for the edit box it searches
the list for a line equalling or beginning with the text I set and places it
in the combo box with a blue selection mark.  If the user presses a second
key the text is then erased and replaced with the one character.  I don't
want this behavior, I want for the user's text to be what is in the edit box
unless they select text from the drop down list box.  How can I accomplisth
this?

Thank you,
Dan
0
Uranium235 (28)
8/19/2004 7:15:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Calculation Problem #8
I'm trying to create a worksheet that will perform a series or calculation on an imported txt file. The txt file varies in size, so how do i create the calculations to take this into account. I tried selecting the whole column, but this distorts my calculations. As i'm trying to calculate the percentage of data that is between 2 points. ...

Explorer 8
Does anyone know how to remove IE 8, if theres no remove button. momagain9, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. Your question would best be asked in a newsgroup that deals with Internet Explorer. Did you try a Google on... how to remove internet explorer 8 I'm of the opinion that IE is so insinuated into the operating system (whatever that might be) that's it's best just to leave IE installed, and add any other browser you might want. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007...

IE 8 will not activate "some" links?
New machine with off the shelf Win Pro 7-64 and IE 8-32. Have let Win7 and IE 8 update themselves. IE 8 has been working fine 'till about three weeks ago. Problem; Will not activate "some" links on web pages. On this site I could NOT activate the "new question" and am posting this from another machine nor could I reply to a message. ( and yes I was signed in ,yes I allowed pop-ups) I was unable to open several links on a Microsoft page but I could open others. Sometimes when I try to "activate" a link I get a message in the lower left of the wi...

minor problem with explorer 8.
I recently installed explorer 8. I personally use explorer all these years and besides of some frequent crashes, I have no other problem with it. But I figured out something in the new explorer that can change in my opinion. In the old explorer you couldnt delete a link from your adress bar. With the new one there is the "x" button and by pressing it you can instantly delete any link from the adress bar. I think that is something that the browser needed to have but theres a minor problem with it. I cant post a screen to show you exactly but I hope you understand me. So he...

How to save an 8-bit grayscale JPEG image?
Hi, I have a problem with saving JPEG images in 8-bit indexed pixel format. When I save a bitmap in any other format (gif, tiff, png, bmp) everything works ok, but for some reason it doesn't work on JPEGs... This is the code I use for saving bitmaps: MemoryStream mss = new MemoryStream(); FileStream fs = new FileStream(filepath, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.ReadWrite); if (format == ImageFormat.Jpeg) { ImageCodecInfo[] codecs = ImageCodecInfo.GetImageEncoders(); ImageCodecInfo ici = null; foreach (I...

Code for 7.5 and 8.0
Is it possible in only one dictionary to add menus for both 7.5 and 8.0? Hi Cesar I answered this is your previous post. I suppose it is possible to include both navigation methods, but you would need to identify the version before registering your triggers etc. However, this is really not recommended. You should be building your customisations based on the Dynamics.dic from the same version and build as being used in your live system and you should be using the same Dexterity version and build as the runtime version in your live system. If you have a global constant with your ver...

=?UTF-8?B?77y377yo77yv77ys77yl77yz77yh77ys77ylIGFuZCDvvKTvvLLvvK/vvLDvvLPvvKg=?= =?UTF-8?B?77yp77yw77yw77yp77yu77ynIG1vdmllcyzvvKTvvLbvvKQsdmlkZW8sb25saW5lIHN0b3JlIO+8tw==?= =?UTF-8?B?77y377y3Lu+8pO+8
Hello, We will offer you the latest DVD information about various discount and wholesale sources. You will not only save time and effort but you can also save anything up to 90% off retail price, thus increasing your profit margins by buying at extremely low wholesale prices. Welcome to visit our website ! One order more than 1000 discs,you will get !FREE SHIPPING! Pls be free to contact with us by email msn livehelp or Skype Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks and have a great day! ...

Hyperlink Problem #8
Hi I have posted this question in the Excel area but have not recieved any replies, maybe someone here can help. I run Win200 with Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that is protected. Some of the cells are not locked so that information can be entered into them. When I copy a hyperlink from an external program and paste it into the unprotected cell it works fine. The problem I have is that if I decide to delete this hyperlink then I get an error message telling me that the cell is protected and that I have to remove the protection to allow me to delete the cell. If I remove the prote...

COUNTIF Function #8
I would like to look at one column (range1) in excel and if the word "internal" appears, I would like to then look to the next column (range2) and count the total number of times the value is between 6 and 10... Internal 8 Internal 2 External 7 So in this data set, I would like my result to be equal to 1. Both internal and between 6 and 10. I can do them separately but cannot figure out how to combine the 2 formulas... =COUNTIF(range1, "internal") =COUNTIF(range2,"<=10")-COUNTIF(range2,"<6") Any help is greatly appreciated. One...

RMS 1.2 & GP 8.0 Sales Integration
I have assigned GL Accounts in Hq assign accounts module when i run MS Integration Utility , import sales transactions to GP 8.0 GL it gives me result with batch : debit and credit amounts do not balance Shahzad, You have a debit account # without a offsetting credit account # or visa versa. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Ret...

=?Utf-8?Q?From_excell_to_XM=C3=96?=
Hi, I have never worked with xml files (in .net C#).. How can I read an excell file to XML file??? I do not want to read all the columns. Thank your for your help. -- LZ one way to do this: use Excel as a ADO.NET provider, and save the dataset to an XML format. here's an example that queries Excel. You will have to add the one line of code to save the DataSet to an XML stream: http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/srcview.aspx?dir=data&file=excel-adonet.cs -Dino -- -Dino D i n o . C h i e s a AT M i c r o s o f t . c o m "Lamis" <Lamis@discussions.microsoft.com...

Are M2007/8 fussier about OFX?
As the author of MT2OFX I have been getting a lot of reports lately that the OFX files it produces are being rejected by M2007 and M2008 aka Plus, even though to my "semi-trained" eye they are compliant with both the spirit and the letter of the OFX standards and are certainly passed without complaint by the Microsoft OFX checking tool. The same files are accepted without question by M2006 or earlier. The message we see is: "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If this problem continues, contact ...

CComboBox disappears(or might be getting repositioned) when the toolbar is dragged to the left side of the window
Hello All, I have a strange issue with a CComboBox on a CToolbar object. I will try to describe it as clearly as possible and please let me know if I am not clear enough. I can try to elaborate. I have a CToolbar object on which I have about 4 buttons and two combo boxes. They are arranged as follows on the toolbar. ( I will be using the follwoing terminology to indicate the positions of each control on the toolbar - "B" - Button, "C" - ComboBox and "|" - Separator ) B1C1B2|B3C2 Now, what I did was to programmatically hide some buttons. Let's say I hide b...

Duplicate e-mails #8
I receive 2 copies of every e-mail sent to me on outlook. How can I limit receipt to one copy only? One thing I can think of is that you have a rule checked that has been created that makes copies of emails sent to you. (Because I know you can create rules that do that). To test and see if it is a rule doing it, click Tools/Rules Wizard and uncheck every single box. Then send yourself a test message and see if that fixes the problem. If so, you have a rule setup that is making a copy of messages you receive and you'll just have to find which rule it is. If that doesn't fix i...

question #8
I have this sheet. All data is input through an userform. I now need to make sure that data is not input twice... I mean... it can be input twice but I need to send a warning to the operator and I need both identical lines to be shown (in an userform?) with the choice to a. accept the input b. delete one of the 2 entries to avoid problems I would like to know if it is possible to format the cells in the sheet so that no matter what the operator writes the caracters are always capital.... I hope I make any sense.... thanks A better subject line will get more answers but YES, you may ...

excel printing #8
how can I print pictures in excel sheet properly as it is getting printed thrice whereas it shows once in the print preview. I've never seen xl do this--but I don't print too many pictures using xl. But after verifying that the pictures are indeed correct (there aren't triplicates), I'd look at the printer driver. Do you have another printer you can try? If it works on that other printer, I'd visit the printer's web site and look for a new (or fresher) copy of the driver. (But this is just something to try!) yong wrote: > > how can I print > pictures in...

upgrading from 8.0 to 9.0
I'm using Canadian Payroll. GP Utility stuck on updating table CDN Payroll ROE Issued Master.... The lines showed on detail window Product ID Table Name 7,131 P:CPY_SETP_ROE_NEW 7,131 P:CPY_SETP_ROE_NEW (9.00.0281) Can anyone help? I had this problem before but was able to resolve it. I dont know if we have the same case though but you can try. - Make sure that there is no one using Dynamics -Make sure that there are no services running that are using or "looking/writing" into Dynamics company databases. - Remove all SQL subscriptions on...

how to generate xml schema with UTF-8 instead of UTF-16
Hi, I am writing code with C# to generate xml schema, however, the following code generate a UTF-16 in the first line. This will create some problems. How can get the code/missing what part of the code in C# to generate a first line with UTF-8 instead of UTF-16? Thanks, public XmlSchema CreateSchemaRoot() { schema.ElementFormDefault = XmlSchemaForm.None; schema.AttributeFormDefault = XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified; schema.Version = "1.0"; XmlSerializerNamespaces ns = new XmlSerializerNamespaces(); ns.Add("xsd", schemaNS); schema.Namespaces = ns; return schema; } comic_ra...

Backup #8
There appears to be lots of backup programs for outlook and favorites.....does anyone have a favorite prorgram or could suggest a program for outlook and favorites.....or, do most people use the Microsoft suggested instruction backup procedure...it seems to be rather cumbersome and time consuming...perhaps I am wrong though....thanks..Gary The MS OL backup addin is fine, and free. There are numerous backup apps available from shareware sites, for other data "Gary Boyer" <gboyer@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:Csg6d.24077$uk1.5415@fe2.columbus.rr.com... > Ther...

recipient policy #8
Exchange 2003 sp2 - one org - two administrative groups. we have a recipient policy created with xxx.com set as the primary. No problems with any mail being sent. On the first admin group another site/server was added - now this server resides in canada and the admin there wants to keep everything seperate from my US site but he resides in my administrative group. He set a recipient policy that contained the xxx.com but set his ABC.com as the primary. I argued with him that he did not need the xxx.com since it was already there, but he did it anyway because he figured he will be s...

=?Utf-8?Q?Excel_Hatas=C4=B1?=
Excel de hazırlamış olduğum dosyayı açarken Çok fazla farklı hücre biçimi hatası veriyor. Bu sorunu aşmanın bir yolu var mı Dosya yapı itibariyle 20 sheetten oluşan büyük bir dosya İlginiz için teşekkür ederim Cihan ...

Signatures #8
In the previous versions of Outlook I could set up several signatures (name, address, phone,etc.)and then insert the one I wanted depended on who I was sending the email to. In Outlook (Office XP)that option no longer exists. Or am I missing something? I am really disappointed that this option was removed from the new version. Is there a way to do this without having to type the signature each time. Thanks That option is still there, click on Tools, Mail Format and then at the bottom of the page it says signatures just click and add as many as you like. HTH Gavin... "Elaine&q...

Error 451 4.1.8
Recently our domain hosting was changed and was never relayed to the IT Dept. The person who set up the Exchange server is not available. Now we have a problem with some emails in queue only to one address. Also some people cannot send emails to us, they are rejected. I tried to get the company who hosted our domain to tell me the MX records but no help from them. My new MX record is mail.greenford.com and 199.72.155.18. The error is <armphotos@phh.com> 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address moliver@greenford.com does not resolve. Any help would be great, I am not an exchange guru....

Using CComboBox embedded in CToolBar
Hi, I've derived a class from CToolBar and overridden OnCreate to replace 2 placeholder buttons with 2 combo boxes. The two combo boxes are also derived from CComboBox, and populate themselves with appropriate strings. My problem is that I'm not sure of how to inform my application when the user has selected a new item in one of the combo boxes. I've added a handler for the CBN_SELCHANGE message to the CComboBox, but I don't know what to put in it. What is the best way to forward the message to the mainframe? Also, when I replace the placeholder buttons, can I reuse their ...

Help please #8
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C6D1D3.B9AB1720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this error message. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Control=20 Event ID: 8231 Date: 9/6/2006 Time: 4:39:10 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=3DSystem = Policies,CN=3DDOMAIN,CN=3DMicrosoft = Exchange,CN=3DServices,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3DDOMAIN,DC=3Dcom':'MAD.EXE'= ,...