CClientSocket::ConnectSocket() Timeout period

I'm using CClientSocket::ConnectSocket(), and I wonder if and how I could
shorten the timeout ???

Thanks,
Tom Salicos

0
Tom
10/21/2004 7:26:59 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Depends one who wrote the CClientSocket class (that is not a MFC class!!!)
Who is class is it??

AliR.

"Tom S. Lee" <tsalicos_AT_drykilns.net> wrote in message
> I'm using CClientSocket::ConnectSocket(), and I wonder if and how I could
> shorten the timeout ???
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Salicos

0
AliR (179)

120 day evaluation period expires
We had a corrupted exchange 4.0 database. Since we were planning to puchase a new Win2003 server with exchange 2003, I decided to install the exchange 5.5 evaluation cd from technet. I figured that this would update the exchange 4.0 database to the "somewhat compatible" structure of 2003. We have had problems getting the AD installed due to incompatibilities with NT4.0 etc. The evaluation period will expire in 25 days. Is there any way to continue the evaluation until the migration to 2003 is completed? If I purchase the media for exchange 5.5 can the CD key be used to...

voiding checks and fiscal periods closed
Hello: I know that if the fiscal period of March is closed in the Fiscal Periods Setup window that payables checks cannot be voided for March. Now, if a payables person cannot void checks in April and the fiscal period of April is not closed, could that be because the invoice that the check is being applied to is dated in March. That would make sense based on how payables would throw the check back into open. But, I just wanted to check with you all. Thanks! childofthe1980s You are correct. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I know ...

How is Return for Period calculated?
I am using Money 2003 and I did a Performance by Investment Account report for 2004. For most of stocks the Return for Period column is the Realized Gain/Loss + the Gain/Loss of your current holdings. However for some stocks the numbers don't seem to add up. For instance the realized gain is $400, gain of what I currently have invested is $500, and the return is reported as about $100. Could someone explain to me how this is calculated or if it's a bug. Thanks! Jon ...

KB 872364 How to Create Additional Fiscal Period for Adjusting Ent
Has anybody tried following KB Article 872364, How To Create Additional Fiscal Period for Adjusting Entries?? I've tried this in a test company that does NOT use Fixed Assets, and after creating the 14 periods, I did NOT reconcile, but my Dec 31 entries are still showing up as Period 13, not Period 14. (Period 13 was closed when I posted, only Period 14 was open.) Don't know if I'm doing something out of order. Thanks. Hi Yuen I am on GP ver 10 sp 3 and I kinda used that KB article to test it all and this is what I found. I was able to drive my entries into my prd ...

runtime error 91 timeout
When processing transactions in Store Operations POS, we are getting a runtime error 91 - timeout message - happens sporadically. It shuts down Store Ops POS and loses the transaction. Has anyone seen this before? Sounds kind of like the connection to the database is timing out...maybe?? Is your database on the same machine, or is it on another machine? Anything common about the times when it has occurred? eg the computer been on standby then woken up, or it had been sitting idle for a long time...anything you can think of... "Greg Williams" wrote: > When processing...

Outlook 2003 POP3 timeout
Outlook 2003 will timeout when connecting to some of my POP3 accounts. It's not a connection issue as other mail clients don't seem to exhibit this behavior. Often times the first one or two POP3 accounts will send/receive fine, then the remaining get hung up and eventually time out. Hitting send/receive again typically works. This is really frustrating. It's not always with the same POP3 account. Is there any solution to this? Also, is there a way to change the timeout to something shorter (like 5 seconds), so I don't have to manually cancel the action? Brian ...

Calendar 13 Periods 4 weeks each
I want to find a business calendar that is made up of 13 periods, each 4 weeks long. It can be in any Microsoft program. I would prefer a program that has a flexible start date so that you can enter the first date and it will calculate the rest of the calendar. Since this calendar has 364 days it gradually drifts away from a normal start date of Jan 1. Businesses therefore make periodic adjustments to the start date to bring it back in line with the normal Jan 1. A table of dates is simple, but how do you want the calendar to look (how many rows, columns, which are days, periods, etc.),...

Due Date grace period
It will be great to have the option to change the Due Date grace period in RM20101. The DUEGRPER is in RM10301 but not in RM20101. Also, it will be beneficial to be able to exclude some documents from being assessed finance charges. Aside from entering a range of Customer in the Assess Finance Charge window, having a range for documents will be a great option... maybe something like in the Write Off documents window where the documents can be previewed and unchecked for some docs. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with t...

Crystal Reports 9 Timeout 04-28-06
I have read all of the posts related to Crystal timing out or hanging when reports are run against large datasets, but there doesn't seem to be any real solutions out there for CRM 1.2. I have a client that adds about 100,000 new opportunities a quarter and upper management needs to be able to run some reports that show all of the opportunities in nice little bar charts. Aside from the max db results trick, is there anything that can be done for a 1.2 installation? As an aside....it seems there a huge number of posts dealing with problems for Reporting Services. Is reporting really better...

Outlook Web Access Timeout Problem
Is anyone aware of the OWA timeout not working as documented? As I understand, if you select 'Private Computer' the timeout is 24 hours and this seems to be the case when I personally test it. I have an irate user who states that he has lost important info twice because even though he picked 'Private' -- it times him out. Is there a product on his home computer that could be interferring? I have had other users tell me they have had this problem as well. Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated. We have Exchange 2003 - SP1. I know I can alter the behaviour, but I...

How to average values based on time period
I have a table with several columns: two of which are labeled Date and Value. I want to extract the average from the Value column based on a date criteria. For example, what is the average value for the last week? For the last month? For the last year? Can I do this with DAVG and, if so, what should the criteria be? If not, is there a formula I can use to get this done? You can use array formulas** like these. For the week, use cells to hold to the dates for the week: A1 = start date B1 = end date D1:D10 = dates E1:E10 = values to average *All* of these formulas ne...

store.exe crashes periodically EventID 9672
Please Help. I have Exchange 2003 SP 2 Organization Windows 2003 SP 1. Process "store.exe" periodically crashes with the following event: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9672 Date: 2/6/2006 Time: 8:44:55 AM User: N/A Computer: SRV-V40MAIL Description: A stack exception was thrown in module C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll; some parameters and their values were <Exception address - 0>. A significant section of the call stack is in the data section. Restart Information Store could not help - store crashes again immediatly ...

OWA Timeout Feature
I was wondering if it would be possible to change the exchange email system so that the email you are in the process of writing does not get completely erased when the system time out for safety reasons. There have been a number of times where I have finished a pretty long email, tried to send it, been told to log on again because the email system timed out and then that email that I had just finished is completley erased. this is extremely frustrating for me. Would it be possible for composed emails to be put into the drafts folder, or saved somehow when the system times out, or for th...

OWA timeout #4
Hello, Is there a way to increase the time that OWA 5.5 waits for an answer from Exchange 5.5? Thanks On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 06:49:09 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >Is there a way to increase the time that OWA 5.5 waits for an answer from >Exchange 5.5? > >Thanks Is there a specific issue you are trying to solve? yes, multiple exchange 5.5 sites, some of them over slow vpn. "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 06:49:09 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote: > > >Hello, > >Is ther...

SQL Server Drops connection after long timeout with replication partner
Hello, I have both SQL server 2005 that have replication set-up between eachother. It seems that when my site-to-site VPN drops for a medium period (such as 1hr, 2hr) bothe servers no longer respond to client connections. Restarting the "SQL server Browser" service on both machines instantly resolves the problem. Extra info: Both servers reside in their own site with in each site 2DC (1 GC per site + 1 DC) Is there a way of solving this issue ? -- Guillaume Coign´┐Ż MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA Messaging Cafe.be Marksesteenweg 35 8500 Kortrijk Mob: +32 (0) 496162...

Business Portal 2.5, Project Time, Timeout
My users are entering time in their timesheets and the form times out after about 20 minutes. Where is a setting to extend this value? Error messages... ************************************************************ Your session has expired. ************************************************************ Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To resubmit your information and view this Web page,...

FRX Fiscal periods---PLEASE HELP!!!
I just started using FRX 6.5 and am having trouble getting the fiscal periods to work. I want an income statement with current period 2005 but my YTD needs to be June 2005 through May 2006. Can someone give me some direction on how to complete this. The manual shows no example of different time periods for YTD. Thanks for any help!! Barb Thanks for the info. I was just wondering if that is the only way to change that because we have different locations for our one company that has different fiscal periods. Will this be a problem??? thanks "Charles Allen" wrote: >...

User Periodically Disappears from Distribution List
I've had this happen twice now to the same user. I have a Security group setup with an exchange address attached. I use this for granting security while adding them to a general Distribution list for ease. Well occasionaly one user simply disappears from the list and is not shown and does not recieve Email's sent via that distribution list. To fix it so far, The only thing i've done is switch the primary group of the user and he reappears in the group. If I try to add him to the list via Outlook address book, which I am the owner of, it says I cannot add. Any Ideas on th...

Easier way to pull Period Balances in originating currency?
Each month I have to find out the period balances of the balance sheet accounts in originating currency. I do this through GL Inquiry and it takes a lot of time. I cannot figure out a way to pull this information through Smart List. How do I access the " average exchange rate" field that shows up in the Multicurrency Summary Inquiry screen. Note: what I usually do is inquire on the GL account, click on the month I am interested in, click the currency button, then hit the period balance radio button on the next screen. There must be a better way to do this repetitive process....

Parse text field based on spaces or commas or periods
Is there a way to parse a text field of different lengths at the places where there is a space or comma or period? Thanks! Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E6ADC9F9-B62F-4FF6-98D3-19EA899926BD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to parse a text field of different lengths at the places where > there is a space or comma or period? Thanks! ...

Comparing data from 2 monthly periods in 1 chart
I am trying to compare 7 coloumns of data (Housing Advice Stats) from May to Oct 06 to the same set of data taken in May to Oct 07. Ideally I'd like to lay one over the top of the other so I can see the differences from one year to the next ie, have 2006 as a column chart and 2007 as a line chart. Any ideas how I do this? So far the only charts I have created have been a mess! Thanks. Assuming you have true dates as the X data, you could put the data into different tables by year, and normalize the dates by subtracting December 31 of the prior year from all dates. Or you cou...

Calc % change by periods
Is there a way to incorporate a calcualted field in a pivot table report that will find the % change in, say, sales or units from period to period? My pivot looks like this: sales units 2003 2004 2005 2003 2004 2005 I would like to add an additional sales and units metric for the period 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 for each. I am not sure if I have to create a Calculate Item for each period I would like to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Mailsettings registry key does not exist, period.
I have referenced KB article Q319820 which says to add a dword value to the following path: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\MailSettings The problem is THE KEY DOES NOT EXIST. I've looked on 20 different PC's in this office and it is not there. I've double checked 10 of those PC's. What do I do now? I need to have this working correctly. ...

Replace a comma with a period in a cell containing a lastname, first name, middle i
Hello - I am trying to clean some data and need to change all of my names from McLaughlin, Victor, (i.e, comma) W to McLaughlin, Victor.(i.e., period) W Is there an extract and replace formula or method of som sort (in excel or access) that will allow me to pull the first comma from the right and replace it with a period. Thanks for any suggestions! Select the cells you want to change and run this tiny macro: Sub comma_tose() For Each r In Selection v = StrReverse(r.Value) r.Value = StrReverse(Replace(v, ",", ".", 1, 1)) Next End Sub For example: a,b,c,d wi...

SMTP Server
Dumb question, but how does one increase the timeout for the Outlook SMTP server? It's easy in Pegasus, for instance, because one can actually set the timeout for each identity within the program. Appreciate any help. TIA russel-rstevenageatyahoodotcom Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) Thanks russel neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > What version of Outlook are you using? (See help | about ms outlook) > > "NoSpam" <noSpam@all.pl> wrote in message > news:OOUxgYhYDHA.3248@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > >>Dumb question, but how does one increa...