CCheckListBox passing messages?

Hey!

I have this CDialog in which I have a CCheckListBox. I wish to add buttons
to the listbox so I create CButtons using the listbox as a parent. Everyting
is just fine until I wish to capture the BN_CLICKED event from the buttons.
It seems that the message doesn't get passed on from the listbox. How do I
solve this?

Thanks /Marcus

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Marcus Seyffarth" <marcus@ettsexett.com> wrote in message
> Hey!
>
> I have this CDialog in which I have a CCheckListBox. I wish to add buttons
> to the listbox so I create CButtons using the listbox as a parent.
Everyting
> is just fine until I wish to capture the BN_CLICKED event from the
buttons.
> It seems that the message doesn't get passed on from the listbox. How do I
> solve this?

I think you're going to have to subclass the CCheckListBox in any case, and
either handle the notifications locally or see if it makes sense to forward
them to the parent.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)

Japanese chars not visible in Outlook new message posted thru mailto:
-- I am able to save japanese text into HTML(saved as unicode file) and open it in IE and view the jap chars. -- I am able to open outlook new message and copy japanese chars into the subject as well as body. BUT, I am unable to give the subject line as Japanese text when using javascript/html tag - mailto:... It opens new message with Boxes or question marks. Any help? << EXAMPLE HTML>> <html> <head> <Title>Japanese Test Page </Title> <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DSHIFT_JIS" /> </head> &l...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

new message window (Microsoft Word) opens 1/2 way!
When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. There have been a few times that the window will open up all the way but not sure if there is either a regestry setting or local setting that would control this feature??? Thanks! On hands and knees, Paul crawls to SilverRaven and begs: >When we go to compose a new message in Outlook 20000, the >window only opens up 1/2 way and we have to maximize it. >There have been a few times that the window will open up >all the way but not sure if there is either a re...

Syntax for "OR" in WHERE clause passing parameters from C# ASP.NET
Hello Community I am passing parameters SQL Server from an C# ASP.NET app. When creating the query I have need to use an “or” operator after the Where clause when comparing values. Does anyone know the syntax for this type of thing? Below is the code: public DataSet getCustomer(string Addr, int PhoneNo) { string strSQL = " select distinct a.firstname + ' ' + a.lastname as Name"; strSQL += " from table1 a Join Table2 b "; strSQL += " on a.id = b.id "; ...

Delegate marks messages as read
Hello everybody, I have the following problem: I configured an Exchange 2003 mailbox on Outlook 2003. On another client I configured (alway on Outlook 2003) a delegate who reads his mailbox and my mailbox. The problem is that when he reads my messages he marks them as read, and unfortunatly this messages are displayed as read on my outlook too. As a result I cannot distinguish which messages are new to me. Is there a way to avoid it? Thanks ...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Automatic message language definition in international environment
How can I strictly define language for replies in Outlook 2002 with Microsoft Word message editor? Definition of Word/Outlook are not strictly followed. Problem background: We operate Outlook 2002 in international environment and users obtain messages from various countries and some messages go through several countries. A lot of countries have alternate national language defined together with English language in Windows Regional settings. The problem is that when you forward/reply to a message, sometimes Outlook use the local language for new text, sometimes use English. There is no ...

Reply/New Message
Hello All - Using Outlook 2003 SP2 I have 3 accounts: Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default) Acct 2 Pop/Smtp Acct 3 Pop/Smtp When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the sender. But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message screen "this message will be sent via Acct3." I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1. How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and Reply-All??? Any Ideas? Thanks, Shay Shay <shaygonen@gmail.com> wrote: > When...

Messages apparently delivered to wrong users mailbox
I'm stumped on this one. I user received a message that was to another user (a spam message actually) but when I look at the headers on both messages, I can't figure out why it ended up in the non addressed to users mailbox. If it was a BCC or something I would expect the headers to have the address of the mistaken user in there copy somewhere. Message tracking shows that the message was delivered to both recipients, and that it was to both of them too... Can anyone educate me as to what is going on here? Thanks One of the recipients was a BCC. Please do yourself a favor and rea...

Outlook automatically downloading selected messages?
Hi all, I have 3 problems and I think they are all related: 1) I did set up my IMAP and HTML mail accounts to download only the headers of the messages it works, but *if I select a message* (without the Reading Pane open) Outlook downloads the message body and Header status icon next to the message changes in "downloaded". 2) This one looks like a bug but I'm sure it is related to the previous one: I compose a message click on "send" and the message goes to the Outbox, *if I select the message* the icon changes to edit mode and the message cannot be sent ...

Have over 300 messages (and growing) i can't open or delete!
Every time I try to access any message, I get an error message "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." This has happened a few times in the past and I was able to ignore those messages. Now every message knocks me out of the program, some of these messages are about my bills, and I desperately need to be able to open them!! PLEASE HELP if you can. This is my first time to try this newsgroup. Thanks. You didn't say what ver of Outlook you are using. Have you tried using Help / Detect and Repair? If that didn't work, my second thou...

How could a Message box popup in systray with yes/no option
How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . Either use AfxMessageBox, or MessageBox. AliR. "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155732162.797738.229580@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > How can we make a message box pop up from a system tray icon ,on > notification to a specific icon ,with yes and no option on it . > Check this out: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/TaskbarNotifier.asp Tom "gaurav" <gauravnetwork@gmail.com> wrote in message...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...

shutting of message relaying -Selectivly
I had asked once before if there is a way to log or see the address of any server relaying messages off of our exchange server. i was told to look for the SMTP logs in the system32 directory. there are none on my exchange server. Is there another way to see the addresses of servers using my exchange server as a relay? i need to disable relaying on my exchange server for all connections besides some internal servers. The developers can not tell me exactly what servers will need to attach and i can not interupt mail flow to our clients, to find out. What is the best way for me to ge...

Outlook Message Recall Feature
I tried to recall a message, but the feature keeps sending me recall failure messages and will not stop. They are clogging my mailbox and I need to stop it. How can I stop it? ...

12.1.1 connection to update server interrupted (Message)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel The subject message has been repeated every time I have tried to download the update since its release. The server can't still be busy, can it? I've checked my connection settings and everything is fine. This seems to be a different problem than not seeing the Office volume on the hard disk. Any help would be very much appreciated! "znovalis@officeformac.com" wrote: > The subject message has been repeated every time I have tried to download the > update since its release. The server can't st...

edit subject line of outgoing messages
i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). anybody done this before? g On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:55:34 -0600, "George Frederickson" <george@somewhere.com> wrote: >i need to edit the subject line of outgoing messages. i would like to be >able to append, as well as do a search and replace on them (if possible). >anybody done this before? > >g > 3rd party software would be your best bet. IMSS, Tumbleweed etc... If you are using Exchange 2007 you cou...

How do I split a message with an attachment across multiple email.
I want to split a large email across multiple emails because the receiver's email size is only 2MB per email. How do you do this in Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional please? Thank you. You can't in Outlook. You'll need to split it in advance by using a compression tool like WinZip or WinRAR. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "School-Query" <School-Query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FA0D23-F...

Outlook Express message links all dead!
Incoming mail contains blue underlined links. Pointing to them produces the "hand" icon, but clicking does absolutely nothing. Is there a setting I'm missing that prevents activating links? Something else? Hi Greg The article is about an error message and outlook, but maybe it could solve your problem, too! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "GregS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:609101c474f3$4327c010$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Incoming mail contains blue underlined links. ...

OWA not finishing loading messages
I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a miracle in itself, I think :-) ) Today, we have the same problem on all machines inside or outside the LAN. We get the message "Loading..." and no messages show up on the Outlook desktop. If I switch to Calendar, I get "Updating view..." forever If I switch to Contact, I get "loading..." forever. We enabled new virus scanning software: TREND MICRO Office Scan, and wonder if that could be a problem? - Frank Frank Rudolph wrote: > I am using SBS 2003. OWA has been working correctly for days (a &g...

4 attachments in one email gets sent in 4 messages
I attached four files to one message and they were sent as four different email messages. How do I get them to be sent in one message? Outlook 2000 ...

Comment messages are "squashed"
Hello All, I have created a nice spreadsheet (Expense Report) on Excel 2000, with some macros I learned from these newsgroups (thanks to all the gurus...). This spreadsheet will be used in our offices nationwide in Australia. Employees will access this file through our Network Public Folders in Outlook. I have inserted "Comments" in many different cells giving instructions on how to use the file. Some test users have advised me that those messages are illegible, as the Comment Box itself is "squashed" into one thin line. I have also seen on their computer that the lin...

message map in .h file?
Hello, I am having a problem with message maps. I am trying to create re-usable class as just a header file so I can #include it without having to add it to the project. The problem comes when I need to get, for example, OnChar(). It doesn't work without the message map, and DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() and the message map itself bring on many linking errors. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thank you D What kinds of errors did you meet? I think you can do everything in header file.. Just make sure you make pair DECLARE_MEESAGE_MAP() and BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP/END_MESSAGE_MAP() etc... "D...

Junk email folder shows 213 messages but when I click on it ist empty????
So the junk email folder has many messages in it but when I click on it there is nothing there. I know some of those emails are not "junk" and I need to get to them so can someone tell me what changed so I can go through some of these emails. Thanks, Chris Dude <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote: > So the junk email folder has many messages in it but when I click on > it there is nothing there. I know some of those emails are not "junk" > and I need to get to them so can someone tell me what changed so I > can go through some of these emails. Are you using...

"Your message....was read"
I've got a user who claims that every time she sends a message to a particular group of people (about 20), she always gets a read receipt email from somebody it wasn't sent to. I've checked all the recipients mailboxes and i can't find any rules or delegate access that would account for this. I tracked the message on the Exchange server (2000/SP3) and the only thing it shows is that she definitely sent the message and the unintended recipient definitely received it. Based on the tracking info it looks like she intended to send him the message, but looking at the email direct...