CAsyncSocket sends from one computer to the other but not the other way around

I have written a chat server/client combo using delphi.
I am rewriting it in MFC.  I have the server component almost complete along
with a test client, to the point where it is functional.  When I test it on
my dev machine it works almost flawlessly.  However, when I take the server
exe and move it to my other machine that I use for a server it doesn't work.
What happens is the client sends the data but the server never recieves the
data.  The client returns the number of characters sent without an error,
but the onrecieve event is never triggered on the server.  These are two
local machines without software firewalls installed or anything.  If I
reverse the situation everything is fine.  I'm pretty sure its not a
networking thing.

Any ideas what could cause this?

0
machio (3)
6/4/2004 12:47:34 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you test the connection
0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 1:16:12 PM
Ooops.  Hit the send button by accident on that last message.

Are you doing a test in your code to make sure the connection is established properly?

If you wait awhile, or reboot, does it work?

I had a similar situation to this.  Maybe it'll apply in some way.  When I created a client socket and specified the port, subsequent runs wouldn't work right.  The port number is an optional argument, so you can leave it blank and let one get picked for you (for client only).  So if you ran the client on one machine specifying a port and then ran the server on that machine after that specifying the same port, you may get wierd/non-working results.

     Kevin Zielinski
     Z++ Technologies
0
anonymous (74722)

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Computer Projector
Hi. Our local astronomy club acquired a used XP SP3 mini-tower for the clubhouse, only one video port. We have a 15' video cable to hook up a computer projector. Question. What's the best way to hook up the projector? Video cable splitter? A second video card? Replace the video card with a two port unit? Any advice is appreciated...Dennis Dennis Allen wrote: > Hi. Our local astronomy club acquired a used XP SP3 mini-tower for the > clubhouse, only one video port. We have a 15' video cable to hook up a > computer projector. Question. What'...

Copying data from one chart to another

Update one table from another

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Text to columns

Cannot send delivery receipts
I have an Exchange server 2003. While I am able to send non-delivery reports (NDR) and read receipts, I am unable to send delivery receipts. That is not exactly correct. I can send delivery receipts to email addresses from within my domain, if the email orginates from within my domain. When the email originates from outside of my domain, there is no delivery report sent, or at least received. In the Exchange System Manager, under Global Settings, the default properties under the advanced tab for the Internet Message Formats is set to allow delivery reports. In the Internet Mail SMTP Conn...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Can't send from OWA
Hello all, I have an 03 Exchange environment and am using the forms based authentication through an ISA 04 server for my OWA. I have a number of employees that work around the world and use OWA in order to access their e-mail. I have received reports of problems from a few of these individuals when trying to send an e-mail. They are able to successfully login to OWA but when they generate a new mail message, they receive the following error. 'Check Names.. Web Page Dialog Microsoft Outlook Web Access does not recognize "user@domain.com" Do you want to Delete this recipi...

Outlook 2003 wont send email-very weird
Greetings. Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003 Teacher/Student edition) The other day I found out that email I have been sending have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this many times. All the email in my sent box never actually goes anywhere. I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my ISP just fine. I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail I have installed all updates to no avail I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no ava...

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

Event ID 1016 logged for sending an email
I recently emailed a co-worker (at 11:42am). I was then later shown a security log that showed Event ID 1016 was logged at 11:42am saying that I accessed her mailbox. I did no such thing! I've researched the knowledgebase and found some info on this topic, but can anyone tell me how I can definitively clear my name? Has this happened to anyone else - simply sending an email caused 1016 to log? I realize that checking the other person's calendar could also do this, but I don't think I did that either. My job could be on the line. Thanks for any help you can provide. (...

How to remove black frame/background around the icon <1183463901.227455.123960@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com>
Hi, I have created a toolbar using Deskband in Visual Studio 6.0. I have added icons for the buttons but for every icon, I see a black background/frame. Even if I open the icon in MS Paint, I see that black frame. Its like all the icons are sqaure in shape and except for the actual picture everything else is black! I have never worked with icons before and I do not know how I can get rid of this. It makes my toolbar look very ugly. Please somebody help EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Normally, icons (.ico) files are actually two bitmaps, a mask bitm...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Outlook won't send CC's
I responded to an email with a group of cc's (reply all) and the mail wouldn't leave the outbox until I moved all of the cc people to the top reply line. What is blocking send out cc's? Thank you. I can't imagine. Did Outlook return an error with a send/receive initially? "its_my_dime" <its_my_dime@yahoo.com.spam (hold the .spam)> wrote in message news:OqtFqtT1GHA.4108@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I responded to an email with a group of cc's (reply all) and the mail >wouldn't leave the outbox until I moved all of the cc people to the top ...

sending mail 05-20-10
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'michael.porth@bafin.be'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMT...

Relaying denied / Can't send to aol.com & cisco.com domains
We have 1 internal Exchange 2000 server for our only domain, dortfcu.org. When we try to send an email to anyone at the aol.com or cisco.com domain, their email server says 550 5.7.1 <email address>... Relaying denied. I think the issue is a dns issue and is due to the fact that I upgraded one of our 2 dns servers from windows 2000 server to windows 2003 server last weekend. NSLOOKUP of dortfcu.org with type=mx says that mail exchanger = smtp.dortfcu.org. The servers real name is dort2.dortfcu.org. So I guess this means my mx record is wrong? I don't have access to my ...

Send Url via workflow
Hello, the problem am facing is that I want to be able to send an URL via a workflow to be opened by a web browser. Can you please help me? example: i want the workflow, as soon as the appointment finishes, to open a URL (http://www.google.com) On Aug 6, 6:58=A0pm, Ali BARADA <a.bar...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > the problem am facing is that I want to be able to send an URL via a > workflow to be opened by a web browser. Can you please help me? > > example: i want the workflow, as soon as the appointment finishes, to > open a URL (http://www.google.com) Given workf...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

trying to send out emails

Send notification email when timesheet is rejected
Hi, Is there any way to send email notification to a resource when a time sheet is rejected by the resource manager or project manager. We're using WSS 3.0 and Project server 2007. I can find alerts for task and other items but i don't find any sort of help regarding this issue Thanks in Advance. There is no way to do this without some sort of customization. You might want to post this question in the microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup. Jonathan "rajeshts" <rajeshts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4A692A8-C41C...