CAsyncSocket connect() returns 0

Hi,

My CAsyncSocket::Connect() always returns 0 (which indicates an error)
but the connection is accepted by the server socket and the client
OnConnect() and OnSend() events are fired. So everything seems to be
working ok, but why does Connect() returns 0 ????

0
nijenhuis (92)
7/30/2007 3:21:52 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1317 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

Call GetLastError to see why it is returning 0

AliR.


"RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote in message 
news:1185808912.678740.270420@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> My CAsyncSocket::Connect() always returns 0 (which indicates an error)
> but the connection is accepted by the server socket and the client
> OnConnect() and OnSend() events are fired. So everything seems to be
> working ok, but why does Connect() returns 0 ????
> 


0
AliR3470 (3235)
7/30/2007 3:25:59 PM
On 30 jul, 17:25, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)" <A...@online.nospam> wrote:
> Call GetLastError to see why it is returning 0
>
> AliR.
>
> "RAN" <nijenh...@wish.nl> wrote in message
>
> news:1185808912.678740.270420@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> > Hi,
>
> > My CAsyncSocket::Connect() always returns 0 (which indicates an error)
> > but the connection is accepted by the server socket and the client
> > OnConnect() and OnSend() events are fired. So everything seems to be
> > working ok, but why does Connect() returns 0 ????- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

GetLastError() returns 10035, but the server accepts the connection
and the client can send data which is correctly received bij the
server in OnReceive(). It liked to see Connect() return 1 because it
connects ok. But 10035 error is a non fatal error???

0
nijenhuis (92)
7/30/2007 4:36:04 PM
>I liked to see Connect() return 1 because it
> connects ok. But 10035 error is a non fatal error???

I am sorry but that's not how things work CAsyncSocket, even if Connect 
returns non-zero (TRUE in MFC context CAsyncSocket::Connect returns a BOOL 
not a number), your really are not connected until OnConnect is called.

Error number 10035 is WSAWOULDBLOCK which means that CAsyncSocket is a bit 
busy right now and will complete your connection soon (after all you are 
using CAsyncSocket which is asynchronies).

If that's not expectable use CSocket, I believe Connect will block until it 
is either connected or not.

AliR.



0
AliR3470 (3235)
7/30/2007 4:47:38 PM
RAN wrote:
> GetLastError() returns 10035, but the server accepts the connection
> and the client can send data which is correctly received bij the
> server in OnReceive(). It liked to see Connect() return 1 because it
> connects ok. But 10035 error is a non fatal error???
> 

It is a non fatal error.  In fact, it is not really an error, it is what 
CASyncSocket is designed to do.  Calling Connect is a request for the 
socket to get connected in the background.  It normally returns 
WSAEWOULDBLOCK, which means "I'm working on it and I'll let you know 
later how it goes."   Later, it calls your OnConnect to let you know if 
the connection succeeded or not.  This is the meaning of "async."  None 
of the calls block until complete: They just return WSAEWOULDBLOCK if 
necessary and let you know later what the new state is.  This async mode 
of operation is vital to keeping your GUI alive if you use the socket in 
a GUI thread.

-- 
Scott McPhillips [MVP VC++]

0
Scott
7/30/2007 5:04:44 PM
And a critical aspect of this is that after you get an error, and it is WSAEWOULDBLOCK,
that you will respond to the callback when the event completes.  That is, the OnConnect
method would be called when the connection completes.  So it is coincidental that by the
time you start sending, you just happen to have had the connection complete.  This is not
a robust way to write the code.  Similarly, if you are not checking for a Send operation
to generate this code, you might be deluded into believing it actually worked (you can't
even assume that if you send a buffer without error that ALL of the buffer was sent; you
could ask it to send n bytes and it actually sends m < n bytes, and you will have to, in
the next OnSend call, send the next bunch of bytes (nominally n-m), but all of those might
not be sent, etc.
				joe

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:04:44 -0400, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
wrote:

>RAN wrote:
>> GetLastError() returns 10035, but the server accepts the connection
>> and the client can send data which is correctly received bij the
>> server in OnReceive(). It liked to see Connect() return 1 because it
>> connects ok. But 10035 error is a non fatal error???
>> 
>
>It is a non fatal error.  In fact, it is not really an error, it is what 
>CASyncSocket is designed to do.  Calling Connect is a request for the 
>socket to get connected in the background.  It normally returns 
>WSAEWOULDBLOCK, which means "I'm working on it and I'll let you know 
>later how it goes."   Later, it calls your OnConnect to let you know if 
>the connection succeeded or not.  This is the meaning of "async."  None 
>of the calls block until complete: They just return WSAEWOULDBLOCK if 
>necessary and let you know later what the new state is.  This async mode 
>of operation is vital to keeping your GUI alive if you use the socket in 
>a GUI thread.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
0
newcomer (15974)
7/30/2007 6:45:47 PM
On 30 jul, 20:45, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
> And a critical aspect of this is that after you get an error, and it is WSAEWOULDBLOCK,
> that you will respond to the callback when the event completes.  That is, the OnConnect
> method would be called when the connection completes.  So it is coincidental that by the
> time you start sending, you just happen to have had the connection complete.  This is not
> a robust way to write the code.  Similarly, if you are not checking for a Send operation
> to generate this code, you might be deluded into believing it actually worked (you can't
> even assume that if you send a buffer without error that ALL of the buffer was sent; you
> could ask it to send n bytes and it actually sends m < n bytes, and you will have to, in
> the next OnSend call, send the next bunch of bytes (nominally n-m), but all of those might
> not be sent, etc.
>                                 joe
>
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:04:44 -0400, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> >RAN wrote:
> >> GetLastError() returns 10035, but the server accepts the connection
> >> and the client can send data which is correctly received bij the
> >> server in OnReceive(). It liked to see Connect() return 1 because it
> >> connects ok. But 10035 error is a non fatal error???
>
> >It is a non fatal error.  In fact, it is not really an error, it is what
> >CASyncSocket is designed to do.  Calling Connect is a request for the
> >socket to get connected in the background.  It normally returns
> >WSAEWOULDBLOCK, which means "I'm working on it and I'll let you know
> >later how it goes."   Later, it calls your OnConnect to let you know if
> >the connection succeeded or not.  This is the meaning of "async."  None
> >of the calls block until complete: They just return WSAEWOULDBLOCK if
> >necessary and let you know later what the new state is.  This async mode
> >of operation is vital to keeping your GUI alive if you use the socket in
> >a GUI thread.
>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newco...@flounder.com
> Web:http://www.flounder.com
> MVP Tips:http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

The OnSend() event seems to be fired before the OnConnect() event.
The microsoft documentation for CAsyncSocket::OnSend() says that if
this event is triggered the socket is ready to send data. Which i do
using Send(). But i understand that it's possible that the connection
may not be completly established yet(???) and that the data is not
send to the to be connected socket. (??) I suspect that the data is
queued somewhere after calling Send() and then actually send when the
OnConnect() fires (no error). I must say that i tried this for at
least 50 times and the data is always send to the server-socket. But
apparently im doing something wrong reading your comments. Maybe a
code snipped might help me to understand how to do it . Most of the
time if i do something wrong it fails the first time and not after 50
times in which everything does what i want it to do. But i know i have
a lot to learn about CAsyncSocket programming.:)

0
nijenhuis (92)
7/31/2007 2:46:51 PM
On 31 jul, 16:46, RAN <nijenh...@wish.nl> wrote:
> On 30 jul, 20:45, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > And a critical aspect of this is that after you get an error, and it is WSAEWOULDBLOCK,
> > that you will respond to the callback when the event completes.  That is, the OnConnect
> > method would be called when the connection completes.  So it is coincidental that by the
> > time you start sending, you just happen to have had the connection complete.  This is not
> > a robust way to write the code.  Similarly, if you are not checking for a Send operation
> > to generate this code, you might be deluded into believing it actually worked (you can't
> > even assume that if you send a buffer without error that ALL of the buffer was sent; you
> > could ask it to send n bytes and it actually sends m < n bytes, and you will have to, in
> > the next OnSend call, send the next bunch of bytes (nominally n-m), but all of those might
> > not be sent, etc.
> >                                 joe
>
> > On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:04:44 -0400, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
> > wrote:
>
> > >RAN wrote:
> > >> GetLastError() returns 10035, but the server accepts the connection
> > >> and the client can send data which is correctly received bij the
> > >> server in OnReceive(). It liked to see Connect() return 1 because it
> > >> connects ok. But 10035 error is a non fatal error???
>
> > >It is a non fatal error.  In fact, it is not really an error, it is what
> > >CASyncSocket is designed to do.  Calling Connect is a request for the
> > >socket to get connected in the background.  It normally returns
> > >WSAEWOULDBLOCK, which means "I'm working on it and I'll let you know
> > >later how it goes."   Later, it calls your OnConnect to let you know if
> > >the connection succeeded or not.  This is the meaning of "async."  None
> > >of the calls block until complete: They just return WSAEWOULDBLOCK if
> > >necessary and let you know later what the new state is.  This async mode
> > >of operation is vital to keeping your GUI alive if you use the socket in
> > >a GUI thread.
>
> > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> > email: newco...@flounder.com
> > Web:http://www.flounder.com
> > MVP Tips:http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm-Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
> The OnSend() event seems to be fired before the OnConnect() event.
> The microsoft documentation for CAsyncSocket::OnSend() says that if
> this event is triggered the socket is ready to send data. Which i do
> using Send(). But i understand that it's possible that the connection
> may not be completly established yet(???) and that the data is not
> send to the to be connected socket. (??) I suspect that the data is
> queued somewhere after calling Send() and then actually send when the
> OnConnect() fires (no error). I must say that i tried this for at
> least 50 times and the data is always send to the server-socket. But
> apparently im doing something wrong reading your comments. Maybe a
> code snipped might help me to understand how to do it . Most of the
> time if i do something wrong it fails the first time and not after 50
> times in which everything does what i want it to do. But i know i have
> a lot to learn about CAsyncSocket programming.:)- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Oops sorry, OnConnect() fires before OnSend() after setting
breakpoints, never mind thanks for your comments!

0
nijenhuis (92)
7/31/2007 2:54:44 PM
See below...
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:46:51 -0700, RAN <nijenhuis@wish.nl> wrote:

>On 30 jul, 20:45, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
>> And a critical aspect of this is that after you get an error, and it is WSAEWOULDBLOCK,
>> that you will respond to the callback when the event completes.  That is, the OnConnect
>> method would be called when the connection completes.  So it is coincidental that by the
>> time you start sending, you just happen to have had the connection complete.  This is not
>> a robust way to write the code.  Similarly, if you are not checking for a Send operation
>> to generate this code, you might be deluded into believing it actually worked (you can't
>> even assume that if you send a buffer without error that ALL of the buffer was sent; you
>> could ask it to send n bytes and it actually sends m < n bytes, and you will have to, in
>> the next OnSend call, send the next bunch of bytes (nominally n-m), but all of those might
>> not be sent, etc.
>>                                 joe
>>
>> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:04:44 -0400, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> >RAN wrote:
>> >> GetLastError() returns 10035, but the server accepts the connection
>> >> and the client can send data which is correctly received bij the
>> >> server in OnReceive(). It liked to see Connect() return 1 because it
>> >> connects ok. But 10035 error is a non fatal error???
>>
>> >It is a non fatal error.  In fact, it is not really an error, it is what
>> >CASyncSocket is designed to do.  Calling Connect is a request for the
>> >socket to get connected in the background.  It normally returns
>> >WSAEWOULDBLOCK, which means "I'm working on it and I'll let you know
>> >later how it goes."   Later, it calls your OnConnect to let you know if
>> >the connection succeeded or not.  This is the meaning of "async."  None
>> >of the calls block until complete: They just return WSAEWOULDBLOCK if
>> >necessary and let you know later what the new state is.  This async mode
>> >of operation is vital to keeping your GUI alive if you use the socket in
>> >a GUI thread.
>>
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newco...@flounder.com
>> Web:http://www.flounder.com
>> MVP Tips:http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>>
>> - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
>The OnSend() event seems to be fired before the OnConnect() event.
>The microsoft documentation for CAsyncSocket::OnSend() says that if
>this event is triggered the socket is ready to send data. Which i do
>using Send(). 
****
I've never worried about the order, because my code appears to be insensitive to the
order.
****
>But i understand that it's possible that the connection
>may not be completly established yet(???) and that the data is not
>send to the to be connected socket. (??) 
*****
I've never seen a failure of this nature.
****
>I suspect that the data is
>queued somewhere after calling Send() and then actually send when the
>OnConnect() fires (no error). I must say that i tried this for at
>least 50 times and the data is always send to the server-socket. But
>apparently im doing something wrong reading your comments. Maybe a
>code snipped might help me to understand how to do it . Most of the
>time if i do something wrong it fails the first time and not after 50
>times in which everything does what i want it to do. But i know i have
>a lot to learn about CAsyncSocket programming.:)
****
See my essay on the rewrite of the KB192570
http://www.flounder.com/kb192570.htm
You can ignore the multithreading issues and just look at the async socket code.
				joe

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
0
newcomer (15974)
7/31/2007 4:25:57 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

WLM & Wireless Network Connection
Hi, Every time I successfully sign in to Windows Live Messenger(WLM), I am disconnected from my wirless network. I have confirmed that the connection remains established when I am not signed in to WLM. This first happened as a one off occurrance after I had downloaded an update of "Live Messenger! Plus", but did not re-occur upon a restart of my machine. The problem has since begun occurring again and I can't keep a connection to my network once signed in successfully to WLM. I have tried the following as an attempt to solve the problem, but to no avail: U...

CRM 4.0 queue issue
Hi, I've run into this in CRM 3.0 (and honestly, I don't know what I did to fix it). But now it's happening in CRM 4.0. I have a queue, and a user with an email address. I want all email that is sent to this user to also appear in the CRM queue. I have it working, it's just that I'm getting everything twice. Once as an email from the original sender, and once from the recipient to the recipient, with the original email as an attachment. For example, kbriscoe@domain.com sends an email to ITSupport@domain.com (Our queue's email address is ITSupport@domain.com). T...

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

grid_container.aspx equivalent in 3.0
I was wondering if anyone knew of the 3.0 equivalent of grid_container.aspx in MSCRM 3.0. In 1.2 it was so easy just to link to that page, and pass in the view id to display a view from a third-party app (http://localhost/_grid/grid_container.aspx?viewId={DCF11D6A-4EAB-40C8-801A-0132C5FF092F}). It appears there is not the same concept in 3.0. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks They (aka me :-) ) rewrote the grids in CRM 3.0 and they no longer use IFRAMEs. Instead the first page load just renders the HTML inline into a DIV. For subsequent loads (like paging, sorting and ...

CRM 4.0: WebSite deployment problem
CRM 4.0: I cannot deploy my WebSite in the CRM WebSite, below is the error: 'Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthentica­tionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' doesn't exist. Parameter name: Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.Crm2007.MultipleOrganizationSoapHeaderAuthenticat­ionProvider, Microsoft.Crm.WebServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request....

Microsoft CRM 3.0 (KB922815) Installation Error
When i try to install Update Rollup 1 for MSCRM 3.0 i get following error. Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language. The installation of this update has stopped. Is this rollup language dependent? I have a swedish installation of MSCRM. Thanks! // Mats ------=_NextPart_0001_11F19277 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Yes this rollup is language dependent. You need to install SVE(swedish - sweden) UR1 package. Thanks, Indira Dhingra This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

CRM 3.0 internal recipients don't recieve mails
Hi everybody... We've installed CRM 3.0, including the Exchange Route Component on an Exchange Server 2003. Inbound and outbound mails, mail tracking and so on are working correctly, but if someone sends an email using the CRM WebInterface or the CRM Outlook Client and uses an email-recipient of our internal domain (e.g. as TO, CC or BCC with adress username@mydomain.com) the mail is not send. An activity that describes that email ist correctly generated by the CRM, but the mail itself is not send to any of the listed recipients, if at least one of them belongs to our domain. Doe...

Odd return situation...
A customer bought three items with cash. Two days later they returned two of them, but I had insufficient cash in my till to hand over. I wrote them a check (and entered the correct "splits" in Quickbooks, including Sales tax refunded). I then manually adjusted the quantities of these two items in Manager. Was that a bad idea? What should I have done instead? Used Store Ops to do a return but then changed to price to zero for the two items? Thanks. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! ...

Start DB when not connected to network
Scenario: Currently calling the function SynchronizeDBs in the On Open Event of the Start-up form. The function is called out as follows: =SynchronizeDBs("C:\Documents and Settings\...\IDB HubR1.mdb","\\ww007\...IDB Hub.mdb",1) The function code is: Function SynchronizeDBs(strDBName As String, strSyncTargetDB As String, _ intSync As Integer) Dim dbs As DAO.Database Set dbs = DBEngine(0).OpenDatabase(strDBName) Select Case intSync Case 1 'Synchronize replicas (bidirectional exchange). dbs.Synchronize strSyncTargetDB, dbRepImpExpChanges Case 2 'Synch...

MS CRM 4.0 Rollup 2 error Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available
Recently upgraded to CRM 4.0. Details are as follows - CRM is on premise - 60 Outlook clients - 32 bit server w/ SRS and Exchange router on CRM server - 64 bit DB CRM 4.0 upgrade goes well. Server application of Rollup 2 works fine. Most of my 60 Outlook clients are getting a popup upon running the rollup 2 .EXE: "Data ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available" These are all US English installs (language id 1033). This is not a multi-language install. All users were made "local admins" for the purpose of the client upgrade to 4.0 as well as the rollup install. About...

best way to connect a brach office
What is the best way to connect to a branch office say of 10 users to the main server .. In addition the branch office wants all outlook email functionaliy... is it going to be the laptop client assigned to each user, which means every branch user nees to sync individually ?!?!?!? ? i hope not.. Please advise.. ...

Excel Look up and Return Data
Hello all, I have a "data table" in one Excel file (call it DATA, the table is sorted on a field called 'CODE') and a second Excel file (call it FORMULA). I need to lookup information from the DATA table and return it to the FORMULA file, this will be done by matching a Raw Material Code number from the FORMULA file to the DATA table. When the code is matched, I would like to return 5 consecutive cells (in 5 consecutive columns) of data to the FORMULA file. Currently, I am using 5 vLookup functions to do this in the 5 consecutive cells. I am doing this to try to ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Returning Data from a third cell in same row that meets two other
I'm looking for a formula that will return a result from a cell on a same row as two other cells that meet certain criteria. I'm sure there is a way to do this but i am a novice at this kind of stuff and can't seem to figure it out. For example i want a cell to = what is in column E when column A="36751" and when column B="Total Returns" The spreadsheet has 55000 rows. there will only be one instance where both these criteria are met. i want to use this to create a seperate spreadsheet with just info i need and can update on a daily basis. thanks in ...

SLOW connection on initial startup
When I startup Outlook and enter username/password to connect to Exchange Server, it takes approx. 5 minutes to connect and update folders. It only happens at work, and only on the initial connection. I leave the app running in the taskbar all day and subsequent updates (every minute or so) are fine. This does NOT happen from home or any other location. We recently switched ISP's from SBC DSL to a T1 line from a small ISP here in the building. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? ...

Reset all inventory to 0
Is there a way to reset all the inventory for all the products while keeping all the products in the database? I would like to save time by taking the database from location 1 to location 2 and use the same database, but set the inventory of location 2 to 0. That way I will have the database that I want and the inventory can be added to the database after it is delivered to the store. Thanks, Tom Tom, You could always run an SQL script to reset the Quantity and Quantity Committed fields to 0 in the Item table, but if this is a 2nd location you are setting up you might need to a diffe...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

MS CRM 1.2 or 3.0 for Help Desk Ticketing solution
Does anyone use this for a Ticketing program? I know we have the customer service module but have never used it. Is there any documentation on how to set it up as a help desk solution. Thanks Todd Yes , U can surely do this by making a case and the case number can be considered a s Ticket number. You will have to dive deep into the whole process to map it to CRM Rgds SAM "Todd" wrote: > Does anyone use this for a Ticketing program? I know we have the customer > service module but have never used it. Is there any documentation on how to > set it up as a help desk ...

Client Support Module / add-in for CRM 3.0?
We are a software company, and we just implemented CRM 3.0 for the sales staff. We are still using Lotus Notes for our support staff, and were curious if there is a module that we could get for CRM to be able to handle the Support staff as well? This would need to be able to handle creating support tickets, allowing for updating, and cut and paste of screen shots. If anyone is familiar with something in this line, please let me know... I would love to decommission Lotus Notes in the very near future. Thanks ...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

Attachments in GP 10.0
When we attach pdf's and other documents in GP, we are attaching them as ole links. This works for the user that attaches the document, but none of our other users are able to see the attachments (are we attaching them incorrectly?). What is the best way to attach documents in GP so that all your users can view them? Thanks. Have set the OLE path in DEX.ini to a shared folder on your network? Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "mlkenneth" wrote: ...

Lookup returning incorrect results
Anybody have an idea why I keep getting incorrect lookup results. In sheet 1, I have a list of "Sales Codes" in col A. In sheet 2, I have a list of data that with column A for "Sales Codes" and column B for associated "Sales Reps". I want to insert a column in sheet 1 that contains lookup formulas to pull the correct sales rep for each sales code . Both sheets are sorted in ascending order by Sales code. My lookup formula in sheet 1, Lookup col B: =LOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$4,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$4) The returned results from the above lookup formula are incorrect....

CRM v3.0 Professional Install onto SBS
Would it be possible to install Microsoft CRM v3.0 Professional Edition onto Small Business Server 2003? Surely the Faxing should still work for CRM v3.0 Pro? It is possible but the faxing will NOT work. SBS and Pro are different on that issue Why would you want to? The SBS version is a SUPERSET of the Professional version. It includes all of the Professional version plus native faxing through SBS and additional wizards to make install a breeze. You may also have a problem when you attempt to put in the license key for Pro on a SBS server during install. (ie: Ir woun't let you in...

Excell Version 7.0 (1985-1995)
So I've been quite content using this old version of Excel for some time. Now someone has sent me an .xls file that I can't open because my version is too old. I really don't want to spend $500 in software just to open this file. Is Excel 2000 still for sale? Or... What do I do? Thanx, Charlie Ask the originator of the file to save it in the xl5/xl95 format and resend it to you. If you just want to look at it, you can download the free viewer software at http://www.microsoft.com/office go to downloads. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Charlie <acscott@aol.com> wrote in message ...