cant connect Msdn to visual studio

Hi,
I install visual studio 6 SP6 and after that I install MSDN help July 2002
but I cant open the MSDN from visual studio and when I press F1 (for help) I
just get a message box that saying  MSDN not install Why???

I can open the MSDN directly  bun not through visual studio-6 can I fix
that???

Thanks.

0
Dave
7/28/2004 9:22:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I install visual studio 6 SP6 and after that I install MSDN help July 2002
> but I cant open the MSDN from visual studio and when I press F1 (for help)
> just get a message box that saying  MSDN not install Why???
>
> I can open the MSDN directly  bun not through visual studio-6 can I fix
> that???

Sorry, Dave. The October 2001 edition of the MSDN Library was the last to
integrate with VS6.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)
7/28/2004 8:55:05 PM
Yes, Microsoft gratuitously changed the MSDN format in an incompatible fashion a couple
years ago. Just run it standalone. I actually dislike the integration and I usually run a
separate copy of VS7 whose sole purpose is to be the documentation display. I find it too
hard to use the integrated documentation. It gets in the way of doing real work.
				joe
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:22:30 +0200, "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote:

>Hi,
>I install visual studio 6 SP6 and after that I install MSDN help July 2002
>but I cant open the MSDN from visual studio and when I press F1 (for help) I
>just get a message box that saying  MSDN not install Why???
>
>I can open the MSDN directly  bun not through visual studio-6 can I fix
>that???
>

>Thanks.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

How do I set up Outlook 2002 SP-1 to use a dial up connection?
I just installed Office 2002 on my home computer. When I trie dto run Outlook, it tries to connect to an Exchange Server, even though I've only got a dial up connection. Then, wheen I tell it to work Off line, it tells me that the outlook.ost file cannot be accessed. Then it quits, and I can't get in to do any setup. Seems to me that you should be configuring Outlook to access an Internet Mail Account, not Exchange Server. How did you manage to set up Outlook to look for an Exchange Server? You've left out some important information. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "...

Connecting outlook 2000 or outlook express to hotmail
I followed the instructions for setting up a new outlook express acct. to work with my hotmail acct. I can't seem to send new emails though. I keep getting the message: The server does not support the required HTTP methods. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Method Not Allowed', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC35 what does this mean? Outlook 2000 does not support Hotmail natively. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family fo...

Connection to DB in Windows Vista could not be located
Dear all, I have recently installed RMS V2.0 with SP1 on Windows Vista. RMS is running fine (on stand alone PC) until it was plug into the network with other SQL Server running on other systems. This is when the problem begins, RMS take a long time to search for the DB which is located on the local machine. Both SO Manager and SO POS takes approximately 5-10 minutes to open. I have tried putting in the IP address and machine name at the SO Administrator and still fail. If i remove from network then it will run again without any problem. I have tried installing RMS V2.0 in Windows XP an...

Connect to cable?
I cannot get Outlook set up to connect to the internet. We have cable. The only options I find in the help material is for LAN, dial-up and modem. Can anyone help? THANKS! Choose LAN or Any Available. (Cable/DSL is LAN) "Herb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:933d01c496dc$4ce47a70$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot get Outlook set up to connect to the internet. We > have cable. The only options I find in the help material > is for LAN, dial-up and modem. Can anyone help? THANKS! ...

E-Connect Error
Hi Everyone, While installing E-connect iam getting this error , can anybody help me out in this issue Error Message: Error 1720 There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Thanks & Regards, Ansar Ansar, it's possible that the Windows Script 5.6 update is not installed on the computer. Therefore use the below link to obtain the update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en Hope ...

cant send or recieve e-mail
Using windows vista home basic service pack 2 Office enterprise 2007 trying to connect to an ISP using pop and smtp connections Outlook was working fine then quit sending and receiving. Outlook times out and will not send or recieve. Tried repairing outlook, tried removing and then re-entering account information, tried uninstalling entire office etc... No Luck. Occasionally on one of these tries I would recieve one or two mails then nothing. setup a spare laptop with office 2007 (XP system) and had no problems accessing the ISP through outlook with identical settings...

SMTP connection drops once in a while
We have an Exchange 2003, sp1, and it is the bridgehead server. It has the SMTP connector on it which forwards all outgoing messages to an SMTP server on DMZ (with an IP address forwarding). Recently I have noticed that once in a while during the day the outgoing messages go to the "Messages with an unreachable destination" queue and then the SMTP-Connector queue disappears from the list of the queues. I changed the time out for the SMTP Virtual Server from 10 to 30 to see if that will make any difference, but it did not. After 10, 20 or 30 minutes then it picks up message...

Intermitten loss of Server Connection OL98, Win98
System: W98SE, Outlook 98, IE 6.0, No AntiVirus Email Software I have an intermittent problem. I connect thru dialup modem to ISP fine. Receive my new messages ok. Can typically send out one or two email msgs and then fails. Msg says unable to find server even though the phone connection is still in place. Internet Explorer and Outlook both out of commission at this point. If I disconnect and redial the whole process normally repeats itself. Occasionally it will work fine for a few hours but then starts up again. I reinstalled all software (win98, Outlook, and IE6),updated a...

Unable to connect to incoming server because mail box is in use??
I can send but not receive e-mail. Error says that Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server because your mailbox on the server was in use. Is this a anti-spyware or anti-virus software caused problem? I've tried to temporarily disable those programs to no avail. are you logged into the mailbox using another computer or email client? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipsti...

How do I use msiexec.exe with Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable?
[cross-post from microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs] Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I've never dealt with progamming code before and thought this might be a better place to ask this. ================================== I think I found a way to fix my "hang" problem during setup, but I need to install Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable to do it. Situation: I am in "forced" Setup mode and am at the point where my server "hangs" at the 12-min left mark in "Registering Components". The problem, I think, is with the system not b...

2nd addresses using E-connect
I am trying to set up mailing addresses in Great Plains using e-connect. I am able to get the mailing address entered using UPRCreateEmployeeAddressType, however, when i go into Great Plains and hit the magnifying glass to search, it does not show up. It does show up when I go into the employee address maintenance screen and scroll left and right. What other field(s) do I need to populate in order to get this to show up when you try an address lookup? thanks -- AHIhelp ...

You are not currently connected to the Internet.
Ever since I switched to wireless internet connection, I get this message when I log on to Windows Mail. It asks me if I want to connect, I click the YES button, and then my mail will download. How do I correct this? Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. What does it show for connection? You should leave that setting unselected, in which case Windows Mail=20 will use whatever connection IE uses. Also, under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked, and the second box unchecked. If all that checks out, but you still have ...

Connecting mac clients
Hi I have no prior experience with macs and unfortunately this new client has some macs that need connecting to the new sbs 2003 standard R2 dell server. Could someone please guide me to some easy steps to connect macs to sbs as client to access exchange emails (via apple mail or some such) and internet? Many Thanks Regards These links should help: Connecting a Macintosh running Mac OS 10.5 to an SBS 2003 Server http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2007/10/28/connecting-a-macintosh-running-mac-os-105-to-an-sbs-2003-server/ SBS-Mac links (several pages) http://s...

Restricting incoming connections in EXCH 5.5
I'm using an anti-spam filtering service. My mail is delivered there first, then forwarded on to my mail server. The problem is, some of this stuff is still being delivered, because it's being sent directly to my IP address rather than through my mx record. It bypasses the spam filter totally. In Exchange 2000 and 2003, I can restrict the SMTP connector from receiving mail from any address except for the spam filter's in: administrative groups - routing groups - first routing group - connectors - smtp connector, properties, delivery restrictions. Does anybody know how to accompl...

mstsc fails to connect on one of two laptops
I have to nearly identical HP laptops. Both are the same model, both are running Vista64 Home Premium. With mstsc, I can connect to my XP Pro SP3 system with no trouble at all. But on the other one, the connection fails with an illuminating "Cannot connect" message. No details as to why. I tried copying the Default.rdb file from the machine that can connect to the other one. That made no difference. I tried connecting as a different user, creating another .rdp file, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks, Jason In article <#UUSfR4wKHA.3564@TK2MS...

Can't connect to \\hostname\C$ as Administrator
I have cross-posted this as my initial post to a single group has gone unanswered so far and I could really do with some help. Hi all, I'm a technical admin on a network of around 300 PCs. Some are on a domain, some are not, but all pretty much share the same Administrator name and password for consistency. Generally I can browse to Windows machines by entering \\hostname\C$ into the 'RUN' prompt. Eventually, I will be asked to provide a name and password, for which I enter the Administrator's credentials. This works well, and allows me to automate backups from ...

Visual C++ Runtime Library error Outlook 2k
I have Outlook 2k on Win2k and today I started getting this error when I try to open a message or start a new one. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe abnormal program termination Our IT department is stumped. They tried detect and repair, uninstalling / reinstalling. Didn't work. Any ideas? -- J_Toy This seems to be a common problem. Please see my post today (06-04-04) at 10:22 am. Someone else that replied to my post was having the same problem too. So, if you hear anything, then please let me kn...

wireless connections
I have a client who is just gettig started with RMS, and is using a laptop (2GB RAM) to run Store Operations Manager. THe laptop is connected with a wireless adapter to the POS computer. Performance is irratic on the laptop. Sometimes the response time is fine, and other times it takes several seconds for windows to open. No such performance degredation occurs at the POS computer. WHat can I do to improve the performance? -- FRB Maybe other wireless interference - scan for any other AP's in the area and what channel they are using. We recommend using wired connection but wire...

Using Visual Studio 6 on Dual Monitors
Is it possible to use VS on dual monitors? Yes. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OsH7GdsuDHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to use VS on dual monitors? > > Besides stretching the IDE to fit across them? I don't know. I run it stretched across 3 monitors every day. Annoying default window opening size though ;)... WTH:) "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OsH7GdsuDHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl.....

cant recieve email
i'm using windows mail. everythings work. now i have connect a new email adress for my work using their pop3 server.i have an inlog from them recieved and the password.i'm signing me in and he had no errors. i can send with this adress but not receive. my servers settings are correct. could someone help me pleasse thx Please copy / paste the entire error message for proper analysis. Also, who is your ISP and the last part of your email address - AFTER the @ symbol? "gukke" <gukke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6578550-1620-4AC7-85...

How to password protect network (internet) access/connection?
Hi, I'd like to write a small program to password protect any network (especially internet) access connection. So whenever a service, program, application tries to connect/access internet it will ask for a password... Could you help me please? Thanks. > So whenever a service, program, application tries to connect/access = internet=20 > it will ask for a password...=20 Set up Windows Firewall in a proper way. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com ...

how to connect MFC with MySQL
Hi guys, Please help me i am very upset by taking issuses of connectivity of MySQL with MFC. Actually when i run code in MFC it gives following error LIBC.lib(strtol.obj):error LNK 2005 ::_exit already defined in msvcrtd.lib(cinitexe.obj) it gives around 24 error all are linker error i have include mysql++.lib, libmysql.lib but still they gives all linker error i have include <winsock.h> header file but still i got this error , please tell me what is the exact solution o this problem, i am very nedy, if you have some code then please mail me . very very thanks. raghunandan_1081@yahoo...

Outlook over HTTP: one user won't connect
I'm still not sure that this is an Outlook issue. Breakdown: 1. Outside user's Outlook 2003 client cannot connect to the Exchange server over the internet. Status icon in the lower Right corner shows "Disconnected" not "Offline" 2. OWA in Internet Explorer 6 connects to the default http landing page of the server but when it redirects to the https page I get error about Server Unavailable. 3. When connected via VPN, both methods of connecting to email work without problem. 4. A second computer in this same users network can connect to OWA without any problems...

Visual Studio 2005 and XML Data view
I remember that in 2003 there used to be a view where you could see your XML file as a table. Where did the "Data view" went in VS 2005? <hugo.flores@ge.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1142282671.888212.144480@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I remember that in 2003 there used to be a view where you could see > your XML file as a table. > Where did the "Data view" went in VS 2005? > right clic - open with... - Source code (text editor) <hugo.flores@ge.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1142282671.888212.144480@z34g2000cwc.googlegrou...

How to block smtp connection for specific IP adress?
I have a problem with a server on the internet sending repeated messages containing a virus. I want to block this sender by the IP address (as the from address changes for each new mail). I have tried to add the IP address I want to block to GlobalSettings.MessageDelivery.Properties.ConnectionFiltering.DenyList and to Servers.MyServer.Protocols.SMTP.DefaultSMTPVirtualServer.Properties.Access.Connection.Denied and marked "All except the list below" I have restarted the virtual server and I only have one virtual server configured. Despite this the connection is accepted. I hav...