Cannot get my CImageList to display images?

Ok i am successfully diplaying images in my tree controls but not my list
controls.

I am using the following but not image is being displayed???

int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_TEXT,0,"hello", 0,0,7,0L);

Where 7 is a valid index into my image list!

Please help?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That really doesn't help much.  Since you got the tree control working I'm
assuming that you are calling the list control's SetImageIist.  Also for
debugging purposes call GetImageCount on your image list to see how many
images it loaded.

Let me also point out that you can call this version of InsertItem with the
parameters that you are passing in:
mListCtrl.InsertItem(0,"hello",7);

AliR.

"PRMARJORAM" <PRMARJORAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok i am successfully diplaying images in my tree controls but not my list
> controls.
>
> I am using the following but not image is being displayed???
>
> int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_TEXT,0,"hello",
> 0,0,7,0L);
>
> Where 7 is a valid index into my image list!
>
> Please help?

0
AliR3470 (3236)
5/21/2008 4:01:06 PM
On Wed, 21 May 2008 08:21:01 -0700, PRMARJORAM <PRMARJORAM@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Ok i am successfully diplaying images in my tree controls but not my list
>controls.
>
>I am using the following but not image is being displayed???
>
>int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_TEXT,0,"hello", 0,0,7,0L);
****
What is this "0L" notation?  Since integers are already 32-bit, there is no reason to use
the L suffix to make it a 32-bit value!

That would be _T("hello").  Think of 8-bit characters as dead technology except in rare
and exotic circumstances, which this is not.

I cannot find any version of CListCtrl::InsertItem that takes 7 parameters.  There's a
version that takes
	LVITEM*
and one that takes
	int, LPCTSTR
and one that takes
	int, LPCTSTR, int

but I cannot find a documented interface that takes 7 parameters.
			joe
****

>Where 7 is a valid index into my image list!
>
>Please help?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
5/21/2008 6:30:04 PM
Joe there is one that takes 7 parameters.

int InsertItem(
   UINT nMask,
   int nItem,
   LPCTSTR lpszItem,
   UINT nState,
   UINT nStateMask,
   int nImage,
   LPARAM lParam
);

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8b9s12fc.aspx

AliR.

> On Wed, 21 May 2008 08:21:01 -0700, PRMARJORAM
> <PRMARJORAM@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Ok i am successfully diplaying images in my tree controls but not my list
>>controls.
>>
>>I am using the following but not image is being displayed???
>>
>>int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_TEXT,0,"hello",
>>0,0,7,0L);
> ****
> What is this "0L" notation?  Since integers are already 32-bit, there is
> no reason to use
> the L suffix to make it a 32-bit value!
>
> That would be _T("hello").  Think of 8-bit characters as dead technology
> except in rare
> and exotic circumstances, which this is not.
>
> I cannot find any version of CListCtrl::InsertItem that takes 7
> parameters.  There's a
> version that takes
> LVITEM*
> and one that takes
> int, LPCTSTR
> and one that takes
> int, LPCTSTR, int
>
> but I cannot find a documented interface that takes 7 parameters.
> joe
> ****
>

>>Where 7 is a valid index into my image list!
>>
>>Please help?
>>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

AliR3470 (3236)
5/21/2008 7:02:40 PM
Its just not working
Like i said the same imagelist is being shared with the tree control and
this is displaying them fine.  Here is some more example code

// setting up the image icons
	mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_GROUP));//6
	mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_REQUEST));//
	mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_RECEIVE));//8

// initialising the list control with image list
	CDMSApp* pApp = static_cast<CDMSApp*>(AfxGetApp());
	CImageList& images = pApp->GetImages();
	mListCtrl.SetImageList(&images, LVSIL_NORMAL);

// associate item with image
ASSERT(mListCtrl.GetImageList(LVSIL_NORMAL) != NULL );
ASSERT(mListCtrl.GetImageList(LVSIL_NORMAL)->GetImageCount() >= 10 );

 int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(0,"hello",7);

// buts its still not working?
the type of my list is report

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" wrote:

> Joe there is one that takes 7 parameters.
>
> int InsertItem(
>    UINT nMask,
>    int nItem,
>    LPCTSTR lpszItem,
>    UINT nState,
>    UINT nStateMask,
>    int nImage,
>    LPARAM lParam
> );
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8b9s12fc.aspx
>
> AliR.
>

> "Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 21 May 2008 08:21:01 -0700, PRMARJORAM
> > <PRMARJORAM@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Ok i am successfully diplaying images in my tree controls but not my list
> >>controls.
> >>
> >>I am using the following but not image is being displayed???
> >>
> >>int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_TEXT,0,"hello",
> >>0,0,7,0L);
> > ****
> > What is this "0L" notation?  Since integers are already 32-bit, there is
> > no reason to use
> > the L suffix to make it a 32-bit value!
> >
> > That would be _T("hello").  Think of 8-bit characters as dead technology
> > except in rare
> > and exotic circumstances, which this is not.
> >
> > I cannot find any version of CListCtrl::InsertItem that takes 7
> > parameters.  There's a
> > version that takes
> > LVITEM*
> > and one that takes
> > int, LPCTSTR
> > and one that takes
> > int, LPCTSTR, int
> >
> > but I cannot find a documented interface that takes 7 parameters.
> > joe
> > ****
> >

> >>Where 7 is a valid index into my image list!
> >>
> >>Please help?
> >>
> > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> > email: newcomer@flounder.com
> > Web: http://www.flounder.com
> > MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm

If your list ctrl is in report, small icon, or list mode, try passing
LVSIL_SMALL to SetImageList.  LVSIL_NORMAL are the images for when the list
control is in Icon mode.

Otherwise try reproducing the problem in a sample dialog based program and
post the entire code for the dialog box.

> Its just not working
> Like i said the same imagelist is being shared with the tree control and
> this is displaying them fine.  Here is some more example code
>
> // setting up the image icons
> mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_GROUP));//6
> mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_REQUEST));//
> mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_RECEIVE));//8
>
> // initialising the list control with image list
> CDMSApp* pApp = static_cast<CDMSApp*>(AfxGetApp());
> CImageList& images = pApp->GetImages();
> mListCtrl.SetImageList(&images, LVSIL_NORMAL);
>
> // associate item with image
> ASSERT(mListCtrl.GetImageList(LVSIL_NORMAL) != NULL );
> ASSERT(mListCtrl.GetImageList(LVSIL_NORMAL)->GetImageCount() >= 10 );
>
> int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(0,"hello",7);
>
> // buts its still not working?
> the type of my list is report
>

> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Joe there is one that takes 7 parameters.
>>
>> int InsertItem(
>>    UINT nMask,
>>    int nItem,
>>    LPCTSTR lpszItem,
>>    UINT nState,
>>    UINT nStateMask,
>>    int nImage,
>>    LPARAM lParam
>> );
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8b9s12fc.aspx
>>
>> AliR.
>>

>> "Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message
>> > On Wed, 21 May 2008 08:21:01 -0700, PRMARJORAM
>> > <PRMARJORAM@discussions.microsoft.com>

>> > ****
>> > What is this "0L" notation?  Since integers are already 32-bit, there
>> > is
>> > no reason to use
>> > the L suffix to make it a 32-bit value!
>> >
>> > That would be _T("hello").  Think of 8-bit characters as dead
>> > technology
>> > except in rare
>> > and exotic circumstances, which this is not.
>> >
>> > I cannot find any version of CListCtrl::InsertItem that takes 7
>> > parameters.  There's a
>> > version that takes
>> > LVITEM*
>> > and one that takes
>> > int, LPCTSTR
>> > and one that takes
>> > int, LPCTSTR, int
>> >
>> > but I cannot find a documented interface that takes 7 parameters.
>> > joe
>> > ****

>> > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> > email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> > Web: http://www.flounder.com
>> > MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm

0
AliR3470 (3236)
5/22/2008 2:02:17 PM
Yes thanks, that solved it.  LVSIL_SMALL.

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" wrote:

> If your list ctrl is in report, small icon, or list mode, try passing
> LVSIL_SMALL to SetImageList.  LVSIL_NORMAL are the images for when the list
> control is in Icon mode.
>
> Otherwise try reproducing the problem in a sample dialog based program and
> post the entire code for the dialog box.
>
> AliR.
>
> "PRMARJORAM" <PRMARJORAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Its just not working
> > Like i said the same imagelist is being shared with the tree control and
> > this is displaying them fine.  Here is some more example code
> >
> > // setting up the image icons
> > mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_GROUP));//6
> > mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_REQUEST));//
> > mImages.Add(LoadIcon(IDI_ICON_RECEIVE));//8
> >
> > // initialising the list control with image list
> > CDMSApp* pApp = static_cast<CDMSApp*>(AfxGetApp());
> > CImageList& images = pApp->GetImages();
> > mListCtrl.SetImageList(&images, LVSIL_NORMAL);
> >
> > // associate item with image
> > ASSERT(mListCtrl.GetImageList(LVSIL_NORMAL) != NULL );
> > ASSERT(mListCtrl.GetImageList(LVSIL_NORMAL)->GetImageCount() >= 10 );
> >
> > int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(0,"hello",7);
> >
> > // buts its still not working?
> > the type of my list is report
> >

> > "AliR (VC++ MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Joe there is one that takes 7 parameters.
> >>
> >> int InsertItem(
> >>    UINT nMask,
> >>    int nItem,
> >>    LPCTSTR lpszItem,
> >>    UINT nState,
> >>    UINT nStateMask,
> >>    int nImage,
> >>    LPARAM lParam
> >> );
> >>
> >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8b9s12fc.aspx
> >>
> >> AliR.
> >>

> >> "Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message

Commandbar not getting added to inspector when word is used as editor
Hi, I have written a Com Add-in which adds a new Commandbar to the New Mai window. I am using the NewInspector event to place a Commandbar wit buttons on a new mail Inspector window , I.e. Whenever New Mail messag window is opened. I have created a new commandbar and aded a ne commandbutton on that newly created commandbar. Everything is working fine if i use HTML as mail editor. If i use wor as the default mail editor in outlook, then the commandbar is no getting added and also the buttons. Could someone please suggest me what i should do to add the commandbar to the word mail editor when ...

How do I get Outlook to pick up mail from a subsidiary BT account.
Although I have both my main BT address and my subsidiary BT address set up under Outlook, it will only get email from the main address. I have to go into BT mail to read mail on the second account. I had no problems when using Outlook Express. Any ideas? Custard Pie <Custard Pie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Although I have both my main BT address and my subsidiary BT address > set up under Outlook, it will only get email from the main address. > I have to go into BT mail to read mail on the second account. I had > no problems when using Outlook Express. Any ...

Display a SharePoint document library in a Microsoft CRM 3.
I want to display SharePoint documents library in MS CRM3.0 and i did all as it writen in http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/iframesharepoint.mspx but when i try to view the result then no effect on the Case Form. I need tips for removing error. 1. Log on to your Microsoft CRM server using an account with administrative credentials. Administrative credentials are required in order to customize a Microsoft CRM form. 2. Open a browser window and navigate to your Microsoft CRM 3.0 Web site. 3. On the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Customization, and then click Cust...

How do I get a true calculation? #2
Hi. I think I have just posted this question, but I can't find it now, so my apologies..... I need to start at number 1 and multiply it by 2 - then multiply that answer by 2, then multiply that answer by 2 and carry on until I have done that 480 times!! when I try to do this in excel, I either get the answer 4.72237E+21 (which means nothing to me) or £4,722,366,482,869,650,000,000.0 which isn't a true calculation as I have worked it out up to a point, but I dont have enough spaces on my calculator. Bearing in mind that I have not used excel since I last worked (about 3 ye...

Unable to get TextBoxes property of Worksheet Class Error
I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided to ask for help here as well. I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.) I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have anything entered before attempting to grab the...

Where can I get more toolbar icons?
I want to assign a macro to a custom toolbar button. When I click Toolbars>Options>Customise>Commands>Macros I only get on custom button available (a yellow smiley face) How can I get a selection of buttons to choose from which I can add t my "personal.xls" workbook and assign various macros to? Any help would be appreciate -- peter_ac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peter_act's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1459 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26225...

display a notification when new mail arrives
Hi Not sure if this is an Outlook or a Windows question! But here goes. Until a short while ago, I would get an 'unopened envelope' icon in the systray when new mail arrived, but now its gone.... Don't think I've done anything to change this - but it was really useful, so can anyone tell me how to put it back, thanks Dear, Tools, options, preference, Email options, advanced email options, (when new item arrive in my inbox), mark on show an envelope icon in the notification area. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you...

How do I get charts to ignore results of a formula if it equals 0
Hi, Use NA() instead of zero. Depending on your chart type the point will not be plotted. Cheers Andy ChrisRox wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How to get query to return total using wildcard
I have a query that has 3 criterion in it as follows: Business Unit, Location, Category. These criterion are all chosen by the user on a loaded form. Currently the results then are based on what is chosen from a drop down list for each of the 3 criterion. The user also wants a total option. Meaning if Business Unit is chosen, and Location and Category are not chosen (or if a wildcard is chosen) the result returns a total based on that Business Unit. How do I write this in the query? You have to use a union query, one part for details and the other for the totals. Use cri...

OWA Three logins/The Folder can't be displayed
I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three login prompts. The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed folder results in those three login prompts again. An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted. They were either moved, already deleted, or access was denied." Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this action." Closing and reop...

where do i get a SIPOC diagram template?
Try http://www.asq.org/sixsigma/tools-exchange/tools-templates.html John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm Visio Wishlist http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07A221F0-E904-49FC-99BE-FA2848A54527@microsoft.com... > On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:45:01 -0800, Carlos <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >where do i get a SIPOC diagram template? Google enter "SIPOC Visio template" gives you...

How do I get rid of graphics edge marks that print?
MSOffice2003, Publisher, I'm printing words and graphics. The edges of the graphics frame that is supposed to not print is printing. I have changed the order and re-pasting. I have checked to see that "Printer's Crop Marks" is not checked. Nothing seems to work. The faint line still appears. Are they your graphics or MS's? Can you tell me which one specifically? Let me see if I can reproduce it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kimberly" <kimberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD4108D-CCF8-421B-A35A-9C9BE82F70E...

Images on Forms
Does anyone know if an image can be added to a form? For example, we'd like to put an image of our 3-party supplier items on their records in the product catalog. I'm currently going down the path of the IFRAME and linking to the supplier website, but I'd like something cleaner. I'm on 3.0 currently but will be upgrading to 4.0 soon, so if it can be in 4.0 I can wait. Thanks. -- BC My suggestion would be to add you image as a note from the related record and retrieve it at-runtime using client side script (web service call) or any custom aspx page from a menu entry...

How do I get Email send and receive into my primary mailbox?
My email inbox/outbox is in a folder other than personal folders. I would like to send and receive from the primary mailbox account. "RGS" <RGS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE97C1A5-70B8-43C7-B00C-894AFE9C4D3A@microsoft.com... > My email inbox/outbox is in a folder other than personal folders. I would > like to send and receive from the primary mailbox account. And what email might that be? And what do you mean by the "primary email account"? Outlook sends from the default email account by err, default! What type of email acct do you ...

Getting error with Sample Quote Report in SQL 2000
I have downloaded the "quote, order, Invoice sample report" from www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery. The reports work fine on my VM (latest version) with SQL 2005 but it gives a SQL error on another VM with SQL 2000 SP 4. Normal built in reports work fine in this VM. Has anyone tried these sample reports on SQL 2000. I am desparately trying to resolve this issue. Our client wants a custom quote in their application and they are using SBE with SQL 2000. Please help! We have resolved this issue. We had this problem since we tried to modify the quote report on our local machine using the ...

Get Object ID of selected records
Hi, Is there any way to get object ID of all selected records from view. I need to pass objectId of all selected records to 3rd part site in query string on button click in CRM. Thanks, Pankaj Rana ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

How do I get the WORKDAY function?
I am trying to translate a successful Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet into Excel. It ain't easy! I typed =WORKDAYS and #NAME? popped up. This is just one frustration among many I've had with this "leading product" I don't speak Lotus, but there is an =Workday() in the analysis toolpak (along with =networkday()). Excel's help for =workday() explains how to load the analysis toolpak. jorfo wrote: > > I am trying to translate a successful Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet into Excel. It > ain't easy! I typed =WORKDAYS and #NAME? popped up. > This is just one...

How to get money to attempt to balace account again
Hi, When I got money 2004 Deluxe, first couple of times that I downloaded transactions, I got this dialogue box that Money was not able to balace the account. After the second time I checked the box that said something to the effect "do not attempt to balace account in the future". How do I get Money to reattempt this again? Would this take a registry edit? Thanks This is for M03: you navigate to Tools > Options > Online Services tab > check 'Automatically mark accepted transactions as reconciled'. You'll also need the 'Automatically accept all dow...

I can't get SQL Server Express to start
I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting sand now it's stopped and I can't seem to get it to run again. Thanks, Allen What does the Windows event log say? Did you change the SQL Server service account, or have you changed your login password? Those are a couple of the usual suspects. "allenc" <twice.redeemed@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0e0e7bdf-6579-4ba6-a225-8a938dc836d8@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I downloaded it an it was running, then I messed with some setting > sand now it's stopped and I can't...

Display a range of dates in a calendar
How can I show a range of dates in a pop-up calendar ?? Let´s say I want to show the range between 2010-03-10 and 2010-04-02 with a different color than the other dates in the calendar. How to do ??? -- Thanks in advance for Your help Have a look at the Flex Grid Appointment-Bookings Demo at :- http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4 Peter Hibbs. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:32:01 -0700, Leif Thorsen <LeifThorsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I show a range of dates in a pop-up calenda...

How to store an image in a xml file
Hi, Actually I would like to store an image file(bmp, gif, jpg, ...) in a XML file. So i was thinking about using a UUENCODING or a base64 and it shouldn't be difficult to do. Ex : <?xml version="1.0" ?> <resource version="0.1"> <object class="PictureBox"> <Data type="bmp">$^$^"�'$'^$"^'$�^'$�'$�'$^$'�^'$^</Data> </object> My problem is to reload this file because once I have read the UUENCODE and decoded the file I will have a full image in MEMORY. But ...

get "Program File" folder with SHGetSpecialFolderPath on Win98?
Hi, I use "SHGetSpecialFolderPath" with "CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES " tag to get "Program Files" folder. Everything looks fine until I tested on Win98 with IE5.5. I only can get "\", not "c:\program files" On MSDN, I found "CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES : Version 5.0. Program Files folder. A typical path is C:\Program Files. " I clicked "version 5.0", and found : "Internet Explorer 5 does not update the Shell, so version 5.0 of Shell32.dll will not be found on Windows NT, Windows 95, or Windows 98 systems. " So, how can I get...

Subform Not Displaying Datasheet View
Hello, I have an unbound subform contained in one tab of a 2 tab control. When the subform is requery'd after using the RecordSource property, it is displayed in a form format rather than a datasheet format. Any suggestions on how to format properly? Thanks in advance for your assistance. aerotjk Hi, Check that you set default view of sub form to datasheet. -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "AEROTJK" <AEROTJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C233C15B-2510-49CB-A8F2-...