CAnimateCtrl::Open( ***Load from resource-only DLLs***)

Hi All;
How to load resource (AVI) from a resource-only Dll?
CAnimatedCtrl::Open. accepts only ID.
BOOL Open(
   UINT nID
);
CAnimateCtrl::Open( ***Load from resource-only DLLs***)

Thank You.

0
renato (5)
10/20/2003 11:55:31 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Renato Tegon Forti" <renato@dynamic-e.net> wrote in message
> Hi All;
> How to load resource (AVI) from a resource-only Dll?
> CAnimatedCtrl::Open. accepts only ID.
> BOOL Open(
>    UINT nID
> );
> CAnimateCtrl::Open( ***Load from resource-only DLLs***)

You might could SendMessage it an ACM_OPEN or use the Animate_OpenEx macro,
both of which support an HINSTANCE as of cc version 4.71.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)

Outlook not receiving emails until another is sent or opened?
I have users on Microsoft Outlook XP and 2003 (with Exchange 5.5) who do not receive emails when they are sent. They will receive them only when they either send an email or open another previously received email. We have had this issue a few times and are unable to come up with a solution. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:07:04 -0800, Ed Panzeter wrote: > I have users on Microsoft Outlook XP and 2003 (with Exchange 5.5) who do not > receive emails when they are sent. They will receive them only when they > either send an email or open another previously received email. We have had ...

Preventing IE8 to open .xls with OpenOffice but with Excel
How can I prevent IE8 to open an .xls file with OpenOffice but with Microsoft Excel? Thx Change the default application for .xls to Excel. My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types -or- Right-click an .xls file > Open With... > select Excel > check mark in 'Always use the selected program to open this type of file' --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Roger wrote: > How can I prevent IE8 to open an .xls file with OpenOffice but with Microsoft > Excel? Thx ...

cant load ie8
just reformatted my hardrive and reinstalled windows vista and using windows update updated all windows information. now i try to load ie8 it says i need an update. when i go to update says i don't need one. thanks And that update would be...? HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220 No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage (only) is available via telephone (based on your locale) through 31 December 2009. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain environment. => US &a...

Opening an Excel file from a Userform
Hi all, I need some code that will allow me to open an Excel Workbook from a command button I have placed on my Userform. My Userform form has various command buttons that allow me to open Word documents, and I need the equivalent that will allow me to now open Excel files as well. This is an example of the code that sits under a command button that will allow me to open a Word document. Private Sub cmdShowDocument1_Click() Call OpenFile("C:\Document1.doc") End Sub .... and this is the called function. Public Sub OpenFile(ByVal File_Name As String) Dim OpenFileVar OpenFileVa...

Publisher 2002 won't open or insert any pic files
Got new computer...running XP professional...reloaded my publisher 2002 and now it won't import any of my .eps, jpeg, files, etc. Dialog box comes up and asks what to convert the file from. It never did this before. Any ideas??? Have you installed the Publisher 2002 Service Releases. Sounds like you have not. go to http://officeupdate.microsoft.com -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>... > go to http://officeupdate.microsoft.com Or even to http://office.microsoft.com -- Ed Bennet...

error loading dll
I'm running Office '98 on a mac, trouble free for years. Recently experienced bizarre behavior following "error in loading dll". Some files don't load, the computer may hang, and the statistics tool disappeared. Worse, the problem spread to my similarly configured home computer. Is there some old virus that I was lucky enough to miss first time around? Please respond to jmcgowan@usna.edu. Cheers, Joe ...

File type default for {File
I open a large number of files in Excel from within the application to force the Text Import Wizard to run. The "Files of Type" is always the default "All Microsoft Excel Files". It would be wonderful if I could make the default "All Files (*.*). I have searched for a solution but found nothing. Is there a way? Can anyone help? GetOpenFilename Method See Also Applies To Example Specifics Displays the standard Open dialog box and gets a file name from the user without actually opening any files. expression.GetOpenFilename(FileFilter, FilterIndex, Ti...

Cannot load
This may not be the forum; but all of a sudden today when I try to acess Excel from the main I receive notice that something or other cannot locate the what ever to load Excel. All files are there, and I was able acces by going on line. What gives or who should I seek out. Ron Take the what ever and install it on the thinga-jiggy. ~~~Sorry...but if you don't provide specific details, we can't provide specific resolutions. :) ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "book12" <book12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8967...

My Outlook Express program has recently begun opening very slowly. Any ideas on the problem and how to relolve it? Thanks, Gary This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&a...

how can i open pocket excel files when copying to my laptop
i have pocket excel files which i have copied to my laptop. they won't open because i can't find a reader for the .pxl extension. has anybody solved this yet? ...

Need help opening an Access DB using CDaoDatabase
When trying to open an existing Access DB (.mdb) I get the following exception: "Unrecognized database format 'C:\path...\database.mdb' I am trying to use CDaoDatabase as follows: CDaoDatabase m_accessDb; m_accessDb.Open("C:\\path...\\database.mdb"); Invoking the Open member function throws the DAO exception. Thanks in advance, Jim "Jim Fleming" <jimfleming@charter.net> wrote in message news:10n5t7cri98137a@corp.supernews.com... > When trying to open an existing Access DB (.mdb) I get the following > exception: > > "Unrecognized d...

Windows cannot open Microsoft Outlook.lnk
I have just recovered from a major windows fault but when trying to open Outlook I get the message in the title above. I have lost my shortcut mechanism! Can anyone help please -- kjd http://forums.slipstick.com ...

IE keep saying "Opening page..." for ActiveX with async property
I tried posting this question to microsoft.public.vc.mfcole, but apparently that is an area only suitable for getting answers to simplistic questions. I've not gotten one response for questions I've posted there. I'm hoping there is some knowledgeable, sharing guru in this area that can help... I have a problem that is related to having an asynchronous property in a an ActiveX control that is used on a web page. If you build the MFC ActiveX Control App Wizard project and put it on a page, no problem--IE will load up and the "Opening page..." message wil...

Install fails due to error opening a Registry Key
When I try to install on a new copy of WinXP Publisher 2002 which has previously run ok, it stops and states that perhaps I am not the administrator (not true) and that it can't open the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.pps\PersistantHandler I can see this key is not set on my machine, as I have no other office products installed now. Do a virus/malware scan. I tried finding a definitive answer for you, I read many articles, most of which seemed to suggest a scan would help. Has Publisher 2002 been installed on this computer before? Are you overwriting ...

Open file created in previous version
I'm having difficulty opening a file that was created in Publisher 2002 - I presently have 2007 installed Maybe some help here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:681BDEBB-997C-4EA2-9DE7-7CB225685E92@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty opening a file that was created in Publisher 2002 - > I > presently have 2007 installed ...

Publisher 98 will not load
I had to recover my HP Pavilion and after the recovery I can't run Publisher 98, qs98.dll is corrupt where can I find a copy of this file. I tried using advanced recovery for the specific file and it could not be found on the HP recovery disk. The path is c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\Quill. The file exists on my hard drive, but I think I'll need to replace it. Thanks PUB98: Illegal Operation Error Message Starting Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198029 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org...

Problem with Outlook 2002 to open attatch files
Could you please help ?? When I try to open an attach file even if is in my Personal folder or in my Exchange mailbox it take 2 till 3 minites to open it. This problem is frequent with Excel files. Any advises are well comes in order to solve this problem. thanks in advance NB : I'm using Office XP SP3 and OS : W2000 SP4 ...

AppleScript to keep Office 2004 or X from opening files and database on wrong drive?
I've noticed that immediately after I've cloned volumes to the backup internal hard drive with Retrospect's "Duplicate" feature, the first time I click on a Word or Excel file alias, it leads to the wrong drive. It seems that that the files on the backup drive at that point might be seen by OS 10.3.x (and Office) as newer/more recent than what's on the primary drive from which they've been cloned.. I was told that there "always" have been "minor issues" with Retrospect and aliases. Unfortunately, I learned from experience that "minor&qu...

I want links in email to open new Explorer window
When I click on a hyperlink in an email in Outlook it changes the Explorer window last opened to the site I clicked on in the email. What I would like is that when I click on a link in an email, I want it to open a brand new Explorer window so I don't lose the site I had already opened. Otherwise, I have to open an Explorer window before I link to the site, so i don't lose the site I'm at and have to go back to it. Help! Thank you. In IE, Tools->Options->Advanced Tab. Check "Browse in New Window" or whatever verbiage your version uses. --� Milly Staples ...

not enough resources
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when I o...

Bitmap-Icons in Resource
Hello NG, I have drawn some icons in the correct sizes and color depth as bitmap files. Now I want to overwrite the existing programme icons in Visual Studio ..NET 2003. I only can copy and paste one into the existing opened icon. But some color definitions are not copied (e.g. white gets yellow). Is there another way to include my bitmaps as icons into the project resource? Or how can I keep the original color table? Thanx for help, Guido Franzke It's better to replace the icon file, instead of coping and pasting every single image type into the icon file using the Resource editor. ...

Calendars as Resources in Meeting Appointments
By following the directions on slipstick.com under the topic of Outlook 2000 and later (direct booking) ( http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm ) I now have the calendar create, autoaccepting requests and working. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to set it to NOT accept mail as suggested in this paragraph: <quote> TIP: Using your Exchange Server administration tool, set the mailbox to not accept messages from anyone. A distribution list or security group is good for this.) That way, if users forget and add the resource as a required or optional attendee, the requ...

Multiple Forms for Data Entry; re-loading data
Hi All, I have 15 forms set up to enter data in Excel which then gets stored in a hidden worksheet in the workbook. Right now it is set up so that the user can scroll through all 15 forms, enter the data, and then they are prompted to save to the database, which copies all the data over and erases the forms. I think it will be useful to allow them to re-load the data they've already entered, in case they need to make changes. So I'm imagining some kind of drop box or something that will display all the IDs associated with the information they've entered, and then they...

OL 2000 Hangs at Opening
Dear Friends: My outlook 2000 running on Win98 is constantly hanging or "freezing" whenever I try to open it. I have been re-booting and this hasn't helped. I also tried renaming the outcmd.dat file with Outlook closed and then trying to re-open. This didn't work either Does anyone know what's wrong or have any suggestions about how I might try to fix it? I reinstalled MS Office 2000 as well as SR1a and SP3 and am still having trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really frustrated. Thanks. - Bill Murphy bill@peaknow.com 610-529-6494 .. ...

I can't open Office Data File from CDs
Dear technical experts, I have been facing a security problem with Microsoft Outlook files. I exported Outlook items into Office outlook files (with the extension is .pst). The exported files were firstly saved on my computer (different path and location in comparison with default path of Office Outlook files in Documents and Settings). I can open my exported files easily. Because the size of outlook items is very large, I would like to save Office outlook files on another storage device in stead of using hard drives of my computer. I made copy these files to a flash drive (USB dri...