Can't Eliminate Client Edge

I have a window derived from CWnd. I added the following code:

int CPane::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct)
{
    // Create our window
    lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle = lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle &
~WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE;
    if (CWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1)
        return -1;
    // Etc.

Yes, the window appears with a visible client edge. And if I use Spy++, it
reports that the window has the WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE style.

I even tried calling SetWindowLong but that has no effect.

Does anyone have any ideas why my window insists on having a client edge?

Thanks!

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits

0
jwood (1292)
12/9/2004 7:47:49 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nevermind, I found some additional code that was changing this.

--

"Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message
> I have a window derived from CWnd. I added the following code:
>
> int CPane::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct)
> {
>     // Create our window
>     lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle = lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle &
> ~WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE;
>     if (CWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1)
>         return -1;
>     // Etc.
>
> Yes, the window appears with a visible client edge. And if I use Spy++, it
> reports that the window has the WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE style.
>
> I even tried calling SetWindowLong but that has no effect.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why my window insists on having a client edge?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jonathan Wood
> SoftCircuits
> http://www.softcircuits.com
> Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm

0
jwood (1292)

outlook client with another user
hi, i wish to install outlook crm client on a PC on the domain, loggued with the user X, BUT parametred with the account Y (Y is a CRM user). I tried. Installation is OK but when i open outlook, it doesnt work. i think it use the account X "connected" but i want outlook use the account Y... I try to be clear but.... (MS CRM V 3.0 / Outlook 2003) tks Merci. Mary The Outlook client makes profile specific changes and thius must be installed while User Y is logged into the machine. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mary" <glups@hotmail.com> wrote in mess...

Exch2003 caching mode client folder size different on local & server?
Hi there, Server side Exch2003sp1, client side OL2003sp1 on WXPSP2 with caching mode. From the client, if I check the folder size, local & sever are different in which local > server. If I check those subfolders which different in size, all of them have the same no. of items in the folders, i.e. no missing items from server side. Then how come the folder size not the same? Is there anything wrong? How to fix it? Many thanks! Things tend to grow a bit in PST/OST storage because the compression technique isn't as efficient as Exchange. Nothing is wrong when seeing this ...

email via web client ?
How does Dynamics CRM handles all incoming/outgoing emails via web client ? Are those logged under customer history as well (like outlook client ) ? thanks Ougoing emails are sent via SMTP and logged under history. Incoming emails will only come into CRM via the CRM Exchange Email Router service "JT" wrote: > How does Dynamics CRM handles all incoming/outgoing emails via web client ? > Are those logged under customer history as well (like outlook client ) ? > thanks > > > thanks David. So is it possible via the web client too ...? I mean the incomin...

Resetting default client
Hi, I messed up and allowed Yahoo email to become my default email client. How do I change it back so MS Outlook is the default? Thank you! Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab. Drop to set the default mail client is near the top. "stuff" <Howie@*S*P*A*M*AetosCentric.COM> wrote in message news:u0YXvrjqEHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I messed up and allowed Yahoo email to become my default email client. > > How do I change it back so MS Outlook is the default? > > Thank you! > > > Thank y...

IIS authentication configuration/web client login issues
I have a fresh install of CRM 1.2 Suite Professional w/ 5 MSDN partner licenses. - Win2K Active Directory domain users can authenticate to the CRM web client only when IIS is configured for basic authentication. Unfortunately, with basic authentication, I can not view users within User Manager (User Manager: The server localhost is not responding. ... you know the rest of the message) nor can I publish customizations (CRMsrvr: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server). - In order for me to view users within User Manager and publish customizations I must enabl...

Eliminate unused columns
I have a table of columns of data per week, which I convert to a table of columns of data per month. This leaves 3 or 4 blank columns between the months. Is there a simple way to consolidate the month columns into a contiguous region, eliminating the unused columns between the month columns? Or... is there a smarter way to do the conversion than sum across an fill down? One approach is to use a macro: if your empty columns are completely empty you could use this macro. Hit Alt-F11, Click Insert/Module (check the project window to make sure your workbook is the active project before...

Problems Upgrading To New Outlook Client
I had the original Outlook Sales client properly synchronizing the appropriate data when I went offline. I did a complete Outlook Sales client uninstall and installed the new Outlook client and now when I go offline no data (contact, account info) comes across although field and tab customizations do come across. I have all of the server components running on one pc which is running SBS 2000 with all of the service packs applied. I have been working with Microsoft tech support on this for 2 days and have done about 5 uninstall\reinstalls. Anyone else seen this and\or have any ideas as to w...

When I use no margins, white edges still appear in printing. How .
How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser printer? Hi Pub (Pub @discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser || printer? Because your printer cannot print to the edge. This is a limitation of your printer, and Publisher can only print to the printer's limitations. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Need help on setting up Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Outlook!
I've recently moved my CRM Server to the new server outside of my LAN, it had a static IP address and be able to connect through Web Browser. But when I setup the Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Outlook on my laptop to use Outlook to synchronize with CRM, I had a problem. After installing Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Outlook and run Outlook, the error message appeared: "There is a problem communicating with the CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.", and the MS CRM icon on the task show &...

Problem in erasing Client area
Hi Everybody, In my application, i want to erase the particular rectangle area in the client area. I tried using "InvalidateRect()" function. But finally i got the result as erasing of whole screen. Please give some suggestions regarding that. Actually when we call InvalidateRect function, it invokes the OnPaint() method. In OnPaint() method how can we get the rect region that specified in InvalidateRect() ? Regards, Prakash. Prakash wrote: > Actually when we call InvalidateRect function, it invokes the OnPaint() > method. In OnPaint() method how can we get the rect regi...

Hub to Edge in E2K7
Hey guys, So I have a setup of E2K7 up and running. Internal mail flows without issue. There is a single box acting as the Client access, hub and mailbox server and a separate bos acting as the edge. I have completed the edge subscription process and all seemed successful without issue. My problem is that I can't get mail to flow from the hub to the edge... atleast that's how it appears. I can see the messages in the queue on the hub in queue viewer and they list the delivery type as "SMTP Relay in Active Directory site to Edge Transport Server". From the hub I...

MS CRM Client for Outlook on Home Edition
I can install the CRM 3.0 Outlook clients on a Windows XP home edition? Lorenzo Soncini Trento - Italy Hi Lorenzo, Windows XP Home Edition is not a supported operating system for CRM Client. For supported configurations and details, please see the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en -- Best Regards, Eric Chen [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lorenzo Soncini" <lorenzo.soncini@technoservice.com> wrote in message...

debug on client's computer ?
I have a VC++ application that just crashes on one tester/client's machine. It runs fine everywhere else. What are the other options to debug (on the client's machine) without installing VC++ (on the clinet's machine)? Is this possible at all? Thanks. WJ I'm not that good at stuff like that, but maybe Remote debugging: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y7f5zaaa.aspx AliR. "WJ" <WJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BB479-7517-44F5-9BF2-3A0B4FD32A6F@microsoft.com... >I have a VC++ application that just crashes on one tester/...

Personal Data Keeper Vista Client
When trying to install PDK 9.0 SP1 on a Vista machine, I get: An error occurred during the move data process -2147024894 Is there an updated version of PDK that works with Vista, or is there some way to fix this error? I'm having the same problem but on XP SP2... ------ An error occurred during the move data process -2147024894 Compnent: Personal Data Keeper program files File Group: Comm File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Personal Data Keeper\msv236.tmp ----- -- Charles "CB" Irwin Enterprise and Web Development Supervisor Auditor of State of Ohio Mary Taylor, ...

Outlook 2002 on Win/98 Client
We have an older laptop running Win/98 SE. They just upgraded the server to Small Business Server 2000. Outlook 2002 came with the server. We installed Outlook 2002 on the Win98 Laptop. I had to delete and redefine the Mail profile. Initially it worked. Now I cannot access the Address Book. When I click the "to" icon while composing mail Outlook hangs. If I delete and redefine the Mail Profile it will work - until I close down Outlook. If I close down and then re-open Outlook it somehow loses the ability to find the Address Book. Any ideas? ...

Outlook Laptop Client: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error!!!
That's very strange, and it happens many times a day(not all the time) when people click 'Opportunity' or 'Trip(Customization)' in Outlook Laptop Client. Any ideas? Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and wh...

Knowledgebase in Outlook Client
Hi all, I am wanting the Knowledgebase to show up in the Outlook Client. It shows up in the browser mode just fine. I found this page (http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayKnowledgeBaseOutlookClient.htm) which shows how to do it, and I did that process. It says it imported the changes just fine, but I still do not have the knowledgebase in the Outlook Client. We are wanting all our users to use the Outlook Client as they are used to Outlook, and know not to close that window. Having access to the knowledgebase from there is important. I have no idea why this is turned off by default. Se...

Eliminating the single quote generated
I receive files from various sources that for some reason have a single quote inserted before each cell's content except for numericals. Is there a way to globally remove those? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi try the following macro (processes the current selection): sub remove_it() dim rng as range set rng=selection with rng .value=.value end with end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mklalli >" <<mklalli.1bayo4@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mklalli.1bayo4@excelforum-nospam.com... > I receive files...

Time Zone problems at some CRM 3.0 Outlook clients
Hi All, I am facing a problems at my office. When some of the Outlook Offline Clients schedule their appointments in outlook the record which system keeps in CRM Database changes the time of these appointments. I believe some Time Zone difference is creating all this problem, but i have verified it on both Server and Client end. And time zone for both locations is same. If someone can hint something it will be highly appriciated. Regards, Usman Manzoor Hi mani, I would go into the Browser and goto settings > BusinessUnit Settings > Users. Highlight a user and goto the Tools &...

WM5 Client Alternatives
I'm using Money 2005 and have always used the Pocket PC client which does most of what I use it for. I recently upgraded my pocket device and it is Windows Mobile 5.0 based. I've tried the demo versions of SPB Finance and Inesoft Cash Organizer and am not really too impressed with either of them. They both seem to be quite feature rich but the syncing on both of them continually got hung, caused corruption in my Money file etc. . I'm wondering if that is because I'm on Money 2005 or if they are just like that. Anybody had a decent experience with a WM5 client (either of...

CRM 4 offline client install fails
I'm having an issue installing the offline client to four different laptop users. I have several that were successful and the only difference in the logs that I can pinpoint is a Database Installer Custom Action Failed error towards the end of the log. On the successful installs I do not have this message. I also have a DBAction return value of 3 (as well as INSTALL and ExecuteAction.) Please help! Thanks. Justin ...

Excel 2003 Client Safety Options #2
When trying to refresh OLAP data cube in Excel 2003 (after upgrading from XP) I get the following message: "Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source". How can I set client safety Options? Thanks ...

Eliminating Blanks
Happen that I downloaded a huge list of items from a database, somehow the list is coming with blank spaces after the item and when I try to match the items with another list it can not find it, could somebody help me to see if there is a formula or way to eliminatesblank spaces after the las digit of the item number: I.E. R1J150 End of list downloaded R1J150End of my other list. Thanks in advance for your help Fernando Gomez Fernando Depending on the layout and content of your data, you could use Find/Replace to replace the spaces with nothing! Andy. "Fernando Gomez" <...

Make outlook default mail client
How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1 Thanks, Brendan -- Disclaimer: Any comments made are personal and do not reflect the thoughts or policies of this company. Control Panel - Internet Options - Programs - pick Outlook. Brendan MAther wrote: > How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using > Outlook 2000 SR-1 > > Thanks, > Brendan thankyou "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:#D14B8OwDHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP...