Can my MFC Regular DLL run in C++ and Visual Basic?

I have an MFC based dialog application that I want
to convert to a DLL.

So, as a test, I created a simple MFC Regular DLL
that is statically linked to MFC.  The DLL has two
functions: one to add two ints and return the
result and the other to run a dialog contained in
the DLL.

I can build a simple MFC client app to test the
DLL and it works.  But when I try to run the DLL
using Visual Basic I get a 'Bad calling
convention' error. Apparently, this can be solved
by adding _stdcall to the exported functions.  As
I understand it, the problem is due to the fact
that there is a difference between the way c++ and
Visual Basic expect functions to clean up the
stack.

Questions:
1.  Is it possible to create an MFC Regular DLL
that can be used by any c, c++, MFC or Visual
Basic client application?

2.  Or do people create two versions: one using
the _cdecl convention and the other using the
_stdcall convention?

Thanks for any suggestions,
RickL

0
zlingle (9)
2/21/2004 4:10:17 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>1.  Is it possible to create an MFC Regular DLL
>that can be used by any c, c++, MFC or Visual
>Basic client application?

Yes - just specify your C/C++ functions as __stdcall.

Ensure that any 'C'/C++ callers have the same fully defined function
prototype definition in the header file you supply.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

visual basic

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

can i download lxce serv.exe

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

MFC project with my classes
I have got a project that uses MFC. I want to expand the functionality of the project by adding a few of my own classes to it. But I don't know where should I create objects of my new classes so that I can access them, I know the WinMain function resides in CWinApp class and my project has a class inherited from the CWinApp class, but where should I define my own objects I can't figure it our. Can anybody help? Adrian wrote: > I have got a project that uses MFC. I want to expand the functionality > of the project by adding a few of my own classes to it. But I don't > kno...

Visual C++ 2005 always rebuilds
I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. However now the project always rebuilds entirely whenever I start debugging. Even if I have only made a simple change to one file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Colin Check the date on your source files to make sure that they are not in the future. AliR. "Colin J Paterson" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message news:ObtLxgTbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. > However now the project always rebuild...

Can't configure Outlook Express

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

MS Access 2007 code not running

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

mfc project not compile in visual studio 2008
I made a mfc project using wizard in visual studio 2008 and it didn`t compile,. i didn`t add anything, just made it as it should be. i tried changing _WIN32_WINNT and WINVER 0x0600 but it just resulted in another errors. i also reinstalled my vs 2008, but it didn`t help. For more informations i have win xp sp2 and freshly installed microsoft visual studio 2008 in a default way. errors: 1>stdafx.cpp 1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\atlmfc\include\winnt.h(3019) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ContextRecord' 1>c:\progr...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Out of Office
I have a problem when I try to set up my "out of office" message. I use Outlook 2003 and have XP Professional. I do not have an exchange server so I have to emulate it - which I did. So.........when I leave for vacation, I have to leave my computer on and Outlook running to have the "Out of Office" message sent to any incoming emails. This seems crazy to me. I run a small business from my home - so what happens if the power goes off on the first day of vacation - then I have no out of office message going to clients. Is there any way around this?? Thanks in a...