Can I create a CScrollView popup window?

Hi,

My application displays video from a firewire camera.
The video is displayed in a CScrollView derived window
that I create in CMainFrame::OnCreate() like this:

m_pImageView = new CImageView;
m_pImageView->Create(NULL, NULL, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE,
   rClient, this, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST, NULL))

Now, when the user stops the video, they can click a toolbar
button that pops up a CWnd derived window that displays all of
the image data on a particular line of video. So, if the camera
is spewing out 8-bits per pixel in the 800x600 mode, the popup
window would display the 800 bytes associated with whatever
line of video is currently selected by the user. When the user
moves a line up and down in the main window the data changes.

Everything to this point works great.

Problem:
I would like to add a vertical scroll bar to the popup window
and I think I could do this manually by adding a CScrollBar
to the CWnd derived CDataView class, etc. But I wondering
if I could change the CDataView to derive from CScrollView.

That seems like a problem because I want a WS_POPUP
window not a WS_CHILD and also, I'm not sure what to do
about that AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST parameter.

Question:
Is is possible to create a CScrollView popup window that
behaves similar to a modeless dialog?

Thanks for any suggestions..
RickL

0
nospam2504 (11)
3/20/2005 7:50:48 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

creating contacts and email activities problem
Hey all! Can anyone please tell me why in crm 1.2 when I create a "new" contact it greats 2 of them in Accounts ? And can you tell me why it create 2 emails in history when I run an email activity? Does it do this in 3.0 or is there a why to fix it now ? We have some serious emailing questions for this at the moment and would really like to see them fixed by at least 3.0 I've been trying to pull all the information I can on the function of the outlook email system and CRM, but it's getting a little confusing. Do I need to have people use a special email address for me ...

How can you add the same data series to all charts in a workbook
I have numerous charts on separate worksheets in one workbook and would like to add the same data series to all the charts. I have tried highlighting all the worksheets and adding the series to no avail. I'd save your workbook, just in case this doesn't work as I think it should. You can select the series in the chart that includes the series and copy the formula for the series. It looks something like =SERIES(...) Paste that in each chart you want to add it to. "MBubier" <MBubier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF363BA3-47A2-4364-89D8-02A60...

how can I call the default drawing in owner draw
I have a CTabCtrl and want to do owner draw on it. But I just want to owner draw a part of the CTabCtrl, i.e. I just want to remove the bottom border edge of CTabCtrl, and I want the other part of CTabCtrl untouched. But how can I write the code to let other part(tab, left/right border) draw themselves same as MS do? Can MS let us call the default drawing functions of CTabCtrl? ...

Create new Contacts folder and populate it from Access
I use Access to manage my membership data. I'd like to generate an new Access mailing list everytime I send out a newsletter, using a vba module. That module will create a MailingList table. I'd like add some code to that module to open Outlook, create a new Contacts folder, and populate that new folder with the address in my new MailingList table. Can anyone please point me to some vba automation code that will give me the syntax to create a new Contacts folder and then populate it with an Access table? I already have some code to instantiate Outlook, so that's ...

How can I add polka dots to my art in Publisher?
I like to make art for screen printing using Publisher. Yesterday I clicked on something that brought up some designs like stripes, polka dots and such. Today I can't find it. Can someone help me out? Thanks! If you are coloring a shape, right click on it, click format auto shape, and on the colors and lines tab, under fill in the drop-down menu for color, click on fill effects, then the tab for patterns. You can then choose a pattern and the foreground and background colors for the pattern. -- Carrot Top "thagstands4" wrote: > I like to make art for screen printing...

Can multiple versions of Money coexist on a PC?
I'm running Money 2004 but have a copy of M 2005 someone gave me. WIth all I've read here I don't want to replace M 2004 with M 2005. I'd like to run them in parallel until I see if I prefer the newer version, based on all I've read here. Is it possible to install M 2005 on a machine with M 2004 and have them run separately? Yes you can. You should install 2005 in a different directory to 2004. Downloads direct from your bank will go to the newer version by default. When you run Money, you need to make sure you open the correct file with the correct version - ie do...

Window Position of detail form
Hi NG, How can I define the position of any detail-form opening from an account-list, contact-list, ... I have two monitors to show my desktop. The main form is always left, the detail forms are always anywhere on the right monitor. I haven't found any settings in web.config for that. TIA Stefan hmmmm I wonder how much testing was done with multi monitor support. Any MS people want to dive in and answer as much budget does not stretch to two monitors :-) -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Stefan Rau...

creating a chart #2
Hello, I'm trying to create a chart that will mimic the candlestick chart but it does not use a timeline. Instead of displaying the timeline along the X-axis, it will show the thickness of the sheet. Sample data available as follow : 1st data set: Thickness: 0.010 Min: 10 Max: 15 2nd data set: Thickness: 0.013 Min: 10 Max: 25 3rd data set: Thickness: 0.025 Min: 15 Max: 35 The chart will display the "Thickness" along the X-axis and the "Soak Range" (Min and Max) along the Y-axis. Microsoft Excel require several variable to create a stock chart, namely: Open, Hi...

Money2000/Windows XP
I purchased a new computer because the motherboard died on my old computer. The harddrive from my old computer is however intact. My old computer used Windws 2000. I have installed the old harddrive in my new computer as a second harddrive but are unable to open MS Money. Unfortunately I have no backup of the MS Money info. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, <robertzcz@aol.com> wrote: >I purchased a new computer because the motherboard died >on my old computer. The harddrive from my old computer is >however intact. My old computer used Windws 2000. I have >installe...

why can't I organize back ground pages
My files typically have 40 pages, 10 of which are backgrounds. Foreground pages can be re ordered. Why can't background pages??? -- Barry ------=_NextPart_0001_459D3752 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit As you have seen, the background pages are not re-orderable. This is normal behavior, and all pages designated as Background pages will be placed at the end of the page list, in the order they were created. If you are trying to create a template and want the pages to appear in a specific order, simply create them in the order you want them to appear. Note t...

Can I download my Outlook Web Access email into Outlook Express?
Hello I use Outlook Web Access hosted at work on an Exchange server. But it is a real pain because it takes about ten minutes just to log on. i would prefer to download my messages to Outlook Express. I know how to download Hotmail into Outlook Express. Is it possible to do the same with emails on an Exchange server - I connect using https://xyz/exchange I cannot connect on port 110 - so can not directly get pop3 mail. But wondered if I could download my web mail somehow. Angus Comber ac@NOSPAMiteloffice.com Afraid not, if you want it in Outlook Express see if your Exchange Adminis...

I can't recieve new mail from one contact
I can't recieve new mail from one specific contact. I can recieve replys from him but any new messages that he sends do not go through. We have redone the address in the address book but this dod not help. Any thoughts? "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:940407C9-8272-42BA-8524-13C1773AA843@microsoft.com... > I can't recieve new mail from one specific contact. I can recieve replys > from him but any new messages that he sends do not go through. We have > redone the address in the address book but this dod not help. ...

I Can not trecover my messages
Hi Dear sir/... I have win xp sp1 with outlook 2003. I have my old user data on a cd....( for example : outlook.pst and archive.pst and...) when i removing my old data - & install a fresh win xp and outlook 2003 - i can not recover my old file . System says to me : it is not a outlook data file. or you have not any access to this file. My file size : 277 MB Name : outlook.pst I have total user data... It is very important for me to recover my data as soon as Please tell me with this email : ali_mahoutchian@yahoo.com or answer to my problem here . thanks a lot. i am very sorry for b...

Can't save messages to hard drive from Outlook 2000 with Exchange 5.5
When I try to copy emails (with attachments) to a folder on my desktop I get an error that says " An error occured while copying file" Every once in a while a file will copy but there seems no rhyme or reason to it. Files without attachments will copy fine. I can move the emails between folders in my in box but I have the same problems trying to archive the files or trying to copy them to personal folders. I have office service pack 3 installed. I CAN open the files up one by one and "save as" and they will save but that is ridiculous. Usually I see this as a...

hidden window
When I click on 'send/receive' I used to see a small window showing a list of message titles as they are being received. For some reason, this window has dissappeared. Can anyone tell me how to get it back please? Thanks Mike You must have chosen to hide that dialogue box. When you send and receive, you can see the progress on a task bar in the lower right-hand corner of Outlook. Left-click on it and click on details. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Mike Newman" wrote: > When I click on 'sen...

Is there a forum for Windows 7?
I don't find it in the news group listings. "TonyS" <wont@now.com> wrote in message news:O7FIt9afKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I don't find it in the news group listings. As posted here many times - you DID do some searching first? Windows 7 Forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/ Non MS News group: alt.windows7.general "TonyS" <wont@now.com> wrote in message news:O7FIt9afKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I don&...

Can new cases check for contracts
Is it possible for me to configure CRM to check for an active contract whenever a new case is created for a customer? Ideally I would still like to create a new case if their contract has expired, but with some sort of warning. The only way to do this (and probably the best way) is to make the contract a required field. If you have cases that don't use contracts, then you can use a drop-down field for case type (such as Contract Case, Hourly Case, Admin Case, etc.) and put a javascript onchange event on the case type field so when the Contract Case type is selected, it turns the Co...

Can You Uninstall From Safe Mode
Is it possible to uninstall Exchange 2003 while running in safe mode? We rebooted an Exchange server, that hosts no mailboxes or folders, and it only makes it to the Applying Computer Settings... splash screen. We have let it sit at this for half an hour and it never went further, but we are able to login with Safe Mode with Networking. If it is not possible to uninstall Exchange through safe mode, can you tell us where to find good documentation on how to manually remove all necessary traces of the Exchange server from Active Directory and not corrupt our Exchange settings? Thank yo...

XP-32 can't read dynamic disk set after Win7 install
I've got XP Pro 32-bit, XP x64 installed and did a clean install of Win7 Pro. I have a couple of dynamic disks which have stripe and volume sets on them. Win7 apparently "touched" them in some way and XP 32-bit can't read them. Trying to "reactivate" in Disk Management produces errors in the event logs of "Format Error was found in configuration copy" and "Internal Error: The disk group contains no valid configuration copies". Now, XP x64 can read the dynamic disks just fine (as well as Win7 which continues t...

Window's style
What's WS_OVERLAPPED-style window? Especially compared to WS_POPUP-style window? When to create such kind of windows? "A child window will always obscure it's parent." What does it mean by "obscure" here? Have a newly created window to be in one of only three styles: WS_OVERLAPPED, WS_POPUP and WS_CHILD? Thanks! "Asapi" <Asapi@net.net> wrote in message news:bbbCb.181917$Ec1.6861663@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > What's WS_OVERLAPPED-style window? Especially compared to WS_POPUP-style > window? When to create such kind of...

Can't print one check
Hi For some reason, if there is only one check to be printed, the 'Print Checks' option does not show up. I need to have at least 2 checks in the queue before I can print anything. Is there some option that I can set to print a single check Thanks in advance Noree MS Money 2000 ver 8.0 on Windows 98 Is there some option that I can set to print a single check? NO >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >For some reason, if there is only one check to be printed, the 'Print Checks' option does not show up. I need to have at least 2 checks in the queue before I c...

Cannot create an outlook profile
I'm running outlook 2000. I am not able to setup an outlook profile. I've tried Control panel -> Mail -> but I'm directed to setup an internet account. I'm not getting the profile screen discussed here. Can anyone help? Misy <mroussell2@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm running outlook 2000. I am not able to setup an > outlook profile. I've tried Control panel -> Mail -> but > I'm directed to setup an internet account. I'm not > getting the profile screen discussed here. Your Outlook is configured as Internet Mode Only, which...

Creat a spreedsheet with moving rows?
I am firefighter who has been given a project that I hoping someone here can help me with. I have worked with Microsoft Access quite a bit, but I think Excel is better for this project. I have made an inventory progam in Access that seems fairly complicated, to me at least. So my BC was hoping I could put something together for an overtime staffing list. I do not know VBA. Below is brief summary of what I am trying to accomplish. We have 3 separate personnel lists from which to hire overtime when nessasry, one for each rank of Captain, Operator, and Firefighter. People are listed in order...

Can't Open Microsoft Outlook #2
I can't open my outlook because I get the 'identity switch cancelled' error message. Has anyone seen this before? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgro...

Can the MSDE CRM Outlook databse by upgraded to SQL Express 2005?
I am planning on upgrading everything I have to SQL 2005 in the next couple of weeks. Can the MSDE CRM Outlook databse by upgraded to SQL Express 2005? Also can the SQL 2000 database on the CRM server be upgraded to SQL 2005? CRM seems to be extremely fragle and very dependent on a specific environment. When I was running CRM 1.0 adding the .NET framework 1.1 in a side by side configuration with .Net Framework 1.0 and that killed CRM 1.0. I ended up flattening the server and rebuilding it from scratch when that happened to get it going again. I purchased several versions of Crystal Rep...