C++ MFC reporting

Does anyone know of a reporting package or components available for use from
a C++/MFC application that does NOT require COM.

I am searching for an alternative to Crystal Reports that we use currently.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

0
tonyng2 (4)
8/23/2004 8:58:23 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Here are a couple of links that may be useful:

http://www.livewarepub.com/products2.htm
http://www.mpassociates.gr/software/catalog/prog/reportwrite.html

Tom

"Tony" <tonyng2@spacecommand.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a reporting package or components available for use
from
> a C++/MFC application that does NOT require COM.
>
> I am searching for an alternative to Crystal Reports that we use
currently.

> Any info would be greatly appreciated.

0
tserface (3861)

ActiveX control on win32 console MFC DIALOG box
Hi all, I am trying to include thirdparty activex control on mfc dialog box of win 32 console application with mfc support. Dialog box could not with with this control. without this it is working fine. What might be the cause? If I choose MFC Dialog box application, it is working fine. What are the differences between these two applications? I added activex control by using : project | add to project | components and controls option. Thanks in advance. Regards, John. ...

Excel Templates / Files as Reports?
Hello, we're desperately trying to find a solution to publish customized reports in CRM 3.0 (we've had the Customizatrion Course, but we didn't really discuss much in there). For us, a report in this case is a customized print-out of the data of *one single* contact (the printed version of the contact that is printed when pressing the printer-button in a given contact prints out several pages and does not help us much). From all we found so far, it appears we have to edit a report as an ..rdl-file in Visual Studio .net 2K3 (MS Development Environment Center) and then upl...

manual Control Messages in MFC
I m sure someone done this before my CFormView derived class has a few checkboxes. I want to force the message handlers of all the checkboxes to be called when I change (check/uncheck) one of them. I dont want to use the group thing. my code is like this CMyFormView::OnCheck1() { m_bStatusCode = ((CButton *)(GetDlgItem( IDC_CHECK_COMPILE_CODE )))->GetCheck() ? TRUE : FALSE; m_MyGUI = COMPILE_CODE; /* needs to send the notify the parent to execute the other message handlers*/ } CMyFormView::OnCheck2() { m_bStatusAssets = ((CButton *)(GetDlgItem( IDC_CHECK_BUILD_ASSETS )))->GetCh...

Only The Report Header Is Printing
I use an Access application here at work, which includes a button on a form to print a report. When I try to print the report nothing comes out but the header of the report. I'm very new to using Access and really don't know the ins and outs of it at all. I have looked in a couple of different Access training books, but I don't know what I'm really looking for. I'm frustated and need help. Does the report have a RecordSource? A table or query that is providing the data to the report? Do you have controls on the report that are bound to fields in that RecordSource table...

Crystal Reports Logon Error 02-19-04
Has anyone experienced a Crystal Reports Logon Error when attempting to run reports in CRM? The message indicates that I should ensure that I have enough Crystal Licenses. It worked yesterday, but not today. The only changes I made to the system were adding more users. Help, Please!!!! Troy open up the crystal administrator tool and make sure all services are running including the aps server of course "Troy Laughlin" <troyl@entersecurity.com> wrote in message news:1296901c3f697$ac51c340$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone experienced a Crystal Reports Logon Error wh...

GP 6.0 Report Writer
I have a custom invoice report that on occasion prints more than 1 page. The problem is that some of the header information does not print on the second page. i.e. I have at the top of my invoice an: Invoice Number Date Page # Caller On page 1 all four items print fine but on the second page only the page # and caller print. How does the 6.0 report writer define by field what prints on every page (page header)? Is there a decent reporting manual or tutorial available anywhere. Thanks for the help Generally, on all of the GP reports, you have 2 headers: Report header and Page head...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

Alternative coloring in report
I need in a report detail. I want to make fill color. 1st line one color, 2nd line one color, 3rd line again 1st line color. Thanks Did you try google "Access Report alternate colors"? The first result is for http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA012191461033.aspx. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "bpj" wrote: > I need in a report detail. I want to make fill color. 1st line one color, > 2nd line one color, 3rd line again 1st line color. > &...

XP Style button using MFC 4.2
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 6, MFC 4.2. Windows XP SP2. My problem is, how could I get the XP Style buttons on the dialog. If i dynamically create the button using CreateWindow() the button still looks same. I've tried 'Button Controls' article on MSDN but no luck. Could anyone help me? Thanks, Fahad Themes are handled by the system, and not on a button-basis. The way to give your application running on XP the themed look is to include a manifest resource. The resource can either be a resource compiled into your EXE or it can be a separate file in the same directory as your ...

Reason Code Report #2
I sell a perishable product, therefore I need to be able to track product that has perished. In the help menu, under reason codes, it states, the information is stored for use in tracking and reporting. That is why I chose this method to record dead plants. Now I need to know the cost and profit lost of these dead plants, as well, I don't want to purchase them again. So how do I get the information???? I read about a guy tracking dead fish by making the item inactive, although he was having trouble, should I change how I track this info for the future? I would greatly appreciate h...

Backordered Item Received Report from Transfer
Is there a report similar to the POP Backordered Items Received Report that one can run after transferring inventory into a warehouse location? We would like to use assembly transactions, but not sure how to get this visibility if we don't receive into the warehouse location. Thanks, Barbara Behen Hi Bdehen There is no canned report that will give you this information. This would be a report you would have to create. Regards, Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Bbehen" wrote: > Is there a report sim...

How to setup category for schedule c, line 13
MS Money 2003 Deluxe & Business: How do I set up a category to record transactions that will afffect line 13 of Schedule C (depreciation)? I need to track the hardware and software that I purchase to run my business. -- Axel Larson - ...

Dat Location not getting set in Crystal Reports from C++
Hi Group! CrystalReports version 8.5 using RDC from MSVC++ 6 SP6 I'm updating an application that currently uses an MDB file in the same directory as the Crystal *.rpt files, and all the reports are coded with "Database->Set Location->Same As Report". I need to allow the data file to be at an alternate location, so I coded the program to set the location at run time. (See code below.) This works great for most of the reports. But any report that contains a subreport fails. The first call to m_database->Verify() (before setting the location) gives 4 messages as expect...

Realized gain/loss in Money 2002 Reports
I am entering my investment data into money '02 and have been looking at some of reports that it provides. In the "performance by investment account report" it shows that for one of my investments the realized gain is $18.45. THIS IS FALSE as i have been keeping everything in Excel spreadsheets. In the register section of the investment I entered a sell with a $218.45 gain. I am entering all data into the register (activity,# of shares, price, total)Money knows what i paid for the inv. and what i sold it for. This is not the only inv. it is doing this to. Is there a fix or...

Register Analysis Report #2
has anyone had problems with a over/short amount always appearing on this report. I have figured out that the over/short is always equal to the shipping that was charged for that day. Can anyone help with this? ...

printing a new field on report
Hi, I have created a new table and added some fields to this table.i would like to be able to print these new fields on an existing report wrtier report.how can i do that ? (I am not able to see the new table in report writer).i am running gp.8.0 ,sql ent 2000. thank you. Hi Sandra Are you using Dexterity or VBA for your customisation? If using Dexterity you can create an alternate report and use a Report Writer function to access your field. If using VBA you can use RetrieveGlobals.dll to obtain the login credentials and ADO to talk to SQL and execute a T-SQL Query to return you...

Inserting a Logo into a Report
I am trying to insert a logo in a Access 2007 report I created. I am using the Logo Icon under the Design tab. The logo looks fine in design view, but when exporting the report to a pdf, the logo becomes fuzzy. I have tried different formats (.tif, jpeg, bmp) and also just directly copying the logo from within photoshop, but no luck. Any tips, tricks or hints would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!! The problem is due to the size of the image(Logo). You can open that Logo in paint and try to make the size smaller. Then use that logo. -- <a href="http://...

WIP Detail Report
Is there a (field within a) SQL table that indicates whether or not a cost transaction posted to a Project is in WIP or has been cleared from WIP? This would enable me to reconcile nicely to WIP in the GL, and I'd like to add a marker to our Project Cost Breakdown report to distinguish which cost lines have been billed, and which have not. For example, I've found PA23203 seems to show line items tagged/billed for T&M jobs, but I haven't found one for FP ones yet. Ideally, there would be a Master cost detail table with a field that could be used as a marker. Any suggest...

Business Alerts--Report Column Error
I am getting the error message when trying to remove the column from Select REport Columns Screen of Business Alerts."A Remove Operation On table 'SY_Rules_Selected_Columns_Temp' Failed because the Record couldn't be locked" Did anybody have solution for this. Thanks IN Advance Mansoor Quadri ...

Adding Reports
We wish to add our own VS.NET Crystal reports to our customised version of the CRM - is this possible and if so what is the process involved? Ideally we'd like the reports to appear within the CRM report list. TIA Simon VS.NET CR? I dont know if that fully suports CRM, but Crystal has a version just for CRM and that would be your best option. Also remember CRM requires version 8.5 and not the latest 9.0 And if you want to get a more advanced version of 8.5, that works too......I bought the Developer edition of 8.5 and its working just fine with CRM. -Gary "Simon Storr"...

Project 2007: Modifying Excel Visual Report Templates
Hi, I am using MS Project 2007 and am having difficulties modifying an existing visual report template namely the (Earned Value Over Time) report. I am trying to add a new couple of fields (Task CPI and Task SPI). I go to visual reports -> click on the All tab -> select Earned Value Over Time -> then hit 'Edit' the I go into the field picker screen and find the 2 new fields that I want included in report ' Task CPI' and 'Task SPI' and cick 'Add' to move them over to the Selected Fields' I then click on Edit Template. Exce...

Multi Site/Web Serverhosted XML Report loader
I have a WAN network w/ Multi Web server hosting "Internal XML files" of the branch office proprietary app XML reports on each branches web server, I would like to be able to host on the Main server the report Application for all branches, I have all XML parsing and sorting working, but only if the exported branch XML file are with in the virtual root of the site, I would like to have the XML file hosted at each branch office and map a URL to the XML file, But I get a Virtual Directory error when I call upon the remote URL at the branch office. The reasoning behind this is to maximiz...

making a chnge in a report
i have a report and that report imports other data it is abotu 160 pages and ther are abotu 5 pages that i need to make changes in how do i do that in access? Revise the data that feeds the report. -- Build a little, test a little. "Meca Lee" wrote: > i have a report and that report imports other data it is abotu 160 pages and > ther are abotu 5 pages that i need to make changes in how do i do that in > access? > > ...

Recipients of Non-delivery Reports (NDRs)
Hello, We are running an exchange 2003 server in our company LAN. For some reason I keep getting all the NDRs sent by the exchange server in our network. I am not able to find where to set who will receive these notifications when email delivery fails. In Exchange System Manager, bring up the properties of your SMTP virtual server. On the Messages tab, look in the field called 'send copy of non-delivery report to' - that will probably contain your SMTP address. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Mourad" <Mourad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F756...

PCRE & MFC: problem with link error
I'm trying to get an MFC v6 project to link with the C Perl Compatible Regular Expression (pcre) library, and encountering a link error about unresolved references. Pcre seems mostly oriented to the unix/linux world, and more or less unaware that Microsoft exists. There is a C++ "wrapper" but it seems mostly for having a regex object, which isn't what I'm struggling with. Help appreciated. I'm mostly ignorant about using the linker beyond using the ide. extern "C" { #include "pcre.h" } BOOL CPcreTestApp::InitInstance() { pcre *re = NULL; ...