Button Text #2

Hi,

I have some text on a button on my dialog. I want to force it so that the text is split. i.e one word is on top the other word is on bottom rather than one continuous line of text.

I assume there is some way that this can be done through the dialog editor. Can anyone tell me how it is done?

Thanks
Macca
0
macca (52)
6/14/2004 10:26:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

use \n to slit the line and check property multiline

"Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have some text on a button on my dialog. I want to force it so that the
text is split. i.e one word is on top the other word is on bottom rather
than one continuous line of text.

> I assume there is some way that this can be done through the dialog
editor. Can anyone tell me how it is done?

> Thanks
> Macca

0
pcjREMOVE (26)

Data Consolidation #2
Hey All, ...

Why is .NET 2.0 required to deploy an app using VC2005 C++ Setup project?
I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the prerequisites section the .NET 2.0 is checked by default. My app does not need the framework (at least this is what I think). If I clear the checkbox, build the project, and then try to deploy it on a machine with ..NET 1.1 the installer fails with a message complaining about missing .NET 2.0. I'm not sure if this the installer that needs the framework or my app. Are there any mfc8 dlls dependant on the framework? Thanks Hi, > I just created a setup project for my mfc app. I noticed that in the > p...

Text Boxes cut off or split over pages
Hi, I have a report with three subreports. They are set to can grow and shrink if needed. The problem I'm having is that the first page is showing the header for the second subreport and then the second page is showing the text box that comes after the second subreport. There are two lines of text and between the two pages that are missing. First, I had the problem with the header for the second subreport being split between the two pages. I adjusted the margins and now the header is there but not the text. If anyone can help resolve this frustrating issue, it will be greatly appreciate...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #2
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

RMS v1.2 and v1.3
I am operating on Headquarters v1.2 and Store Operations v1.3 however when I upload items the information does not transfer. Do both need to be the same version? Headquarters and Store Operations always have to be the same version for the uploads/downloads to work. -- Regards Michael (Brisbane, Australia) "NMC" <NMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193149AE-8F18-49F4-A98D-91B801C7CC6F@microsoft.com... >I am operating on Headquarters v1.2 and Store Operations v1.3 however when >I > upload items the information does not transfer. Do both need to...

navigation buttons missing
In my subform I have navigation buttons set to yes but when the form is displayed the navigation buttons are not there. any ideas? -- deb "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC539484-6057-49B6-BCFD-D887968CCD5C@microsoft.com... > In my subform I have navigation buttons set to yes but when the form is > displayed the navigation buttons are not there. > > any ideas? > -- > deb Sounds like the sub form control is a bit to short. See what happens if you allow scrollbars on the control. -- Bill Mosca, Microso...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

MDI child window resize #2
I have an MDI Application that was created using the VS Studio Wizard. I have a child document inside the main window and I would like to change its size. How do I do that? Thanks Jess SetWindowPos will change the size of any window. In MDI child window, you want to call this on the childwindowframe(ie, pView->GetParentFrame). ------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Once you do your SetWindowPos (like Ajay mentioned) on the CView derived class, if the CView is actually a descendent of CScrollView (for example CFormView) you can also call ResizeParentToFit to get the child fra...

comparing lists #2
Hi, I have two lists, placed in two different sheets in the same workbook. Now we want a new list that does only contain those items that are in both lists. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance! Check out this site of Chip Pearson. Scroll down to "D", and see all the options referring to duplicates. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Prixton" <prixt0n@netscape.net> wro...

OneNote IE8 send to button
I am running IE8 and do not have a OneNote button in either the toolbar of under the tools menu. rkalb wrote: >I am running IE8 and do not have a OneNote button in either the > toolbar of under the tools menu. Check the add-ons in IE (Tools | Add-ons ....) if "Send to OneNote" is activated. Rainald ...

2 y-axes PivotChart
I'd like to create a PivotChart with 2 y-axes using the Excel Chart Line - Column on 2 Axes charting function. I can't seem to get Excel to show the 2nd y-axis when I use a PivotChart. It always reverts back to a single axis column graph. How can I get this to work? Thanks Geoff -- geoffz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ geoffz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=574141 Pivot charts always forget any customizations when th...

text box #7
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help. Thank you We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox menu. Are there any macros you are using. Mangesh "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C6C6F42-E6CB-4DEB-BB46-C8F923A343C0@microsoft.com... > I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get > the error message "...

Equations and Text in same Cell
I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate text within the same cell as the result of an equation but the I cannot control the number of decimal places that the output displays. I've tried using the Number tab in the Format Cell feature but nothing changes. Is there a way to control the number of decimal places when you are combining text with the results of an equation? yes. you could incorperate the round() funciton. post your formula regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate...

threads #2
I have a server/client application that communicates using threads. The server class uses a while loop inside a thread to wait for new connections in accept state, like this: var a = new var( ); while( (server.Accept(connection)) ) { ...... ...... } I have declared a variable (var) right before this loop which uses memory. I want to free/delete this variable at the end of the while loop, but the control never reaches there. How can I make sure that this variable gets deleted before the server side exits? Thanks. Jessica Jessica Weiner wrote: > I have a server/client applicatio...

multicurrency #2
We are using Great Plains for some time and we bought Multicurrency recently. What steps do we need to take to implement multicurrency functionality. The basics - once you select a functional currency and process a transaction, you can never change that functional currency. Read through the posts on the newsgroup to get a feel for the issues multi-currency can create. Determine how you want to set it up (perhaps with the assistance of you VAR or a consultant). A little planning now (and money) can save you a big headache in the future. We have multiple companies with different funt...

Reply Problem #2
Can anyone tell me why when you REPLY to any email message, a number "7319" or equivalent appears in the "To" field? This just started happening to some systems with fresh installs of Office 2003/Windows XP. Thank you in advace... ...

Charting with concatenated numbers and text
I am scatter charting from columns of data (text and numbers) that I concatanate into a long string so that I can use the validate drop down list feature in Excel, which only supports one column. I use Mid, Left and Right functions to then pick the relevant charting data from the string. Unfortunately although the numbers look good, Excel does not treat them the same way that it does with directly entered numbers - and my charts do not display accurately. Any ideas to to fix this problem or suggest a modified workflow. I am not an advanced user but would like to use the drop down li...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

V1.2 to V3.0 Upgrade
After upgrading a V1.2 implementation to V3.0, IIS began to freeze (appears to still be running) or fail. Regardless, it requires an IIS reset every 2 hours to keep CRM up and running. Our client is running a Windows 2000 server with both the application server and SQL installed on the box. Has anyone else seen this issue? Thanks for the help. ...

Formatted Text in Autocorrect, Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I want to set up an autocorrect entry where I replace something with =formatted= as opposed to =plain= text. Specifically, I want to replace "qqq" with "QQQQQ" formatted in 14 pt Britannic Bold. However, I cnanot change the signal button from "plain' to "formatted" text. is there a way to do this? Type the word you want to use to replace "qqq" and format it inside your document. Select it, then click on Tools>AutoCorrect. You can now click the "formatted text&...

Legends #2
Hi I have a line chart with legends below. How do you reduce the spacing between the legends (I have three) and the last legend is not fully shown. Hope someone can solve this problem. Anne Hi Anne - If you click on the legend, it will be selected and eight little square handles appear. As you drag these handles, the legend entries move closer or further apart, and my even form a 2D matrix rather than a 1D list. Experiment until you get the appearance you want. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Anne wrote: &g...

Problems sending email #2
Ok I can't quite figure out what the problem is with why I can't send emails. If I do a test email through the email account setup it goes through fine. When I send an email this is the error message that comes up. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 2/3/2007 3:57 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'djc122984@aol.com' on 2/3/2007 3:57 PM 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. It does this no matter what email address I send a message to. I...

Synchronizing 2 spreadsheets in excel
Hi, I want to use 2 different spreadsheets - 1 which displays information for all staff and 1 which displays information for management only. How can I make the spreadsheet 1 synchronize with spreadsheet 2 (for extra data to be added to)? Is this possible? Thanks in advance - Sara ...

Lookup Problem #2
Hello, I use this formula to sum numbers. I am trying to use the same formul to return text. What do I have to replace sum with? {=SUM(IF(A2>=Sheet2!$E$1:$E$51,IF(Sheet1!A2<=Sheet2!$F$1:$F$51,Sheet2!$G$1:$G$51,0)))} Thanks Gre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi thre's no such build-in function. How do you want to 'Sum' text values?. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gbonda >" <<Gbonda.19r3p8@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Gbonda.19r3p8@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, > > I use this form...

SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040217The specified object was not found.D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\entity.inl1542 Source: System.Web.Services #2
I get this exception when I execute this code to retreive a CRM contact. Any ideas as to what the proxy class is looking for that it cannot find. I do not have the directory structure the erro message calls for. Exception: SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040217The specified object was not found.D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\entity.inl1542 Source: System.Web.Services Code: // strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server string strServer = "crm"; // virtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM // virtual directory on the...